Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPG Forum Brainstorm Session

It's been awhile... so, this is what everyone's been up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    On the note of a teaching RP, does anybody remember Lady Myuu's RPG School for Beginners? (Oh my gosh 2006 why am I so oooooooold?) The idea behind it was pretty good and it looked simple enough (five gyms instead of eight makes sense to me for a beginner's RP), it's just a shame it never got past the grading sign-ups phase. Either way, the entire idea of it is helping members along, showing them where there's room for improvement and getting them used to the SPPf way of RPing.
    Oh come now, Psychic. You aren't that old. Why, I remember the day you got after me for advertising, back when I joined in '07...[/reminiscing] I also remember having an idea for this (which was abandoned somewhere along the way), and I still have mention of it in my profile... mine was somewhat different. I had the idea of an academy, and the students would learn the basics of RPGing by taking classes with some of the elite RPers of this site. Naturally, the first thing they would do is take an entrance exam (the first signup) which could be taken as many times as they wish. After that, they would be given a basic Pokemon, such as a starter, and be taught the basics of roleplay by experimenting in various threads with other players. Thread moderators would step in, acting as the teachers, grading the kids based on how well they interacted, and offering helpful advice. When the mod felt the RPGer had progressed enough, the student would graduate from the class and move on to the next. The classes would cover everything from Battling to social interaction, to creating your own RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    What do you think about RPGer Interveiws? I recall something similar being done in the Fanfic forum a long time ago, where one person would conduct an interview with regular fanfic writers, asking them about their fanfic, history, things like that. Maybe making it a bi or tri-weekly feature?
    I also had a thought about that. I considered making either a weekly newsletter, or maybe a podcast. It would've had interviews, an "RPG-of-the-Week" feature, and maybe a weekly story that continued as each week went on. T'would be nice to see that project come to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

Hmm.... mind if you're old buddy Zinc gives a few suggestions?
    In my travels on the interwebs, I have found that a few RPing sites prefer to seperate their RPs into 2 or 3 sections or sub-forums:

Casual or Begginer: In this area, players are either begginers to the RP business, and want to learn how to do it correctly. More advance players may have tutoring threads, or simple RPs (such as the ones listed above... that I would join) to teach newcomers and old friends who lost their touch the way of the RP.

It also panders to those who don't have the time to write out 4 paragraph posts all the time. RPs in this section might have a little leniancy on the post limit (like a few sentences, instead of at least 2 good paragraphs). It's simple, fun, and still coherent (Grammer is still a must... as always).

RPs ussually have no, or very little, plot. They pertain more to actions and simple interaction. Not to say they are bad... just more simple.

Journeymen, Adventurers, or Intermediate: RPs here are dedicated to those who wish to make 2 paragraph or longer posts, make decent obsevations, and develop character... without too much padding or use of words that fellow RPers have to look up. Simple actions, jokes and wit, conversations, slightly detailed fights (explaining actions, but not going into extreme detail on where weight shifts ont he exact science) and balanced characters are appreciated and are the usual base criteria.

I, Zinc, fall in this catagory, as I enjoy making good posts, but writing anything over 4 paragraphs has me have to waste prescious time. In fact, you will doubtlessly notice several speling errors on this page, as I have to rush it out so that I can still finish homework. This is the section for people who want to have the full RP experiance without the page long posts.... a place for people on a time limit.

Advanced, Masters, and Elite: Do you like to fascinate the masses with detailed posts? Does making page long fight scenes with a minion give you a bone-meister? Do you crack open a thesaurus or dictionary just to finish a sentence without using a word that has been used more than once so far? Look no further than the Advance section.

This section looks after those who like to take their time in their posts, and make them high-quality. Mistakes in spelling are rare, and everything is taken into account, from the sounds surrounding your character, to the reaction to that cricket that just past. Of course, while most of us would LOVE to be able to do this every post, most don't have the time... but you, MrR. Elite? You take your hobby seriously. Nothing is too good.

RPs such as Kamotz's Armored Core RP would fit here. Long imposing posts are common... but also keep some of the Journeymen from being able to compete with the Advance players, due to time limitations.

Arena: This section is dedicated to those who wish to simply fight against another player using an OC in a set enviroment... to the death or otherwise. If you crave nothing but the thrill of trapping your opponent with their own moves in an online battle of character capability and wits... then this is your section.

OCs would have to have a ranking system, so that an all powerful Wizard-God wouldn't have the chance to curbstomp some poor sap's Roman warrior.

Certain rules such as: No forcing hits
    and: Do not kill an opponent's character without permission (defeat is allowed, but killing? Permission needed.
    Also: Use common sense... trying to pull massive strings out of your butt to stop from getting hit would be frowned upon.
    -
    I've seen this kind of system in play, and it works. It seperates the different levels of posters, and promotes a advancement in talent.
    -

Also, I seem to notice a trend in most... 'Advance' RPs.
    We are trying to outdo each other. Many of us are padding posts, just to make them as long (or LONGER) than a previous memeber, as to not appear lesser. This is not required in the rules. I've seen plenty of RPs die because Journeymen have played with Advance players, and couldn't keep up with the ever increasing post lengths... I'm guilty of subcoming to this many times over. It's just a fact. We don't want to embarass ourselves... so we just never get around to writing the long post.

As such, those who can't keep up can play in lower sections. The same can be said for an Advance player. If they want a break fron their normal page posts, they can just hang around in the Casual section, and get some good clean fun on the run in.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post

Also, I seem to notice a trend in most... 'Advance' RPs.
    We are trying to outdo each other. Many of us are padding posts, just to make them as long (or LONGER) than a previous memeber, as to not appear lesser. This is not required in the rules. I've seen plenty of RPs die because Journeymen have played with Advance players, and couldn't keep up with the ever increasing post lengths... I'm guilty of subcoming to this many times over. It's just a fact. We don't want to embarass ourselves... so we just never get around to writing the long post.

As such, those who can't keep up can play in lower sections. The same can be said for an Advance player. If they want a break fron their normal page posts, they can just hang around in the Casual section, and get some good clean fun on the run in.
    After reading your post a couple of times, I really had to think about how I feel about this idea. There are some ups and downs to this plan, and I still haven't come to a conclusive opinion. I think it would be a nice idea to separate the RPGs into section, but if an advanced roleplay were to pop up under said section, who's to say it would get enough sign-ups or enough people to play it? I mean, are these threads active enough to incur different levels of RPGs?

Then again, if it doesn't get enough players, that probably just means it wasn't very good in the first place. I don't know... But I do want to point out that part that I put in bold. I too have seen good RPGs die because people couldn't keep up. It's sad that that is the reason for so many amazing plots and stories just ending. People give up because it becomes either a competition or too much work to keep it up. So maybe the separation of RPGs into sections would solve this problem, because then newbies wouldn't be competing with veterans who write lengthy posts. Then again, I guess we won't know for sure unless we actually try it.
    I was born a Unicorn
    I could've sworn you believed in me
    Then how come all the other Unicorns are dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post

I think the main problem is that people aren't aware of it. Maybe if it was moved to the sign-up thread instead of the RPG Cafe? I'm wracking my brain for other possible ways to make it more noticeable or to get people to realize how helpful it is. There's nothing better than getting feedback from other people on your work. Good or bad, you can always take something from it.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure people are aware of it. How many sign-ups were actually reviewed though? I think that's where a lot of people are turned off, because it actually doesn't seem like it's getting used, so why would someone post in it? I agree, I always thought it was a good idea, that's why I went up and made it. If you can find a way to make it more active, be my guest and help me out, I'd love to see it actually be used.

I think the GM/RPer interview sounds interesting, and a ton of fun, you can totally put me down for that!

I'm gonna have to disagree with you though, Zincspider. There really isn't enough activity to warrant such a change in the first place, and even if there were, separating based on skill ability seems rather shallow. I don't see how telling a bunch of people that another group is better will really raise self-image or fuel to roleplay. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles4ever View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty sure people are aware of it. How many sign-ups were actually reviewed though? I think that's where a lot of people are turned off, because it actually doesn't seem like it's getting used, so why would someone post in it? I agree, I always thought it was a good idea, that's why I went up and made it. If you can find a way to make it more active, be my guest and help me out, I'd love to see it actually be used.

I think the GM/RPer interview sounds interesting, and a ton of fun, you can totally put me down for that!

I'm gonna have to disagree with you though, Zincspider. There really isn't enough activity to warrant such a change in the first place, and even if there were, separating based on skill ability seems rather shallow. I don't see how telling a bunch of people that another group is better will really raise self-image or fuel to roleplay. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though.
    I never said one was better than the other. The main differance is post length and time restraints on some of us. Plus, it's only the RPs themselves that would be classed. People could play in whatever they wanted, just like they can now... there are just different expectations in the classes.
    I'm not expecting a big 3 area forum... maybe just some differintiation with the rules, for those who can't always meet really high standards... or want to find higher ones.
    Last edited by Zincspider; 9th April 2011 at 8:22 PM.
    WARNING!
    GM is prone to going for the throat. Poke at own risk. Continued poking or complaining in his presence may result in serious character injury or death. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    I never said one was better than the other. The main differance is post length and time restraints on some of us. Plus, it's only the RPs themselves that would be classed. People could play in whatever they wanted, just like they can now... there are just different expectations in the classes.
    I'm not expecting a big 3 area forum... maybe just some differintiation with the rules, for those who can't always meet really high standards... or want to find higher ones.
    I think the simple solution to this entire complicated premise is for individual GMs to say "my RP will include x amount of effort with about y post-length and would likely also require a, b and c from RPers" if they so choose. Members classing themselves might not make perfect decisions and being divided into groups by others doesn't always feel very nice. If a GM knows what they want and knows what to ask of those joining, they can work that way. But I don't feel that dividing an already not-so-active forum will make things any better, plus it will just be one more deterrent for newbies in a section with enough regulations as is.

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

I vaguely recall that at some point, years ago, a handful of experienced role-players began to rally for an advanced RPers sub-forum. I don't know if it ever materialized, but I think it's a bad idea. The forum is not very active as is, and, as Psychic said, dividing it further is counterproductive and deterrent.

The way I see it, the RP forum has two pressing issues:

1.) RPGs, even if great care and effort is put into the premise and sign-ups, tend to die somewhere between the 50 and 100-post mark, never reaching even a semblance of a satisfying conclusion.

2.) Novices to RPing don't have many avenues through which they can learn the ropes. Yes, some are lazy and unwilling to compromise, but others are earnest in their desire to improve.

With RPGs constantly crumbling halfway through and newcomers having no real way to learn other than by constantly applying for RPGs and being rejected, it is ultimately not very shocking that the RPG forum is somewhat inactive. All of the ideas along the lines of newsletters, interviews that cross over to the fanfic section, and so on are great; anything to drum up interest in RPing.

I think that there needs to be a change in mindset for many GMs. First, if they are planning on making a relatively linear and rigid RPG with a pre-planned story, they should make sure that the story is a.) planned out from beginning to end (not in excruciating detail, but in terms of a skeleton), and b.) not overly elaborate. By which I mean that there should be a foreseeable conclusion. Not every RPG needs to be a 60+ hour console JRPG in collaborative fiction form.

Second, free-form RPGs like what Psychic suggested should be encouraged! I'm thinking of something in the spirit of a DnD campaign, but without the dice-rolling, number-crunching, book-consulting and so on; just the core idea of players adventuring in a strange and exciting game world, being presented with choices, making choices, and having the GM react accordingly. These RPGs would not have to represent a drop in quality; they would just be more improvisational, so there's no need to follow a chain of events to the letter and make sure that everything plays out as planned.

As for teaching newcomers the ropes, the idea of creating "beginner RPGs" expressly for this purpose has been tossed around a lot in the forum by many different members. I think it's a great idea if the GM/s can stick with it. But beyond these self-contained RPs, I think it would also be interesting to have a constantly-running loose RPG with a setting like an inn or a café as mentioned, where characters come and go. A place where everyone can try out their skills and have fun, but can drop out or back in as the need arises. In many other anime and video game-themed forums, the RP section tends to have something like this, although it is usually a "battle arena" or something along those lines.

Mind you, I could use to follow my own advice as well; I've GM'd several RPGs that died due to my lack of time and/or interest in its continuation, or for committing a series of plot structure-related blunders. I'm just making observations as someone who's spent a lot of time RPing here in the past.
    Last edited by NPC; 6th June 2011 at 5:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPC View Post
    1.) RPGs, even if great care and effort is put into the premise and sign-ups, tend to die somewhere between the 50 and 100-post mark, never reaching even a semblance of a satisfying conclusion.
    Seems to me like the main reality behind RPs is that they keep building and building in storyline, but never actually hit the climax and as a result, never actually conclude. One conflict keeps ultimately progressing up to another until everyone eventually gets tired of it and drops out without notice. In terms of plotline, they never get out of the rising action part. Even if you have a kind of "trigger event" where if something is or isn't done by such and such time and some kind of conclusion is reached, there will be people that will continue on the storyline anyway even where it was technically supposed to end.

Honestly, I have to blame the lack of allowance for characters to be killed/defeated for this. Having the plotline predetermined isn't the solution for wanting RPs to conclude in some way or form. No one wants to RP on the side that's "meant to lose," and the conflict can't end until one side actually does (I'll admit, having both sides ceasefire and shake hands is a possible ending, albeit not the most epically climatic one). The problem is RPers don't like to or won't easily admit defeat, don't want their characters killed, and as a result, you have pretty much one immortal pitted against another.

Quote Originally Posted by NPC View Post
    2.) Novices to RPing don't have many avenues through which they can learn the ropes. Yes, some are lazy and unwilling to compromise, but others are earnest in their desire to improve.
    I see it as an opportunity to learn by example. Yeah, you've got the problem where you'll have the "experts" padding their posts to look long and intimidating by being flushed with detail and description, and eventually they get so long and huge to the point where they just throw in the towel and don't continue. Meanwhile, you have the little guys that fall behind, get lost, and eventually give up. And then you have people who were waiting on people who have given up already keep waiting and waiting until they eventually give up themselves.

Now, this may seem a bit grim, but I think the only way to really get a RP to "conclude" is by the following means:

• Eventually, someone's going to have to die or be forced to give in with no chance of making a comeback. It's why sports games impose a time/duration limit, why boxing matches end when one boxer just can't endure anymore, and why battles end when one side has been beaten so badly that they're forced to surrender or they're fully eliminated. To do that, however, you need some kind of system or trigger moment that determines a loss from a win, a victory and a defeat. When that climax moment is hit, then you need someone to write the conclusion (likely the GM) and close the book.
    • People need to be open to letting their characters be killed/defeated. If they're not, the RP turns into an arena battle that can never possibly end and the only ones that can ever be defeated are the NPCs. People get too attached to their characters and refuse to let them go, even when they should and reality or the situation really calls for it.
    • The RPers have to agree on terms and trigger conditions that will end the RP, whether its during the RP itself (extremely difficult by the way), or stated clearly as soon as they sign up (MUCH easier). They need to be alert and aware that when these events happen or failed to happen at a determined, defining moment, they should be prepared for the RP to be ended, and the final conclusion be written. Meanwhile, said "defining moment" can't be too vague, either. Say you want to impose a condition where the world ends if something isn't done on time, well, you better instate when that happens, such as an actual, real date and time or a RP page number.

But the fact of the matter is that most people, like myself, really aren't bothered that much if an RP doesn't end. To me, I think it's more about character development and seeing how they react to a changing, dynamic storyline. But if you really want your RP to end and hit a conclusion, I'd strongly consider those three points.

If you want to see an RP that has these kinds of trigger conditions, check this one out. This one actually ended and DID have a conclusion because of a clear condition that determined a victory from a defeat:

Spoiler:- PMD2: The Planet's Paralysis RP:

suggestion to some of the rpg thread creators out there. Some of you guys should use RPG Maker VX or XP to make some of these, they are very good. and include the most avid rp'ers in the thread into the game.

Mew_ made this

I agree wholly to the beginners-RPG idea, but I think there should be four starter threads:
    -A Pokemon-based thread with absolutely no point to it, just trainers going about their business with no plotline to work on. This makes beginners have to latch onto another's storyline, which is a vital skill for being in an RPG, or begin a new storyline, which is a vital skill for a GM.
    -A non-Pokemon thread, with the same plotline idea as above.
    -A Pokemon-based thread, with a plotline. This would really force them to develop character building to a limit. Even more vital skills there.
    -And a non-Pokemon thread, like above.

Then veterans have to assess the efforts of a certain person after a week, and they get put on a thread if the veteran deems them good enough at RPGing to go onto the higher-tier threads, in the intermediate-veteran sections.

Any people who are in an RPG or have been in an RPG in the last three or four months have to post in this special acceptance thread to make sure their name is down before a date about 3 months later.

And intermediate people would be able to be veterans after running an RPG where at least 6 people say is of high-quality, or being recommended by a veteran because of their posting skill. Then they get put on another list, this time for veterans, to say that they're able to admit or disallow a person from the beginner's thread.

During a week of posting (after at least twice in the week), a veteran is called in to assess them. Once the person has managed to get 5 posts done (including from the first two), the veteran marks them out of 10 for:
    2 points - Grammar (1 for spelling, 1 for punctuation and general grammar)
    3 points - Creativity (2 for scenery, 1 for character emotions)
    3 points - Characters (1 for reactions about surroundings, 1 for appearance and 1 for reactions with players or NPCs)
    2 points - Character building, generally
    Or some marking method like that. If the beginner gets a 6, they can go to the higher threads. If they get 0-5, they get some instructions tips from the veteran. If they get 10, they are offered the chance to go straight to veteran.

---------------------------------

As for advertisement, maybe a banner for regular RPGers, to go in their sigs? That way, it's not breaking any forum rules, and helps get new RPGers.
    HG FC: 1376 9834 8959
    SSBB FC: 3523-8325-5151

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/vh422t.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Tokyo_Oranges

Pokemon White Team
    Serperior - Zebstrika - Reuniclus - Carracosta - Chandelure - Braviary

*Begins taking notes*

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
    Now, this may seem a bit grim, but I think the only way to really get a RP to "conclude" is by the following means:

Eventually, someone's going to have to die or be forced to give in with no chance of making a comeback. It's why sports games impose a time/duration limit, why boxing matches end when one boxer just can't endure anymore, and why battles end when one side has been beaten so badly that they're forced to surrender or they're fully eliminated. To do that, however, you need some kind of system or trigger moment that determines a loss from a win, a victory and a defeat. When that climax moment is hit, then you need someone to write the conclusion (likely the GM) and close the book.
    Well, there are several options for doing this. First, a character is WILLING to die off to move along the story or create a significant motivation, or to admit defeat. This rarely occurs because, and let's face it, posting so long with your character just to kill them off hurts. We could also enact a D&D like system where players can trigger traps and have HitPoints, but that results in losing some of the entire point- using words to tell a story between several people.

There's also the option of setting a situation where the players are forced to either sacrifice one of their own, or kill the entire party, thus, ending the adventure in failure. Sort of like a deathtrap. However, there's a good chance that NOBODY will do so, thus, stopping the post from occurring and bringing the RP to a halt.

People need to be open to letting their characters be killed/defeated. If they're not, the RP turns into an arena battle that can never possibly end and the only ones that can ever be defeated are the NPCs. People get too attached to their characters and refuse to let them go, even when they should and reality or the situation really calls for it.
    I'd like to call attention to my above counter-argument: It really hurts to lose a character you worked so hard on. We can't expect someone to just kill off their character in order to admit defeat. While I agree it would make things fair, it won't happen. And you can have an RP where only the NPCs die- usually the villain and his various minions- but only if all the characters are on the side of good.
    The RPers have to agree on terms and trigger conditions that will end the RP, whether its during the RP itself (extremely difficult by the way), or stated clearly as soon as they sign up (MUCH easier). They need to be alert and aware that when these events happen or failed to happen at a determined, defining moment, they should be prepared for the RP to be ended, and the final conclusion be written. Meanwhile, said "defining moment" can't be too vague, either. Say you want to impose a condition where the world ends if something isn't done on time, well, you better instate when that happens, such as an actual, real date and time or a RP page number.
    That's certainly an interesting idea, but if that's the case, it's like strapping a time bomb on the RP. Players will either hastily post in order to get as much adventuring done as possible, or make incredibly long posts to try and cram as much as they can in one post. I do like the idea of having certain events that can cause the RPG to end though. I think the closest thing we had to that was during Scourge of the Skies when the ship blew up and Captain Tempest was believed dead (although he got better, and the crew of PCs survived to later launch a counter-attack on the navy).

If there's going to be events that kill a player or end the RP, it falls in the hands of the GM to make the decision, not the players, because the players won't take that choice. You need to make it clear from the beginning that there will be a way to win, lose, and tie for each side, and that it WILL happen during the course of the RP.

This actually reminds me of my Turnabout Roleplayers RP, in which the players DID have influence on the outcome, but it sadly never occurred because of the long, drawn-out posts, and a loss of interest. It was entirely possible for the defendant to be declared Guilty or Innocent, depending on the arguments of the defense attorney and prosecution. Admittedly, I made it a little trickier, and perhaps even confusing because of all the classes (the game was based on Phoenix Wright, so there were Spirit Mediums and Forensic Scientists and everything...), so perhaps that was my own doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! I don't want your d*** lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to build me a combustible lemon to BURN LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!

Ahem. I'm a bit of an experienced RPer (meaning I've done it frequently, I'd probably fall into the aforementioned "Journeyman" class of RPer) and I've one idea bouncing around in my head for a reaaaally long time now that I just love.

It's sort of like this open world kind of deal. Players are given a brand new world, fresh off the presses of creation, and they can do whatever they want. Explore, found cities, start wars, discover things, etc, etc. Reading through this thread, I think this would make a good sort of Beginner/Casual RP. A sort of RP sanbox where you can do what you please.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone would be interested.

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

This is not an ideas thread, please post RPG Ideas in the RPG Cafe thread. This is for RPG Forum Ideas.

Ok, I've actually wondered for a few years (since I started RPing) why this doesn't exist, and it seems like this is a good time to post it.

WHY IS THERE NO COMPLETED RPGS FORUM?

The fanfics have one, to show good, completed fanfics to generations of future Fanfic writers how to write, and what you should do. It also has them so people can read them and remember everything. Well, why not the same for RPGs? They take MUCH more work to complete, because you need a few dedicated people working instead of just one. They rarely complete, although the ones that do are usually really good and well played. And if there is one, people will look at the good RPers and perhaps learn something from their posts! So why not have it?
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Well, here's the thing. To my knowledge there have been two completed RPGs (that I'm aware about). It's sort of silly to make a sub section that isn't going to be used very often. You've sort of already laid out your answer. RPGs do take much more work to complete and there's a lot of factors going into that, the most obvious being that it's a group activity which means that when one person leaves it could have a potentially crippling affect on the RPG itself. It's a lot more practical and used for fanfics because they get completed a lot more. Also this idea has probably been suggested enough times and the answer has always been no.

Star-Lord

Could I make a suggestion? A nice little points system. Each completed RP will be rated (by a mod or RPing "veteran"). Each person will then be rated individually and whatever their score is, that is the number of points they get. I'm still trying to think of the benefits you'd get to be high-level RPer. Maybe it could help with Kamotz' problem about Newbies. You would need more points to enter RPs that would be designated "complicated".

It would give Newbies the ability to slowly improve their RPing skills.

Just a thought.

By the way, this idea stems from an RPing forum on Gts+ forums. It's on a similar plane to Fizzy Bubbles, I do believe. Each person has their trainer and you level up your Pokemon using your mark. I thought a similar system here might help.

in other forums you aren't a mod... SO A MOD OF ONE FORUM IS A NORMAL MEMBER IN ALL THE OTHERS! XD!
    (i know that doesn't mean you can be nice to them when they are in the forum they are a mod in but be an a** to them in all the others (I KNOW THAT BECAUSE I'M NOT A STUPID IDIOT *****! ))

You know what I think would be a good idea is to have a "Completed RPGs" section. Basically when a RPG reaches it's end (I mean it doesn't die out but actually finish), the owner of the RPG can ask a mod to close thier RPG and lock it in the Completed RPGs section. I can see two very beneficial things from this:

1. If the owner makes a sequel or a related RPG, having this would make finding the older RPG much easier, if necessary.

2. It'd be a great place to look at older RPGs and use some ideas to make your own RPG. Of course, as long as it isn't blatant plagerism.

It also will also probably never get cluttered, since most RPGs don't actually make it to the end.
    So, what do you guys think?

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    You know what I think would be a good idea is to have a "Completed RPGs" section. Basically when a RPG reaches it's end (I mean it doesn't die out but actually finish), the owner of the RPG can ask a mod to close thier RPG and lock it in the Completed RPGs section. I can see two very beneficial things from this:

1. If the owner makes a sequel or a related RPG, having this would make finding the older RPG much easier, if necessary.

2. It'd be a great place to look at older RPGs and use some ideas to make your own RPG. Of course, as long as it isn't blatant plagerism.

It also will also probably never get cluttered, since most RPGs don't actually make it to the end.
    So, what do you guys think?
    I think that's a good idea. It's helpful for the role plays that do finish, and it can give someone a good story to be read when they're boredd.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

How about this: Team Plasma has achieved their goal, and common, ordinary people are no longer allowed to train Pokemon. The government itself controls all the tamed Pokemon. Then the Pokemon Rangers use wild Pokemon to overthrow Plasma. It's a light summary, but we can go more in-depth if anyone wants to do it.
    It's a-me! LoneTraveller is making a comeback!
    I really want a 3DS for Christmas so I can play Y version!

Other things on my wishlist:
        Spoiler:- ---{:

How about a RP mod creates a batch of short-term, easy-functionality RP ideas, and a lottery via random number generator is used to determine which veteran sets up the bones and which noobs play and/or participate in the RP(s)?

I was inspired by the charter school entrance system. This way, everybody new gets in a easy RP, and a veteran helps teach them the methodology of the system in a random, unbiased setup!
    MUCHA HAWLUCHA, YEAH!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12