Page 433 of 449 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 11220

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

A 6IV Keldeo is perfectly fine. Gen 4 was the last gen where there were any IV restrictions on what could be caught/obtained via wondercards.

As a (three time?) World Champion, he sets the standard and needs to be a good example for everyone else. If he gets away with doing even a harmless hack like a ball, then other players who look up to him will think it's okay for them to hack as well.
    People have hacked in official tournaments for years. At least the Dream Ball was (supposedly) just from a hacked parent or something and didn't affect anything substantial.

I recall at some point in either the late 2000s or early 2010s an infamous PokeSav'd Metagross that was floating around that was used by several people in the VGCs or something.

Official hack checks are terrible, they always have been. Whether its the laughable hack-protection featured for PokeTransporter or other parts, they've never been thorough period and just barely even look for things a human does (illegal balls, etc).

They never account for actual bits of data (which is why illegal HA Pokemon were transferable, though to my knowledge they fixed this). Heck, the most "thorough" their hack checks ever got for data investigating... is that PokeTransporter blocks out anything with 255 EVs in a stat. 252 is fine. 253-255 is not. Not sure why...

(his FB post made me laugh, though. How many times did he have to convince himself by having every fifth word be "legit", "legitly", "legitimately", or other variants...?)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevenant View Post
    A 6IV Keldeo is perfectly fine. Gen 4 was the last gen where there were any IV restrictions on what could be caught/obtained via wondercards.

People have hacked in official tournaments for years. At least the Dream Ball was (supposedly) just from a hacked parent or something and didn't affect anything substantial.

I recall at some point in either the late 2000s or early 2010s an infamous PokeSav'd Metagross that was floating around that was used by several people in the VGCs or something.

Official hack checks are terrible, they always have been. Whether its the laughable hack-protection featured for PokeTransporter or other parts, they've never been thorough period and just barely even look for things a human does (illegal balls, etc).

They never account for actual bits of data (which is why illegal HA Pokemon were transferable, though to my knowledge they fixed this). Heck, the most "thorough" their hack checks ever got for data investigating... is that PokeTransporter blocks out anything with 255 EVs in a stat. 252 is fine. 253-255 is not. Not sure why...

(his FB post made me laugh, though. How many times did he have to convince himself by having every fifth word be "legit", "legitly", "legitimately", or other variants...?)
    Nintendo seriously needs to hire the people in this thread to do their tournament Hack-checking for them.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I posted Shiny Genesect's stats in previous page. Everything else was fine(IVs, moves, level, nature, ribbon etc.), but nickname wasn't legit so it was hacked. All pokemons can be hacked with enough effort.

I got shiny 6IV Darkrai with wrong nature from trade in White 2. I used pokecheck to check stats and it was hacked. Unfortunately Darkrai passed through pokebank and I released that Darkrai in my Pokemon X game.

There was a tournament in last summer(Global Link), before Pokemon X/Y released. Legendary/special pokemons was allowed to use in that tournament. They announced tournament results too late. Because they detected a lot of hacked pokemons, but Pokebank wasn't able to detect most of hacked pokemons.

I agree with Varanus. Nintendo should do something for hack-checking. They need to improve it. I think they should able to hack-check pokemons before registering VGC tournaments, rating battles etc. I have some 6IV legendary/event pokemons, but I don't know they are RNG or hack, so I can't use them in VGC tournaments.

This is why I hesitated with the Keldeo. The last thing I wanted to do is use it if it was illegal. Mine did end up checking out as far as others could tell, but you just can't tell unless you got it yourself.

By the way, thanks to the people who helped with the Keldeo, much obliged
    ////

~SIGN UP NOW!!!! ~ALL ARE WELCOME!~SHINY PRIZES!~*gobble gobble*

Quote Originally Posted by Trevenant View Post
    Gen 4 wondercards use a different method of generation than wild pokemon and thus gen 4 event pokemon from wondercards are not limited to Method J/K spreads. As far as I am aware, any IV/nature combo was possible for gen 4 wondercard events

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    I agree with Varanus. Nintendo should do something for hack-checking. They need to improve it. I think they should able to hack-check pokemons before registering VGC tournaments, rating battles etc. I have some 6IV legendary/event pokemons, but I don't know they are RNG or hack, so I can't use them in VGC tournaments.
    You're always welcome to post them here to double check We are pretty good at spotting hacks if they are bad enough.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Thanks dewey. I don't know much about previous gen events. Here are some 6IV pokemons I have. Their stats, natures look fine to me, so I keep them.

Pokemon Species: Giratina
    Nickname: N/A
    OT: Joey
    ID No: 42890
    Shiny: Yes
    EV's: None
    IV's: Flawless 6IV
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Shadow Force, Earthquake, Earth Power and Dragon Pulse
    Level: 70
    Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza (JPN, Nobunaga's Rayquaza)
    Nickname: レックウザ
    OT: ノブナガ
    ID No: 03172
    Nature: Hasty
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ability: Air Lock
    Level: 100
    Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
    Ribbon: Classic Ribbon

Pokemon Species: Arceus
    OT: TRU
    ID No: 11079
    Shiny: No
    Nature: Timid
    Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Multitype
    Moves: Calm Mind, Judgment, Special Rend, Recover
    Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region.

Pokemon Species: Suicune
    OT: WIN2011
    ID No: 02211
    Nature: Relaxed
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Moves: Aqua Ring, Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald
    Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.

Thanks dewey. I don't know much about previous gen events. Here are some 6IV pokemons I have. Their stats, natures look fine to me, so I keep them.

Pokemon Species: Giratina
    OT: Joey
    ID No: 42890
    EV's: None
    Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
    Moves: Shadow Force, Earthquake, Earth Power and Dragon Pulse
    Level: 70

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza (JPN, Nobunaga's Rayquaza)
    Nickname: レックウザ
    OT: ノブナガ
    ID No: 03172
    Nature: Hasty
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ability: Air Lock
    Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region.

Pokemon Species: Arceus
    OT: TRU
    ID No: 11079
    Shiny: No
    Nature: Timid
    Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Multitype
    Moves: Calm Mind, Judgment, Special Rend, Recover

Pokemon Species: Suicune
    OT: WIN2011
    ID No: 02211
    Nature: Relaxed
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Moves: Aqua Ring, Rest, Sleep Talk, Scald
    Location Caught: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
    They all seem clean to me. The Natures are all possible, and the characteristics match up with being 6iv

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Pokemon Species: Entei
    Nickname: 앤테이
    OT: 크라운시티
    OT Gender: white
    IDno: 12160
    Shiny?:
    EV's: none
    IV's: random
    Nature: Adamant
    Characteristic: A little quick tempered
    Moves: Flare Blitz, Howl, Extreme Speed, Crush Claw
    Level Caught at: 30
    Current Level: 30
    Stats: 109/88/60/54/52/68
    Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
    Egg?: no
    Any other notes?: So earlier today I tried to trade a Korean Event Shiny Entei but it wouldnt let me? It wasnt in my party or anything and it seems totally legit
    4200+ Event Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
    Shiny?:
    Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
    Any other notes?: So earlier today I tried to trade a Korean Event Shiny Entei but it wouldnt let me? It wasnt in my party or anything and it seems totally legit
    trade it in which fashion? GTS or Friends?

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    They all seem clean to me. The Natures are all possible, and the characteristics match up with being 6iv
    Thank you DragonXmicro. I guess I will keep them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    trade it in which fashion? GTS or Friends?
    People who I exchange friendcodes with so friends yea
    4200+ Event Pokemon

then i am completely unsure of why you wouldn't be able to trade it

September 5th, 2014

I had a similar scenario with a set of Japanese Crown Beasts. It turned out to be that when the Gen IV files had been converted to Gen V, they hadn't been done correctly. Thus they got binned immediately, files and pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1980 View Post
    I had a similar scenario with a set of Japanese Crown Beasts. It turned out to be that when the Gen IV files had been converted to Gen V, they hadn't been done correctly. Thus they got binned immediately, files and pokemon.
    Does that make the Pokemon I have corrupted or illegal?
    4200+ Event Pokemon

Shiny?:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Bulbapedia and Serebii's Event Dex, there is no event Entei in a Cherish Ball that matches that description. However, that should not prevent you from trading it on PSS. I do believe this Entei is hacked pretty poorly.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Shiny?:
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Bulbapedia and Serebii's Event Dex, there is no event Entei in a Cherish Ball that matches that description. However, that should not prevent you from trading it on PSS. I do believe this Entei is hacked pretty poorly.
    This! When people do not check correctly. It's a korean event and Bulba has info as well: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...own_City_Entei Perfectly legal. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™ View Post
    This! When people do not check correctly. It's a korean event and Bulba has info as well: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...own_City_Entei Perfectly legal. Enjoy!
    Thanks for finding my mistake - I thought I searched for that ID number, but I guess I typed it in wrong or something. Anyway, that still doesn't explain why the OP can't trade it over PSS.

-------

If the pokemon was transferred incorrectly, which often happens as a result of using external hardware, then yes, the pokemon would be considered illegal. Usually an improper transfer screws up the data of the .pkm file. Alternatively, if the pokemon is still in gen 4, Korean pokemon could not be traded between gen 4 games other than korean games because the language wasn;t programmed in to any other game. This resulted in many people using external hardware to extract the .pkm file and transfer it over to gen 5 games where they could be freely traded. Using external hardware, though, often resulted in the person doing something wrong and an inappropriate transfer.

All of that aside, you should still be able to trade god awful hacks via FC. Hell, you can even trade bad eggs and glitchmons via FC. Are you sure you entered the FC in correctly? As long as you are not trying to trade the pokemon in gen 4, I can;t think of any reason why a FC trade wouldn't work.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I'd like to check these sorry if I'm not supposed to check pokemons on gen 6 games here ^^:

Pokemon Species: Reshiram
    Nickname: Reshiram
    OT: Toshiro
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male): Don't know (gen 6)
    IDno: 40444
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: (if known) None (I reseted them)
    IV's: (if known) Don't know. Nothing crazy like all 0s or perfect 31s though.
    Nature: Jolly
    Characteristic: Strong Willed
    Ability: Turboblaze
    Moves: Dragon breath/Slash/Extrasensory/Fusion flare
    Level Caught at: Don't know
    Current Level: 50
    Stats: 167-129-110-144-140-117
    Location Caught: Unova
    Egg?: No
    Any other notes?: Has a bit exp, close to leveling up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Species: Lugia
    Nickname: Lugia
    OT: Grego
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Don't know (gen 6)
    IDno: 37165
    EV's: (if known) Don't know
    IV's: (if known) Don't know, Again nothing crazy or perfect.
    Characteristic: Sturdy body
    Moves: Extrasensory/Rain dance/ Hydro pump/ Aero blast
    Current Level: 45
    Stats: 156-95-133-86-150-108
    Location Caught: Johto
    Pokeball Caught In: Ultra ball
    Any other notes?: has a little exp
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Species: Groudon
    Nickname: Groudon
    OT: Maike
    IDno: 45868
    IV's: (if known) again nothing crazy, nothing perfect.
    Nature: Impish
    Characteristic: Loves to eat
    Ability: Drought
    Moves: Slash, Bulk up, EQ, Fire blast
    Current Level: 46
    Stats: 161-147-150-91-93-97
    Location Caught: Honen
    Any other notes?: Had a bit exp and the Sinnoh champion Ribbon

BTW, Got them from the GTS.
    Thanks in Advance ^^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    I'd like to check these sorry if I'm not supposed to check pokemons on gen 6 games here ^^:

Thanks in Advance ^^
    They all look fine~

September 5th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post

Thanks in Advance ^^
    These all look legal. They all appear to have been caught in-game in their respective versions. The only thing that's a little weird is that Groudon apparently only grew one level at the Sinnoh League, but I'm sure that's fine if it wasn't carrying the Lucky Egg and only had Exp Share or something.

-------

-snipped-
    Characteristics of Giratina and Suicune don't match the possible PIDs, they're both hacked.

/me pet Dewey911p
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

Pokemon Species: Mew
    OT: Eclipz
    OT Gender: N/A
    IDno: 06981
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: N/A
    IV's: Flawless
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Psychic, Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Sludge Bomb
    Level Caught at: Unknown
    Current Level: 100
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Pokeball Caught In: Normal Pokeball
    Any other notes?: I think I got this from someone on Serebii; I never noticed it had all the markings til today, and checked its IVs and sure enough, perfect 6.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-5426-2342, IGN: Lulu
    Friend Safari: Snubbull, Spritzee, Floette
    I've claimed Flabébé, the Single Bloom pokemon!

Dewey has answered your question perfectly especially about Gen IV Korean Events being transferred to Gen V (a no no), but without P***CH**K its not possible to get a more accurate reason for why it was failing. In my case it was as explained it previous post, but mine were Japanese and not Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyOctopus View Post
    Pokemon Species: Mew
    OT: Eclipz
    OT Gender: N/A
    IDno: 06981
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: N/A
    IV's: Flawless
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Psychic, Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Sludge Bomb
    Level Caught at: Unknown
    Current Level: 100
    Location Caught: Hoenn
    Pokeball Caught In: Normal Pokeball
    Any other notes?: I think I got this from someone on Serebii; I never noticed it had all the markings til today, and checked its IVs and sure enough, perfect 6.
    Personally I think it's hacked, for various reasons.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 433 of 449 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443 ... LastLast