It has long been a goal of mine to complete a Monotype of every type in a certain generation, but I have never finished. I think BW finally offers an experience I will enjoy enough to finish. That being said, i'd love to start another thread of these as posting my journey is half the fun.
1. The Pokemon may be double-typed, e.g. Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.
2. All the Pokemon must be based around one type. Here's an example of a fire type team:
3. Ubers may be used but keep in mind this is supposed to be a challenge. A team with both Volcarona and Reshiram wouldn't offer much of a challenge.
4. Your challenge ends upon beating Team plasma, but you are encouraged to go further.
5. You may not have two of the same pokemon or two in the same evolution line (e.g Emboar+Pignite)
6. If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one pokemon of your chosen type.
7. The pokemon may learn moves through TMs.
8. You may have pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves, NOT to be used in battle.
9. If your type is something that is not present at the beginning, you may trade something over, but once again this is supposed to be a challenge. Please do not teach the traded Pokemon additional moves or attach items prior to being traded.
10. Have fun!!!
PS. I will be doing Ground on my black. And Water on my White. Enjoy.