Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The B/W Scramble Challenge Thread

Default The B/W Scramble Challenge Thread

(Is it a little too early for this?)

A new generation means a new scramble challenge thread! So without further a-do...

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline (usually until the credits) with a team of six Pokemon assembled by random people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself. The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

New: Apparently, some players are requesting Elite Four Scramble Runs. This is a great idea for those who have already completed the game and do not wish to start a new one for any reason. Don't be afraid to try it!

Example Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger
    Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Black playthrough. My team is:
    - Samurott, must know Razor Shell
    - Fraxure, must solo Brycen's Gym to evolve
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy
    @ Challenger, take a Swanna. It cannot learn Surf or Waterfall.
    Scramble Challenge Rules:

- Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
    - You may create your own set of restrictions concerning gameplay, but mention those as well.
    - Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
    - Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon.
    - Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over, feel free.
    - Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
    - Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Lillipup that may not evolve at all, ect.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
    - Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
    - Enjoy! It's a game, after all!
    Last edited by Monochromatic; 28th March 2011 at 9:34 PM.

Meh, I'm down. Hook me up with a Black scramble. I'll be using it for after my next game. (So the game after the game I start next.)
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I challenge you to beat the game without using super effective attacks against gym leaders or the Elite Four.

Does it sound like a good challenge?

Use a Sigilyph that can only learn Synchronise. You may teach it other moves, but not use them in battle, such as Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Excadrill View Post
    I challenge you to beat the game without using super effective attacks against gym leaders or the Elite Four.

This thread is for the Scramble Challenge only. You may either request team members, or provide them. That was neither...

@ Charoshi: Take a Mienfoo/Mienshao. Its only Fighting moves may be Rock Smash, Reversal, Focus Blast, and Detect.
    Last edited by Monochromatic; 14th March 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Alrighty. Sigilyph get's 2 games in a row.
    And Excadrill, that's not really how they work. Although, you could give me a pokemon and not let me use it's super effective attacks against gym leaders.

-Sigilyph with Synchronise only for battles (I've got a headache from this one already xD)
    SoulSilver BQ

I love my current game too much to try something like this....but maybe if I ever get Black I'll give it a shot.

I'll happily give a suggestion to a team though.

Quote Originally Posted by Excadrill View Post

It sounds like a completely separate challenge! Anyway, I'm definitely going to give this a go at some point - I'm planning to try a Nuzlocke first, then I'll give this a go

Charoshi: Choose any fire type. It cannot battle until it learns a ground type move (both offensive and status moves count).

@Charoshi Take a Snivy that can't evolve before it learns Coil. It can only have Grass and Poison moves.

Sponge - Use whichever Monkey comes with your starter. Evolve it once it learns acrobatics.

Alright, 3 more.

-Sigilyph - Synchronise only for battles
    -Mienshao - Rock smash, Reversal, Focus Blast, Detect as fighting moves only
    -Fire Type - Can't battle until it learns ground type move (Thank you for what will likely be Damanitan)
    -Snivy - Can't evolve until it learns coil
    -
    -
    SoulSilver BQ

Charoshi, take a Trubbish. It may only evolve after it can solo Clay.

-Fire Type - Can't battle until it learns ground type move (Thank you for what will likely be Damanitan)
    -Trubbish - Evolve after soloing Clay (-.-)
    -
    SoulSilver BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Sponge - Use whichever Monkey comes with your starter. Evolve it once it learns acrobatics.
    -
    I'm not doing the challenge.

I was just commenting because I liked the idea but I'm still playing my post game and I don't really like restarting. (I hog long save files)

Hahaha, I thought you said you'd take suggestions for a team if you ever chose to, so I gave you one xD
    I'm the same way. I have a main game, and the others are the one's I do all these fun challenges on.
    Anyway, One more folks

-Fire Type - Can't battle until it learns ground type move
    -Trubbish - Evolve after soloing Clay
    -
    SoulSilver BQ

Charosi, take a Krookodile, it must know Foul Play. Catch it as a Sandile but don't evolve it till it's level 35. Krokorok can only evolve if it solos Brycen.

Do we have to actually give you the pokemon in a trade?

Anyway:

@ Charoshi take a Basculin. It must learn the moves: Chip Away,Soak, Aqua Tail, Bite.

Did I do that right? :S

Edit: Too late -_- I guess I'll just repeat my post when the next person comes along. (I was thinking maybe adding another condition that it has to be the basculin uncommon to your game....but I'm not sure if you can get the uncommon one until after you get the fishing rod...
    Last edited by Sponge; 14th March 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Do we have to actually give you the pokemon in a trade?
    No, you don't have to provide the Pokemon for them.

In fact, trading is usually prohibited in Scramble Challenges. This isn't set in stone though; if you're the challenger, and you'd like to trade, then go ahead. It's actually really casual.

Trade is O.K for evolution and for getting version-exclusives, though.

-Fire Type - Can't battle until it learns ground type move
    -Trubbish - Evolve after soloing Clay
    -Krookodile - Catch as Sandile, evolve at 35, evolve after after soloing Brycen

Not as bad as I thought it would be. That'll be a semi-poor team as apposed to some of the down right awful scramble teams I've had. xD
    Oh well, such is the field I suppose. Cheers folks, and will be starting this one at some point.
    SoulSilver BQ

I'll do a black scramble. Go as crazy as you want with the restrictions though no shiny restrictions and will not accept IV restrictions. I can breed any legal egg move combinations on my white game to trade over.

magikot, take a Cottonee, it may evolve into Whimsicott if it can defeat five wild Cryogonal without using STAB moves. It must know Swithceroo and Endeavor.

Magikot - take a Woobat that has to evolve before Burgh's gym or it can't evolve at all
    SoulSilver BQ

@ magikot take a Basculin. It must know the moves Aqua Tail, Bite, Soak, Mud Shot (egg move) It must also be the basculin that is uncommon to your game. (In your case the blue one)

I hope I did that right? If not I can change my suggesion a bit.

Magikot, take a Yamask. It can only evolve after a battle in which your entire team has their ability changed to Mummy (I.e. let them hit Yamask to take on Mummy, then spread it through your entire team of 6 by hitting it).

Hopefully that's a somewhat original idea

~Cottone - Switcheroo and Endeavor. Evolves to Whimsicott after defeating 5 wild Cryogonal without using STAB moves. (Does this restriction include grass type support moves like Leech Seed?)

~ Woobat - Evolves to Swoobat before fighting Burgh or it can't evolve at all.

~Basculin - Blue version. Aqua Tail, Bite, Mud Shot, Soak

~Yamask - Evolves to Confragigus after spreading mummy to whole team in a battle.

2 more!!

@Magikot, Take an Audino, it may not learn any moves that have higher than base 70 att. Moves that have -- power like grass knot are allowed. Must catch it before entering Nimbasa city. ~ No waiting to get a level 30 one later in game.

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast