Page 436 of 436 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436
Results 10,876 to 10,893 of 10893

Thread: Hack-Check Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tsugaru View Post
    I just got this Lugia off GTS, wanted to know if it was hacked or not.

Pokemon Species: Lugia
    Nickname: no nickname
    OT: Heath
    OT Gender: can't tell
    IDno: 32296
    Shiny?: yes
    EV's: spread evenly all around
    IV's: Perfect/good ivs in defense and sp. defense i think
    Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Good perseverance
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Aeroblast, Recover, Ancient Power, Hydro Pump
    Level Caught at: can't tell (only says it Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region)
    Current Level: 74
    Stats: 251/138/239/157/235/169
    Location Caught: Johto?
    Egg?: no
    Pokeball Caught In: Love Ball
    Any other notes?: Has Pokerus, has some exp + evs so I'm guessing it's been leveled up a bit
    This Lugia looks legal to me, but I'd get a second opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR View Post
    So! I have this Genesect:

Pokemon Species: Genesect
    Nickname: Genesect
    OT: えいがかん
    OT Gender: can't define
    IDno: 07133
    EV's: zero
    IV's: 31 all around
    Nature: Hasty
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain
    Ability: Download
    Moves: Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Techno Blast
    Level Caught at: ???? (A fateful encounter seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region)
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: 283/276/203/276/226/257
    Location Caught: Unova
    Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
    Any other notes: Ribbons added - Kalos Champion and Wishing Ribbon and JPN flag

So what is REALLY concerning-me about this pokemon is the Nickname written in English language but the flag is japanese. I do know in 6th gen, if you download a foreign pokemon like a japanese event Darkrai using an English cartridge, the pokemon WILL have english name and flag, but the OT will remain like the japanese name, but I don't know how that works in 4-5th gen. For me it doesn't looks correct, but that's just a guessing, I am looking for an accurate point of view.
    You're going to need to be more specific here. When you go to your Genesect's Summary screen, on the TOP screen of the 3DS, there is a line that says "Name". That line will say "Gensect" in English. On the BOTTOM screen, above where it says "Lv. 100", you will see the Pokemon's name. This name should be in Japanese. The OT should also be Japanese. You didn't put who the OT is.

Or, if it makes it easier, when you send the Pokemon out in battle, does it use the English or Japanese name? If it uses the Japanese name, then it's legal. If it uses the English name, then it's hacked.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Level Caught at: ???? (A fateful encounter seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region)

So what is REALLY concerning-me about this pokemon is the Nickname written in English language but the flag is japanese. I do know in 6th gen, if you download a foreign pokemon like a japanese event Darkrai using an English cartridge, the pokemon WILL have english name and flag, but the OT will remain like the japanese name, but I don't know how that works in 4-5th gen. For me it doesn't looks correct, but that's just a guessing, I am looking for an accurate point of view.
    I'm not sure about the language, so you should ask someone who knows more about such subjects. However, hex-flawless event Pokemon are very suspicious. I don't know if they can be RNG'd, though.

EDIT: Varanus posted moments before me...

I'm sorry but this is hacked 5th gen games and before have a 5 character limit, ID abusing to nickname it "Genesect" is impossible.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51
    Pokemon Y Shiny Value: 2256

Quote Originally Posted by giratina25 View Post
    I'm not sure about the language, so you should ask someone who knows more about such subjects. However, hex-flawless event Pokemon are very suspicious. I don't know if they can be RNG'd, though.

EDIT: Varanus posted moments before me...
    Events can be RNG'd and this one obviously was.

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMissy View Post
    I'm sorry but this is hacked 5th gen games and before have a 5 character limit, ID abusing to nickname it "Genesect" is impossible.
    I don't think the OP meant that Genesect was actually nicknamed "Gensect". The English "Gensect" just shows up in the Name slot on the summary page if the Pokemon isn't nicknamed in its native language.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I don't think the OP meant that Genesect was actually nicknamed "Gensect". The English "Gensect" just shows up in the Name slot on the summary page if the Pokemon isn't nicknamed in its native language.
    So what is REALLY concerning-me about this pokemon is the Nickname written in English language but the flag is japanese.
    I assume ZiR does know this, but we'll have to wait until ZiR checks this thread.

EDIT: if it says "Genesect" above the Genesect model's head/in the dark blue bar in the uppermost left region of the screen in the PC window and not it's name in japanese then it's illegal
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 23rd July 2014 at 2:01 AM.

Yeah I just used into the battle and the game says: Go! Genesect! AND NOT: Go! ゲノセクト!
    The pokemon has the english nickname but the flag over the DexNo. is actually JPN. My question is, if anyone claim a japanese pokemon event in an english game, the pokemon will have EVERYTHING in japanese, or something like this would be expected to happen, or that's not even a possible thing to do?

Before I forget: -Thanks guys! ^^
    Last edited by ZiR; 23rd July 2014 at 2:59 AM.
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

Yeah I just used into the battle and the game says: Go! Genesect! AND NOT: Go! ゲノセクト!
    The pokemon has the english nickname but the flag over the DexNo. is actually JPN. My question is, if anyone claim a japanese pokemon event in an english game, the pokemon will have EVERYTHING in japanese, or something like this would expected to happen, or that's not even a possible thing to do?

Before I forget: -Thanks guys! ^^
    In 5th gen and before? I don't think a non-japanese cart would even recognize any event from Japan. It would probably say "No wondercard available" even though it's in Wi-fi range of the event area.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 23rd July 2014 at 3:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMissy View Post
    In 5th gen and before? I don't think a non-japanese cart would even recognize any event from Japan. It would probably say "No wondercard available" even though it's in Wi-fi range of the event area.
    Yes 5th gen and earlier, that was my curiosity because I received some time ago a Keldeo (japanese event) with the exact same issues, I replaced because for me, that was impossible. But now when I received this Genesect which has the same sort of problem, I started to ask myself if my judgment to define it as hacked material was precipitated. So this Genesect is hacked, too bad. =/

I think there were few English events that can be received with Japanese cartridge in earlir gen, but I doubt the genesect was the case.

Just for headsup, Blue's Pidgeot - Wallace's Milotic those line can not be in other lang than Japanese.
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

Quote Originally Posted by Toujours_Caps View Post
    I think there were few English events that can be received with Japanese cartridge in earlir gen, but I doubt the genesect was the case.

Just for headsup, Blue's Pidgeot - Wallace's Milotic those line can not be in other lang than Japanese.
    That's interesting fact indeed. At least right now I will be a more careful with this kind of stuff for the next trades, and also I have a better idea how bad is the Nintendo filters to detect hacked pokemons though Pokebank. -_-
    Last edited by ZiR; 23rd July 2014 at 5:05 AM.

Recently, as an alternative to PokéBank, I've been attempting (rather successfully) to obtain legendaries from the GTS. However, three of them have given me great concern. You'll see why:

Pokemon Species: Entei
    Nickname: ?????
    OT: けゐたろう
    OT Gender: N/A
    IDno: 38786
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: Looking at the Super Training, not many, and all more or less balanced between each stat.
    IV's: 31 in Attack, that's all I know.
    Nature: Serious
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Moves: Extrasensory, Fire Blast, Calm Mind, Eruption
    Level Caught at: Unknown
    Stats: HP: 350, Atk: 266, Def: 195, Sp Atk: 187, Sp Def: 173, Spd: 212
    Location Caught: Seems to have travelled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
    Egg?: No
    Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
    Any other notes?: Why would someone trade a Shiny lvl 100 Entei for a lvl 22 Chimecho? ._. OT Name may not be accurate, but that's roughly it.

Pokemon Species: Suicune
    OT: ンウル
    IDno: 44277
    EV's: Looking at the Super Training, not many, and all more or less balanced between each stat.
    IV's: None are flawless
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Extrasensory, Hydro Pump, Calm Mind, Blizzard
    Stats: HP: 326, Atk: 194, Def: 248, Sp Atk: 184, Sp Def: 245, Spd: 187
    Location Caught: Seems to have travelled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region.
    Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
    Any other notes?: OT Name may not be correct, I'm just guessing. But again, this for an average Lopunny? And the Nicknames of both this and the Entei are slightly unnerving me. I'm quite surprised I didn't get a Raikou like these to complete the set.

Pokemon Species: Latios
    Nickname: Latios
    OT: Ash
    IDno: 30077
    EV's: Looks to be maxed out in Sp Atk and Speed with a little emphasis on Atk (I'm assuming the last 4).
    IV's: Flawless across the board
    Nature: Modest
    Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Psyshock, Roost, Ice Beam, Draco Meteor
    Stats: HP: 301, Atk: 195, Def: 196, Sp Atk: 394, Sp Def: 256, Spd: 319
    Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
    Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
    Any other notes?: This is the most worrying, being Shiny, lvl 100, Flawless, caught in a Master Ball etc.

Thanks in advance!
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Recently, as an alternative to PokéBank, I've been attempting (rather successfully) to obtain legendaries from the GTS. However, three of them have given me great concern. You'll see why:

Any other notes?: Why would someone trade a Shiny lvl 100 Entei for a lvl 22 Chimecho? ._. OT Name may not be accurate, but that's roughly it.

Any other notes?: OT Name may not be correct, I'm just guessing. But again, this for an average Lopunny? And the Nicknames of both this and the Entei are slightly unnerving me. I'm quite surprised I didn't get a Raikou like these to complete the set.

EV's: Looks to be maxed out in Sp Atk and Speed with a little emphasis on Atk (I'm assuming the last 4).
    Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region.
    Any other notes?: This is the most worrying, being Shiny, lvl 100, Flawless, caught in a Master Ball etc.

Thanks in advance!
    First two look legal enough to me but the thing is how is it possible to have fateful encounter Pokemon in a master ball? It should be a cherish ball so the Latios is a doubt.

Spoiler:- ASB Records and Credits:

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.|Wild Future|ASB

I'm pretty sure the Eon Ticket Lati@s is a fateful encounter due to being an event. That OT is a questionable one though, I'm pretty sure it belongs to either a known hacker or well-known cheating app (like PokEdit/PokeApp/others).

Quote Originally Posted by Trevenant View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Eon Ticket Lati@s is a fateful encounter due to being an event. That OT is a questionable one though, I'm pretty sure it belongs to either a known hacker or well-known cheating app (like PokEdit/PokeApp/others).
    No. I guess that OT/ID is not of an hacker IIRC. Pokecheck is down and nothing really can be said. Maybe you could wait for some experts to come around.

Spoiler:- ASB Records and Credits:

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.|Wild Future|ASB

I would indeed advise waiting. I know there was a few notorious OTs with the name Ash that all had hacked Pokemon, but who knows about that one.
    Yeah, it's a shame about Pokecheck. I wish they'd bring it back but one of the owners has been missing for some time, no one knows what he's been up to or anything from what I hear, so I guess it's gone for good.

Is this OT really "けゐたろう" or "けるたろう"?

I believe it's "けゐたろう" since its pronunciation sounds like a name that actually exist, but OT"けゐたろう" is a hack as far as I know.
    5258-0012-5670 ign おーきど

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Entei and Suicune are definitely suspicious, but I definitely wouldn't touch that Latios with a 10 foot pole, getting flawless spreads in 3rd gen that weren't egg abuses are extremely difficult (difficult as in I know only two people that actually managed to do it). Plus the fact that there are many hacked Pokemon with OT: Ash and various IDs, I say this is likely hacked.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; Yesterday at 9:19 PM.

getting flawless spreads in 3rd gen that weren't egg abuses are extremely difficult (difficult as in I know only two people that actually managed to do it).
    Well, pretty much any Gen 3 RNG abuse is done via emulator, in which case there isn't much of anything that's difficult. Those multi-day waits getting to you for a good seed? Frame skip + turbo. You even have save states for a potential mess-up and a frame counter/emulator pausing to help with the frames.

Page 436 of 436 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436