View Poll Results: Who likes/doesn't like this thread???

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll

20 95.24%
  • Doesn't like

1 4.76%
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1217

Thread: Pokémon Nickname Discussion Thread

I love nicknaming.it is just so funny.In pokemon heart gold i named my rival loser.Every body called him that.Even Professor Elm.

Quote Originally Posted by Espectra View Post
    I always give my pokemon nicknames in other languages

I know it may seem a bit cliche but I find that sometimes the names in other languages are quite beautiful; right now on my Pokemon Black re-run I've got this current team:

Incendie (Chandelure) It means "Fire" in French
    Vipera (Serperior) It means "Snake" in Romanian
    Povdigane (Conkeldurr) It means "lifiting" in Bulgarian
    Vivamus (Hydreigon) It means "live" in Latin
    Kale (Crustle) It means "castle" in turkish
    Pringles (Jellicent) Simply because he looks like the pringles man hehe
    Think that one is funny. It means bold (no hair) in Dutch

Just have a few with nicknames:
    Gardevoir: Lily
    Altaria: Aurora
    Ampharos: Levina
    Butterfree: Anakoni
    Froslass: Crystal
    Cinccino: Coco

This is just the team I like using, have more with nicknames, but that would become a very long list.

I went with a Black Butler theme on my White. XDDD

Serperior: Sebastian (Fits him very well, despite being a snake instead of a cat. XDD)

Chandelure: Angelina (After Madame Red. Seems to fit her too. :3)

Zebstrika: Aleister (The Viscount of Druitt, although she's female. XDDD)

Sawk: Lao (Seemed to fit.)

Damn it, I can't remember the rest. DX

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

In heartgold,i named my rival a bad word..hehehe ! I nicknamed my ho-oh joe. I don't know why i just felt like joe at the time ! I named my torterra in platinum psycho.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

Renaming Pokemon for me is just either naming them after an aspect of tghem (Like how my Serperior is nicknamed Slither) or just a silly name.
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

Quote Originally Posted by KingPikachu1 View Post
    I love nicknaming.it is just so funny.In pokemon heart gold i named my rival loser.Every body called him that.Even Professor Elm.
    I named my rival: Idiot
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Spoiler:- Looking for these Pokemon::

Join this amazing Pokemon community!

I used to nickname my Pokemon something random. Like, if I felt the Pokemon would suit the name Toothbrush, then sure. If I felt Ro was appropriate, then there was no stopping me from naming it Ro. This went on until maybe 3 months ago.

Then, it turned into wanting to name them something clever. I wanted their nicknames to be a reference to something. I named my Shiny Cinccino Adele because she had the same hairstyle as Adele did in her Albert Hall Concert, and her hair was almost the same color as her shininess. And I named my Feraligatr Reptar.

Now, Feraligatr, being the first Pokemon I ever owned (waaaay back in Silver version, where his name was Justin Jr.), will keep his nickname. This is because with my new nicknaming scheme, I can't find the right combination that would sound any kind of attractive.

But my Abomasnow is now named Aboma, my Musharna is now named Musha, my Nidoqueen is now named Queen, Scrafty is Scraft, and so on and so forth. This is because whenever I'm team building with someone, I abbreviate their names when I talk about them.

(for example, "So Aboma comes in, sets up Hai, 100% acc" "right
    Lux is dark/ele, right?
    And Eel has ground immunity and no weakness
    What's Luxie's moveset looking like?")

I feel a bit cheap doing it this way, but I don't know. I feel like since I don't put effort into it, since this is what I naturally call them, I feel like it's actually establishing that personal connection with them. So I'm doing it that way. Even if I feel cheap, like I'm being lazy. @__@

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Help me...
    What nickname should I put for my kyogre?
    Last edited by Cool Boy; 31st January 2012 at 8:21 PM.
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalslaffin View Post
    I nicknamed my Alakazam *Limmiwinks* after the south park rat.... It makes sense if you see the episode
    Hahaha Like XD
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

i didnt give pokemon nicknames on any of my games until i got white. (i have black also)
    because i highly dissaproved of it, now i think it's fun
    on white i named my star ter, snivy, Neo, because while doing a replay of the beggining of black i called it that and i really suited it
    i called my patrat Wotchy because it is going to evolve into watchog
    i called my panpour fowntin cos i felt like it
    and i called my blitzle zeezap

My porygon-Z's nickname is polygon

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Boy View Post
    Help me...
    What nickname should I put for my kyogre?
    Although it is a rather dumb name, I called mine Kyogurt....
    White friend code: 5458 3426 3470
    White 2 Friend Code: 2581-2038-4234
    Y Friend Code: 3780-9581-5414

Still Needed!!!!!!
    None! (Although I'm always willing to get more Shaymins!

Available for Trade!
    Offering: x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 x2 , Zygarde

I nickname Pokemon!
    I nickname things according to myths, translations, or internet memes

Some names I used,

Votma (Gardevior) - Embrace (Estonian)
    Iskal (Clyoster) - Ice Shell (Swedish)
    Erntear (Dusknoir) - Harvestor (German)
    Tumsinde (Drapion) - Dark Venom (Latvian)
    Desmond (Beartic) - asdf movie 2

I nicknamed my shiny prized kyogre Lilacwaves due to it,s shiny purple color & type. my growlithe Joey.
    my giratina Daybreaker, my Ho-oh Hitori [phoenix in japanese]
    my scizor Raizo, latios is Tsubasa [wings in japanese], my chansey is Mercy±, my 2 Jirachi is Starlight & twinkle. my shiny camerupt is named silver due to color & the game found in, my shiny Luxray is StaticGirl [but when i got it it,s abilty is Intimidate not staic like I wanted but it,s so hard to get shiny pkmn and I didn,t want to waste a great name lol.
    I always name my Charizards Spike since yellow.
    Lucario1 is named Roux and Lucario2 is named Drache which means dragon like courage.
    my blissey is Lucky.
    Rotom is EMF.
    Infernape is shonenjump.
    I'm looking 4 5th gen shinys! have lots of shinys gens 1-4 to trade!(have PKRS!)Please contact with what 5th gen shinys u have & what shinys u want.
        Spoiler:- Some of my SHINYS 4 trade:

sorry to double post but I have a question & maybe a B&W BUG.

Ok so my friend traded me a Cubchoo named Polorhume but when I evolved the little guy his nickname vanished and now it just says Beartic. This has never happened to me before! how do i get it,s name back? help....

Also why is it on the GTS I often find pkmn nickname another pkmn secies
    like a pichu named celebi that then pops up the listings for celebi but it,s really a Pichu? what gives?

if u can answer ether of these questions plz reply to me or here, thanks 4 reading.
    I'm looking 4 5th gen shinys! have lots of shinys gens 1-4 to trade!(have PKRS!)Please contact with what 5th gen shinys u have & what shinys u want.
        Spoiler:- Some of my SHINYS 4 trade:

Quote Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
    sorry to double post but I have a question & maybe a B&W BUG.

Ok so my friend traded me a Cubchoo named Polorhume but when I evolved the little guy his nickname vanished and now it just says Beartic. This has never happened to me before! how do i get it,s name back? help....

Also why is it on the GTS I often find pkmn nickname another pkmn secies
    like a pichu named celebi that then pops up the listings for celebi but it,s really a Pichu? what gives?

if u can answer ether of these questions plz reply to me or here, thanks 4 reading.
    That wasn't his nickname.it was his name in another language and since it evolved in your game thats why his name changed to beartic.
    and the later ones are from a glitch in GTS.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

My dewott's name is Gershwin. I name them according to circumstance and MY mod, since it's hard to see theirs before reaching some kind of name rater's house. I also named a wild pansear I caught "Magma"

I have quite a few nicknames I'd like to share. Some are video game/anime references. Others are names based on myths, inside jokes, or just plain stupid. I'll just show my team in White and why I named them that.

Emboar/Mandrag - The Link to the Past manuals of the SNES version state that Ganon was also named Mandrag Ganon. Since Emboar is a pig, I though it was fitting.
    Zebstrika/Equinox - Named after a grotto boss in Dragon Quest IX which is a black horse and has a lightning based attack.
    Excadrill/Simon - I named this guy after Simon from Gurren Lagann. Drills and Simon. I think it makes sense.
    Zoroark/Link - I thought that Zoroark sort of resembled Link's wolf forme in Twilight Princess. Sort of. If I felt like changing it, I would name him Akuro after the final boss of Okamiden.
    Haxorus/Barbarus - I got a shiny Axew and since it's final evolution is black, I named it after a black dragon in Dragon Quest IX.
    Bisharp/Dynames - This is named after a Gundam in Gundam 00. I was going to use Exia since it fits for, but I thought that Dynames sounded just as cool.
    Top Five Non-Legends<---You can't stop them from domination...

Friend Codes:
    SoulSilver: 2407-8763-0856
    Platinum: 4726-3826-6538
    Pearl: 1890-7956-1544
        Spoiler:- Battle Info:

NeoDarkraiTV <--This is my YouTube account. Click and watch my Twilight Princess Runthrough and FireRed Runthrough.
    Currently working on making a competitve battling guide. Help would be appreciated.

Follow me on twitter.com/NeoDarkrai or facebook.com/NeoDarkraiTV for random stuff and updates on when new Episodes are up.

I've been nicknaming all my Larvestas that I have hatched while trying to find a shiny. I just give them the most random names. My favorite one is a Female Larvesta named Leroy

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I named my snivy inuyasha since he's cool.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

My Oshawott is Joker, because I was watching a Batman commercial whan I named him.
    My Liligant is Sakura, because she's a flower.
    My Pawniard is Pawniard, because I still can't think of a name, lol
    My Unfezant is Cloud, because he flies for me.
    My Sawk is Bruce Lee, Like Bruce Lee the Martial Artist.
    And my Sawsbuck is Clarice, named after Rudolph's girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by MitsukiBW View Post
    My Oshawott is Joker, because I was watching a Batman commercial whan I named him.
    My Liligant is Sakura, because she's a flower.
    My Pawniard is Pawniard, because I still can't think of a name, lol
    My Unfezant is Cloud, because he flies for me.
    My Sawk is Bruce Lee, Like Bruce Lee the Martial Artist.
    And my Sawsbuck is Clarice, named after Rudolph's girlfriend.
    Interesting :/ , I the only Pokemon I nicknamed was Ekans aKa Nagini ,no plans to nickname anything else ..

20307 Events ,and Continuing

Thundurus named Kracko
    Kirby ftw

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

I called my tepig starter Pokabu after its japanese name because I thought it was cute. Called my shiny cottonee Eru for the same reason.

Not sure what I should name my other cottonee whose going to be on my team, though. Need a name for solosis too.

I called my tepig starter Pokabu after its japanese name because I thought it was cute. Called my shiny cottonee Eru for the same reason.

Not sure what I should name my other cottonee whose going to be on my team, though. Need a name for solosis too. Any ideas?

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast