Page 401 of 455 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 11361

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

  1. #10001
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    I typically stay away from competitive battles and stick to collecting the Pokémon. Occasionally I will find an interesting Pokémon or two, but like I found out today, they are sometimes hacked
    please understand that logic statement made no sense what does competitive battling have to do with being legal either way collecting or not hack stuff will always come back to being illegal and guys come on this is a hack check thread not a discussion thread...

  2. #10002
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    Yes, but if a Pokémon is conceived by hacked/illegitimate genitals, then it is seen as only half-legit. Another way to look at half-legit is to say that if anyone knew, they would frown immediately.
    That's not how it works, if you take 2 hacked pokemon and breed them, the game is making the egg for you regardless of the fact that the two parents are hacked. So really, the egg is about as legit and legal as can be (unless the egg has illegal egg moves).

    The only way for it to be considered hacked is if the player decided to bend the frameworks of the game's rules to create a certain egg (for doing something as stupid as getting a Latios egg from a male Snorlax and a female Snorlax).

  3. #10003
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    That's not how it works, if you take 2 hacked pokemon and breed them, the game is making the egg for you regardless of the fact that the two parents are hacked. So really, the egg is about as legit and legal as can be (unless the egg has illegal egg moves).

    The only way for it to be considered hacked is if the player decided to bend the frameworks of the game's rules to create a certain egg (for doing something as stupid as getting a Latios egg from a male Snorlax and a female Snorlax).
    I stand corrected I figured that the IVs, Nature, and Shiny status were determined by the parents, therefore giving an unfair advantage to those knowledgeable enough to manipulate the Pokémon games' breeding algorithm.

  4. #10004
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cardiff,UK
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Is there a thread we CAN discuss this in?
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:


    Omega Ruby Team:


    Alpha Saphire Team:

  5. #10005
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeargle1987 View Post
    Is there a thread we CAN discuss this in?
    You could start one in the Pokémon Black and White Games Discussion section if you feel so inclined

  6. #10006
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cardiff,UK
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    You could start one in the Pokémon Black and White Games Discussion section if you feel so inclined
    Maybe it should be in a more General area as it encompasses all the games with the breeding mechanic that can be hacked?
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:


    Omega Ruby Team:


    Alpha Saphire Team:

  7. #10007
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeargle1987 View Post
    Maybe it should be in a more General area as it encompasses all the games with the breeding mechanic that can be hacked?
    Sure, but we really are getting off-topic now. I think it would be appropriate to return this topic back to its original purpose ;P

  8. #10008
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    I stand corrected I figured that the IVs, Nature, and Shiny status were determined by the parents, therefore giving an unfair advantage to those knowledgeable enough to manipulate the Pokémon games' breeding algorithm.
    IVs are partially determined by the parents, but since there are no restrictions on IVs, that doesn't give any inherently unfair advantages.

  9. #10009
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Sure, but we really are getting off-topic now
    This. Please get back to the topic at hand - that is, reporting people who've traded you hacks, rather than discussing your past history of hacked Pokemon or the like.

    Please also remain civil. No need to tell others they have a poor grasp of logic or have moronic posts or whatnot.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 21st August 2013 at 3:44 AM.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.


  10. #10010

    Default

    Anything with [OT: Kurt] sourced from me is not hacked. That ID is my emulator JP BW, and we all know you can't encounter Lati@s in those games.

    It's best to check Pokecheck as everything that I've RNG'd or distributed is public. My gen 4 stuff has been featured on a bunch of GTS servers so they're pretty widespread; plus I put out pkm's

    regarding WISHMKR; I figured out how they come to be so I saved myself time by cutting corners. They're 100% identical to what I would have gotten had I spent the time brute forcing save files (I have the bonus disc).

  11. #10011
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    I just go this shiny Zangoose from the gts negotiations, and I need it to be checked please!
    Thanks in advance!

    Pokemon Species: Zangoose
    Nickname: (some Japanese)
    OT: also Japanese
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) red
    IDno: 51962
    Shiny?: yes
    EV's: unknown
    IV's: unknown
    Nature: mild
    Characteristic: Often lost in thought
    Ability: immunity
    Moves: brick break, close combat, x-scissor, swords dance
    Level Caught at: ?
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: HP:263
    Att:266
    Def:127
    Sp.Att: 168
    Sp.Def: 143
    Speed: 192
    Location Caught: "Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at lv. 100"
    Pokeball Caught In: Master ball
    Looking for someone to clone my shinies! I'll let you keep a copy of each!
    Bananaman73's Shinies: I'm always looking for more!


    Friend Codes:
    3DS: 1435-4394-3589
    White: 0647-5488-9811
    Black 2: 2151-5988-5209

  12. #10012
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman73 View Post
    I just go this shiny Zangoose from the gts negotiations, and I need it to be checked please!
    Thanks in advance!

    Pokemon Species: Zangoose
    Nickname: (some Japanese)
    OT: also Japanese
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) red
    IDno: 51962
    Shiny?: yes
    EV's: unknown
    IV's: unknown
    Nature: mild
    Characteristic: Often lost in thought
    Ability: immunity
    Moves: brick break, close combat, x-scissor, swords dance
    Level Caught at: ?
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: HP:263
    Att:266
    Def:127
    Sp.Att: 168
    Sp.Def: 143
    Speed: 192
    Location Caught: "Sinnoh, Apparently arrived at lv. 100"
    Pokeball Caught In: Master ball
    It seems okay. Zangoose could be caught in Sinnoh, can learn all those moves. Someone probably found it and had a master ball, so used that. looks good.


    I'm not on much anymore...

  13. #10013
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Thanks so much!
    Looking for someone to clone my shinies! I'll let you keep a copy of each!
    Bananaman73's Shinies: I'm always looking for more!


    Friend Codes:
    3DS: 1435-4394-3589
    White: 0647-5488-9811
    Black 2: 2151-5988-5209

  14. #10014
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Pokemon Species: Landorus
    Nickname: Landorus
    OT: MATTHEW
    OT Gender: male
    IDno: 22013
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: unknown
    IV's: unknown
    Nature: Impish
    Characteristic: Likes to fight.
    Ability: Sand Force
    Moves: Stone Edge/Earthquake/Outrage/Fissure
    Level Caught at: 70
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: 291/280/226/225/166/210
    Location Caught: Abundant Shrine
    Pokeball Caught In: Master ball
    Other notes: Traded for Torchic in GTS

    Just wanted to make sure.
    My current (Would-be) Team



    Yup, pretty borderline.

  15. #10015
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzan View Post
    Pokemon Species: Landorus
    Nickname: Landorus
    OT: MATTHEW
    OT Gender: male
    IDno: 22013
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: unknown
    IV's: unknown
    Nature: Impish
    Characteristic: Likes to fight.
    Ability: Sand Force
    Moves: Stone Edge/Earthquake/Outrage/Fissure
    Level Caught at: 70
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: 291/280/226/225/166/210
    Location Caught: Abundant Shrine
    Pokeball Caught In: Master ball
    Other notes: Traded for Torchic in GTS

    Just wanted to make sure.
    I can't see nothing wrong with of what you listed i can be catched at lv. 70 abundant shrine, all moves can be learned, ability is fine...from what you listed it looks legal to me but trading for a torchic seems a bit weird but whatever...correct me if im wrong anyone...

  16. #10016
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8

    Question

    Pokemon Species: Shaymin (Land Forme)
    Nickname: SHAYMIN (as far as I know this is just the way it came? I don't think it's a nickname, though)
    OT: Film11
    OT Gender: Blue
    IDno: 04019
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: untouched
    IV's: not sure
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball
    Level Caught at: 50
    Current Level: 50
    Stats: atk 100, def 118, sp.atk 132, sp.def 120, spd 109
    Location Caught: Pokémon event, fateful encounter
    Egg?: no
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
    Any other notes?: Traded a UT 2008 GameStop English Deoxys for it

  17. #10017
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100percent View Post
    Pokemon Species: Shaymin (Land Forme)
    Nickname: SHAYMIN (as far as I know this is just the way it came? I don't think it's a nickname, though)
    OT: Film11
    OT Gender: Blue
    IDno: 04019
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: untouched
    IV's: not sure
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball
    Level Caught at: 50
    Current Level: 50
    Stats: atk 100, def 118, sp.atk 132, sp.def 120, spd 109
    Location Caught: Pokémon event, fateful encounter
    Egg?: no
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
    Any other notes?: Traded a UT 2008 GameStop English Deoxys for it
    Stats include HP, too.

    It appears legal on the surface. The IVs are a bit high (xx/14-14/26-27/31/30-31/8-9) but that in and of itself means nothing really, so it looks legal on the surface.

    P.S. It should also have a classic ribbon from the event, double check to make sure that it does.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  18. #10018
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Doesn't appear on Pokecheck, and it looks legal at a glance.

  19. #10019
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Stats include HP, too.

    It appears legal on the surface. The IVs are a bit high (xx/14-14/26-27/31/30-31/8-9) but that in and of itself means nothing really, so it looks legal on the surface.

    P.S. It should also have a classic ribbon from the event, double check to make sure that it does.
    Yeah it has a classic ribbon. The HP stat is 170.

  20. #10020
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Legal .

  21. #10021
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Awesome!

  22. #10022
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Shiny Numel that was "met at level 53" Seafoam Islands- is it anyway possible? There is no mention of an egg or anything... Is it hacked?
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

    Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

    Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):



  23. #10023
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blasting Toise View Post
    Shiny Numel that was "met at level 53" Seafoam Islands- is it anyway possible? There is no mention of an egg or anything... Is it hacked?
    Yes but for future reference (and for accuracy's sake):
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Be sure to follow all other rules and use this form when posting:
    Pokemon Species:
    Nickname:
    OT:
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
    IDno:
    Shiny?:
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known)
    Nature:
    Characteristic:
    Ability:
    Moves:
    Level Caught at:
    Current Level:
    Stats:
    Location Caught:
    Egg?:
    Pokeball Caught In:
    Any other notes?:
    ^Use this for future posts so we have more to go on to see if something is definitely wrong. Thank you.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  24. #10024
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blasting Toise View Post
    Shiny Numel that was "met at level 53" Seafoam Islands- is it anyway possible? There is no mention of an egg or anything... Is it hacked?
    Hacked, definitely. To be more specific, it was caught using a cheat.

    It belonged to a trainer in Blaine's HG/SS Gym, which is in Seafoam.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  25. #10025
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Hacked, definitely. To be more specific, it was caught using a cheat.

    It belonged to a trainer in Blaine's HG/SS Gym, which is in Seafoam.
    I don't recall encountering any Numel in the Seafoam in my HG game, so I'm guessing that this statement is right. Since it's shiny, some one definitely hacked a lot.
    DIE, PIKACHU. DIE.
    (Yes, I do hate Pikachu...)
    My White 2 Friend Code: 2194 5852 2842

Page 401 of 455 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •