Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

-The Castelia Gym looks much less ridiculous than it did in the games! Now it's just trees everywhere, instead of a mixture of honey walls & normal walls plastered with artwork.
    -Come on, Burgh. Less babbling about how the forest-gym makes bug Pokemon happy and more battlng!
    -There we go. Burgh leads with...Dwebble! Which has a lighter shell than Cilan's Dwebble, btw. I'm not sure why the animators felt the distinction was necessary when Cilan's not the one fighting here, but eh, whatever.
    -Haha, Iris notices that they look different too. Burgh's Dwebble also seems to have sliiiightly more seperated eyes than Cilan's does. I can get the shell color difference, but bothering to draw THAT differently is kind of ridiculous!
    -Using Protect once? Annoying, but I can deal with it. Using it again, right as Tepig goes in for a Nitro Charge? Christ, I know it's effective, but it's still boring as hell to watch.
    -And Tepig is down. Hopefully the battle will get more interesting now that they've gotten the "look! Burgh's Pokemon are strong!" bit out of the way.
    -Cilan:"Hm, Ash could use Oshawott since it's water type, or have Pikachu use Iron Tail..." Ash:"SEWADDLE, GO!!!" Oh, Ash.
    -Pfft, Cilan & Iris' reactions to this are just great.
    -STOP WITH THE GODDAMNED PROTECT, BURGH.
    -Seriously, STOP IT. Unless this is leading up to an illustration of what happens when you repeatedly use Protect. But Burgh's been making sure to use other attacks in between each use of Protect, so...
    -It's almost comedic how quickly Dwebble fainted once Ash caught it off-guard. That's what happens when you rely on Protect as your sole defense against attacks, jerk!
    -Up next is: Whirlipede! AKA "the lamest part of the (still cool as hell) Venipede line."
    -I retract my "Whirilipede is lame" statement. It just spun around like a goddamned buzzsaw!
    -By the time Sewaddle actually gets an attack in, Whirlipede uses...Iron Defense. Oi.
    -Burgh goes to finish Sewaddle off with...Solar Beam? But that's doubly not very effective against Sewaddle! Is Ash's refusal to make logical type matchups starting to rub off on his opponents?
    -Sewaddle endures it, and...evolves! GREAT JOB, BURGH.
    -The only bad part of this is that Swadloon is no longer eye-meltingly adorable.
    -Apparently, Swadloon's string shots now shoot 3 strings at once. That's kinda weird.
    -Whirilpede is down! Burgh should be embarassed that Ash is sweeping his gym with his specialty type, doncha think?
    -Haha, Leavanny's entrance is dramatic enough to warrant the opening cutscene music from the games!
    -JJ&M are eating up valuable screentime again. Apparently TR as a whole isn't too pleased with how the events of the postponed episodes went down. And...oh for FUCK'S sake Meowth, you're babbling about Pikachu again?
    -...w...why are they doing the motto now?
    -They're back in their white uniforms! And Meowth was obsessing about Pikachu again, so...oh dear god, PLEASE don't let this mean what I think it means. (or at least have the writers show some restaint by continuing to have TR-less episodes)
    -My emotions of abject "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" aside, this is a pretty damned-well animated motto!
    -Yep, they're just obsessing about Pikachu again. Fuck.
    -Then a random human soul Pokemon...I mean, Yamask shows up.
    -Jessie's about to attack the human soul Pokemon Yamask, but James has a better idea...giving it Pokemon food! Because even spirits need to eat, I guess? At any rate, Yamask willingly joins James. Finally, people can stop whining that he doesn't have a Pokemon!
    -Now back to your regularly scheduled "Pokemon VS its own evolution" battle. Swadloon starts with energy ball, and Leavanny uses...protect. *sigh*
    -Swadloon gets hit with Hyper Beam and goes down. Yeah, sure, whatever.
    -Oshawott pops out, and...manages to knock off its own shell while proudly beating its chest. THIS IS CLEARLY THE POKEMON THAT WILL WIN EVERYTHING FOR ASH!
    -Then Ash decides to use Pikachu. Oshawott is devistated, to put it lightly.
    -Burgh says stuff about Unova(presumably HEY THAT'S NOT A UNOVA POKEMON since that's clearly not gotten old yet), and...Cilan calls Pikachu Ash's vintage. Aww.
    -How on earth is that String Shot supposed to have slowed Pika down? It's only BARELY interfering with one leg!
    -And it's even interfering with Thunderbolt? I call bullshit!
    -Blah blah battle blah blah Ash wins blah.

Honestly, I wasn't too fond of this episode. Burgh pulled off too much bullshit with Dwebble and Leavanny to hold my interest in their battles, and TR reverting back to their pre-BW ways was quite a letdown. (and before anyone goes HURP DURP WELL BW TR WAS ALSO BORING DERP DERP, this isn't the topic for that debate)

...although after doing my usual write-up, I read that TR actually disbanded(!!!), so...does that mean that JJ&M will just be wandering around forever, vainly hoping that they can get the team back together if they could only get that damned Pikachu? Well, whatever happens this...still isn't the topic to debate that!
    EDIT: And now I hear that TR wasn't disbanded, Gio was just too busy to speak to JJM. Either way, I'm hoping TR continues their recent tradition of not taking up too much screentime. :<
    Last edited by Juputoru; 18th March 2011 at 2:35 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Oh, then how is that their old motto, well it doesn't matter, it looked cool anyway.
    The motto is still the new one but the background music was the one used in DP not the most recent one from Best wishes...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Best gym battle so far. I love Swadloon, the voice was so cute.

One thing I didn't like is how Leavanny looks like a pokemon that can move around, it seems agile yet it stayed in one place and launched attacks. It barely moved. I would have loved to see the bug run, dodge, and be more physical.

Oshawott was EXTREMELY cute. I love when the shell falls.

I find it ironic how they have mentioned in two gyms Pidove/Tranquill was the best choice yet Ash doesn't really use her. Sad...

Watch Ash use Tranquil in the electric Gym, given he's been purposely using type disadvantages in every BW match so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Watch Ash use Tranquil in the electric Gym, given he's been purposely using type disadvantages in every BW match so far.
    This. Iris and Cilan pointed out in this episode twice that Ash was choosing the wrong types.

This was one of those episodes that got much better from the beginning. Tepig had it rough, but I'm kind of glad it lost. Swadloon did well. I love the Best Wishes instumental theme, which I'm now calling the 'evolution song'. Pikachu finally taking out a strong Pokemon ended the battle well.

I have no idea what is happening with Team Rocket, or what will happen, but I'm excited. Looks like they might be going back to their original selves. If they can have a serious and comedic attitude at times, that would be great. And I'm glad to see James catch a Yamask.

Best gym battle so far.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I hope volt tackle is gone personally. The fact that pikachu rarely ever seemed to take any recoil damage from it when it's supposed to cause a lot of it was pretty cheap imo and I like Electro Ball tons more.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I hope volt tackle is gone personally. The fact that pikachu rarely ever seemed to take any recoil damage from it when it's supposed to cause a lot of it was pretty cheap imo and I like Electro Ball tons more.
    But it and Iron Tail were both moves it put a lot of time and effort into learning. It would be a shame for that effort to go to waste if it doesn't use it ever again.

I think the reason why Ash chose Sewaddle for his gym battle was to show Burg how well he's bonded with it since last time
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 18th March 2011 at 5:51 AM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    i hate this show now i cannot beleive it you know what this means

since badass team rocket was better in the dub then the raw but comedic team rocket sucked in the dub

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS NOW WERE GONNA HAVE A HORRIBLE DUB AND RAW THIS IS SOOOOOOO STUPID' I CANNOT BELIEVE IM SAYING THIS BUT I HOPE THE FLOODS DESTROY AND KILL ALL THE WRITERS FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THE BEST THING IN THE SHOW

YOU HAVE RUINED POKEMON I HATE UUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Overreact much???? OMG how can you wish them death -_- I seriously hope you're joking... if not then you're mentally unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    But it and Iron Tail were both moves it put a lot of time and effort into learning. It would be a shame for that effort to go to waste if it doesn't use it ever again.
    If I'm not mistaken it learned volt tackle by pure chance. It had stored up a lot of electricity from having to cut off thunderbolt and in an attempt to do quick attack all that energy was released to form volt tackle. I don't really see how that counts as putting a lot of effort into learning.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

you dont know how bad comedic team rocket are i hate them they were the reason why i hated diamond and pearl and the dub isn't good with goofy team rocket only badass team rocket i dont understand why thE writers would ruin the show THIS IS WORSE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO POKEMON EVER
    Yes, because this one small minor change will ruin the show FOREVER....

>_>

Did Oshawott and Tepig have a type disadvantage against Lenora's Pokemon? Did Pikachu have a disadvantage to Panpour? No. The only ones that include Ash using a Pokemon at a disadvantage are Oshawott vs. Pansage and Sewaddle/Swadloon vs. Dwebble and Venipede. Tepig against Pansear was somewhat of a defensive choice, with neither having an advantage over the other (until Pansear pulled Dig out of his tail), and Swadloon against Leavanny put both Pokemon at an advantage over the other. Taking other battles into consideration...well, all I can think of is Ash vs. Trip, which included Ash making smart choices like Pikachu vs. Tranquill (after sending out Tepig, of course :l), Snivy vs. Servine (defensively it's a good choice), and Snivy vs. Frillish (not that it exactly turned out well in the end).

As for this episode itself, I've got to say that Whirlipede was about the best part. That thing was going like a freaking buzz-saw! I was expecting it to cut poor Sewaddle in half! Oh, and of course, Team Rocket returning to their old comedic selves is always a good thing. If they keep tackling some more serious missions, then we'll just have the perfect balance, with important goals but funny personalities.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Overreact much???? OMG how can you wish them death -_- I seriously hope you're joking... if not then you're mentally unstable.
    He is either 8 or trolling don't take it seriously, either way or even if there is a third option.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th March 2011 at 6:44 AM.

you dont know how bad comedic team rocket are i hate them they were the reason why i hated diamond and pearl and the dub isn't good with goofy team rocket only badass team rocket i dont understand why thE writers would ruin the show THIS IS WORSE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO POKEMON EVER
    I loved their comedics antics until Hoenn and while I somehow agree about DP they staled to death to the point they were unbearable! you're overreacting -_- you don't know what's going to happen, maybe Giovanni will give them more orders in the future, in BW33 sketches James and Jessie looked damn serious. Everyone don't know what's going to happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He is either 8 or trolling don't take it seriously, either way or even if there is a third option.
    I was hoping he wasn't being serious but look at his signature...

It's been gathered that TR hasn't disbanded nor is Giovanni missing (probably) for gosh sakes. People should stop overreacting. It's quite pathetic.
    {Insert signature here}

Of want to stop watching Pokemon .....team rockets if returned Comedy is not the first time in the show
    Last edited by team rocket4ever; 18th March 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Actually, I could see him doing that as a way to combat Emolga. The nice thing about Flying-types is their maneuverability (please let me have spelled that right since I'm posting this from my iPod) compared to other types.

EDIT: Now that I'm on an actual computer, let's take the time to reflect on the good and bad of this episode.

GOOD
    -James catches a Yamask, so he's actually useful again.
    -We now know that even if Team Rocket as an organization disbands, the Trio are here to stay. Love or hate, I literally can't imagine the anime without them.
    -The return of old Jessie means that Woobat actually has a chance to evolve.

BAD
    -TR returning to their white uniforms makes the whole episode feel like a Unova version of a DP Gym battle. This is good for Teshub, since he likes DP, along with earthquakes, tsunamis, and nuclear meltdowns. And it doesn't help that Iris is rumored to get an Emolga, which is basically just a reskinned Pachirisu. If Unova suddenly starts up a Contest circuit and Iris becomes a Coordinator, then we know we've got a problem.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 18th March 2011 at 1:56 PM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I loved their comedics antics until Hoenn and while I somehow agree about DP they staled to death to the point they were unbearable!
    Didn't you say you didn't even watch DP, so how would you know? I believe TR got stale a long time ago. I think the problem is that people are too fond of their favorite series that they automatically see everything about it being just about perfect.

you're overreacting -_- you don't know what's going to happen, maybe Giovanni will give them more orders in the future, in BW33 sketches James and Jessie looked damn serious. Everyone don't know what's going to happen next.
    Here's the funny part, P.O.K.E.M.O.N is acting just like you were back when DP was airing. Take a look at your posts from that time. If you have a favorite series you will give it the benefit of the doubt many times. Realistically nobody can say that Johto, Hoenn, BF, and Sinnoh TR are different from each other. I'll give you Kanto, back then TR used guns and James became an actual transgender. However they still had the same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Ok. Here we go. Just a few (Major) clarifications. I apologise in advance as Key Hole was being laggy last night which meant I misheard some things.

- Burgh has moved part of the Pinwheel Forest into the Gym for the bug Pokemon (so they feel more at home).
    - As to be expected, both Trainers are limited to 3 Pokemon each.
    - Burgh's Dwebble is carrying a different kind of stone that is lighter than most, which is why it's so fast.
    - For his own reasons Ash spams Tackle for most of the battle with Dwebble.
    - When he finally does use Nitro Charge, Burgh and Dwebble use protect.
    - Followed immediately by Rock Wrecker which knocks Tepig out.
    - Cilan thinks Burgh was waiting for Tepig to get close before using the attack.
    - Iris asks 'Of the Pokemon Ash has on him, who can beat Dwebble now?' Cilan responds 'Either a water-type move from Oshawott or Pikachu's Iron Tail.'
    - Ash, god bless him, says 'Bug vs bug!' as he sends out Sewaddle.
    - Although both are surprised, Cilan says 'This tastes just like Ash, though.'
    - Tranquil was indeed sent to Prof. Juniper.
    - Whirlipede has Solar Beam not Aurora Beam. Dunno what I was thinking.
    - TR is NOT disbanded. Giovanni is (probably) NOT missing. The TRio ask the secretary to speak to him, she declines and says he is very busy. They ask if he said what they should do next - she says that he said they are free to do what they like, and work hard for Team Rocket.
    - The TRio doesn't know what to do; they ponder about the meaning of the orders.
    - Meowth does indeed say they should track down Pikachu for Giovanni and James agrees, leading into the motto.
    - Jessie goes to attack the Yamask when it appears, James thinks its hungry and feeds it.
    - He then catches it.
    - Jessie and Meowth claim a victory for Giovanni because of the capture.
    - Then we're back at the gym battle.
    - Ash uses Swadloon's own Razor Leaf to break through Leavanny's String Shot.
    - Pikachu uses or is ordered to use Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Electro Ball and Iron Tail during the battle.
    - Pikachu gets Leavanny in the neck with an Iron Tail. In the neck.
    -

Apologies again.
    Thanks for the clear up.

So Giovanni isn't missing and the group isn't disbanded...well there goes the great potential I saw coming from that.

I really hope Team Rocket doesn't blast off again, I don't mind their "older" personality staying(Since I like their personality a lot) but the blasting off all the time I could do without.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Finally James gets a poke'mon. I was wondering when that was gonna happen. Quite a lot of things happened here too. I always wanted a gym battle in which Ash's poke'mon would evolve and win the battle, and I finally got it too. Pretty good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Ok you do know that this episode comes after the TR vs TP arc right? Those episodes were skipped.
    There's still those sketches of James and that Elgyem, proving this isn't permanent.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Didn't you say you didn't even watch DP, so how would you know?
    I watched all of DP last year and while it's NOT bad it remains the worst saga for me.

and Kanto/Orange Islands TR is the funniest IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    There's still those sketches of James and that Elgyem, proving this isn't permanent.
    That's what I've been saying, I don't think this is permanent and maybe they'll be switching from silly to serious and viceversa?

Hey guys, remember that this thread is for discussion of the episode. In other words, discussion of TR's future behavior don't belong here. Luckily for you, this thread in Anime Spoilers is a perfect place to hold that discussion instead! Go post about TR's reversion to their old behavior(however temporary or permanent it may be) there!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

The animation in this episode seemed totally wonky. O_o Burgh creeped me out most of the time. However the one bit of animation that was awesome was Team Rocket's motto. That was bad arse.

This episode also pulled a lot of things out of it's behind. Sewaddle evolution and James capture in some of the most unexciting ways. Ok, sure.

Marry the Night

Wow people your idiots for saying TR are back to there old selfs just because of this one episode. Yes there back in white and not serious. However until we seethe next episode we can't really say for sure. With Gio MIA it makes sense for them to take it easy. Besides who cares if there in white again it is called Black and White after all! Plus what about ep 33

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast