Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Gen V]Arceus CAN be offered on the GTS now?

Default [Gen V]Arceus CAN be offered on the GTS now?

I am really not sure if it goes in this topic, but yea... you know Arceus, right? Well... you know how when you try to search for Arceus in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, & Soul Silver on the GTS and it says "None were found!"? Well... in Gen 5's GTS, that's changed.

Pokeshift a Arceus from your Gen 4 games to get it's Dex entry on Gen 5, then search for one on Gen 5's GTS, and... well, you'll be surprised.

Normally you can't get a Arceus unless it's from events and such, but then if it was from a event, you can't trade it over the GTS due to it's Classic Ribbon and whatnot.

For those that don't know, Arceus can be found in Hall of Origin at Lv. 80 in the wild in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, but to get there you need to go to Spear Pillar with a Azure Flute, which Nintendo didn't release, yet...?

Unless... maybe Arceus could be caught legally soon? Or maybe they forgot disallow Arceus to be trade over Gen 5's GTS? I mean if it's disabled in Gen 4's GTS, then why is it allowed in Gen 5's GTS?

Again, I am not sure if this is the right place to put it, but I figure I should mention this and see what you all say.
    Nothing see here, however... if you want to do a few Wi-Fi Battle Frontier rounds on Platinum, Heartgold or Soul Silver, feel free to PM me about it.

*For those that don't know, on the Wi-Fi Battle Frontier, you get more BP this way, and I currently need BP to buy the Power Items, TMs or teach some new moves from the Move Tutors.*

Wait, the Arceus event has never actually been held, right? So then, every Arceus you find on GTS is hacked, and because they don't have Classic Ribbons (unless you hack them on your Arceus, but why would you), they can be traded.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Odd enough on many occasions I have been on the GTS and I haven't seen one Arceus not even a hacked one. However I doubt that an Arceus will be able to be offered now.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Petal View Post
    Wait, the Arceus event has never actually been held, right?
    Actually, there was an Arceus event. It was far back, though.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    So it isn't impossible? I should get me Wi-Fi.

Why bother, all the Arceus there will be hacked. I dont see why they allowed it unless they are planning on releasing the Azure Flute which it seems a bit late for since Gen 4 is over, it makes no sense that they'd release it now. It unlocks nothing in Gen 5, however there was an Arceus released through the Dream World in Japan for an event. I know because I have one on my Japanese Black. Its Lv 100 and has no ribbon attatched. So i'll bet those can go on the GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    It unlocks nothing in Gen 5, however there was an Arceus released through the Dream World in Japan for an event. I know because I have one on my Japanese Black. Its Lv 100 and has no ribbon attatched. So i'll bet those can go on the GTS
    Was it lvl. 100 when you got it?
    Last edited by pupintheturd; 15th March 2011 at 9:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    It unlocks nothing in Gen 5, however there was an Arceus released through the Dream World in Japan for an event. I know because I have one on my Japanese Black. Its Lv 100 and has no ribbon attatched. So i'll bet those can go on the GTS
    Maybe that could be it, as I think all of the Lv. 100 Arceus were in Japanese. (At least, the ones I seen so far.)

Even though I had no idea there was a Japanese Event for Arceus.

Wait... if they can restrict certain Arceus, why can't they do this for Jirachis/Celebis? -_- *Off-Topic question, but yea, I'm looking at YOU, Mining Museum/Non-event Jirachis.*
    Last edited by Invaild Name; 15th March 2011 at 8:55 PM.
    Nothing see here, however... if you want to do a few Wi-Fi Battle Frontier rounds on Platinum, Heartgold or Soul Silver, feel free to PM me about it.

*For those that don't know, on the Wi-Fi Battle Frontier, you get more BP this way, and I currently need BP to buy the Power Items, TMs or teach some new moves from the Move Tutors.*

Nope

theres one possibility, and thats a dream world arceus. but really the odds of someone giving that away on the lul GTS are low.

In Japan, they released a Dream World Arceus due to a poll for which pokemon players would like to appear in the Dream World. So it is possible, but at the moment, only in Japan.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

18 OC's

Last year there was the out of game movie Arceus and theres no classic ribbons anymore so yes, you can trade arceus on the 5th gen gts. I was surprized when my '08 deoxys had no classic ribbon.

I just transferred my 2 event Arceus from my HG into my White but never tried looking for it on GTS
    Wants
    Shiny Litwick (high)
    Shiny Giratina (high)

Shiny Axew
    Shiny Beldum
    DW Snivy
    Evo Stones

Has Trading Soon and Most willing to give up

White Volcarona - lvl70 UT
    Shiny WC Evee - lvl50 UT (jap)
    Event Shaymin - lvl53 (jap)
    Modest Accelgor - lvl1 UT
    Articuno - lvl50 UT (named)
    Moltres - lvl50 UT (named)
    Zapdo - lvl50 UT (named)
    Cresselia - lvl50 UT (named)
    Mesprit - lvl 50 UT
    Electivire - lvl67 (named)
    Steelix - lvl90
    Bronzong - lvl75
    Blissey - lvl42 (named)
    Thundurus - lvl40 UT
    Dialga - lvl 51 (named)
    Uxie - lvl50 UT
    ALAMOS Darkrai - lvl50 UT
    Charmander - lvl5 UT
    Munchlax (self-destruct) - lvl5

pm me if you hav any and if u r lookin for anything

eh.. my arceus is still in my box
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

There was an Arceus given over the dream world in Japan as the result of a poll.
    You might be able to find this one. (Well okay I notice I was beaten to that now).

Quote Originally Posted by Abcd View Post
    In Japan, they released a Dream World Arceus due to a poll for which pokemon players would like to appear in the Dream World. So it is possible, but at the moment, only in Japan.
    Well seeing as you can find Japanese Pokémon on the GTS, it's possible anywhere to find it. But I can't see people really giving that one away.
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Are you able to search for genesect? (you would need to hack to have it on you pokedex) but if you did can you search for it

That's what's always irked me about the GTS: If I already have it in my Pokedex, odds are I already have one captured, so I wouldn't want to trade for one. If I don't have one already captured, odds are it's a rare or a legendary and why would anyone put their legit legendary up for trade on the GTS?

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

i have a 09 movie arceus for trade
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Do you people even check the previous event page before posting? There was an Arceus event last year in Europe. And in 2009 you could get it in the US, Australia and Japan at certain locations. Which is probably why the GTS restriction was lifted.
    To celebrate hatching a shiny Zorua I will be trading away the father: A level 71 japanese Zorua.

PM me a fair offer, and we can make a deal.

Don't offer me starters unless they are non-english or something really extraordinary.

Also up for trade: Level 69 Male Japanese Munna.

I got an Arceus over the GTS in platinum (I'm pretty sure I did)

It was probably hacked, but I wanted the pokedex entry, and put it on display in my box

I never trade on the GTS, so I didn't even know it wasn't allowed in the 4th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Krishnath View Post
    Do you people even check the previous event page before posting? There was an Arceus event last year in Europe. And in 2009 you could get it in the US, Australia and Japan at certain locations. Which is probably why the GTS restriction was lifted.
    But those Arceus all have the Classic Ribbon meaning that they can't be traded on the GTS to begin with. Why lift the restriction when those Arceus can't be traded on there?

The reason Arceus can probably be traded now is because it was given out over DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Black&White View Post
    The reason Arceus can probably be traded now is because it was given out over DW.
    Even though Arceus can be obtained from the Dream World, I don't think that lifting the restriction was a good idea. There aren't that many legitimate Dream World Arceus going around at the moment so people could easily obtain hacked versions if they aren't careful. I think the ban should have been left intact.
    Last edited by Lorde; 24th March 2011 at 12:02 AM.

Does the Dream World Arceus even have a Classic Ribbon? I read somewhere that it does.

Otherwise, those Arceus are from the Hall of Origin, and while they are legal Pokemon, the Azure Flute that they obtained isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Was that an Azure Flute one? Or were you talking about the level 100 Arceus from November 09 at Toys R Us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast