Page 434 of 495 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484 ... LastLast
Results 10,826 to 10,850 of 12360

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

  1. #10826
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Personally I think it's hacked, for various reasons.
    This is kind of a pointless post without even listing any of the reasons. Nothing stands out as hacked about it. The Poke Ball doesn't matter, anyone RNGing in Gen 3 is (hopefully) on an emulator and using save states*, so any Pokemon can and will be caught in any Ball.

    Seems legal, nothing stands out. Another thing to note is that it isn't shiny, meaning its value for hacking is pretty small considering they could've just hacked the Wonder Card one or something, which at least comes in a special ball.

    * - Some of the good seeds in Gen 3 can take many, many days to reach. Doing those on a console is VERY impractical, and with there being zero difference between an emulator-bred Pokemon and not...
    Last edited by Trevenant; 16th July 2014 at 10:47 AM.

  2. #10827
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    0

    Default

    BTW, there's time lag between 3 gen events and some 4 gen events and RNG discover.

    I'm not saying that the Mew is guaranteed of hack, but it's something I'd difinitely not trade for, unless I'm trading the original RNGer.
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

  3. #10828
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toujours_Caps View Post
    BTW, there's time lag between 3 gen events and some 4 gen events and RNG discover.

    I'm not saying that the Mew is guaranteed of hack, but it's something I'd difinitely not trade for, unless I'm trading the original RNGer.
    Well, yes, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to have the event item and be capable of RNGing or something...

    Although having the event item doesn't mean much, whether it was obtained via Mystery Gift or hacked in it doesn't matter.
    I forgot to ask something, though, and it's important. Is that Mew flagged as Japanese?

  4. #10829
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Yes, I clearly said it's not guaranteed of hack.
    I'm refering to the high possibility of being a hack.


    Well, wouldn't it be illegal if it's obtained via hack codes. It means much to people who does not like hacking.
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

  5. #10830
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Pokemon Species: Mew
    Nickname: N/A
    OT: Eclipz
    OT Gender: N/A
    IDno: 06981
    Shiny?: Yes


    I just read the original post by ShyOctopus. The Mew is actually a hack.

    This is supposed to be the Japanese old sea map event because it's shiny, OT/ID isn't event one.

    The hacker apparently is not Japanese and missed to fake its legality. The OT can't have this name in Japanese games.
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

  6. #10831
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    If the Pokemon was obtained via cheat codes, yes.
    If you had access to the map housing the Pokemon, no. Nothing relating to the Old Sea Chart or how it was obtained appears whatsoever in the Mew's data despite what some overly-obsessed phobics would love to claim.

    Besides, you could probably get the Old Sea Chart via some extreme glitching nowadays...

    Just to clarify, though, it WAS a Japanese-only item, right?

    EDIT: Didn't see he actually DID say it was Shiny.
    This is supposed to be the Japanese old sea map event because it's shiny, OT/ID isn't event one.
    Mew was obtained via an in-game event, you caught the Mew though. So the ID isn't the issue.

    Definitely hacked, then. As said, that OT can't happen in Japanese Gen 3 games, it's one letter too long.

  7. #10832
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Mt. Moon
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevenant View Post
    Well, yes, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible to have the event item and be capable of RNGing or something...

    Although having the event item doesn't mean much, whether it was obtained via Mystery Gift or hacked in it doesn't matter.
    I forgot to ask something, though, and it's important. Is that Mew flagged as Japanese?
    It's flagged as German, and also it is shiny.

    Edit: Op, I was making breakfast and you all figured it out. Thank you, at least now I know ahahahaha I probably won't be keeping this Mew for very long.
    Last edited by ShyOctopus; 16th July 2014 at 4:25 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-5426-2342, IGN: Lulu
    Friend Safari: Snubbull, Spritzee, Floette
    I've claimed Flabébé, the Single Bloom pokemon!

  8. #10833
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Getting this hack-checked before I give it to someone here. I've had it for years. In the past when I got it someone said it was from a known RNGer. So that's cool.

    Name: Mew
    Trainer: Zodim (male)
    ID: 32514
    SID: 59699
    Ball: Premier Ball
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Timid
    IVs: All 31
    Country: Japan
    Moves: Night Shade, Seismic Toss, Softboiled, ThunderPunch

    The English text is legitimate - the reason it looks odd is because the Japanese games use a different English font than ours.

  9. #10834
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    588

    Default

    I just got this in a trade here in Pokemon Y. I'm hoping its just RNG'd as opposed to hacked :S

    Pokemon Species: Ditto
    Nickname: メタモン
    OT: Ray
    IDno: 41380
    Shiny?: YES
    EV's: Pretty evenly spread between Sp.Def / Speed / Def / HP it looks like, judging from the triangle graph on Super Training
    IV's: All 31
    Nature: Calm
    Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
    Ability: Limber
    Moves: Transform
    Current Level: 86
    Stats: 230 HP / 107 Atk / 140 Def / 117 Sp. Atk / 147 Sp. Def / 142 Speed
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
    Any other notes?: Has the "previously contracted Pokerus" symbol


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  10. #10835
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rexicoricophalvitorius
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floette View Post
    I just got this in a trade here in Pokemon Y. I'm hoping its just RNG'd as opposed to hacked :S

    Pokemon Species: Ditto
    Nickname: メタモン
    OT: Ray
    IDno: 41380
    Shiny?: YES
    EV's: Pretty evenly spread between Sp.Def / Speed / Def / HP it looks like, judging from the triangle graph on Super Training
    IV's: All 31
    Nature: Calm
    Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
    Ability: Limber
    Moves: Transform
    Current Level: 86
    Stats: 230 HP / 107 Atk / 140 Def / 117 Sp. Atk / 147 Sp. Def / 142 Speed
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
    Any other notes?: Has the "previously contracted Pokerus" symbol
    Looks good to me...I guess Dewey, you're needed here.

  11. #10836
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevenant View Post
    Getting this hack-checked before I give it to someone here. I've had it for years. In the past when I got it someone said it was from a known RNGer. So that's cool.

    Name: Mew
    Trainer: Zodim (male)
    ID: 32514
    SID: 59699
    Ball: Premier Ball
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Timid
    IVs: All 31
    Country: Japan
    Moves: Night Shade, Seismic Toss, Softboiled, ThunderPunch

    The English text is legitimate - the reason it looks odd is because the Japanese games use a different English font than ours.
    Zodim is a known RNGer from Smogon. It's from an emu (obviously) but it's fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Floette View Post
    I just got this in a trade here in Pokemon Y. I'm hoping its just RNG'd as opposed to hacked :S

    Pokemon Species: Ditto
    Nickname: メタモン
    OT: Ray
    IDno: 41380
    Shiny?: YES
    EV's: Pretty evenly spread between Sp.Def / Speed / Def / HP it looks like, judging from the triangle graph on Super Training
    IV's: All 31
    Nature: Calm
    Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
    Ability: Limber
    Moves: Transform
    Current Level: 86
    Stats: 230 HP / 107 Atk / 140 Def / 117 Sp. Atk / 147 Sp. Def / 142 Speed
    Location Caught: Sinnoh
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Quick Ball
    Any other notes?: Has the "previously contracted Pokerus" symbol
    Hard to say. OT Ray is a known hacker OT, but it's also a common OT. It's a valid spread, thought the EVs are weird, that doesn't prove anything one way or the other. It looks fine on the surface, but until Pokecheck is back up, I can;t say for certain which OT Ray is a hacker :/
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  12. #10837
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Zodim is a known RNGer from Smogon. It's from an emu (obviously) but it's fine.



    Hard to say. OT Ray is a known hacker OT, but it's also a common OT. It's a valid spread, thought the EVs are weird, that doesn't prove anything one way or the other. It looks fine on the surface, but until Pokecheck is back up, I can;t say for certain which OT Ray is a hacker :/
    Doesn't some cheat apps give even EV spread unless the hacker set specifically? It's not as suspicious as Ash/01337 or PCApp thing, but one thing to consider...

    Also, is it Japanese?
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

  13. #10838
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toujours_Caps View Post
    Doesn't some cheat apps give even EV spread unless the hacker set specifically? It's not as suspicious as Ash/01337 or PCApp thing, but one thing to consider...

    Also, is it Japanese?
    Yes it is Japanese I guess that makes it all the more suspicious? The OT name Ray isn't in the Japanese "English" font. Hmm. Considering just releasing it before it causes problems in my game. Disappointing, because I wanted to breed shinies with it via MM Oh well, thank you.


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  14. #10839
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floette View Post
    Yes it is Japanese I guess that makes it all the more suspicious? The OT name Ray isn't in the Japanese "English" font. Hmm. Considering just releasing it before it causes problems in my game. Disappointing, because I wanted to breed shinies with it via MM Oh well, thank you.
    Hacked Pokemon won't cause problems in your game. But if the Ditto has the Japanese tag and the name is in Japanese, the OT can't be English unless it's that weird blocky font. That's a sure sign of a hack in the case of Ditto.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

  15. #10840
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Hacked Pokemon won't cause problems in your game. But if the Ditto has the Japanese tag and the name is in Japanese, the OT can't be English unless it's that weird blocky font. That's a sure sign of a hack in the case of Ditto.
    Ah, as I feared. I'm glad I know for sure now. Thank you very much!


    Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile




    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

    *credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

  16. #10841
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N's Castle
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Yeah I have had many Jap dittos with English Names. Bit i must ask what is the big block font is that a hack or what?

  17. #10842
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMegaBeast View Post
    Yeah I have had many Jap dittos with English Names. Bit i must ask what is the big block font is that a hack or what?
    The blocky font is the English font for Japanese players if they want to make their name or their Pokemon's nickname English. Japanese players have an English font option because a large portion of Japan speaks English. The blocky font is actually a GOOD thing if your Pokemon has a Japanese tag - it's a sign that it's legal. If you have a Japanese Pokemon with normal English text for the OT, it's a sure sign of a hack.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

  18. #10843
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I got this off of Wonder Trade today and wanted to check if it's hacked:

    Pokemon Species: Cyndaquil
    Nickname: none
    OT: MARK
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Doesn't show (I don't see it for my own pkmn either)
    IDno: 06965
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: (if known) none
    IV's: (if known) Relatively superior, perfect HP, Attack, and Speed
    Nature: Rash
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Tackle, Leer
    Level Caught at: 1
    Current Level: 1
    Stats: 12/6/5/6/5/6
    Location Caught: Hatched in Lumiose City
    Egg?: yes
    Pokeball Caught In: regular
    Any other notes?: Nope!

    Also, first post! Yay!

  19. #10844
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giratina25 View Post
    I got this off of Wonder Trade today and wanted to check if it's hacked:

    Pokemon Species: Cyndaquil
    Nickname: none
    OT: MARK
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Doesn't show (I don't see it for my own pkmn either)
    IDno: 06965
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: (if known) none
    IV's: (if known) Relatively superior, perfect HP, Attack, and Speed
    Nature: Rash
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Blaze
    Moves: Tackle, Leer
    Level Caught at: 1
    Current Level: 1
    Stats: 12/6/5/6/5/6
    Location Caught: Hatched in Lumiose City
    Egg?: yes
    Pokeball Caught In: regular
    Any other notes?: Nope!

    Also, first post! Yay!
    This Cyndaquil looks completely legal to me. Someone was hatching for a flawless Cyndaquil and this is a breeding reject. Welcome to the forums!

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

  20. #10845
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    That's nice. Maybe the Shiny Charm isn't so far away after all...

    By the way, what does it mean to RNG something? I've looked throughout this forum and that's the one thing I don't understand...

  21. #10846
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giratina25 View Post
    That's nice. Maybe the Shiny Charm isn't so far away after all...

    By the way, what does it mean to RNG something? I've looked throughout this forum and that's the one thing I don't understand...
    RNG stands for "Random Number Generation". As far as I know, no one has managed to work out how to RNG yet on X and Y, but it was very commonly done in Generations III-V. I am not an RNGer, so someone like dewey can explain this in more detail, but the very, very basic explanation is that how your Pokemon's IVs, nature, and shininess are determined when you encounter a Pokemon (stationary, Egg, or wild) aren't actually random. They are determined by the date and time on the DS, as well as the amount of time that passes between starting the game and pressing "Continue". By using a computer program that figures out what date, time, and number of seconds you need to wait before pressing continue, you can figure out what "seed" you need to hit to get a shiny flawless Pokemon with a certain nature. Then you manipulate the DS's date and time to get that seed.

    That's an EXTREMELY simplified explanation. If you want more information on how to do it, you can look up guides for RNG manipulation on the game that you want to manipulate.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

  22. #10847
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    0

    Default

    BTW, this is just for heads up since there were several Dittos that have either English OT or NN tho they are Japanese.

    It's not completely impossible to have English name in English font though it's Japanese, vice versa. This can happen in 4 gen, however the method takes more effort, and since there's so much hacked pokemons that its NN/OT don't match its nationality it is safe to assume those are hacked, unless you get those from the original RNGer.

    Note: Also, it's possible to RNG pokemons in earlier gens and get them NNable in XY under some conditions.
    Last edited by Toujours_Caps; 18th July 2014 at 12:12 AM.
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

  23. #10848
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Avia, Ransei
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Hello! I just got some Shiny Pokemon from trading and I want to make sure they aren't hacked!

    Tyrantitar-Male-Level 100 (No nickname)
    Nature: Rash
    OT: Gold
    ID No.: 25746
    Originally from Johto

    Colossinge-Female-Level 100 (In French, really a Primape)
    Nature: Serious
    OT: AAAAAAAA
    ID No.: 54712
    Originally from Unova.

    Thanks for you time~ ^^
    ~Hoping for Sinnoh Remakes~
    Banner made by yours truly~
        Spoiler:- Credit!:

  24. #10849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    It's not a question of where
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    Hello! I just got some Shiny Pokemon from trading and I want to make sure they aren't hacked!

    Tyrantitar-Male-Level 100 (No nickname)
    Nature: Rash
    OT: Gold
    ID No.: 25746
    Originally from Johto

    Colossinge-Female-Level 100 (In French, really a Primape)
    Nature: Serious
    OT: AAAAAAAA
    ID No.: 54712
    Originally from Unova.

    Thanks for you time~ ^^
    That's not quite enough information to determine much of anything. there should be a form in the first post and it would be helpful to fill the full thing out for both pokemon if you would, please.


  25. #10850
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York, not the city xD
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Pokemon Specieseoxys
    Nickname:none
    OT:Plasma
    OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
    IDno:05083
    Shiny?:no
    EV's: (if known)very few in every spot
    IV's: (if known)not good, on;y decent
    Nature:Mild
    Characteristic:Plenty of Siestas
    Ability:Pressure
    Moves:Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Recover, Psycho Boost
    Level Caught at:n/a
    Current Level:100
    Stats: Atk:328, Df: 113, SpAtk: 360, SpDf:112, Spd:333, Hp:241
    Location Caught:says it came from Unova
    Egg?:no
    Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
    Any other notes?:My only concern is that it is in dusk ball and not a Cherish ball, since it appears to be an event. Any help is appreciated

    Banner credit goes to American--Pi, userbar to Lynxforte

Page 434 of 495 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •