Page 4 of 449 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Hack-Check Thread

By 'careful' I meant carefully type in the codes or download them. Get the codes from good sites - there are ways to easily evaluate whether a site is valid or not. Using an AR or other cheating device - I know you're taking a risk.
    As for how I hack...
    1. I don't hack until I've beaten the Elite Four at least twice, and tried to capture every legendary on the game, and tried to hatch shiny Pokemon or search GTS.
    2. I love legendaries and shinys. (But don't we all?)
    3. I, for one, don't cheat that often, and often times I give hacked Pokemon away to those who want them.
    So, that's my argument, but it may only apply to me and a few others. (Plus, I would never use hacked Pokemon in an official championship.)
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

[IMG]http://oi54.*******.com/11si77q.jpg[/IMG]

Hacking is something that gets a rap. Hacked pokemon can be very cheap or they can just be something to make the game more fun for you. People have made insanely strong pokemon and some people just like to run through things and catch Gary's pokemon for the lolz. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yang_Wolf View Post
    By 'careful' I meant carefully type in the codes or download them. Get the codes from good sites - there are ways to easily evaluate whether a site is valid or not. Using an AR or other cheating device - I know you're taking a risk.
    As for how I hack...
    1. I don't hack until I've beaten the Elite Four at least twice, and tried to capture every legendary on the game, and tried to hatch shiny Pokemon or search GTS.
    Regardless the reason, it is still cheating and when you paid money for the game you were paying gamefreak for the product which they spent countless hours creating for your enjoyment. I hardly think they want you to be manipulating their game for such trivial things. Its just sort of disrespectful to the people who brought you the game in the first place
    2. I love legendaries and shinys. (But don't we all?)
    Of Course i like legendaries but using them is just cheap and way too easy. It shows a real lack of creativity when it comes to battling. Spamming everybody with super powerful attacks from pokemon that are just statistically superior is lame.
    3. I, for one, don't cheat that often, and often times I give hacked Pokemon away to those who want them.
    Thats all good and well but like i said earlier, i do find some reasons for hacking to be logical like say you have no wifi and cant get a pokemon that is only available through an event but i just dont personally agree with it.

So, that's my argument, but it may only apply to me and a few others. (Plus, I would never use hacked Pokemon in an official championship.)

Answers in Bold.

Again, I'm not a big-time cheater, and I bought my AR fairly recently. A few months back, so I don't hack a lot of games, and I don't think I'll hack B&W at all. I had my fun with HG and Platinum. Don't tell me I disrespect Gamefreak. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but understand my point, and the fact that I don't cheat big-time.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

I also only used it to battle the event pkmn, but you already said that you find that a bit rasonable, and i for one, dont spam legendaries... I spam starters and overlooked pokemon.

Again, I'm not a big-time cheater, and I bought my AR fairly recently. A few months back, so I don't hack a lot of games, and I don't think I'll hack B&W at all. I had my fun with HG and Platinum. Don't tell me I disrespect Gamefreak. It's fine if you don't agree with it, but understand my point, and the fact that I don't cheat big-time.

Hacking their game is Disrespectful, doesnt matter how you slice it. You keep trying to justify your hacking because you only do it a little bit lol and you dont seem to understand that in my eyes it doesnt change my opinion. Just because you do something a little bit doesnt make it ok.

I only steal sometimes so because im not doing it all the time, those few times that i do are now justified and righteous right? See the failed logic?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaindix View Post
    I also only used it to battle the event pkmn, but you already said that you find that a bit rasonable, and i for one, dont spam legendaries... I spam starters and overlooked pokemon.
    Yes and why i dont agree with doing that myself, i can see the point of doing so for some people. Noting wrong with starters and overlooked pokemon
    Last edited by Fan; 19th March 2011 at 5:29 AM.

The problem with hacking is that it is essentially taking a shortcut in many aspects. For example, getting stuff with perfect Natures as well as perfect IVs and perfect Hidden Power IVs (if required), shinies that some people soft reset for thousands of times over. Competitively when it comes to IVs, Natures and whatnot, it is a slap in the face to people who spend a very long time IV breeding their Pokemon to perfection (not what I do since I just breed for the IVs that matter to me (Attack and Speed for a Physical sweeper for example) and I try to avoid Hidden Powers since they're a pain in the neck to get with a good type and base power while still maintaining a good IV spread for the Pokemon) and resetting for Legendaries that have perfect IVs. From a trade standpoint, you're essentially ripping someone off when you're trading something that is hacked for something that is probably a very rare event Pokemon or something someone spent a very long time IV breeding to perfection. I for one wouldn't knowingly trade a hacked Pokemon for a legitimately obtained one. If I were to trade a hacked one as in one cleverly disguised as a legit one then it isn't my fault. Whoever traded it to me in the first place would be the one at fault. When it comes to an obviously hacked Pokemon, I would know if it's hacked and would definately not trade it.

If it were for say the fact you didn't have WiFi for a WiFi event or lived hours away from an in-life event then it would probably be understandable. Not necessarily justifyable though since it is still hacking.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

In the long run though, i dont let it bother me too much seeing those who hack pokemon because after all it is a childrens video game and alot of the fan base are going to act...well childish.

While i consider hacking for shinies and other trivial matters very immature Also showing a poor work ethic where the hacker wants everything handed to him with no effort on his or her part. I just dont really expect much more, kids grow up, and learn it really isnt cool like they thought. Its all just a maturity and laziness issue imo(barring the no wifi issue which is a seperate case)

Pokemon, as in life as well. All things can be bought, as in real life. I don't want to get into this discussion, but I will say that there are a few instances in which it is useful. That's it, and now we can all agree to disagree? I am neither for nor against it

Lol ive been at i dont give a **** stand point from the beginning but that guy decided to take offense to my statement not directed at anybody(guilty conscious maybe lol) anid then try to give me orders so figured id say a little more. I agree though, its a pointless discussion seeing as nobody is going to change how they do things regardless

Lol, well I think it's just a part of pokelife. I'll be more than happy to offer my opinion on hacked pokemon here regardless

I agree but i also think it shouldnt be. It just devalues legitimate pokemon but thats a discussion for another day and a different place. I suppose its best we just stay on topic

Agreed Fan and so we shall lol. Someone give me pokes to judge! :K

My metagross in page 3 XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus21 View Post
    My metagross in page 3 XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidus21 View Post
    I got this through the gts and wanna see if it's legit or hacked =/

Metagross
    OT: nimz
    OT gender: red
    ID: 36737
    Shiny: yes
    Nature: hardy
    Characterizes: steel, psychic
    Ability: clear body
    Moves: hammer arm, meteor mash, zen headbutt,hyper beam
    Level caught: arrived at 98
    Now:100
    Stats: hp-302
    Attack-326
    Defense: 284
    Sp.attack- 219
    Sp def-225
    Speed-171
    Masterball =/
    It seems legit.
    Don't judge me or my life choices unless you know and understand the reasons behind them.

That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?
    Well it is shiny and Beldum has the same catch rate as most of the difficult to capture Legendaries. Still, for all we know, the original trainer could have simply used a shiny cheat or something to make it appear shiny or it could well be legitimate.

Its extremely hard to chain in sandstorm, or at least harder than usual, AND Beldum has a capture rate of 3. Would you use a masterball on a shiny legendary that only has struggle and would kill itself eventuallly? Beldums only know Take Down, so its perfectly logical to NOT miss the chance to catch it with a Master Ball. Legit.
    EDIT: Ninja'd a bit.

Ah I forgot about the take down factor. Thank you for correcting me

I got a Shiny Lugia() online, and i'm wondering if it's Hacked or not...

Name: LUGIA
    OT: Viro
    ID No. 04579
    Exp. Points: 1250000
    Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Adamant
    Types: Psychc/Flying
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Giga Impact, Sky Attack, Aeroblast, Future Sight
    Level Caught: arrived at Lv. 100.
    HP: 349
    Attack: 204
    Defense: 279
    S.Att: 170
    S.Def: 334
    Speed: 245
    Caught With: Master Ball.

Is it Legit? Or Hacked?

Masterballs where quite easy to come by in the 4th gen games. Just trade with enough people to get a large spread of OT numbers, then play the lottery each day. I got a masterball in platinum on average once every 10 days or so. Very useful when hunting shinies.

Name: Bulbasaur
    OT: RAZIA
    ID No. 24977
    Exp. Points: 164
    Nature: Brave
    Types: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Tackle, Growl
    Level Caught: Apparently arrived at Lv. 4
    HP: 20
    Attack: 12
    Defense: 11
    S.Att: 11
    S.Def: 11
    Speed: 8
    Caught With: Masterball

Name: Oshawott
    OT: (Japanese Name)
    ID No. 03655
    Exp. Points: 240
    Nature: Calm
    Types: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
    Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
    HP: 25
    S.Att: 15
    S.Def: 12
    Speed: 12
    Caught With: Pokeball.

are these hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by lewey1988 View Post
    Name: Bulbasaur
    OT: RAZIA
    ID No. 24977
    Exp. Points: 164
    Nature: Brave
    Types: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Tackle, Growl
    Level Caught: Apparently arrived at Lv. 4
    HP: 20
    S.Att: 11
    S.Def: 11
    Speed: 8
    Caught With: Masterball

Name: Oshawott
    OT: (Japanese Name)
    ID No. 03655
    Exp. Points: 240
    Nature: Calm
    Types: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
    Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
    HP: 25
    S.Att: 15
    S.Def: 12
    Speed: 12
    Caught With: Pokeball.

are these hacked?
    The first one is. Any starter caught in a master ball is a hack.

Pokemon Species:Zoroark
    Nickname: Zoroark in Japanese
    OT: Japanese
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno:05747
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: (if known) Unknown
    IV's: (if known) Unknown
    Nature: Timid
    Characteristic: Often Dozes Off
    Ability: Illusion
    Moves: Dark Pulse/Fake Tears/Punishment/Nasty plot
    Level Caught at: 1
    Current Level: 57
    Stats: 153/128/83/143/87/146
    Location Caught: Route 3
    Egg?:yes
    Pokeball Caught In:
    Any other notes?:

In reply to Fan and Final
    I hacked a few legendaries and regular Pokemon because I was having zero luck with hatching and restarts. I'm not going around trying to win using these legendaries. I often keep them in my PC boxes or use them because I need them. I never hack natures or EVs and IVs. Just a Pokemon. It's not illegal or disrespectful, they couldn't sell them in big-time Gamestops if they were.
    I do think we should just agree to disagree (Thank-you, Hydrogen.)
    I was just curious about why people hate hacked Pokemon, and I end up with several people after me on it...

Page 4 of 449 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast