Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You use HM slaves?

In Diamond and Platinum, I used both Bibarel and Floatzel as HM slaves, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    Isn't HM slavery the purpose of the early normal rodents (and dogs...) anyway?

I always use the early normal rodent as my HM slave, but I gotta say that Bibarel is the best HM slave around...
    You are probably right. The rodents are useful in battle except for Bibarel. But they can weild most HMs. For instance, Zigzagoon can use Surf, Whirlpool, Strength, Rock Smash, and Cut.
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

For me it's bibarel or geodude

Admittedly yes, but I prefer not to think of them as slaves.

I feel compelled to carry an all-HM-moves Bibarel with me in the Sinnoh games. It's just really convenient that Bibarel can use so many HM moves.

I now add Azumarill to my HM slave list, because I am using it for this in Pt. Sorry Azumarill!
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

I generally spread my HMs evenly between my in-game teams, and get rid of the ones I don't think I'll need (like Flash, Defog, Whirlpool, Dive, etc.) I may keep a weak pokemon to use a certain HM move or moves in the mean time until I get a pokemon for that attack (like I have a marill on emerald right now to use surf until I can get a spheal), but other than that, no. Though I think they'd be admittedly useful, I refrain from using them because I like having a 6 pokemon team, not a 5 pokemon and one lame-HMs-only pokemon team.

Yes, I try to keep Fly and Surf on pokemon I care about raising...all other necessary HMs to get through the game with are pretty terrible in battle and so I give them to an HM slave. I find only raising 5 pokemon, as long as they are of good types, is perfectly fine to complete the main quest with. Normally I replace the HM slave after that though...
    SoulSilver FC: 0562 2957 9153
    Hey all, glad to be here! While I don't battle professionally or anything, I wouldn't mind trading or battling for fun with anyone.

I usually like to keep a flyer on me but otherwise no.

No, I gave stuff like Surf and Fly to pokés on my team, but apart from that I didn't keep a certain poké just to be a HM slave.

just Feraligatr for Surf and Waterfall
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Ursaring with Strength, Cut, Rock Smash and Rock Climb.

Poliwhirl with Surf, Strength, Whirlpool and Waterfall

Surf and Fly are useful enough for regular team members, so I always have a flier (Dragonite) and a Surfer (Lapras) on my team.
    Pokemon Y
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 213 | Time: 20:19

Pokemon X
    Kalos Gym Badges: 8 | Elite Four Wins: 1 | Pokedex: 208 | Time: 14:51

3DS Friend Code - 3024 - 6764 - 1919
    Friend Safari: Bug - Ledyba, Volbeat, Pinsir

I always use one pokemon as an HM slave unless it can't learn it
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/b3r2j5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bugwarrior View Post
    : THAT'S IT! *turns to Milo* I DON'T WANT YOUR BALLS MILO!
    : o.o
    wifiguest3216: battle plz, no nasty plot, or sword dance, or dragon dance, and u HAVE TO LET me set up bellyzard, and no taunt, or heracross, and NO WEAVILE, and no substitute unless I have it. And dont use that many attacks and NO ROAR or WHIRLWIND. AND IF IM GOING TO LOSE, then quit the fight.
    Back early!

Guilty, yes i do.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

Why else did they make Bibarel?

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I like to call them HM Bitches, but no I do not because I just teach my party members. No big deal, I usually have slots that i don't need for my Pokemon.

2000th post!

I always do because otherwise how would I get somewhere? Surfing on my starter Pokemon is a classic.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

I spread my HM's around to my Pokemon, it seems to work easier for me than having a Pokemon who almost does the whole thing themselves, cause usually those Pokemon are the ones I don't want in my party~
    Current Quest on Pokemon Black: Breeding and training 90+ of my favorite Pokemon, Currently Training:

~Credits to Northern Lights for Badge~

Pinsir is my friend in caves. Don't remember off the top of my head, but it has Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Cut.

One of my biggest pet peeves in the Pokemon series is the need for HNM moves. To reach some key points in the game (like, I don't know, fighting Red), you need to teach your Pokemon moves that are inferior or otherwhys carry a Pokemon around that wastes one of your precious 6 spaces.

My Steelix is a great slave. He knows strength, rock smash, rock climb, and some other HM. The weird part is that his happiness level towards me is maximum! XD

My Steelix is a great slave. He knows strength, rock smash, rock climb, and some other HM. The weird part is that his happiness level towards me is maximum! XD
    He's one of those "those" types of slaves.

Kind of. I have Pokémon that exist only for using HMs, but I keep them in the PC unless I need the HMs for something. The exception is my Flying Staravia. I keep that in my team all the time.

I don't remember what all my HM slaves are, but I know I have a Mantine for Surf and Waterfall and a Rampardos for Strength and Rock Climb.

Well at least i'm putting that one dudes' Basculin 2 good use.

I have one for like cut, rock smash, waterfall, and maybe strength....
    but ones like surf and fly I use in my party.

EDIT: 100 posts! woo!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMage23 View Post
    The n00b isn't the one who uses Magikarp, the n00b is the one who loses to Magikarp.
    True dat.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ojr0wi.gif[/IMG]
    Monkey Rainbow!

White FC:-

3052 8125 4211 - Josh

Tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
    I got out of bed at all.
    Morning rainclouds up my window, and I can't see at all.
    And even if I could it would all be grey, but your picture on my wall
    It reminds me that it's not so bad, not so bad...

i spread my hms throughout my pokemon. i use ones that are actually ok like strength on my best pokemon.
    Signature removed due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

i've always hated HMs, since most of them aren't useful or necessary in the field after a couple of occasions, but all, up until white at least, are necessary at least once, and the pokemans who can learn loads of them are usually bland ones, like bibarel in diamond...

i'm fond of what they did in black and white though, reducing them to 6 - and i've gotten all my gym badges and am training for the elite 4 now, and i've only been given 4 of them so far, and only needed 3 to progress the game as well! and what's more, you can load them all onto just 2 pokemans, if you pick the right ones...

oshawott and dewott learn 4 and the final evolution samurott can learn 5 of the 6, which is awesome, and ducklett and its evolution swanna can learn 3, including the only one samurott can't learn, fly, and both samurott and swanna are cool and likeable, so for me there is finally no issue with HMs forcing your travelling party to be full of pokes you aren't that keen on, happy dayz

in diamond, i'm using bibarel for waterfall, strength and rock climb, drifblim for fly, defog and cut (? how does it cut? weird and wonderful) and the awesome azumarill has rock smash and surf.

in gold, they were spread out, my furret, the only poke i've ever gotten to level 100, had cut, as far as i remember, meganium had flash, the red gyarados had surf, whirlpool and waterfall, and pidgeotto had fly, i think onyx had strength and rock smash or rock climb, it's been a while.

annoying stuff, but they're going in the right direction with these moves i think

edit - forgot to add that some of the HMs are actually really good moves anyway; surf hits everyone but it's so powerful and cool to watch, and fly takes 2 turns but you're out of range to almost any attack on the first one and it's also really powerful; strength isn't too bad either; only cut is a bit flaccid a move.
    Last edited by willsgb; 25th April 2011 at 2:30 PM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast