Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464
Results 11,576 to 11,589 of 11589

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFromSS View Post
    Just so you know, I just realized that I got the EVS wrong. There are a couple points in HP, but I can't tell how many. I would use a reset bag, but I don't have time.
    It doesn't matter, the OT of that Mew is a known RNGer from Smogon. As already mentioned, it was RNGed on an emulator but otherwise it is considered legal. Since the OT is recognized, something as easily changeable as EVs doesn't really matter for legitimacy (so long as the EVs don't exceed the total amount possible, which is really the only reason this question is part of the form).
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    It doesn't matter, the OT of that Mew is a known RNGer from Smogon. As already mentioned, it was RNGed on an emulator but otherwise it is considered legal. Since the OT is recognized, something as easily changeable as EVs doesn't really matter for legitimacy (so long as the EVs don't exceed the total amount possible, which is really the only reason this question is part of the form).
    Maybe that's why he traded it for a regular Mew that I had...
    16 badges! Get on my level!

Christianity all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
    From the very first post in this same thread:
    "Smogon's Tips for Simple Hack Checks
    General Rules of Thumb for Distinguishing Hacked Pokemon:
    Only 4 natures are possible for 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon caught in generations 3 & 4 (exceptions below). These natures are calm, docile, modest, and timid."
    That statement doesn't mean that Pokemon in Generation III can also be IV 31 all for Calm, Docile, Modest, and Timid. There are 4 IV 31 all possible natures in all of Generation III and IV. And they're all in Generation IV.

I know how RNGing works. There is NO IV 31 all spread ANYWHERE in Generation III, or at least for encounter in Emerald. Ask the guys on Smogon if you must. For Generation IV, yes, there are IV 31 all frames. I use them quite a lot for my RNGing. Not III. At least not in Emerald, which only uses Method 1, which has no IV 31 all frame. For Ruby/Sapphire, it may be possible. I don't know for sure. FRLG? Maybe. Again, don't know. For Emerald? I know it's impossible. Unless there is a perfect spread for Method 1 that the RNG Reporter failed to show because it's like frame 1 billion, then IV 31 all ENCOUNTER Pokemon in Emerald is impossible.
    Last edited by DX 2401PT; Yesterday at 3:26 AM.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    That statement doesn't mean that Pokemon in Generation III can also be IV 31 all for Calm, Docile, Modest, and Timid. There are 4 IV 31 all possible natures in all of Generation III and IV. And they're all in Generation IV.

I know how RNGing works. There is NO IV 31 all spread ANYWHERE in Generation III, or at least for encounter in Emerald. Ask the guys on Smogon if you must. For Generation IV, yes, there are IV 31 all frames. I use them quite a lot for my RNGing. Not III. At least not in Emerald, which only uses Method 1, which has no IV 31 all frame. For Ruby/Sapphire, it may be possible. I don't know for sure. FRLG? Maybe. Again, don't know. For Emerald? I know it's impossible. Unless there is a perfect spread for Method 1 that the RNG Reporter failed to show because it's like frame 1 billion, then IV 31 all ENCOUNTER Pokemon in Emerald is impossible.
    ...what?
    3rd and 4th gen method 1 is exactly the same, all method 1 spreads are (eventually) possible for Emerald, and for Emerald emulator RNGers 1 billion is a reasonable frame (although I prefer a different method that uses the one time Emerald actually seeds properly rather than waiting for high frames).

Hex Timid is 176,562,489 btw.
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

Just to be clear about something:

Are there any Legendary Pokemon that defintely, legally, can have optimal natures AND 5IVs+? Like, I've seen numerous Shiny Genesects, Modest + 6IVs. I have a Shiny Dialga, Modest, with 6IVs in a Master Ball (I got it during my Diamond days).

With the advent of 3IV+ Legends from X/Y onwards, plus the dump of Legends that came with ORAS, I've started actually playing with the idea of using Uber Legendaries. It's just so much easier and legitimately possible to get competatively viable Legends. But there are still plenty you can't control (Pixie Pokemon, event-exclusive Legends, etc).

So, of those out of those that can't be caught by your standard 12 year old XY/ORAS player, what event Legends were gifted with 6IVs, and/or Shiny, and/or with variable Natures?

devilmonkey's Breeding Sanctuary

Click the above image to see my trade shop
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4742 - 5151 - 0620
    IGN: Atomsk

Quote Originally Posted by devilmonkey View Post
    Just to be clear about something:

Are there any Legendary Pokemon that defintely, legally, can have optimal natures AND 5IVs+? Like, I've seen numerous Shiny Genesects, Modest + 6IVs. I have a Shiny Dialga, Modest, with 6IVs in a Master Ball (I got it during my Diamond days).

With the advent of 3IV+ Legends from X/Y onwards, plus the dump of Legends that came with ORAS, I've started actually playing with the idea of using Uber Legendaries. It's just so much easier and legitimately possible to get competatively viable Legends. But there are still plenty you can't control (Pixie Pokemon, event-exclusive Legends, etc).

So, of those out of those that can't be caught by your standard 12 year old XY/ORAS player, what event Legends were gifted with 6IVs, and/or Shiny, and/or with variable Natures?
    It has to do with RNG. Usually natures and IVs are random, but with RNG, you can decide what you get for IVs and natures. Only certain gifted event legends are shiny: Japanese Genesect, Sinnoh Dragons and Johto dogs (afaik, there might be more). Ofcourse encounter legends can be RNGd to shiny, perfect IVs and correcy nature.
    3DS friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)
    Friendsafari: (Steel type) , ,
    My tradinglist

Timezone: GMT +1 / the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Naemeria View Post
    It has to do with RNG. Usually natures and IVs are random, but with RNG, you can decide what you get for IVs and natures. Only certain gifted event legends are shiny: Japanese Genesect, Sinnoh Dragons and Johto dogs (afaik, there might be more). Ofcourse encounter legends can be RNGd to shiny, perfect IVs and correcy nature.
    Rayquaza was given as shiny as well as Jirachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    ...what?
    3rd and 4th gen method 1 is exactly the same, all method 1 spreads are (eventually) possible for Emerald, and for Emerald emulator RNGers 1 billion is a reasonable frame (although I prefer a different method that uses the one time Emerald actually seeds properly rather than waiting for high frames).

Hex Timid is 176,562,489 btw.
    Frame 176 562 489 gets Impish, IVs: 27, 22, 27, 4, 11, 11. Emerald always uses Method 1, and its seed is always 0. I RNGed plenty of times in Emerald and the starting seed was always 0, no exception. Unless there's a way to get a different starting seed that wasn't mentioned.

And if this requires emulator RNG, then doesn't it count as cheating? You'll be doing something that's impossible to do by hand.
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
    Nickname: Rayquaza
    OT: Nate
    OT Gender: Unknown
    IDno: 27977
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    IV's: 31/31/31/17/31/31
    Nature: Adamant
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Air Lock
    Moves: it had Outrage, Fly, Overheat, and Blizzard when received
    Level Caught at: 50
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: 351 HP / 438 Atk / 216 Def / 289 SpA / 217 SpD / 289 Spe
    Location Caught: Johto
    Egg?: No
    Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
    Any other notes?:
    Last edited by NitoriAria; Yesterday at 11:49 PM. Reason: put the wrong ball

0490-4736-0056

Quote Originally Posted by NitoriAria View Post
    Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
    Nickname: Rayquaza
    OT: Nate
    OT Gender: Unknown
    IDno: 27977
    Shiny?: No
    EV's: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    IV's: 31/31/31/17/31/31
    Nature: Adamant
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Air Lock
    Moves: it had Outrage, Fly, Overheat, and Blizzard when received
    Level Caught at: 50
    Current Level: 100
    Stats: 351 HP / 438 Atk / 216 Def / 289 SpA / 217 SpD / 289 Spe
    Location Caught: Johto
    Egg?: No
    Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball
    Any other notes?:
    Looks perfectly fine. 31, 31, 31, 17, 31, 31 is the highest IV spread Adamant nature can get in Generation IV Legendary encounter. HGSS RNG.

Frame 176 562 489 gets Impish, IVs: 27, 22, 27, 4, 11, 11.
    That's 176,652,489, not 176,562,489.
    I RNGed plenty of times in Emerald and the starting seed was always 0, no exception. Unless there's a way to get a different starting seed that wasn't mentioned.
    It seeds properly when you first start a new game, very useful for emulator RNGing.
    And if this requires emulator RNG, then doesn't it count as cheating?
    If you ask 100 different people what counts as cheating you'll get 100 different answers, but unless you're a hard core event collector with amazingly rare things to offer (in which case you're probably not using this thread to check your stuff) the best shiny Mew you can reasonably hope for is from a cheat code to activate the event anyways.
    You'll be doing something that's impossible to do by hand.
    Not impossible, just requires more time than any sane person would spend.
    Meh
    FC: 2921-9432-9088 IGN: David

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    That's 176,652,489, not 176,562,489.
    It seeds properly when you first start a new game, very useful for emulator RNGing.
    If you ask 100 different people what counts as cheating you'll get 100 different answers, but unless you're a hard core event collector with amazingly rare things to offer (in which case you're probably not using this thread to check your stuff) the best shiny Mew you can reasonably hope for is from a cheat code to activate the event anyways.
    Not impossible, just requires more time than any sane person would spend.
    Ah, found it. 2043 days, rounded down, of waiting for that spread to occur. Alright, fine. It IS possible. Technically (who's going to wait 5.5 years, with a capable timer, to try to hit a 1/60 second time zone?).

I suppose it depends on your definition of hacking/cheating. I find this emulator RNG to be acceptable, but barely, as it involves using a cheat to activate the event in the first place, and probably some sort of device/program to get a Pokemon from an emulated game to an actual one.

Looks perfectly fine. 31, 31, 31, 17, 31, 31 is the highest IV spread Adamant nature can get in Generation IV Legendary encounter. HGSS RNG.
    Actually, 31/31/31/24/31/31 is the highest possible IV total for an Adamant nature. The 31/31/31/17/31/31 spread just has the lowest frames and delay, so most people go for that.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Actually, 31/31/31/24/31/31 is the highest possible IV total for an Adamant nature. The 31/31/31/17/31/31 spread just has the lowest frames and delay, so most people go for that.
    Right. Working off of memory here, and I remember going for shiny Adamant IV: 31, 31, 31, 17, 31, 31 because that was the optimal spread for being practically perfect and does not require an insane amount of frame advancements for Sinjoh Ruins RNG.

Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464