Page 368 of 444 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 11082

Thread: Hack-Check Thread

There is no way to distinguish between legal and legitimate, unless you trust the person you got it from, or who got in the first place. Additionally, I don't know where you got the notion that people report Pokemon on Pokecheck - they don't. The primary function of the site it to check for legality - having a report feature would be completely redundant - and it's up to people to use their own common sense when getting Pokemon from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239 View Post
    Is there really anyway to know for sure, or do you just have to assum it's legit because no one has reported one like it?
    What Agonist said, you can't tell if anything is legit unless you hatched it yourself or if you really know the person that it belongs to, however, use Pokecheck to check it's hidden values to make sure it's legal.

EDIT: ninja'd
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

I have two questionable ut Pokemon I received from the gts, a shiny ho-oh with the ability pressure and the ot Tom 50775, caught in Johto, apparently met at lvl 45, it has normal stats being only decent however having a perfect defense stat with a relaxed nature. Everything about it seems normal however it was caught in a cherish ball, so I just want an opinion if either the Ho-oh is hacked or maybe just the pokeball used to catch it.
    Also I received a Lugia with the ability multiscale and the ot Sundust ID 62825, Caught in Pokemon dream radar, apparently arrived at lvl 40 also has normal stats and move list with an impish nature, caught in a dream ball, the only thing that seems off about the Lugia is the fact that it is shiny, My question here is can dream radar Pokemon be shiny?
    My friend safari has Throh, Meditite, and Breloom.
    Self obtained trophy shines: Marowak, Pansear, Florges, Delphox, Gastrodon, Beautifly, accidentally killed shiny Wingull in horde
    want: specific events/shinies
    Black 2 Friend Code: 0347 8098 0190/3DS Friend Code: 0001 3822 0348
    Top 10 Favorite games - Metalgear 3 subsistence, Disgaea aod, Megaman X4, Pokemon Blue, Strange Journey, shin megami tensei ii, Ratchet&Clank Dl, Persona 3p, Metroid prime 2, Zelda Oot.
    Self hatched Shinies : Kecleon
    Adamant iv 31/31/31/31/21/26 Protean

Ok, I understand. When I checked it it didn't have any problems(unlike the lv.100 shiny metagross I traded for). Pokecheck said everything checked out ok.
    Last edited by Ben6239; 9th February 2013 at 5:17 PM.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------I can sovle the Rubik's Cube in 40 seconds, can you?----------------------------------
    --------------------------I'm the proud owner of a 63' Vw Bug. Ask me about it.--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Croze View Post
    I have two questionable ut Pokemon I received from the gts, a shiny ho-oh with the ability pressure and the ot Tom 50775, caught in Johto, apparently met at lvl 45, it has normal stats being only decent however having a perfect defense stat with a relaxed nature. Everything about it seems normal however it was caught in a cherish ball, so I just want an opinion if either the Ho-oh is hacked or maybe just the pokeball used to catch it.
    Also I received a Lugia with the ability multiscale and the ot Sundust ID 62825, Caught in Pokemon dream radar, apparently arrived at lvl 40 also has normal stats and move list with an impish nature, caught in a dream ball, the only thing that seems off about the Lugia is the fact that it is shiny, My question here is can dream radar Pokemon be shiny?
    Both are bad hacks, Cherish Balls can't be used to catch ingame stuff, and Dream Radar mon's can't be shiny.
    Last edited by Agonist; 9th February 2013 at 5:11 PM.

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone would mind checking this for me? I just got it from Global Link for a Wartortle, so I'm not holding out much hope.

Nickname: Latias
    OT: JOMAS
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno: 47560
    Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Strong willed
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Psychic, Draco Meteor and Thunder
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: attack: 177, defense: 256, sp. atk: 254, sp. def: 297, speed: 252
    Location Caught: Johto
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball

Thanks
    Extended White 2 Team

White 2 Friend Code: 2624 0604 4045

hack because cherish ball cannot be used to catch pokemon
    gen 6 Fc 3067 5372 2038 Kevin
    Event Shop
    update 1

Thanks for the confirmation.
    Extended White 2 Team

White 2 Friend Code: 2624 0604 4045

Pokemon Species: Phione
    Nickname: Phione
    OT: Jorg (o is accented with two dots over it)
    OT Gender: male
    IDno: 00796
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: Not known
    IV's: Not known
    Nature: Rash
    Characteristic: Often lost in thought
    Ability: Hydration
    Moves: Bubble, Water sport, Dive, Surf
    Level Caught at: 1
    Current Level: 1
    Stats: Hp 12 Atk 6 Def 6 Sp Atk 6 Sp Def 5 Spd 6
    Location Caught: Route 3 egg hatched
    Egg?: Yes
    Pokeball Caught In: pokeball

Got this one a while back, it's now a Bellossom:

Name: Oddish (shiny)
    Nature: Serious; sturdy body
    OT: LUNA
    OT Gender: Female
    IDno: 39149
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Moves: Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Acid
    Current Level: 26
    Stats: attack: 32, defense: 40, sp. atk: 44, sp. def: 40, speed: 26; hp: 62
    Location Caught: Hoenn (1/10/2013)
    Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

Just wanted to make sure on this one .

@ Shadowkrow: Looks like it's legit. Have you checked its stats in Nimbasa city to see if it's been RNG'd? Other than that it seems like a normal Phione that was hatched from an egg.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 9th February 2013 at 8:13 PM.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    Got this one a while back, it's now a Bellossom:*snipped*
    Nothing wrong with the information given, if you could figure out the exact IVs it would be easier to catch it if it is hacked.
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

@ Shadowkrow: Looks like it's legit. Have you checked its stats in Nimbasa city to see if it's been RNG'd? Other than that it seems like a normal Phione that was hatched from an egg.
    The guy said that it's overall pontential is above average and that it's best potential is it's Sp Atk. Is it bad if it's been RNG'd, because unfortunetly I don't know what RNGing is or what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    Nothing wrong with the information given, if you could figure out the exact IVs it would be easier to catch it if it is hacked.
    Did a check and it seems as if it's HP is somewhat high, along with it's speed.

The iv's: Lv.: 26
    59 31 33 44 38 20

The Oddish's stats:
    62 32 40 44 40 26

Sp.Atk it's good, a little under powered attack wise, a little bit high on sp. def.

+ 3 for HP
    + 1 for Atk
    + 7 for Def
    + 0 for Sp. Atk (they were even)
    + 2 Sp. Def
    + 6 for Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkrow View Post
    The guy said that it's overall pontential is above average and that it's best potential is it's Sp Atk. Is it bad if it's been RNG'd, because unfortunetly I don't know what RNGing is or what it means?
    That's good. Doesn't seem to have been RNG'd. Basically it means that the person messed with the Random Number Generator in order to get the kind of Pokemon that they wanted (for example: if you run into a Pokemon off of the GTS with perfect stats, then generally there's a good chance that the person RNG'd it; also if the Pokemon came from an odd date like somewhere in 2064 (got a couple from that date), then probably the person changed the date on their game to get what they want). Don't know that much about it either, but there is a thread about it here on the forums, I'll go and see if I can dig it up.

Don't mind RNG's too much, since they're not going to ruin my game... tend to use them to breed for better natures and that sort of thing. It's pretty much a like it or hate it thing when it comes down to it.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 9th February 2013 at 8:57 PM.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

The iv's: Lv.: 26
    59 31 33 44 38 20

The Oddish's stats:
    62 32 40 44 40 26

Sp.Atk it's good, a little under powered attack wise, a little bit high on sp. def.

+ 3 for HP
    + 1 for Atk
    + 7 for Def
    + 0 for Sp. Atk (they were even)
    + 2 Sp. Def
    + 6 for Speed
    The maximum IV value is 31 any value higher means it's hacked or you miscalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    The maximum IV value is 31 any value higher means it's hacked or you miscalculated.
    Ah I see.

*goes to double check*

Put in the stats in the median iv area this time and it came up with this:

67 39 41 52 46 27

The Oddish's stats:
    62 32 40 44 40 26

31 31 31 31 31 26

Looks like I inputted it wrong the first time. Looks like it might be a hack due to it having 31's in 5 of it's stats. Don't mind it though.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 9th February 2013 at 9:34 PM.

That's good. Doesn't seem to have been RNG'd. Basically it means that the person messed with the Random Number Generator in order to get the kind of Pokemon that they wanted (for example: if you run into a Pokemon off of the GTS with perfect stats, then generally there's a good chance that the person RNG'd it; also if the Pokemon came from an odd date like somewhere in 2064 (got a couple from that date), then probably the person changed the date on their game to get what they want). Don't know that much about it either, but there is a thread about it here on the forums, I'll go and see if I can dig it up.

Don't mind RNG's too much, since they're not going to ruin my game... tend to use them to breed for better natures and that sort of thing. It's pretty much a like it or hate it thing when it comes down to it.
    Thanks for all the info. All I needed Phione for was to help with my dex so that I can complete it and I think I'll keep Phione too. I've got 636 out of 649.
    Last edited by Shadowkrow; 9th February 2013 at 9:12 PM.

Thanks for all the info. All I needed Phione for was to help with my dex so that I can complete it and I think I'll keep Phione too. I've got 636 out of 649.
    You're welcome . Sweet. Good luck with getting the rest of them. Got over 500 so far on White 2... so I got aways to go with that.

You're welcome . Sweet. Good luck with getting the rest of them. Got over 500 so far on White 2... so I got aways to go with that.
    The only bad news is that the ones I need are the legendaries Registeel(so that I can catch Regigigas) and Kyogre, I also need most of the mythicals except Keldeo, Genesect, and now Phione.
    Last edited by Shadowkrow; 9th February 2013 at 9:29 PM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE)

Most Recent Shiny:
    ??? MM     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

The only bad news is that the ones I need are 2 legendaries and most of the mythicals except Keldeo, Genesect, and now Phione.
    Dang . Won't be able to get Melotta myself, so I can see where you're coming from there. Not sure if I can trade over my Deoxys either, since a friend had to AR it for me since the event was so far away... hope it works though.

Did some checking and you don't have to have all of them to complete it, since some Pokemon could be only gotten at events.

link to more info about it

Disclaimer: from marriland.com

Um, what?

This makes no sense at all... do you even know what RNG abuse is? It's literally impossible for an RNG to mess up your game. Additionally, if you get an RNGed Pokemon, odds are it's flawless and already has a desirable nature. Using one to then breed something traditionally will generally result in poorer IVs than the original parent.

Also, if you get a flawless Pokemon off the GTS, odds are it's hacked, not RNGed.

O.O oh! I had pokechecked it and it said that it was fine, but because I tend to be a little paranoid I needed to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    It's a Hayley Mew from Pokemon Ranch. It's an event, hence the Cherish Ball and ID.
    I thought all cherish ball event pokes came with some sort of ribbon?
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    I thought all cherish ball event pokes came with some sort of ribbon?
    The majority do, but Haley's Mew is one of the exceptions.

O.O oh! I had pokechecked it and it said that it was fine, but because I tend to be a little paranoid I needed to double check.
    If Pokecheck says it's fine, it is. Or at least, it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater View Post
    http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=2024500
    http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=1342787
    http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=1672441

Are those hacked? I know Shiny Mew can only happen in Japanese Emerald games, which both of those are from according to the analysis.
    The first one is obviously hacked, if the second one is OT: Gio then it's also hacked, and I wouldn't trust the third one.

Page 368 of 444 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast