Page 367 of 490 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,175 of 12248

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Here is a Shiny Bagon from the GTS recently. It seems hacked to me.

Pokemon Species: Bagon
    Nickname: Bagon
    OT: SEP2012
    OT Gender: blue
    IDno: 00000
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: NA
    IV's: NA
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Twister, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
    Level Caught at: lv. 1
    Current Level: lv. 1
    Stats: 5, 6, 6, 5, 6
    Location Caught: Route 3, Apparently hatched
    Egg?: Yes from an egg.
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Any other notes?: Hatched on 11/1/2007

It stinks that it seems hacked, always wanted a shiny Bagon. D:
    CURRENT HEART GOLD TEAM

|| \Ifrit\ [m] lv44 || \Bismark\ [m] lv43 || \Minfillia\ [f] lv43 ||
    Badges: 7

Game has been on pause. Not sure when I'll play it again.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

Yes, it is hacked. It couldn't have hatched in 2007 and hatched at Route 3 (it would say Hoenn/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto if it was from a earlier Generation).

Hack, unless for some reason someone RNGed that ID, and OT (doubtful).

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post
    Yes, it is hacked. It couldn't have hatched in 2007 and hatched at Route 3 (it would say Hoenn/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto if it was from a earlier Generation).
    Uh, yeah it can.
    Last edited by Agonist; 8th February 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    *snipped*
    Although the information given appears to be *legal*, I agree that it screams hack and I suspect a more thorough hack checker would catch illegal hidden data.
    I can change the date on my DS to anything between 2000 and 2099, and then any eggs I hatch will show as being hatched on that date.
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

considering the date and the ID number, it is possible that the Bagon is a result of RNG abuse.

Maybe it was given away because it is a failed result, it has the shininess but it also has the wrong Nature/ability.

But yeah, there's also a good chance that it's hacked, and is made to look like a result from an RNG abuse.

It couldn't have hatched in 2007 and hatched at Route 3 (it would say Hoenn/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto if it was from a earlier Generation).
    ......you can change the date on your DS. In fact, as far as I know, changing date is a must for those who wants to do RNG abuse.

So yes, you can hatch a Pokemon in B2/W2 whose summary says it is hatched in the year 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Hmm, not sure, but I think it probably is from the hall of origin. I've never played Gen 4 however, so I don't know much about the gameplay there.
    Looking at its page, it most likely is indeed a Hall of Origin Arceus. Which may be legal or hacked, depending on your view.

The Arceus seems to be caught normally, but the Azure Flute, the item to access Hall of Origin, is never released, not even for Platinum, and your Arceus is from a Japanese Pearl.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    considering the date and the ID number, it is possible that the Bagon is a result of RNG abuse.

Maybe it was given away because it is a failed result, it has the shininess but it also has the wrong Nature/ability.

But yeah, there's also a good chance that it's hacked, and is made to look like a result from an RNG abuse.
    What's wrong with a Modest Salamence? But as far as the date goes, it's quite easy to find shiny egg seeds, so unless there was some reason why they wanted that date, it's unlikely that they'd have to resort to a seed in 2007 for a shiny result.

Nothing wrong with a Modest Mence, actually. In fact I also have one.
    But the Shiny Bagon posted above there is Modest yet it has both Hydro Pump and....Dragon Dance. To me, it looks more like whoever hatched it wanted Naive/Hasty instead for a Mixed set.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Or they happened to have a parent that knew both (note that only parent Bagon can get Hydro Pump that doesn't learn Dragon Dance is Milotic, and that furthermore, Gyarados learns Dragon Dance before learning Hydro Pump, and the Kingdra line learns it right after). When trading, it advantageous to have multiple egg moves, even if only or two of them is actually viable for the set itself. Having more egg moves means that people will be more willing to trade for it, either for their own use, or being able to use it as a parent quickly, and without having to put much effort into getting a good parent themselves. It's the same thing with Pokemon that have move tutors tutored onto them, they're more desirable since not as much effort needs to be put in.
    Last edited by Agonist; 9th February 2013 at 2:25 PM.

Hmm, so after that hacked Arceus I put all my traded legendaries onto pokecheck again...and realised my mew may very likely be hacked:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3518696

The trainer ID is 01000 - highly unusual, and it is caught in a cherish ball but has no ribbon...yet pokecheck insists it's legal?
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

It's a Hayley Mew from Pokemon Ranch. It's an event, hence the Cherish Ball and ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    Although the information given appears to be *legal*, I agree that it screams hack and I suspect a more thorough hack checker would catch illegal hidden data.
    I can change the date on my DS to anything between 2000 and 2099, and then any eggs I hatch will show as being hatched on that date.
    Duh! My bad.

Species Torterra
    OT:Japenese
    OT Gender:Male
    IDno:09032
    Shiny?:Yes
    Nature:Impish
    Characteristic:Likes to thrash about
    Ability:Overgrow
    Moves:Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Toxic, and Curse
    Level Caught at:Egg apparently hatched.
    Current Level:32
    Stats:HP121, ATT86, DEF90, SP.A63, SP.D77, SP58
    Location Caught:Hatched at Striaton City
    Pokeball Caught In:Pokeball
    Any other notes?Hatched on 10/8/2012.
    Is it legit or a hack? Really want to know.
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 4:24 PM.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

legal from info given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239 View Post
    Species Torterra
    OT:Japanese
    OT Gender:Male
    ID no:09032
    Shiny?:Yes
    Nature:Impish
    Characteristic:Likes to thrash about
    Ability:Overgrow
    Moves:Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Toxic, and Curse
    Level Caught at:Egg apparently hatched.
    Current Level:32
    Stats:HP121, ATT86, DEF90, SP.A63, SP.D77, SP58
    Location Caught:Hatched at Striaton City
    Pokeball Caught In:Pokeball
    Any other notes? Hatched on 10/8/2012.
    Is it legit or a hack? REally want to know.
    looks okay...what seems off to you?
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

I just was wondering because I got it on GTS and just wasn't sure if it was legit.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may not be, it's only legal from the info given. If you'd like to be sure, upload it to Pokecheck.

I checked pokecheck and I couldn't find it on the site. This means that itis legit correct?
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 4:43 PM.

I checked pokecheck and I couldn't find it on the site. Yhis means that itis legit correct?
    No, it means that no one else has uploaded it to the site. You'll have to actually upload it yourself to check the legality.

Ok, I will upload it.
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 4:46 PM.

There is no way to distinguish between legal and legitimate, unless you trust the person you got it from, or who got in the first place. Additionally, I don't know where you got the notion that people report Pokemon on Pokecheck - they don't. The primary function of the site it to check for legality - having a report feature would be completely redundant - and it's up to people to use their own common sense when getting Pokemon from the site.

Is there really anyway to know for sure, or do you just have to assum it's legit because no one has reported one like it?
    What Agonist said, you can't tell if anything is legit unless you hatched it yourself or if you really know the person that it belongs to, however, use Pokecheck to check it's hidden values to make sure it's legal.

EDIT: ninja'd
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

I have two questionable ut Pokemon I received from the gts, a shiny ho-oh with the ability pressure and the ot Tom 50775, caught in Johto, apparently met at lvl 45, it has normal stats being only decent however having a perfect defense stat with a relaxed nature. Everything about it seems normal however it was caught in a cherish ball, so I just want an opinion if either the Ho-oh is hacked or maybe just the pokeball used to catch it.
    Also I received a Lugia with the ability multiscale and the ot Sundust ID 62825, Caught in Pokemon dream radar, apparently arrived at lvl 40 also has normal stats and move list with an impish nature, caught in a dream ball, the only thing that seems off about the Lugia is the fact that it is shiny, My question here is can dream radar Pokemon be shiny?
    My friend safari has Throh, Meditite, and Breloom.
    Self obtained trophy shines: Marowak, Pansear, Florges, Delphox, Gastrodon, Beautifly, accidentally killed shiny Wingull in horde
    want: specific events/shinies
    3DS Friend Code: 0001 3822 0348 Pokemon X
    Top 10 Favorite games - Metalgear 3 subsistence, Disgaea aod, Megaman X4, Pokemon Blue, Strange Journey, shin megami tensei ii, Ratchet&Clank Dl, Persona 3p, Metroid prime 2, Zelda Oot.
    Self hatched Shinies : Kecleon
    Adamant iv 31/31/31/31/21/26 Protean

Ok, I understand. When I checked it it didn't have any problems(unlike the lv.100 shiny metagross I traded for). Pokecheck said everything checked out ok.
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 5:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Croze View Post
    I have two questionable ut Pokemon I received from the gts, a shiny ho-oh with the ability pressure and the ot Tom 50775, caught in Johto, apparently met at lvl 45, it has normal stats being only decent however having a perfect defense stat with a relaxed nature. Everything about it seems normal however it was caught in a cherish ball, so I just want an opinion if either the Ho-oh is hacked or maybe just the pokeball used to catch it.
    Also I received a Lugia with the ability multiscale and the ot Sundust ID 62825, Caught in Pokemon dream radar, apparently arrived at lvl 40 also has normal stats and move list with an impish nature, caught in a dream ball, the only thing that seems off about the Lugia is the fact that it is shiny, My question here is can dream radar Pokemon be shiny?
    Both are bad hacks, Cherish Balls can't be used to catch ingame stuff, and Dream Radar mon's can't be shiny.
    Last edited by Agonist; 9th February 2013 at 5:11 PM.

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone would mind checking this for me? I just got it from Global Link for a Wartortle, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Nickname: Latias
    OT: JOMAS
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno: 47560
    Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Strong willed
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Psychic, Draco Meteor and Thunder
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: attack: 177, defense: 256, sp. atk: 254, sp. def: 297, speed: 252
    Location Caught: Johto
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball

Thanks

Page 367 of 490 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast