Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    They used their old motto in episode 6? My memories fading, I thought they last used it in that DP episode when they wanted to "Do things like they used to" A lean Mean team rocket Machine I think.
    I think what Sabonea_Masukippa is saying is that they didn't say their old motto, they said their Best Wishes Motto (as is in 'future' 'universe', I'm assuming there aren't real variations of it but I could be wrong. If there is then this could just be a variation of it).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I think what Sabonea_Masukippa is saying is that they didn't say their old motto, they said their Best Wishes Motto (as is in 'future' 'universe', I'm assuming there aren't real variations of it but I could be wrong. If there is then this could just be a variation of it).
    Oh, then how is that their old motto, well it doesn't matter, it looked cool anyway.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Oh, then how is that their old motto, well it doesn't matter, it looked cool anyway.
    Well someone must've gotten confused and thought it was their old motto (whatever that means) since it could either be Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Motto, Battle Frontier Motto, or their Sinnoh Motto.

Since all of three mottos are technically their "old" motto in comparison to their Best Wishes. I mean just WHAT is their old motto when referring to best wishes. They (the writers) obviously gave Team Rocket a new motto, merely because it's a new generation. So what the hell motto would they fall back on if their Best Wishes was only for their "serious" attitude?

But anyway I can't vouch for what they said, since like I said Keyhole just STOPPED conveniently when Team Rocket were talking to the secretary and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get it back, so I missed a whole bunch of crap.

Still pissed James caught a Pokemon though, simply because I didn't see it, and I didn't want to be spoiled (coming on here, and I had no idea it was going to happen in the slightest, so don't even dare argue that it's my fault for coming on here and being spoiled, James catching a Pokemon in this episode, was probably before it happened the least likeliest thing to happen in a gym battle, so yeah don't even start with me). I mean Swadloon losing to Leavanny was painfully obvious, Pikachu beating Leavanny for the badge, painfully obvious. Though I'm as well pissed that I missed the Oshawott scene, damn you life, stop sucking.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Oh okay, I understand, I think. Who cares anyway.

Awww, I missed Oshawott, and I missed James catching the Pokemon because I was posting here, I blame myself.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

LoL, since the start of BW people where moaning that while the serious TR where cool they still missed their old comical side, then after a small hit that they may be returning to their routes in this episode people have already started moaning that they miss the serious TR? The Writers just can't win can they.
    Personally I am looking forward to having them back, I always loved the fun TR and really missed watching Ash battle them. However hopefully they will still keep some of that seriousness and share their screentime equally between trying to capture Pikachu, and find their boss/take down Plasma. Its clear from the Alien episode scans that they still have all their serious gadgetry.

As for Yemask, new Haze user maybe?
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    LoL, since the start of BW people where moaning that while the serious TR where cool they still missed their old comical side, then after a small hit that they may be returning to their routes in this episode people have already started moaning that they miss the serious TR? The Writers just can't win can they.
    Different people. Serious Team Rocket's reaction was always a mixed one. Some loved it others hated it. The people who loved it are the ones getting annoyed. Personally I'm just annoyed that after finally getting a change of clothes they're going back to their old ones.

Originally Posted by Playerking
    Awww, I missed Oshawott, and I missed James catching the Pokemon because I was posting here, I blame myself.
    Surprised to know James has a ghost pokemon......which is strong. I wish it would evolve.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Yup.....I wonder why Ash took his Pikachu rather than his Tranquill.
    Pokemon writers are confusing!!!
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Different people. Serious Team Rocket's reaction was always a mixed one. Some loved it others hated it. The people who loved it are the ones getting annoyed. Personally I'm just annoyed that after finally getting a change of clothes they're going back to their old ones.
    Might only be a temporary change, could just be a visual clue to the audience to show them as "disbanded", wonder why and where they keep their old uniforms though? Shame they never got their old Pokemon back wonder if they will be mentioned?
    Atleast they will have all their fancy briefcase gadgets, so doubt we will be seeing the return of the Meowth Balloon, or Magikarp sub, and with no funding no random POTD Mechs.

Bit of a shame that the TR vs. TP got spoiled, however its completely understandable as to why. Plus its not like Ash turned up with 30 Bouffalant.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 17th March 2011 at 1:36 PM.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Haven't gotten to watch the episode yet, and pictures aren't up yet, but thanks to Sabonea_Masukippa I know what's going on. So thanks for the summary of the episode.

So Team Rocket disbanded huh...interesting. Jessie, James, and Meowth going to try and find Giovanni, I would like it if they didn't go back to their old ways where they get blasted off all the time, I wouldn't mind hearing their motto now and again though. They have their White Clothes back though...I think it would be a little more interesting if one was in White and the other in Black should be obvious why I think that. Jessie, James, and Meowth sure are loyal people, they wont stop at nothing until they helped Giovanni get what he wants, the ideal workers.

Ash wins his badge which was basically confirmed prior to the episode thanks to the scan. Sewaddle evolves in the gym battle, glad it didn't evolve in the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episode. Tepig gets bashed up right away which I predicted, and Sewaddle/Swadloon gets two wins(1 for each), then Pikachu beats Leavanny. Pretty much how I saw it coming(Not at first though).

James gets Yamask. So I was right...just was about 10 episodes to soon to say it(I guess that is James' Yamask in BW33).

The episode sure sounds interesting, can't wait to see it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Personally I am looking forward to having them back, I always loved the fun TR and really missed watching Ash battle them. However hopefully they will still keep some of that seriousness and share their screentime equally between trying to capture Pikachu, and find their boss/take down Plasma. Its clear from the Alien episode scans that they still have all their serious gadgetry.

As for Yemask, new Haze user maybe?
    Excuse me but some of us including me were ecstatic about serious TR. I was absolutely loving them and to see that they could possibly be going back to their old ways permanently sadness me. Hopefully this is only temporary.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TR is back to their old ways! Crap crap crap crap crap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TR is back to their old ways! Crap crap crap crap crap!!!
    I don't think Jessie, James, and Meowth trying to find Giovanni and possibly get Team Rocket back together again would be classified as their "Old ways". From what I heard, the only thing they went back to was their old clothes. Till I see them go blasting off in almost all the episodes I wouldn't consider it "Old ways".

If anything, I'd say the writers want to have them about in the middle. Not be completely serious where they pretty much seem like completely new characters, but not just characters used mainly for comedic purposes. Basically, how they were in BW004 may play out as the norm for them now, to me in that episode they didn't feel like the new serious Team Rocket but weren't the old Team Rocket either, they were in the middle which had a little something for everyone.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

It'll be nice if they keep their white uniforms, I've missed those... and if they come face to face with Ash a bit more, at least that opens up the evolution opportunities again

In a way I hope the seriousness subsides, but I don't want them to be quite as stupid as before. I mean if James treats this Desumasu like a baby and then catches a Marakacchi, i'll be pretty annoyed.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

They will probably just be like this, until Giovanni returns, I wonder what the heck happened to make them disband, I want to see those two episodes even more.

Seeing them in their old uniforms and seeing James capturing a Pokemon, was probably a highlight to me, and at least this battle and this gym, was better than Nacrene's don't even get me started on the Nacrene city gym battle.

wow another anime rule got broken is this the first time one of Ash's pokemon has evolved in a gym fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    wow another anime rule got broken is this the first time one of Ash's pokemon has evolved in a gym fight?
    Yep, the first time, and I'm glad, because Swadloon looks awesome, and I think after it evolved, it's sting shot attack, is now stronger.

So my biggest fears are confirmed, ******* Team Rocket is probably back, urgh.

What they even got back with their old clothing? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Damn episode 33 pictures were giving me that vibe.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 17th March 2011 at 2:39 PM.

I'm pretty disappointed that they chose to throw this one to Pikachu rather than Tranquil. Tepig going down quickly was a surprise, as was Sewaddle/Swadloon getting TWO victories (we all knew it would evolve in the battle though- I believe that's a first for the series!). As for Team Rocket, I'm glad that they're going back to actually having personalities, but I could do without them showing up in every episode with a silly capture plan. I'd rather see them go off and do their own thing (musicals maybe?) and only meet up with the gang every now and again, while mostly being entangled in the Plasma storyline. I wonder if, as Giovanni is gone, he'll be succeeded by the four admins from HGSS. It wouldn't be the first time the anime featured previously skipped characters from earlier generations (Like Wallace in the middle of Sinnoh). Yamask is a welcome addition... I wonder how long it will be until Woobat and Yamask evolve though, as Team Rocket tend to have evolved pokemon. Typical that a pokemon called Cofagrigus should fall to James, of all people...
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

It sounds to me that Team Rocket aren't reverting back to their old, incompetent selves completely. The artwork from BW033 suggests this. The Team Rocket plotline in Best Wishes has not ended; their goal now is to find Giovani. For the time being I don't expect them to be as serious, but at the same time I don't expect them to appear in every episode to try and capture Pikachu with random robots.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltTacklingPika View Post
    It sounds to me that Team Rocket aren't reverting back to their old, incompetent selves completely. The artwork from BW033 suggests this. The Team Rocket plotline in Best Wishes has not ended; their goal now is to find Giovani. For the time being I don't expect them to be as serious, but at the same time I don't expect them to appear in every episode to try and capture Pikachu with random robots.
    Well the BW033 Artwork doesn't exactly tell us, that they are still evil, sure the techniques look like they are still being serious, but they could still be in their white uniforms, like in this episode and they are still using advanced equipment. But as I've said before, I like that they've changed back, I hated their Black uniforms, I prefer their white ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    TR appearance. Guess they survived the previous episodes.
    They're back in their old costumes! Oh gawd, does this mean 13 more years with attempts to capture Pikachu each episode..?
    AND JAMES CAPTURES A RANDOM YAMASK BY FEEDING IT FOOD?! Eh, at least he finally caught something that doesn't bite/hug him all the time.
    Kinda like Cacturne when you think about it.
    But this makes me sadface. I kinda enjoyed not having Team Rocket around. They were still there, but weren't being failures at everything they do and interaction with Ash & Co was minimal. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTR is back to their old ways! Crap crap crap crap crap!!!
    I wonder why you jump the gun so fast? Have you seen future episodes?

Sure Team Rocket disbanded but they will try to find Giovanni, who knows the possibilities they have now in the show and Team Plasma will probably get a lot more spotlight.

I was close in my gym battle prediction. At least I got the Pokemon right.

I'll have to watch this later, I'm excited. How did this episode not get banned if it references the previous 2? Looks like Team Plasma is way stronger than we thought, and Team Rocket is officially disbanded. I wonder what JJM will do. At least James has a Yamask. It fits him, especially Cofagrigus.

TR's not fully disbanded, only temporarily until they find Giovanni.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast