Page 338 of 454 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 11339

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Based on the Nature & IVs, seems like that Lugia was caught normally, but the original owner may have used a cheat to make it shiny.
    ...then it's still a hack.

Based on the Nature & IVs, seems like that Lugia was caught normally, but the original owner may have used a cheat to make it shiny.
    Like I said, hacked

Just want to say this : if he only hacked the ticket, or use a warp cheat to go to the island, but caught the Pokemon normally and even SR for a shiny, then it would be Legal, not hacked. Some people might even consider that as Legit. Personally, to me it's just Legal.
    Hacking/editing in an item to get to a pokemon that you couldn't get otherwise is typically viewed as fine (i.e. legal, but most people are okay with the fact that the item was not legit) however, hacking/editing in an item that was never released to get to a pokemon that no one else could, is viewed as hacking and people typically are not okay with the resulting illegal pokemon. This encompasses pokemon like HoO Arceus and English non-event Mew (which I believe is the subject of the original post). So any English shiny Mew, or any English non-event Mew for that matter, is still considered hacked.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    ...then it's still a hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Like I said, hacked
    Yeah, I know. It's basically the same case as Shiny Resh/Zek/Victini.

Hacking/editing in an item to get to a pokemon that you couldn't get otherwise is typically viewed as fine (i.e. legal, but most people are okay with the fact that the item was not legit) however, hacking/editing in an item that was never released to get to a pokemon that no one else could, is viewed as hacking and people typically are not okay with the resulting illegal pokemon. This encompasses pokemon like HoO Arceus and English non-event Mew (which I believe is the subject of the original post). So any English shiny Mew, or any English non-event Mew for that matter, is still considered hacked.
    I was responding to Jirachi9's post because Jirachi9 mentioned "Japanese"

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Just want to say this : if he only hacked the ticket, or use a warp cheat to go to the island, but caught the Pokemon normally and even SR for a shiny, then it would be Legal, not hacked. Some people might even consider that as Legit. Personally, to me it's just Legal.
    I was responding to Jirachi9's post because Jirachi9 mentioned "Japanese"
    With what I said, I meant what Dewey911p said, which is that the mew would be hacked if it wasn't on a japanese emerald.

I just didn't word it very well.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I have a Golem I got from the GTS as a Graveler I need checking.

OT: Japanese
    OT Gender: blue
    IDno: 20803
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: not known
    IV's: not known
    Nature: Adament
    Characteristic:
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Self-destruct, Defense Curl, Bulldoze, Earthquake
    Level Caught at: Hatched
    Current Level: 30
    Stats: 86 90 37 48 39
    Location Caught: Day-Care Couple; faraway place
    Egg?: yes
    Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
    Any other notes?:

Was hatched 9/17/12. I got this Golem yesterday, trading a lv 50 Riolu.
    Unless it might have been already the 17th in Japan, but I'm posting this just to be sure.

3DS FC: Yui | 2595 0836 4861

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Booster90 View Post
    Was hatched 9/17/12. I got this Golem yesterday, trading a lv 50 Riolu.
    Unless it might have been already the 17th in Japan, but I'm posting this just to be sure.
    The date isn't the actual date in real-time, but whatever the DS clock is set to. As long as the date is a legit date that the DS clock/calendar can be set to, it should be fine. I set my clock up once so I could get an event Darkrai with Halloween's date on it, even though Halloween was months away from when the event actually was.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    The date isn't the actual date in real-time, but whatever the DS clock is set to. As long as the date is a legit date that the DS clock/calendar can be set to, it should be fine. I set my clock up once so I could get an event Darkrai with Halloween's date on it, even though Halloween was months away from when the event actually was.
    Ok Thanks. What about it saying "faraway place"? Could it mean Kanto or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Booster90 View Post
    Ok Thanks. What about it saying "faraway place"? Could it mean Kanto or something?
    "Faraway place" means that the pokemon was hatched in a location that isn't in the game that the pokemon is in. For example, locations that are exclusive to Black 2 and White 2 appears as "Faraway place" in Black and White.
    White FC: 1807 3444 4520

Soul Silver FC: 3739 2011 8560

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMagikarp View Post
    "Faraway place" means that the pokemon was hatched in a location that isn't in the game that the pokemon is in. For example, locations that are exclusive to Black 2 and White 2 appears as "Faraway place" in Black and White.
    It might have been from Black and White 2 since it's Japanese. Thanks for answering.

Before going through the whole form, quick question:

How likely is it that the Geodude I got on the GTS legitimately came from Diamond, Pearl or Platinum?

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Coated Gengar View Post

How likely is it that the Geodude I got on the GTS legitimately came from Diamond, Pearl or Platinum?
    It's a really big chanse I'd say. Geodude is one of the most common pokemon in those games. If nothing else is wrong with it, I'd say that it's fine.
    White FC: 1807 3444 4520

Soul Silver FC: 3739 2011 8560

I think you might as well use the form, since there's no real way to know whether it legitimately came from DPPt without any information. While the GTS is full of hacks, there are definitely plenty of legitimate Pokemon on there.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Pokemon Species: Geodude
    Nickname: None
    OT: Japanese Symbols
    OT Gender: Red
    IDno: 18835
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: Don't know
    IV's: Don't know
    Nature: Relaxed
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Moves: Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Self Destruct
    Level Caught at: "Apparently arrived at level 19."
    Current Level: 19
    Stats: 44, 52, 17, 20, 10
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: No
    Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
    Any other notes?:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...917-120601.jpg

Sorry, couldn't get the other photo to take, the glare wouldn't go away.
    Last edited by Candy Coated Gengar; 17th September 2012 at 6:14 PM.

Pokemon Species: Geodude
    Nickname: None
    OT: Japanese Symbols
    OT Gender: Red
    IDno: 18835
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: Don't know
    IV's: Don't know
    Nature: Relaxed
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Moves: Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Self Destruct
    Level Caught at: "Apparently arrived at level 19."
    Current Level: 19
    Stats: 44, 52, 17, 20, 10
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: No
    Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
    Any other notes?:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...917-120601.jpg

Sorry, couldn't get the other photo to take, the glare wouldn't go away.
    Looks fine to me. Nothing really suspicious about it.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Looks fine to me. Nothing really suspicious about it.
    Just wanted to be sure. I like to collect foreign pokemon and it seemed like a rare prize for my tastes.

hi i've got these two pokemon in a trade recently and because there rare thought i'd get them checked.

pokemon 1

Post here if you're not sure if your Pokemon is legitimate or not, or to help another user. Be sure to follow all other rules and use this form when posting:
    Pokemon Species:Mew
    Nickname:appears to be japanese (i've looked it up on bulbapedia)
    OT:Eppie (not the run of the mill font of a pokemon ot)
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Male
    IDno:25162
    Shiny?:yes
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known)
    Nature:Adamant
    Characteristic: often dozes off
    Ability:Synchronize
    Moves:softibolied,tranform,counter,metronome (counter and softibolied are move tutored if i'm not mistaken)
    Level Caught at: apparently arived at level 30 after a long travel through time.
    Current Level:30
    Stats:HP 109 Attack 81 Defence 74 Sp attack 60 Sp def 74 speed 74
    Location Caught:Fateful encounter Hoenn
    Egg?:no
    Pokeball Caught In: Dive Ball
    Any other notes?:

pokemon 2

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
    Nickname:JIRACHI
    OT:WISHMKR
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Male
    IDno: 20043
    Shiny?: yes
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known)
    Nature: Lonely
    Characteristic: often dozes off
    Ability:serene grace
    Moves: wish confusion rest mimic
    Level Caught at: apparently arrived at level 5 after a long travel through time
    Current Level:5
    Stats:HP 26 Attack 17 Defence 14 Sp atk 16 Sp def 15 Speed 15
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Egg?: no
    Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
    Any other notes?:
    currently looking for :

3DS FC 3437 - 3031 -8746

Jirachi seems fake to me. Wouldn't it be in the event ball? The fact it comes from WISHMKR and is shiny seems suspicious.

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

Quote Originally Posted by a cat View Post
    Jirachi seems fake to me. Wouldn't it be in the event ball? The fact it comes from WISHMKR and is shiny seems suspicious.
    WISHMKR's came in regular pokeballs and are the only Jirachi's that can come as shiny, if lonely is one of the natures that can be shiny then it seems alright.

EDIT: I found that lonely is one of the natures, it seems fine.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 17th September 2012 at 9:28 PM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Eppie's Mew is legit as well, assuming it was transferred properly. If it was transferred wrong the coding might be off.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Is there anyway to check the mew without me changing my dsn settings to do it because i'd rather not change them after the issues i've had with it before. and out of curiosity what do you mean by transfered properly?
    currently looking for :

3DS FC 3437 - 3031 -8746

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon trainer mystery View Post
    Is there anyway to check the mew without me changing my dsn settings to do it because i'd rather not change them after the issues i've had with it before. and out of curiosity what do you mean by transfered properly?
    you could trade the Mew to someone else and have them check it for you perhaps? As for properly transferring the pokemon, using external programs (like pokegen) to transfer pokemon can negatively affect the pokemon and alter the coding. If you are just going to keep it and old on to it, then it really is nothing to worry about, but if you plan to trade it, you might want to look in to it as someone will eventually spot it if you don't spot it first.

does pokecheck add premier ribbon to event pokemon and if so it has it or not how do think that would effect the value of it.
    pokedex complete to 646 looking for shiny flawless pokemon currently have over 50+ shiny flawless pokemon pm me to inquire about them fc white 2967-1563-6822

check out my trade shop

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...awless-pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by master91 View Post
    does pokecheck add premier ribbon to event pokemon and if so it has it or not how do think that would effect the value of it.
    if it's downloaded from the site, then a ribbon would be added to it. the ribbon would make it hacked, at least to most people on here.
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    if it's downloaded from the site, then a ribbon would be added to it. the ribbon would make it hacked, at least to most people on here.
    No, actually, Pokecheck does not add an additional ribbon to pokemon that already have an even ribbon. So, if you were to just download a Keldeo event straight from the site, it would not receive another ribbon. As for how people feel about this, I really couldn't say for sure. In all honesty, no one would really know since there would be no proof (unless you say that is what you did) and since all events are the same, there would be no way to tell. I assume people would feel cheated a bit since they could just download the same event just the same as you as oppose to trading something else for it, but, again, I don't really know.

As for it being hacked, well, it would be the exact same as it was when it was uploaded, so as long as you don't download a hacked one, you are fine
    Last edited by dewey911p; 18th September 2012 at 1:47 AM.

Default Pokemon Hack Check

Hello all, I am new here and was hoping if someone can help me out in figuring if the pokemon I have are legit/legal. I only want to own legit/legal pokemon, so if these are not legit I am going to release them and try obtaining them through trades here on Serebii.

I have been searching for Pokemon that I still require and I came across the following pokemon that I recieved from the GTS using a website's dns code. I am not sure if I can say the website that I used to download the pokemon? If I am informed that I can, then I will post the website to see if that is legit. Anyways, here is the information of the following pokemon.

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
    OT: Gamestp
    IDno: 06218
    Shiny?: Not shiny
    Exp. Points: 156250
    To Next Level: 9563
    Nature: Rash
    Characteristic: Good perseverance
    Ability: pressure
    Moves: psycho boost, zap cannon, iron defense, extreme speed
    Level Caught at: apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 50
    Current Level: 50
    Hp: 116/116
    Attack: 158
    Defense: 67
    Sp. Attack: 171
    Sp. defense: 51
    Speed: 161
    Location Caught: Pokemon event on Jun. 21, 2008
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish
    Item: Never Melt Ice
    Ribbon: Classic

Pokemon Species: Manaphy
    OT: TRU
    IDno: 09297
    Exp. Points: 156250
    To Next Level: 9563
    Nature: Mild
    Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
    Ability: hydration
    Moves: heart swap, water pulse, whirlpool, acid armor
    Hp: 172/172
    Attack: 109
    Defense: 100
    Sp. Attack: 122
    Sp. defense: 109
    Speed: 119
    Location Caught: Pokemon event on Sep. 29, 2007
    Item: red scarf

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
    OT: TRU
    IDno: 02089
    Exp. Points: 117360
    To Next Level: 7766
    Nature: Mild
    Characteristic: Proud of its power
    Ability: natural cure
    Moves: seed flare, aromatherapy, substitute, energy ball
    Hp: 167/167
    Attack: 120
    Defense: 105
    Sp. Attack: 127
    Sp.defense:110
    Speed: 108
    Location Caught: Pokemon event on Feb. 8, 2009
    Item: micle berry

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
    OT: GAMESTP
    IDno: 02270
    Exp. Points: 156
    To Next Level: 114
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Moves: Wish, Confusion, rest, draco meteor
    Level Caught at: apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 5
    Current Level: 5
    Hp: 26/26
    Attack: 14
    Defense: 16
    Sp. Attack: 17
    Sp.defense:16
    Speed: 16
    Location Caught: Pokemon event on Mar. 2, 2010
    Item: Liechi Berry

Pokemon Species: Mew
    OT: パルシティ
    IDno: 07157
    Exp. Points: 117360
    To Next Level: 7766
    Nature: Serious
    Characteristic: Good perseverance
    Ability: synchronize
    Moves: barrier, metronome, teleport, aura sphere
    Hp: 171/171
    Attack: 111
    Defense: 119
    Sp. Attack: 115
    Sp.defense:118
    Speed: 117
    Location Caught: Pokemon Event 07 Aug. 17, 2007
    Item: none

Pokemon Species: Mew
    OT: ススム
    IDno: 11219
    Exp. Points: 135
    To Next Level: 44
    Nature: Hardy
    Characteristic: Likes to Run
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: pound
    Level Caught at: apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 5
    Current Level: 5
    Hp: 26/26
    Attack: 15
    Defense: 15
    Sp. Attack: 16
    Sp.defense:15
    Speed: 16
    Location Caught: Wi-Fi Gift on Nov. 21, 2009
    Item: none
    Ribbon: Premier

Thanks for helping me out and I look forward to seeing if these are legit pokemon.

Page 338 of 454 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast