Page 5 of 455 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 11367

Thread: Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krishnath View Post
    The first one is. Any starter caught in a master ball is a hack.
    It is a hack but I just want to point out that someone on the first page I believe made note that a starter could be obtained in a Master Ball from a different Pokemon game whether it was the Wii or a different DS game. I may have misinterpreted the post and if so, I apologize. But the fact that the Bulbasaur came from Jhoto at level 4 in a Master Ball makes it a hack.

    Pokemon Y

    Pokemon X

    Omega Ruby

    Alpha Sapphire


  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yang_Wolf View Post
    In reply to Fan and Final
    I hacked a few legendaries and regular Pokemon because I was having zero luck with hatching and restarts. I'm not going around trying to win using these legendaries. I often keep them in my PC boxes or use them because I need them. I never hack natures or EVs and IVs. Just a Pokemon. It's not illegal or disrespectful, they couldn't sell them in big-time Gamestops if they were.
    I do think we should just agree to disagree (Thank-you, Hydrogen.)
    I was just curious about why people hate hacked Pokemon, and I end up with several people after me on it...
    It may not be illegal currently, but it certainly is disrespectful. It is disrespectful to the game makers as you are essentially modifying their code, and it is disrespectful to the people you trade with because you cheated to obtain something easily that others have spent hours, sometimes days, to aquire by non-cheating ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconx03 View Post
    It is a hack but I just want to point out that someone on the first page I believe made note that a starter could be obtained in a Master Ball from a different Pokemon game whether it was the Wii or a different DS game. I may have misinterpreted the post and if so, I apologize. But the fact that the Bulbasaur came from Jhoto at level 4 in a Master Ball makes it a hack.
    As far as I am aware there are no games in which the various starters can be caught in the wild.

    Edit: Checking the third, fourth, and fifth gen pokedexes supports my conclusion.
    Last edited by Krishnath; 19th March 2011 at 6:07 PM.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sinnoh (I wish...)
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Yes,Falcon you were correct - in a Wii game a starter may be caught in a Master ball.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    [IMG]http://oi54.*******.com/11si77q.jpg[/IMG]


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sinnoh (I wish...)
    Posts
    69

    Default

    It is disrespectful to the game makers as you are essentially modifying their code, and it is disrespectful to the people you trade with because you cheated to obtain something easily that others have spent hours, sometimes days, to aquire by non-cheating ways.
    It isn't really that disrespectful. They knew there were people out there that would hack, and the put up very few firewalls. The game can be easily hacked. They didn't even try. As for others, I always ask the person if they want a hacked Pokemon before I trade it to them, and I don't put hacked Pokemon on GTS, unless you count Pokemon caught in a hacked Master ball.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    [IMG]http://oi54.*******.com/11si77q.jpg[/IMG]


  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yang_Wolf View Post
    It isn't really that disrespectful. They knew there were people out there that would hack, and the put up very few firewalls. The game can be easily hacked. They didn't even try. As for others, I always ask the person if they want a hacked Pokemon before I trade it to them, and I don't put hacked Pokemon on GTS, unless you count Pokemon caught in a hacked Master ball.
    I count anything that is hacked, just like the majority of other pokemon players.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex101 View Post
    Pokemon Species:Zoroark
    Nickname: Zoroark in Japanese
    OT: Japanese
    OT Gender: Male
    IDno:05747
    Shiny?: no
    EV's: (if known) Unknown
    IV's: (if known) Unknown
    Nature: Timid
    Characteristic: Often Dozes Off
    Ability: Illusion
    Moves: Dark Pulse/Fake Tears/Punishment/Nasty plot
    Level Caught at: 1
    Current Level: 57
    Stats: 153/128/83/143/87/146
    Location Caught: Route 3
    Egg?:yes
    Pokeball Caught In:
    Any other notes?:
    Looks legit to me because it was hatched the Dark pulse makes sense. It was hatched on route 3 and if the ball is a pokeball that all checks out

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sinnoh (I wish...)
    Posts
    69

    Default

    But other trainers would have caught them as well. I just used a Master ball - because it was quick - and the Pokemon itself was not hacked. And I don't do that all the time. You see? Don't apply any hacker stereotypes to me, because that is untrue and unfair.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    [IMG]http://oi54.*******.com/11si77q.jpg[/IMG]


  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yang_Wolf View Post
    But other trainers would have caught them as well. I just used a Master ball - because it was quick - and the Pokemon itself was not hacked. And I don't do that all the time. You see? Don't apply any hacker stereotypes to me, because that is untrue and unfair.
    It doesn't matter if you only did it once (and I sincerely doubt you only did it once), the point is, you did it, and that makes you a cheater and a hacker.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UStrainer40137 View Post
    I got this shiny on GTS (It's Japanese), it looks legit, but I'm making sure.
    Name: Kyurem
    Nickname: Airisu (Iris' JP name)
    OT/ID (in blue) Genosekuto, 64231
    Poké Ball used: Master Ball
    Location: Giant Chasm apparently met at Lv75
    Nature: Relaxed
    Current Level: 100 (recieved in trade at Lv100)
    Stats: HP 387, Atk 306, Def 238, SpAtk 291, SpDef 211, Speed 225
    EVs/IVs: IDK, but I got it from GTS, so they're within legal parameters.
    Moves: Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Fly.

    Let me know if I missed any info, and of course Kyurem's legitimacy.

    One thing I have to wonder. You say the Nickname is Airisu. Japanese games have a character limit of 5, so if this was obtained in a Japanese game, I wonder how this nickname could fit if it wasn't a hack.

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black&White View Post
    One thing I have to wonder. You say the Nickname is Airisu. Japanese games have a character limit of 5, so if this was obtained in a Japanese game, I wonder how this nickname could fit if it wasn't a hack.
    The japanese language does not use letters as we are used to them, rather it uses sounds, thus a longer word can contain as little as three or four symbols. You can look it up on wikipedia.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    That's not legit I don't think. Who would use their only masterball on a metagross or beldum in the sandstorm area?
    I used my Master Ball on a shiny Beldum because it was about to kill itself with Take Down.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sinnoh (I wish...)
    Posts
    69

    Default

    It doesn't matter if you only did it once (and I sincerely doubt you only did it once), the point is, you did it, and that makes you a cheater and a hacker.
    I'm not saying I'm not. But I don't think it's really cheating if I:
    Did not do it illegally
    Did not use hacked Pokemon in official battle tournaments.
    Do not give someone a hacked Pokemon without permission.
    Did not cheat in the early stages of a Pokemon game.
    Do not trade hacks on GTS. (With a cheat code, I can get my Pokemon on the game, not GTS. I sometimes trade on GTS for event Pokemon I missed, such as Celebi.)
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

    [IMG]http://oi54.*******.com/11si77q.jpg[/IMG]


  13. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yang_Wolf View Post
    I'm not saying I'm not. But I don't think it's really cheating if I:
    Did not do it illegally
    Did not use hacked Pokemon in official battle tournaments.
    Do not give someone a hacked Pokemon without permission.
    Did not cheat in the early stages of a Pokemon game.
    Do not trade hacks on GTS. (With a cheat code, I can get my Pokemon on the game, not GTS. I sometimes trade on GTS for event Pokemon I missed, such as Celebi.)
    Doesn't matter, you did it, the game is hacked, you are a cheater. Heck, you just admitted to trading for event pokemon with hacked pokes, that means that you are deliberately scamming other players, and that is even worse.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    GURREN LAGANN
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Ok, to the guy saying hacking is cheating, disrespectful, unfair, and blah blah blah

    don't be a prick to people you don't know on the internet, don't ACCUSE them of doing something illegally, because THAT is disrespectful

    second, these games are to let people have fun, as far as I know, spending 12 days of your time hatching for a shiny deino doesnt sound very fun, so a lot of hackers want to have fun, without constantly having to do stuff like SRing, REing, MMing that take precious time out of their lives. I have a friend who hacks shinies and others in pokemon games, but thats only because he has A JOB, A LIFE outside of the game, and pretty much only plays pokemon every once in a while during his free time, and even then, he doesnt use hacked pokemon in official tournaments

    so, THINK before you ACT

    /endrant

    EDIT: @above, the guy didnt say he traded hacks on the GTS for events, he might trade stuff like LEGIT pokemon caught in HACKED masterballs, but who cares? the pokemon is legit, he didn't want to spend time trying to catch the stupid pokemon

    Also, this is a HACK CHECK THREAD, not a "OMG he is a hacker, report that disrespectful cheater!" thread, this is a thread to help people, not punish others, so let my post END this current discussion and go back to checking hacks, mmkay?
    Last edited by Lucario0708; 19th March 2011 at 7:51 PM.

    He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

        Spoiler:- image thanks:

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black&White View Post
    I used my Master Ball on a shiny Beldum because it was about to kill itself with Take Down.
    I know *facepalm* I forgot all they know is takedown so I feel dumb now

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Name: Oshawott
    OT: (Japanese Name)
    ID No. 03655
    Exp. Points: 240
    Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Calm
    Types: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun
    Level Caught: Egg apparently hatched.
    HP: 25
    Attack: 12
    Defense: 11
    S.Att: 15
    S.Def: 12
    Speed: 12
    Location: Route 3
    Caught With: Pokeball.

    dam im disappointed to hear that bulba's hacked think i got it on gts wat about oshawot?

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Strange that the name is still Oshawott when it was clearly hatched from a Japanese OT... But other than that it looks legit.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Pokemon Species:Zoroark
    Nickname:
    OT:It's in Japanese...
    OT Gender: IDno:46478
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known)
    Nature: Mild
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Illusion
    Moves:Night Daze, Flamethrower, U-turn, Shadow Ball
    Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
    Current Level: 78
    Stats:219,212,111,258,129,212
    Location Caught:
    Egg?: Yes
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Any other notes?: I got mine at level 55 on GTS Negotiation
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mychemro View Post
    Pokemon Species:Zoroark
    Nickname:
    OT:It's in Japanese...
    OT Gender: IDno:46478
    Shiny?: Yes
    EV's: (if known)
    IV's: (if known)
    Nature: Mild
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Ability: Illusion
    Moves:Night Daze, Flamethrower, U-turn, Shadow Ball
    Level Caught at: Hatched from Egg
    Current Level: 78
    Stats:219,212,111,258,129,212
    Location Caught:
    Egg?: Yes
    Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
    Any other notes?: I got mine at level 55 on GTS Negotiation
    It looks legit to me but I hope that it's been EV trained cause if not the stats are whack.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    126

    Default

    I ev trained it and thank you for the help
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    when looking at the first page of the summary on oshawott it has the Dex No. 007 in red under that it has Oshawot the OT is written in japanese and in the top right corner where theres a nickname more japanese writing spelt differently

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    london, England GMT
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Can't beleive AR is allowed to be sold in shops.

    don't gamefreak/nintendo have anything to say about it?

    White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

  23. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniteftw View Post
    Can't beleive AR is allowed to be sold in shops.

    don't gamefreak/nintendo have anything to say about it?
    They tried to get it banned in the late 80's/early 90's. Unfortunately they failed at the time.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Name: Serperior
    OT: Me
    ID No. 54820
    Exp. Points: 93012
    Shiny: No
    Nature: Impish
    Types: Grass
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Growth, Mega Drain, Leaf Blade, Giga Drain
    Level Caught: Met at level 5.
    HP: 140
    Attack: 93
    Defense: 118
    S.Att: 80
    S.Def: 101
    Speed: 131
    Location: Nuvema Town
    Caught With: Pokeball.

    having trouble finding my starters IV's its saying it does not compute how come?

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hidden Hollow Dweller
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    Strange that the name is still Oshawott when it was clearly hatched from a Japanese OT... But other than that it looks legit.
    English language versions can use Japanese Hirigana and Katakana symbols, just like the Japanese version can use English letters.

Page 5 of 455 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •