Page 367 of 449 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,175 of 11212

Thread: Hack-Check Thread

Hmm, not sure, but I think it probably is from the hall of origin. I've never played Gen 4 however, so I don't know much about the gameplay there.

Wait, if I set my pokemon to private, its legality will never show up, even if the option to display legality for non-public pokemon is selected? How does that work? Does it mean that both public and private must be unticked? (I've unticked that arceus just now, btw, and it's neither public or private at the moment...)
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

I have a japanese shiny mew lvl 30 OT: Gio. i'm guessing its a hack? Caught in pokeball. Knows taunt, will o wisp, softboiled and seismic toss.
    Last edited by Pokemon_Champ; 8th February 2013 at 5:50 PM.
    FC: 0089 8122 5244

Please visit my trade shop HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Hmm, not sure, but I think it probably is from the hall of origin. I've never played Gen 4 however, so I don't know much about the gameplay there.

Wait, if I set my pokemon to private, its legality will never show up, even if the option to display legality for non-public pokemon is selected? How does that work? Does it mean that both public and private must be unticked? (I've unticked that arceus just now, btw, and it's neither public or private at the moment...)
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Champ View Post
    I have a japanese shiny mew lvl 30 OT: Gio. i'm guessing its a hack? Caught in pokeball. Knows taunt, will o wisp, softboiled and seismic toss.
    Yes, afaik it's a hack.

May I ask how you know it's a hack? Is the OT a known hacker?
    Last edited by Pokemon_Champ; 8th February 2013 at 5:59 PM.

The OT Gio Shiny Mew is a hack, how I know isn't important (and I wouldn't say here in case any hackers read this) and it would certainly fool most people, but it's obviously hacked if you know a lot about 3rd gen mechanics.
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

Ok thanks guys

Here is a Shiny Bagon from the GTS recently. It seems hacked to me.

Pokemon Species: Bagon
    Nickname: Bagon
    OT: SEP2012
    OT Gender: blue
    IDno: 00000
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: NA
    IV's: NA
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Twister, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
    Level Caught at: lv. 1
    Current Level: lv. 1
    Stats: 5, 6, 6, 5, 6
    Location Caught: Route 3, Apparently hatched
    Egg?: Yes from an egg.
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Any other notes?: Hatched on 11/1/2007

It stinks that it seems hacked, always wanted a shiny Bagon. D:
    POKEMON Y
    IGN Name: Tetsuya
    Pokedex: 602 Seen | 522 Caught

My Current Favorite Y Obtained Shinies

Yaoi | Kurogane | Syaoran | Nanase | Aomine | Dan

Latest Shiny: Floatzel

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

Yes, it is hacked. It couldn't have hatched in 2007 and hatched at Route 3 (it would say Hoenn/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto if it was from a earlier Generation).

Hack, unless for some reason someone RNGed that ID, and OT (doubtful).

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post
    Yes, it is hacked. It couldn't have hatched in 2007 and hatched at Route 3 (it would say Hoenn/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto if it was from a earlier Generation).
    Uh, yeah it can.
    Last edited by Agonist; 8th February 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    *snipped*
    Although the information given appears to be *legal*, I agree that it screams hack and I suspect a more thorough hack checker would catch illegal hidden data.
    I can change the date on my DS to anything between 2000 and 2099, and then any eggs I hatch will show as being hatched on that date.
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

considering the date and the ID number, it is possible that the Bagon is a result of RNG abuse.

Maybe it was given away because it is a failed result, it has the shininess but it also has the wrong Nature/ability.

But yeah, there's also a good chance that it's hacked, and is made to look like a result from an RNG abuse.

It couldn't have hatched in 2007 and hatched at Route 3 (it would say Hoenn/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto if it was from a earlier Generation).
    ......you can change the date on your DS. In fact, as far as I know, changing date is a must for those who wants to do RNG abuse.

So yes, you can hatch a Pokemon in B2/W2 whose summary says it is hatched in the year 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Looking at its page, it most likely is indeed a Hall of Origin Arceus. Which may be legal or hacked, depending on your view.

The Arceus seems to be caught normally, but the Azure Flute, the item to access Hall of Origin, is never released, not even for Platinum, and your Arceus is from a Japanese Pearl.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    considering the date and the ID number, it is possible that the Bagon is a result of RNG abuse.

Maybe it was given away because it is a failed result, it has the shininess but it also has the wrong Nature/ability.

But yeah, there's also a good chance that it's hacked, and is made to look like a result from an RNG abuse.
    What's wrong with a Modest Salamence? But as far as the date goes, it's quite easy to find shiny egg seeds, so unless there was some reason why they wanted that date, it's unlikely that they'd have to resort to a seed in 2007 for a shiny result.

Nothing wrong with a Modest Mence, actually. In fact I also have one.
    But the Shiny Bagon posted above there is Modest yet it has both Hydro Pump and....Dragon Dance. To me, it looks more like whoever hatched it wanted Naive/Hasty instead for a Mixed set.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Or they happened to have a parent that knew both (note that only parent Bagon can get Hydro Pump that doesn't learn Dragon Dance is Milotic, and that furthermore, Gyarados learns Dragon Dance before learning Hydro Pump, and the Kingdra line learns it right after). When trading, it advantageous to have multiple egg moves, even if only or two of them is actually viable for the set itself. Having more egg moves means that people will be more willing to trade for it, either for their own use, or being able to use it as a parent quickly, and without having to put much effort into getting a good parent themselves. It's the same thing with Pokemon that have move tutors tutored onto them, they're more desirable since not as much effort needs to be put in.
    Last edited by Agonist; 9th February 2013 at 3:25 PM.

Hmm, so after that hacked Arceus I put all my traded legendaries onto pokecheck again...and realised my mew may very likely be hacked:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3518696

The trainer ID is 01000 - highly unusual, and it is caught in a cherish ball but has no ribbon...yet pokecheck insists it's legal?
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

It's a Hayley Mew from Pokemon Ranch. It's an event, hence the Cherish Ball and ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    Although the information given appears to be *legal*, I agree that it screams hack and I suspect a more thorough hack checker would catch illegal hidden data.
    I can change the date on my DS to anything between 2000 and 2099, and then any eggs I hatch will show as being hatched on that date.
    Duh! My bad.

Species Torterra
    OT:Japenese
    OT Gender:Male
    IDno:09032
    Shiny?:Yes
    Nature:Impish
    Characteristic:Likes to thrash about
    Ability:Overgrow
    Moves:Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Toxic, and Curse
    Level Caught at:Egg apparently hatched.
    Current Level:32
    Stats:HP121, ATT86, DEF90, SP.A63, SP.D77, SP58
    Location Caught:Hatched at Striaton City
    Pokeball Caught In:Pokeball
    Any other notes?Hatched on 10/8/2012.
    Is it legit or a hack? Really want to know.
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 5:24 PM.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------I can sovle the Rubik's Cube in 40 seconds, can you?----------------------------------
    --------------------------I'm the proud owner of a 63' Vw Bug. Ask me about it.--------------------------

legal from info given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239 View Post
    Species Torterra
    OT:Japanese
    OT Gender:Male
    ID no:09032
    Shiny?:Yes
    Nature:Impish
    Characteristic:Likes to thrash about
    Ability:Overgrow
    Moves:Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Toxic, and Curse
    Level Caught at:Egg apparently hatched.
    Current Level:32
    Stats:HP121, ATT86, DEF90, SP.A63, SP.D77, SP58
    Location Caught:Hatched at Striaton City
    Pokeball Caught In:Pokeball
    Any other notes? Hatched on 10/8/2012.
    Is it legit or a hack? REally want to know.
    looks okay...what seems off to you?
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

I just was wondering because I got it on GTS and just wasn't sure if it was legit.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------I can sovle the Rubik's Cube in 40 seconds, can you?----------------------------------
    --------------------------I'm the proud owner of a 63' Vw Bug. Ask me about it.--------------------------

It may not be, it's only legal from the info given. If you'd like to be sure, upload it to Pokecheck.

I checked pokecheck and I couldn't find it on the site. This means that itis legit correct?
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 5:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239 View Post
    I checked pokecheck and I couldn't find it on the site. Yhis means that itis legit correct?
    No, it means that no one else has uploaded it to the site. You'll have to actually upload it yourself to check the legality.

Ok, I will upload it.
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 5:46 PM.

Page 367 of 449 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast