Page 467 of 472 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 11779

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

I received a French and German language of Serena's Fennekin in Reddit forums, the person that got the pokemons gave-me pictures with full proof of redeemption, including pictures of the pokemon being downloaded from Nintendo servers, so yeah, I am pretty sure that everyone is able to setup a japanese game to English.
    http://zir1402.deviantart.com/
    3DS: 0576-4785-2902
    IGN: Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by ho-oh tajra View Post
    Can you confirm such information? I for once thought that Japanese games were cheaper because they did NOT have other languages on them...

Aside of that, if the Arceus doesn't have the event ribbon, Wishing Ribbon in this case, it's hacked.
    I guess @devilmonkey and @SkittyOnWailord already confirmed that is possible to do this, but I can confirm that because I received a French and German language of Serena's Fennekin in Reddit forums. The person that got the pokemons gave-me pictures with full proof of redeemption, including pictures of the pokemon being downloaded from Nintendo servers, so yeah, I am pretty sure that everyone is able to setup a japanese game to English. Probably the Arceus is cloned or edited by Power Save, but without a hack check tool, is quite hard to define the legitimacy.

Pokemon Species:Jirachi
    Nickname: ジラーチ
    OT: たなばた
    OT Gender: genderless
    IDno:08014
    Shiny?:yes
    EV's: no ev's
    IV's: (20-29), 31, (10-19), 31, 31, (10-19)
    Nature: timid
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ability: serene grace
    Moves: Wish, swift, healing wish, moonblast.
    Level Caught at:10
    Current Level:10
    Stats: 42 hp, 25 atk, 26 def, 28 sp atk, 28 spdef, 28 spd.
    Location Caught: apparently a fateful encounter
    Egg?:no
    Pokeball Caught In: cherish ball
    Any other notes?: date met 8/1/2014 with classic ribbon

had this a while but never knew if it was legit.
    Last edited by jjbean; 11th March 2015 at 3:32 PM.
    0559-6810-1378 Pokémon xy ign john
    4914-4983-9899 pokemon oras

Quote Originally Posted by FlameWolf View Post
    I see, but would it have any affect on wifi battles or live competitions? I would like to use them for battles but I'm worried I'll be banned if they are considered hacked.
    They won't have any effect unless it's a bad hack, for example a Charizard with Surf or any illegal combination, in such case it will be banned from live competitions, I think they will go through battle with friends, though.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmonkey View Post
    (how would not including language settings make the system cheaper anyways?
    Not paying for 4-5 translation teams does sound like something that would make your game cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Pokemon Species:Jirachi
    Nickname: ジラーチ
    OT: たなばた
    OT Gender: genderless
    IDno:08014
    Shiny?:yes
    EV's: no ev's
    IV's: (20-29), 31, (10-19), 31, 31, (10-19)
    Nature: timid
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ability: serene grace
    Moves: Wish, swift, healing wish, moonblast.
    Level Caught at:10
    Current Level:10
    Stats: 42 hp, 25 atk, 26 def, 28 sp atk, 28 spdef, 28 spd.
    Location Caught: apparently a fateful encounter
    Egg?:no
    Pokeball Caught In: cherish ball
    Any other notes?: date met 8/1/2014

had this a while but never knew if it was legit.
    If it doesn't have the event Ribbon it's hacked.

My event jirachi does have the classic ribbon I edited my post above
    0559-6810-1378 Pokémon xy ign john
    4914-4983-9899 pokemon oras

i got 2 clearly hacked shiny pkmn both males (6IVS) gogoat love ball and heavy ball arbok. i have plans to make a gogoat sometime. the arbok has sucker punch, iron tail, poison fang and aqua tail. can i use both pkmn to breed legit pkmn? i wouldnt mind breeding the arbok for the easy EM so i can put it in battle.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    i got 2 clearly hacked shiny pkmn both males (6IVS) gogoat love ball and heavy ball arbok. i have plans to make a gogoat sometime. the arbok has sucker punch, iron tail, poison fang and aqua tail. can i use both pkmn to breed legit pkmn? i wouldnt mind breeding the arbok for the easy EM so i can put it in battle.
    Yes, the generated pokemons from them will be legitimate, since they will not share any illegal combination such as love Ball for the Skiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR View Post
    Yes, the generated pokemons from them will be legitimate, since they will not share any illegal combination such as love Ball for the Skiddo.
    thank you very much ZiR, i guess the only stigma the generated pkmn would have then would be the fact a hacked pkmn was the 1st parent. i already have a legit safari female gogoat ready for it, i just needed a good IV donor, i do have a 6iv legit vulpix though the 20% egg encounter is annoying.
    Last edited by nel3; 11th March 2015 at 8:39 PM.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    My event jirachi does have the classic ribbon I edited my post above
    Your Jirachi looks legit to me, it has the ribbon, the right OT, the right ID number, the right nickname, the moves, level, etcetera.

Pokemon Species: Zekrom
    Nickname: ゼクロム (Japanese for Zekrom)
    OT: Trainer: マ刂 (best approximation I could get)
    OT Gender: white
    IDno: 14916
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: none
    IV's: Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31)
    Nature: Jolly
    Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
    Ability: Terravolt
    Moves: (normal, but all with Max PP)
    Level Caught at: ---
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: (normal)
    Location Caught: "Traveled across space and time from Unova region"
    Pokeball Caught In: Luxury
    Any other notes?: I'm fairly certain this is a hacked 'mon. Recieved it off the GTS. No legit 6IV legendary comes from the GTS. I'm just wondering how possible it might be to not be hacked?
    getting flawless IV through RNG abuse is a thing in Gen 5, though I don't know what's your stance on RNG abuse.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    getting flawless IV through RNG abuse is a thing in Gen 5, though I don't know what's your stance on RNG abuse.
    I'm just wondering how easy it was to abuse RNG in Gen 5 I guess. Like, can any kid with an internet connection figure it out, or does it take some know-how?

devilmonkey's Breeding Sanctuary

Click the above image to see my trade shop
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4742 - 5151 - 0620

IGN: OR: Bliss / X: Atomsk

I'm just wondering how easy it was to abuse RNG in Gen 5 I guess. Like, can any kid with an internet connection figure it out, or does it take some know-how?
    Both, tbh. While it isn't hard to RNG, you still need to know how it works. Though 5th Gen RNG is the best gen to RNG in, imo. There are many RNG'ers, so you cannot really say 6IV pokemon from 5th gen are hacked, unless the OT is a known hacker or the pokemon has illegal combinations of abilities/moves/stats/etc.
    3DS friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)
    Friendsafari: (Steel type) , ,
    My tradinglist

Timezone: GMT +1 / the Netherlands.

What are the odds of two different people having the same Trainer ID # (assume this is cross generational; say, gen 5-6)?

I decided to check the legitimacy of some shiny Pokemon in a trade I was offered. Searching the Trainer ID number of some of the Pokemon, I found another thread trading shiny Pokemon with the exact same trainer ID number, but a different trainer name.

I have reason to be suspicious, but I want to know what the probability is that it's just a coincidence.

What are the odds of two different people having the same Trainer ID # (assume this is cross generational; say, gen 5-6)?

I decided to check the legitimacy of some shiny Pokemon in a trade I was offered. Searching the Trainer ID number of some of the Pokemon, I found another thread trading shiny Pokemon with the exact same trainer ID number, but a different trainer name.

I have reason to be suspicious, but I want to know what the probability is that it's just a coincidence.
    It's not hard to have a Generation IV or V game have the same ID as a Generation VI game. Just start the Generation VI game, see what ID you get, and RNG the Generation IV or V game to get matching IDs. That way, you can transfer something over and be able to nickname it because the ID is the same. Due to the +2 in nickname space (from 10 to 12) in Generation VI, this is quite useful.
    Looking for that ONE Pokemon that you've always wanted but just couldn't get one because of the high costs?
    Visit my shop and make a request! It'll only cost you Rare Candies and PP Ups (or PP Max). PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Battle Format: Rotation

TEF League Triple Battle Frontier Brain

Image credits to: FairyWitch

Gym and Frontier Status: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    It's not hard to have a Generation IV or V game have the same ID as a Generation VI game. Just start the Generation VI game, see what ID you get, and RNG the Generation IV or V game to get matching IDs. That way, you can transfer something over and be able to nickname it because the ID is the same. Due to the +2 in nickname space (from 10 to 12) in Generation VI, this is quite useful.
    That's not how it works. To rename a pokemon you need a matching TID, matching SID, matching game version, and matching language. In gen 4 you only needed a matching TID and SID if I recall correctly, but in gen 5 everything needs to match. I'm not 100% sure of how the gen 6 mechanics work, but I doubt they would regress to the point that any two people with the same ID would be able to rename pokemon from each other, especially across a generation like you suggest.

Back to the original point, just post the two ID numbers and OTs and people can look and see if they recognize one or the other. The chances of getting a random ID number are 1/65536 if I recall, so multiply that by itself and the odds of two people having the same ID should be 1/4,294,967,296 (due note, I'm in Law School, not pursuing a PhD in math, so if the number seems wrong, there's a good chance I did the math wrong). Given the large number of people who play the games, the way gen 4 RNGing worked, and the ease of RNGing in gen 5, it really isn't all that unheard of for two people to have the same ID number, especially in gen 4 and especially for "cool" numbers like ID 00000.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Back to the original point, just post the two ID numbers and OTs and people can look and see if they recognize one or the other.
    ID 17628
    Trainer Names:
    White & Dragon

Again, both Pokemon being offered by both trainers were flawless shinies. RNG abuse is fine in my book, but hacking isn't. I know that Dragon offered his Pokes in at least two different Pokeballs, but I don't know about White

That's not how it works. To rename a pokemon you need a matching TID, matching SID, matching game version, and matching language. In gen 4 you only needed a matching TID and SID if I recall correctly, but in gen 5 everything needs to match. I'm not 100% sure of how the gen 6 mechanics work, but I doubt they would regress to the point that any two people with the same ID would be able to rename pokemon from each other, especially across a generation like you suggest.
    Really? I never actually tried it, so I didn't know they changed it around. I do recall being able to rename something in HGSS (and tested what gets the +50% exp boost for being traded), and that's as far as my experience goes.

ID 17628
    Trainer Names:
    White & Dragon

Again, both Pokemon being offered by both trainers were flawless shinies. RNG abuse is fine in my book, but hacking isn't. I know that Dragon offered his Pokes in at least two different Pokeballs, but I don't know about White
    17628 ID and name of "White"... That's my White version. It's where I do all the Generation V breed RNG. And apart from HGSS, I prefer all of my different games with different IDs for lottery efficiency. So I don't know about that "Dragon" guy. So the ID thing is a coincidence.
    Last edited by DX 2401PT; 14th March 2015 at 4:33 PM.
    Looking for that ONE Pokemon that you've always wanted but just couldn't get one because of the high costs?
    Visit my shop and make a request! It'll only cost you Rare Candies and PP Ups (or PP Max). PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Battle Format: Rotation

TEF League Triple Battle Frontier Brain

Image credits to: FairyWitch

Gym and Frontier Status: Closed

Pokemon Species: Phione
    Nickname: Phione
    OT: ALEXIS
    OT Gender: None
    IDno: 34312
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: (if known) No Clue
    IV's: (if known) No Clue
    Characteristic: Loves to eat
    Ability: Hydration
    Moves: Waterfall, Whirlpool, Dive, Surf
    Level Caught at: Unknown
    Current Level: 49
    HP: 155
    Attack: 101
    Defense: 93
    Sp. Atk.: 90
    Sp. Def.: 94
    Speed: 104
    Location Caught: Unova; "Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region."
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
    Any other notes?: Has Snooze Ribbon, Gotten in a random trade

Thank you for your help!
    Living in PST Time (GMT - 8)
    FC - 4442-1415-7910
    In-Game IGN - Maggie (Aroma Lady on Omega Ruby) (Serena's like on Y)

Ditto Nature hunting: (25/25 COMPLETE)
    Currently have: Timid (6iv), Mild, Rash (6iv), Naive (6iv), Jolly (6iv), Modest (6iv), Docile (6iv), Bold (6iv), Adamant (6iv), Quiet, Lax, Sassy, Hardy, Brave, Impish, Relaxed, Naughty, Calm, Lonely, Gentle, Hasty (6iv), Careful (6iv), Quirky, Bashful, Serious

Shinies Gotten (Gen 6):

Quote Originally Posted by FlameWolf View Post
    Pokemon Species: Phione
    Nickname: Phione
    OT: ALEXIS
    OT Gender: None
    IDno: 34312
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: (if known) No Clue
    IV's: (if known) No Clue
    Characteristic: Loves to eat
    Ability: Hydration
    Moves: Waterfall, Whirlpool, Dive, Surf
    Level Caught at: Unknown
    Current Level: 49
    HP: 155
    Attack: 101
    Defense: 93
    Sp. Atk.: 90
    Sp. Def.: 94
    Speed: 104
    Location Caught: Unova; "Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region."
    Egg?: Unknown
    Pokeball Caught In: Masterball
    Any other notes?: Has Snooze Ribbon, Gotten in a random trade

Thank you for your help!
    Phione can't be caught in a Master Ball. Hacked.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Phione can't be caught in a Master Ball. Hacked.
    Thought so, thank you for your help!
    Living in PST Time (GMT - 8)
    FC - 4442-1415-7910
    In-Game IGN - Maggie (Aroma Lady on Omega Ruby) (Serena's like on Y)

Ditto Nature hunting: (25/25 COMPLETE)
    Currently have: Timid (6iv), Mild, Rash (6iv), Naive (6iv), Jolly (6iv), Modest (6iv), Docile (6iv), Bold (6iv), Adamant (6iv), Quiet, Lax, Sassy, Hardy, Brave, Impish, Relaxed, Naughty, Calm, Lonely, Gentle, Hasty (6iv), Careful (6iv), Quirky, Bashful, Serious

Shinies Gotten (Gen 6):

that's hacked, a darkrai cant learn Spacial Rend, I'm not good with learning so go to the original serebii I don't know the moves a okemon can learn but that's a signature to Palkia, its specified to Palkia

Meowstic
    No Nick
    Shiny: Yeah
    OT:Roxanne
    TID No: 24053
    SID No: 50778
    Nature: Naďve
    Pokerus (infected off another one of mine)
    Moveset:
    Charge Beam
    Psychic
    Reflect
    Safeguard
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    6/252/0/0/0/252
    Egg: Yeah
    Hatched: Battle Resort
    Hatched Same Day as I got it

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCookies2k View Post
    that's hacked, a darkrai cant learn Spacial Rend, I'm not good with learning so go to the original serebii I don't know the moves a okemon can learn but that's a signature to Palkia, its specified to Palkia
    Wrong, Darkrai can learn Spacial Rend via event, it is even suggested at the PotW under Doubles and Triples Options: http://www.serebii.net/potw-xy/491.shtml

You should follow the form on the front page, that way we know stuff such as level.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCookies2k View Post
    Meowstic
    No Nick
    Shiny: Yeah
    OT:Roxanne
    TID No: 24053
    SID No: 50778
    Nature: Naďve
    Pokerus (infected off another one of mine)
    Moveset:
    Charge Beam
    Psychic
    Reflect
    Safeguard
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    6/252/0/0/0/252
    Egg: Yeah
    Hatched: Battle Resort
    Hatched Same Day as I got it
    A shiny flawless poke from Gen 6 where RNG'ing isn't possible? That would take crazy luck. I can't say for sure, but I would go with hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by giratina25 View Post
    You should follow the form on the front page, that way we know stuff such as level.

A shiny flawless poke from Gen 6 where RNG'ing isn't possible? That would take crazy luck. I can't say for sure, but I would go with hacked.
    I disagree on that, breeding with Destiny Knot pass 5 out of the 5 IVs from the parents, so it's perfectly possible to get flawless pokémon.
    Oh it is shiny, that takes SOME luck but it's still perfectly possible and not that as hard as most people think it is.

Page 467 of 472 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471 ... LastLast