Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Do You use HM slaves?

I normally do but they aren't always in my party.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

I don't use them in my main party, i just have them in the PC and i take them out when i need them.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Nope. 1 flyer and 1 surfer.
    If i DO need to cut a tree or smash a rock, ill give on of the box pokemon a new purpose in life then box them again. I feel kind of bad when I dont take them out for at least just one battle but then i do cuz of OCD. :7

In the old games, I had proper HM slaves. For some reason I clearly remember my HM team in RSE:
    Tropius - Sweet Scent, Fly, Rock Smash, Strength
    Crawdaunt - Cut, Surf, Waterfall, Dive - With Hyper Cutter to cut the grass sometimes.
    Shedinja - Swords Dance, False Swipe, Dig, Flash - Helps in completing pokedex a bit.
    In DPPt, Bibarel was definitely used. While in HG/SS, I think Golduck was very useful too.

Didn't really use them in gen 1-3.
    But after gen 4 increased the number of field moves which are required to advance in the story, they became really important.
    But I still try to use them on my main team, at least for a while.
    Latest shiny: 2300 eggs and 600+ FS encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™
    Flash Fire Typhlosion is garbage.

I do not. find it easier to go and have many pokémon to do what you want, but only one with everything, that's no fun!
    PROUD BROTHER OF mjuior3 AND LOVING IT!!!

I occasionally use them. I usually just take them out when I need them most but I sometimes have them in my party.

I always carry a user of fly, however. It makes it so much easier to travel and I don't have to walk everywhere which would take much more time.

Most of the time. Never with the first play through though.
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

I'm guilty of using HM slaves definitely. Depending on my party I always try to incorporate the HM moves to my Pokemon if I feel they'll be useful for battling... Otherwise it's just keeping that one Pokemon that knows HM moves in my party to get what I want done xD

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

HMs are kind of sad. My opinion is that each Pokémon has Field Moves that function like HMs at the moment, for example, Gyarados can go across lakes without having to learn Surf, or Pidgeot can fly between towns without learning Fly. HMs could be turned into TMs which could be removed by normal moves. But hey, Game Freak probably won't do this.

Rest in peace, Bibarel.
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

Of course I use HM slaves. With how useless most HMs are in battle, I don't see the point in not having one.

In my Yellow and Crystal game, I didn't used one. But nowadays, it's a must have.

yes. I fell bad for the poor bibarel but hey! HM'S are a pain to forget and I don't want to polute my pokemon team with them. Usually I only use surf on one of them in competitive.

Ampharos was my HM slave for S/S, 3 of its attacks were for HM
    I have claimed

Yep, though they tend to be whatever I pick up when I need one. I never have a surf slave, though, seeing as I always have a water-time on my team that can use it well in battle.

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

I used to but nowadays I use all my party so almost all my pokemon in my story party have at least one hms since it hard to have a good hm slave that can fight well in battle
    Why can't I be Free?

I normally always keep an HM slave in my party, and I try to have an pokemon that can have 3 to 4 HM moves. I typically teach Cut, strength, and Surf/flying, and an 4th HM/TM move depending on which obstacle I'll likely face the most, such as whirlpool, waterfall, Flash, dive, etc. But as soon as I make into an city or when I can go thru somewhere that does not require these moves, I leave my slave in PC XP

When it comes to field moves, Strength, surf and fly are the moves that I tend to use the most. As of Gen 5, however, surf is the sole move I use reliably on my main team. :P
        Spoiler:- FC and Friend Safari:

I like solo, double, triple and multiplayer battles~

I've got a Kangaskhan I use as the main HM-slave, Strength, Cut, Rock Smash and Surf for when there's that moment when I don't have a Surfer in my team.

A Swellow gets the honor of being a fly slave.. He flies high, he swellow...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Yeah...? I used to have my team Pokemon learn all the HMs (good Crystal times). Then I started using them in the 4th Gen. Back then I still use a 6-Pokemon team so I kept having to switch Pokemon between journeys. Then I started crafting teams with 5 members so I can carry one Pokemon with the "necessary" HMs.

Then I just use 4 Pokemon and try to find 2 Pokemon who can learn all HMs between them. Not particularly hard for RSE/DPPt. For FRLG, I have mostly a Flier and another one with Cut and Strength plus Rock Smash.

I've only ever had one, and it was only because I transfered my Pokémon to Black 2 so I had to get new ones for Diamond.
    Credit to Astral Shadow

Are you a fellow Fossil Fighter? Wish you knew others like you? Try our forum! I'm sure there are other Fossil Fighter fans in it.
    "I'm just a believer
    That things will get better
    Some can take it or leave it
    But I don't wanna let it go!"
    - Believer by American Authors

Mew is a good HM slave. Give it Strenght, Fly, Cut, Surf.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaaan View Post
    Mew is a good HM slave. Give it Strenght, Fly, Cut, Surf.
    I think you have just wasted on Mew. Although it can learn all TM/ HM, but for me I would make use of the Legendary Pokemon to use awesome attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    I think you have just wasted on Mew. Although it can learn all TM/ HM, but for me I would make use of the Legendary Pokemon to use awesome attacks.
    If you use a Gameshark code, you could get all the legendary Pokemon you want. I can make a Blastoise with Flamethrower/Fly/Earthquake/Wrap and infinite HP. And you can walk through walls with the right codes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaaan View Post
    If you use a Gameshark code, you could get all the legendary Pokemon you want. I can make a Blastoise with Flamethrower/Fly/Earthquake/Wrap and infinite HP. And you can walk through walls with the right codes.
    That is some sort of cheating which I do not encourage since it destroy the spirit of the game. It takes no difficulty to get a Pokémon this way.

Back on topic I do use HM slaves but they are simply Poppo/ Koratta which are common and easy to catch. Moreover it saves the slot for my main Pokémon to use another move.

if the Hm is powerful like surf or fly i'll teach it to a Pokemon on my team. if it's weak I'll give it to an Hm slave

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast