Page 394 of 428 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 10679

Thread: Hack-Check Thread

  1. #9826
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Blunder View Post
    Wow, really? So I'm stressing myself over nothing?
    Pretty much. Occasionally, some jackass who doesn't know how to handle an AR or really sucks with using pokegen will get themselves a bad egg, but that is on them. As long as you don't hack anything yourself, your save file will be fine. Even if you have hacked pokemon, the game will not self destruct, nothing will happen really, unless you go to a tournament, but you said you don't, so you really have nothing to worry about.

    Of course, if you plan to trade these pokemon around, then you need to make sure you don't intentionally trade hacks because you can be banned from the forums, but in terms of your personal game, nothing will happen.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  2. #9827
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Blunder View Post
    Oh, I don't care about legality; I don't compete in tournaments.
    Then why the hell are you posting in this thread?

  3. #9828
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Then why the hell are you posting in this thread?
    ...beeeeeeecause I was searching for a source to help me find out if I had hacked Pokemon, and this was the most informative source?

    And it was very helpful for the problem I was having?

    Did I do something wrong?

  4. #9829
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Divine Comedy
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Blunder View Post
    ...beeeeeeecause I was searching for a source to help me find out if I had hacked Pokemon, and this was the most informative source?

    And it was very helpful for the problem I was having?

    Did I do something wrong?
    Seems pretty legit to me.

    The main purpose of this forum is to make sure that hacked Pokémon aren't on the game file for tournament checks, but I would suppose it's also a good place to find out about them for curiosity sake..
    II
    Still back for more.

    Pokemon X Playthrough:
    Elite Four - Hall of Fame Team: Greninja, , Aeigislash, , Tyrantrum,
    Additionally Parts of Rotation Team: Talonflame, Vivillon, , Goodra, Diggersby,
    Honorable Mentions: , , (1st shiny ever!!), (shiny)
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173




    Credit to Robert

  5. #9830
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    why does people keep saying stuff is legit...nothing is legit unless you catch it or breed it yourself end of story -_- legal is the term for hack checking...also yes hacked pokemon can mess up your game bad...

    DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

  6. #9831
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England - United Kingdom
    Posts
    249

    Default

    The guy clearly doesn't know the difference between "legal" and "legit", rather than just confusing him, why not just tell him the difference?

    Legit - Pokémon was acquired by official means (in-game/event/side-game) without any use of hacks/cheating

    Legal - Pokémon could have been acquired by official means (in-game/event/side-game) without any use of hacks/cheating, but wasn't necessarily

    So all legit pokémon are legal but not all legal pokémon are legit

    So "legitness" is a lot harder to determine that legalilty. The only way to know for sure a pokémon is legit is to see the being aquired for yourself. The only thing we can do in this thread is tell you whether or not a Pokémon is illegal (and therefore definitely hacked), we can't tell you if a Pokémon is legit
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

    Friend Safari: Psychic

    Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

  7. #9832
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    why does people keep saying stuff is legit...nothing is legit unless you catch it or breed it yourself end of story -_- legal is the term for hack checking...also yes hacked pokemon can mess up your game bad...
    Hacking pokemon yourself can cause some damage/produce bad eggs, simply having hacked pokemon doesn't.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 19th July 2013 at 9:16 PM.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51
    Pokemon Y Shiny Value: 2256

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitemare667 (from Gamefaqs)
    This is why aliens avoid our planet

  8. #9833
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Thank you all for the information you've given me.

    I remembered from some time ago that a friend had a list of ID Numbers that were "obvious" signs of hacking, so that's why I was curious to find out. But if I'm reading this correctly, since the Pokemon were traded to me, and not created by me, then that means that, hacked or not, they won't screw up my game save. Is that right?

    As for the whole 'legality' thing, if I were to compete, I would make certain that I only used Pokemon that I had caught and raised myself. More of a pride thing than to make sure that they were legally acceptable, right?

    Anyway, thank you all for the help, and I'm sorry if I was posting in the wrong forum/thread, but you all seriously helped me out! Thanks again!

  9. #9834
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,305

    Default

    There are no obvious ID numbers associated with hacking anymore, bar the obvious IDs that are higher than 65535, since any combination of numbers between and including 0-65535 is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    why does people keep saying stuff is legit...nothing is legit unless you catch it or breed it yourself end of story -_- legal is the term for hack checking...also yes hacked pokemon can mess up your game bad...
    ... what?

    Any Pokemon caught without any external modifications is legitimate.

  10. #9835
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England - United Kingdom
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicx33 View Post
    I have an arceus which seems to match the details given out for the Japanese movie except for the name and nickname which is arceus in English but the ot is Japanese. the date received is January 25 2013. is this legit?
    No. If it's Japanese event, it'd have a Japanese nickname
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

    Friend Safari: Psychic

    Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

  11. #9836
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicx33 View Post
    darkrai met and caught at lv40 with masterball and ot is the person who traded me, legit? person who traded me says he/she received through poke transfer.
    There is a form on the first page in the OP for a reason you know.

    That notwithstanding, there have been no Darkrai distributed at lvl 40 as far as I can recall, so it's hacked.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  12. #9837
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    No
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    There is a form on the first page in the OP for a reason you know.

    That notwithstanding, there have been no Darkrai distributed at lvl 40 as far as I can recall, so it's hacked.
    The Newmoon Island Darkrai from Diamond and Pearl can be level 40, but the Member Card was only distributed to Platinum. I'm not sure if DP Newmoon Darkrai/non-fateful Flower Paradise Shaymin count as legit though.


    I have Kyuremnite.
    Hint: It doesn't actually exist.
    I have claimed Aromatisse~
    Ship all the weird ships!

    -- AegislashShipping is my OTP. --
    -- LacewoodShipping and KingsRockShipping are my NOtps. --

  13. #9838
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Poke- JIRACHI
    Nickname- NONE
    OT- WISHMKR
    ID No.- 20043
    Shiny? Yes
    Ribbons- None
    Moves- Wish, Confusion, Rest
    IV's- 1/20/29/29/3/25
    Report- Everything's Green and fine except for the Huge "UNKNOWN GBA PID"
    Notes- None except that I'm gonna cry...
    Last edited by Sobe0047; 20th July 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Rebuilding... From Emerald on Up...
    HeartofGold Complete
    Now Playing - Black

    Trading between D/P/Plat/HG/SS, And Black (1) only. (Will change soon)
    I have any Item you need.
    -Master Balls
    -Ev Boosting Items (Power Band, Power Lens, etc.)
    -Spreadable PKRS Infected Starter Pokes
    -All Stones
    -Berries
    -Rare Candies
    -Evolution Items

    and much much more.
    Looking for untouched LEGIT Events or Unwanted Shinies and Legends.
    PM Me with your requests and offers.


    Pokemon Heart of Gold FC
    : 1207-0706-5664
    Pokemon Black FC: NA ATM
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/33yi0s0.png[/IMG] <-- Free Hellsing Episodes. Click Me.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2cwphy8.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2uz47cm.png[/IMG]

  14. #9839
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    The Newmoon Island Darkrai from Diamond and Pearl can be level 40, but the Member Card was only distributed to Platinum. I'm not sure if DP Newmoon Darkrai/non-fateful Flower Paradise Shaymin count as legit though.
    Glitchmons are not considered legal, not for purposes of trading on the forums and not for official competitions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sobe0047 View Post
    Poke- JIRACHI
    Nickname- NONE
    OT- WISHMKR
    ID No.- 20043
    Shiny? Yes
    Ribbons- None
    Moves- Wish, Confusion, Rest
    IV's- 1/20/29/29/3/25
    Report- Everything Green and fine except for the Huge "UNKNOWN GBA PID"
    Notes- None except that I'm gonna cry...
    WISHMKR Jirachi has a known and well established generation method, Unknown GBA PID means it is definitely hacked.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  15. #9840
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    glitchmons are not considered legal, not for purposes of trading on the forums and not for official competitions.



    Wishmkr jirachi has a known and well established generation method, unknown gba pid means it is definitely hacked.
    muuuuur!
    Delete with all of my might!!!11! T_T#
    Rebuilding... From Emerald on Up...
    HeartofGold Complete
    Now Playing - Black

    Trading between D/P/Plat/HG/SS, And Black (1) only. (Will change soon)
    I have any Item you need.
    -Master Balls
    -Ev Boosting Items (Power Band, Power Lens, etc.)
    -Spreadable PKRS Infected Starter Pokes
    -All Stones
    -Berries
    -Rare Candies
    -Evolution Items

    and much much more.
    Looking for untouched LEGIT Events or Unwanted Shinies and Legends.
    PM Me with your requests and offers.


    Pokemon Heart of Gold FC
    : 1207-0706-5664
    Pokemon Black FC: NA ATM
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/33yi0s0.png[/IMG] <-- Free Hellsing Episodes. Click Me.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2cwphy8.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2uz47cm.png[/IMG]

  16. #9841
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    The Newmoon Island Darkrai from Diamond and Pearl can be level 40, but the Member Card was only distributed to Platinum. I'm not sure if DP Newmoon Darkrai/non-fateful Flower Paradise Shaymin count as legit though.
    shaymin was distributed in all three games but its at lv. 30 so its only legal if it matches up but its hard to tell now these days since that release has been released...as for darkrai glitched darkrai's don't count...platinum is the only way to get it if you had that distribute item....

    DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

  17. #9842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    shaymin was distributed in all three games but its at lv. 30 so its only legal if it matches up but its hard to tell now these days since that release has been released...as for darkrai glitched darkrai's don't count...platinum is the only way to get it if you had that distribute item....
    It wasn't distributed in all three games, as far as event items go. Only Platinum because that's the one with Fateful Encounter, allowing people to get Sky Forme Shaymin.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  18. #9843
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I got a few shinies off the GTS and wonder if any of them are legit.

    Eevee
    OT: JOHN
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno: 09133
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: /
    IV's: /
    Nature: Lonely
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ability: Run Away
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand Attack
    Level Caught at: 10
    Current Level: 10
    Stats: 19 / 14 / 14 / 21 / 16
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Egg?: Unknown, I suspect it being hatched somewhere in Hoenn.
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Any other notes?: Since I transferred this Eevee from my Diamond game to Black 2 I can't check what level it originally was.

    Mighyena
    OT: ADAM
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno: 26258
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: /
    IV's: /
    Nature: Lonely
    Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite
    Level Caught at: Arrived at level 37 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
    Current Level: 38
    Stats: 84 / 55 / 58 / 53 / 67
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
    Any other notes?: Japanese, Has Pokerus.

    Lucario
    OT: LOCKERZ
    OT Gender: Female
    IDno: 58067
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: /
    IV's: /
    Nature: Quiet
    Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Extremespeed
    Level Caught at: Arrived at level 51 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
    Current Level: 51
    Stats: 136 / 96 / 168 / 104 / 115
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: No.
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
    Any other notes?: Had Pokerus.

  19. #9844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Bowser View Post
    I got a few shinies off the GTS and wonder if any of them are legit.

    Eevee
    OT: JOHN
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno: 09133
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: /
    IV's: /
    Nature: Lonely
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ability: Run Away
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand Attack
    Level Caught at: 10
    Current Level: 10
    Stats: 19 / 14 / 14 / 21 / 16
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Egg?: Unknown, I suspect it being hatched somewhere in Hoenn.
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Any other notes?: Since I transferred this Eevee from my Diamond game to Black 2 I can't check what level it originally was.

    Mighyena
    OT: ADAM
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno: 26258
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: /
    IV's: /
    Nature: Lonely
    Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite
    Level Caught at: Arrived at level 37 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
    Current Level: 38
    Stats: 84 / 55 / 58 / 53 / 67
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
    Any other notes?: Japanese, Has Pokerus.

    Lucario
    OT: LOCKERZ
    OT Gender: Female
    IDno: 58067
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: /
    IV's: /
    Nature: Quiet
    Characteristic: Somewhat of a clown
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Extremespeed
    Level Caught at: Arrived at level 51 in my Black 2 game (Transferred from Diamond)
    Current Level: 51
    Stats: 136 / 96 / 168 / 104 / 115
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: No.
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
    Any other notes?: Had Pokerus.
    Not quite sure about the first two (don't see anything particularly wrong with them, but I'm not sure), but Lucario is definitely hacked.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  20. #9845
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    It wasn't distributed in all three games, as far as event items go. Only Platinum because that's the one with Fateful Encounter, allowing people to get Sky Forme Shaymin.
    why does bulbpedia say it >.> i thought you get the oak letter distribute? i got it in my platinum version....

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...r#Distribution

    DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

  21. #9846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    why does bulpdepdia say it >.> i thought you get the oak letter distribute? i got it in my platinum version....
    You can only legitimately get it in Platinum, though it's in all three games.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  22. #9847
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    You can only legitimately get it in Platinum, though it's in all three games.
    that is what im saying you can get shaymin legally by using the oak letter distribute...

    also here you go

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...e#Pok.C3.A9mon

    it shows all three games but i do recall i thought it was only platnium...which makes me confused...

    edit wait if you read above on the thing there it is on the first link i gave about the oak letter its only platium my bad...i hate how bulbpedia confuses me to death...so yes only platinum is legal...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 21st July 2013 at 8:16 PM.

    DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

  23. #9848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    that is what im saying you can get shaymin legally by using the oak letter distribute...
    Your first post said that it was available in all three games. And I said, while it exists in all three games, it was only released in Platinum. Only Shaymin from Platinum have the fateful encounter flags, making ones without it not legal. I'm not sure what your confusion is.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  24. #9849
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Your first post said that it was available in all three games. And I said, while it exists in all three games, it was only released in Platinum. Only Shaymin from Platinum have the fateful encounter flags, making ones without it not legal. I'm not sure what your confusion is.
    mostly bulbpedia's layout they didn't organize the layout correctly so i got confused...its fine though i fixed my post up there ^

    DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

  25. #9850
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Pokemon Species: Mew
    Nickname: It's in Japanese
    OT: Japanese.
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Well it's Mew.
    IDno: 50716
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: (if known) No idea what that is.
    IV's: (if known) No idea what that is.
    Nature: Quirky
    Characteristic: Highly Curious
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Baton Pass.
    Level Caught at: Arrived a lvl 10
    Current Level: I leveled it to 87
    Stats: Attack: 207, defense 196, sp. atk 212, sp. def 185, speed 212.
    Location Caught: After a long travel through time, Hoenn.
    Egg?: wut?
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball.
    Any other notes?: Was caught 10/7,2010.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Page 394 of 428 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •