Thread: Most Epic Battle/Catch

Default Most Epic Battle/Catch

With third generation way behind us I wanted to hear some people's epic fight stories back in the day. So post your most epic battle or legendary catch here.

Here's my story:

After a historically easy beatdown of the Elite Four, I was on a roll. My team consisted of and . It was not my first Emerald playthrough, and I had trained a Manectric for the sole reason of defeating Wallace. Also, it was the coolest looking electric pokemon. So I began the battle with Wallace, expecting an easy victory. Manectric easily smited Wallace's Wailord with a Thunderbolt. A second Thunderbolt cooked Wallace's Gyarados. Wallace's Whiscash then faced my Crobat, a battle easily won by a critical hit from Fly. However the intensity of the battle skyrocketed when Manectric was pitted against Tentacruel. Tentacruel absorbed a Thunderbolt and countered with toxic. Manectric was easily healed with a Pecha Berry only to be sent reeling by Tentacruel's Surf. Rather than risk Manectric, I switched to Sharpedo. Immediately Sharpedo was hit with a punishing Sludge Bomb. As I juggled the tasks of healing and sneaking in a rather weak Crunch, Tentacruel's sludge Bombs had poisoned Sharpedo. Sharpedo sacrificed his last turn to heal Manectric to full health. Zangoose swooped in and finished Tentacruel with a powerful Crush Claw. Wallace then sent out Ludicolo, one ugly piece of work. Zangoose got in one Crush Claw as Ludicolo was Rain Dancing. Then the annoyance began. Rain Dish kicked in and Ludicolo like the cheap douche he is began double teaming like crazy. The separation between the times Zangoose hit became longer and longer and Ludicolo soon swept him away with a Surf. Crobat's Wing Attacks helped little, the damage from the times they hit were washed away by Ludicolo's Rain Dish ability. But as Crobat fell Ludicolo's health bar was at yellow, primed to be talked. Problem was his evasiveness, which was at dangerously high level of annoyance. And so a cycle of Sky Uppercut missing and then max potion healing began when I sent out Blaziken. At that point Wallace must have missed a step for if he had done a Rain Dance, the battle probably would have ended with Ludicolo sweeping the rest of my team. But no, Ludicolo kept on Surfing away. Suddenly Blaziken's Sky Uppercut hit and knocked out the stupid fur-covered mexican duck. Now the final battle was at hand. Wallace's Milotic vs. Manectric. Manectric struck again and again with Thunderbolt only to be healed away by Milotic's recover. With Manectric at low health I sacrificed Blaziken and Aggron to heal its health and PP. Now it was one on one. Manectric struck away at Milotic's fat health bar, but every hit was recoverable. Finally it was down to one single Thunderbolt, Milotic too had run out of recovers but was at full health. Manectric was at red health and Milotic had full health. Only a miracle could save this championship team. I watched slowly as Manectric's final attack hit. A Critical Hit! yes, Yes, YES. I literally began punching the air with joy as Milotic's health bar zeroed out. I had won against all odds. I was champion.

And that's the most epic pokemon battle I ever fought. Looking forward to hearing your stories.
    Completed Challenges:
    Nuzlocke Emerald, Nuzlocke Sapphire, Nuzlocke Ruby, Nuzlocke Gold, Nuzlocke Leafgreen, Nuzlocke Silver, Nuzlocke Crystal, Nuzlocke Red, Nuzlocke Fire Red, Nuzlocke Blue, Nuzlocke Yellow, Nuzlocke Scorched Earth, Nuzlocke Emerald 386, Nuzlocke Platinum, Water Monotype Sapphire, Ground Monotype Ruby,
    Bug Monotype Blue, Poison Monotype Leafgreen, Fightning Monotype Ruby, Nidoking Solo Leafgreen, Dragon Monotype Ruby,

Currently playing
    Pokemon Light Platinum
    Pokemon Diamond

Favorite Challenge Team: Nuzlocke Yellow

^^ Teach Shock Wave to Manectric...never misses.

Anyway, here goes:
    Firered, championship battle. Charizard and Zapdos were my only good Pokemon, with the rest being low-level Onix and Pidgeotto etc. Much fighting later, it's down to Gary's Blastoise against my Charizard. Blastoise takes him down with one hit, I believe, it was so long ago. Full health, I send out my Zapdos at half health. I take a turn to heal, only to be sent back down. Again, I healed, and he used Rain Dance or something like that. My only chance, I use Shock Wave and send him to 1/3 health, mine at 1/2. I didn't know about Speed or any of that, so I hoped against hope that my next attack would kill him. I outsped him, Shock Waved him, and won the match! Happy day for me, it was the first Pokemon game I had ever beaten! It took me exactly 2 weeks of real-time for me to accomplish what I hads accomplished. Let me tell you, I was over-joyed.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Well there was the time in emerald, when my rayquaza was confused and on red, the champion went before me, missed and I accidentally hit fly! Bad move when confused! Luckily rayquaza didn't Hurt itself and won!

Epic capture... There was the time I tried to catch rayquaza ( rayquaza is best! ). Got it to low health, then it used rest, and I, not thinking what I was doing,threw an ultra ball and caught it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreni333 View Post
    I didn't mean to throw the puppy in the woodchipper!

My most epic battle was also with Wallace on Emerald. I think my team was Sceptile, Swampert, Blaziken, Camerupt, Milotic, and Flygon. Most of his Pokemon weren't that difficult, going down surprisingly easily. Ludicolo was a major pain because all it liked to do was spam Double Team over and over again. But it was Gyarados, his last Pokemon, that REALLY gave me trouble. Since none of my Pokemon knew electric attacks, I was in for a really long, tough fight with it. I would keep hitting it with my Pokemon's strongest moves, but every time I got it into the red, Wallace used a Full Restore. I think he used all of them on this Gyarados. To make matters even worse, Gyarados did an enormous amount of damage to my Pokemon. I was having to constantly revive and heal my Pokemon. Eventually, I was down to just Swampert. I was tired of using Revives, so I decided to just attack and pray for the best. Gyarados attacked, and then Swampert was down to red hp. Swampert then used Ice Beam IIRC, my last hope...and it critical hit! Gyarados finally fainted, and I won! ^______^

What's really funny is that afterwards, my level 50 something Blaziken was able to OHKO Steven's lv. 78 Metagross.

My most epic capture in the third generation was Kyogre on Sapphire. I caught it with only my second Ultra Ball. It was the first time I had ever caught a legendary without using 50+ balls.

Zapdos on FireRed. Caught it with my LAST Ultra Ball.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

had to be sapphire or emerald but i snagged rayquaza with a dive ball i was befuddled
    Pokemon for team-----

My most epic battle in Generation 3? Well, there are two in my case. The first was my battle against Steven, the Champion of the Hoenn Pokemon League. It must've been our tenth battle but during that battle, things were going bad for me. I had to put all of my faith into my Pokemon and I got really into things. It was just a very intense battle and it seemed like something you'd see in the anime. My second most epic battle happened in LeafGreen version. I was battling against my rival at the Pokemon League for the second time, and it all came down to just two Pokemon: His Charizard and my Venusaur. It was the toughest battle I've ever fought in either LeafGreen or FireRed, and I'll always cherish that memory.

How was his Venusaur tough Kira? DI it know sleep powder or something?
    Completed Challenges:
    Nuzlocke Emerald, Nuzlocke Sapphire, Nuzlocke Ruby, Nuzlocke Gold, Nuzlocke Leafgreen, Nuzlocke Silver, Nuzlocke Crystal, Nuzlocke Red, Nuzlocke Fire Red, Nuzlocke Blue, Nuzlocke Yellow, Nuzlocke Scorched Earth, Nuzlocke Emerald 386, Nuzlocke Platinum, Water Monotype Sapphire, Ground Monotype Ruby,
    Bug Monotype Blue, Poison Monotype Leafgreen, Fightning Monotype Ruby, Nidoking Solo Leafgreen, Dragon Monotype Ruby,

Currently playing
    Pokemon Light Platinum
    Pokemon Diamond

Favorite Challenge Team: Nuzlocke Yellow

My most epic battle would definitely have too be when I recently (and narrowlu) beat Spenser for my fifth silversymbol. I managed to kill Crobat with Raikou, then I got some hax with a critical hit dragon claw on Slaking. Then, his Lapras beat my Starmie and Salamence, and it got down to one-on-one, just like Ash's gym batles. Thankfully, Lapras's Horn Drill missed Raikou and I won with a final thunderbolt. I was nervbvous that I would lose,because I hat having to rebattle Brains. This battle was so tense because it got right down to the wire. Which made it one of the most epic battles I had ever done.

Most epic battle should have been something in the Battle Frontier in Emerald. Cannot pick an individual battle but I guess an honorable mention goes to the situations in which I got haxed but still managed to win, or the hardest battles against the Frontier Brains.
    Not sure about most epic catch though, might have been when I helped a friend on his Ruby and managed to catch Groudon in the last ball he had, which was a Timer Ball.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Fire red : battle - e4 , catch - mewtwo
    Emerald : battle - e4 , catch - rayquazza
    Hello im frenky
    favourite games : Emerald , Fire red
    favourite pokemon : ALL
    i play pokemon games on PSP (psp GBA emulator) and im fan of anime, sorry for my bad english

Most epic battle would have to be in emerald when i was at the elite4 and i was using a Raquaza and he had like 10 hp left and was confused and i was trying to beat the champion so I decided to heal him and realized i had no healing stuff so i had to use my
    attacks which one was fly which i used against it my oppents pokemon had 1 hp left and then mine had 3hp so i was hoping that he wouldn't be confused anymore sadly he still was but i had defeated him with an epic Fly and that is my epic story
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

In Ruby:
    (After years of playing Pokemon Ruby I was stuck on the Maxy boss battle)
    I was on a 10 hour plane ride playing Ruby and then I beat Maxy then caught Groudon.
    <-- My 4th Generation Trade Shop