Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

Great episode. It was annoying that Tepig was used in a gym battle again, but at least Sewaddle got two wins and evolved into Swadloon! I would have preferred Tranquill over Pikachu against Leavanny, but whatever. I like that James got his First Pokémon in Unova too.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Well, I guess we'll never see the Team Plasa/Team rocket 2-parter.

(Sigh) it looks like the old TR is back to stealing Pikachu for the boss again. That really annoyed me. I was hoping things would change with them, like with a new objective: Capturing rare Unova Pokemon for Ginovanni. Which, by the way, I hope he's alright. I know that woman was lying to them about him.

I'll sure miss Sewaddle, but it was tight that it and its evolved form got 2 wins out of the deal.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

It's a great episode. Ash battles Burgh for the Insect Badge. Sewaddle evolves into Swadloon, which is cool. Ash's Pikachu beats Burgh's Leavanny with a powerful Electro Ball. Ash gets the Insect Badge in the end.

Meanwhile, James gets a Yamask. Still no news about the two-parter though.

Do the TRio rhyme again?

Well, Ash has another badge and proves once again that type advantage only exists when the plot requires it. The Bug/Grass type beats a Bug/Rock type and a Bug/Poison type and the Electric type beat the Bug/Grass type. The only battle that bored me was Sewaddle/Swadloon vs Whirlepede, so this won't bother me too much.

I'd prefer that Tranquil was used over Tepig, since Tepig already had two gym battles and Tranquil has none. Since both Pokémon have an advantage over Bugs and a disadvantage against Rocks, no major plot editing would be required. But alas, the poor bird will rot in its ball for another 10 or so episodes before it does anything noteworthy. Or anything at all for that matter.

As for TR, I'm glad that James finally has a Pokémon after 25 23 episodes. At first I was disappointed with its Dub voice, as James' Yamask in Japan sounds like Ash's Bayleef in English, and I was hoping James' Yamask in English would also have Ash's Bayleef's English voice. Just this morning I learned that Bayleef's English voice actor is her Japanese voice actor, so the dub would have to get a new voice actor for Yamask.

I still hate the Unova motto, but I love that the used the Sinnoh motto music. I'll leave most of my opinions about TRio out of this post for the sake of the reader and just say that I'm happy that they showed emotion in this episode. Also:

"And it's Team Rocket for the win!" - Jessie, James, and Meowth; English dub of Episode BW25 BW23.

----

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Well, I guess we'll never see the Team Plasa/Team rocket 2-parter.
    It'll probably be retconed into the series at a later date, like the Fishing Episode was. Maybe they'll even edit Yamask into the episode?!
    Last edited by Sapphire Kirby; 10th July 2011 at 2:41 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Does anyone else think that the judge in this episode sounds like Groucho Marx?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Do the TRio rhyme again?
    Nope. And why the hell would they? They rhymed in DP because Zoppi apparently thought kids would find that funny rather than annoying. They don't in BW since they're barely goofy, save for some dialogue and certain actions but that doesn't matter.

Just be glad that they learned from their mistakes.

As for James's Yamask, while its JPN voice is cuter, its dub voice is bearable at the very least. Still, they could've don't better.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Team rocket motto was awesome!

This was a very eventful episode. Ash's Sewaddle evolving from Solar Beam, which was incredible. It reminded me about Fantina's Drifloon evolving from getting hit by Ash's Pokemon in a battle. Forgot who though.

It's a shame Ash's Tepig gets the short hand again, but Oshawott made some adorable banter once again. In the shortest time too. Getting rejected to be the last Pokemon for Ash's battle. The OoO face always gets me. xD

It's another saddening shame about Team Rocket. after Giovanni goes missing unquestionably and the secretary tells Jessie and James to do whatever they can to keep TR alive. Thus going back to their roots. Before they returned to their White clothes, I can tell that was coming right around the corner. From how they were talking too. Because theyve been talking very serious ever since the first episode of Black/White.

At least James got his first Pokemon though, Yamask.

TR's motto isn't cutting out for me though. The rhythm doesn't catch me appeal, but the animation sure did.

Ash's Pikachu VS Burgh's Leavanny was an intense one. Best Gym battle so far. Especially that Electro Ball that he hurled at Leavanny to take the win. Pikachu's getting the love and spotlight now, and I love it.

Well, with BW023 and BW024 being skipped, we can't help it. Guess we can move on and see what they decide to do next.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

An excellent gym battle in my opinion. Tepig's battle didn't really last long enough to comment on but sewaddle's is a different story. May I say that sewaddle's determination is estounding. Even after taking all those hits from dwebble and whirlipede it's determination allowed it to go to the next level so it could keep on battling and evolved into swadloon. This allowed swadloon to overcome whirlipede but leavanny was too much for it. I am also loving pikachu getting the spotlight recently. It began with his battle against bianca's pignite and it continued into this battle. When pikachu used electro ball he went 'Pika Pikachu Pi' which I thought was different.

I'm glad that the white uniforms are back . Even though I won't pass judgement on any old ways return until I've seen a few more episodes. Finally, Great! James has a yamask. Not what I envisaged him to be partnered with but in the words of Cilan 'It gives a spic aroma'.

To close, great episode. Welcome back white uniforms and well done Ash .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

It was funny when levanny used hyper beam and I saw swadloon face it was frreakin' funny!
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

This episode was pretty good. Nice to see Ash's Sewaddle evolve as well as seeing Whirlipede, though I wasn't too fond of the new Hyper Beam animation. Glad to see the classic Team Rocket make a comeback.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Absolutely dreadful episode. This gym battle was even worse than I remember it, with pacing problems all over the place and absolutely no action outside of Whirlipede's fight. And just listening to Team Rocket being giddy idiots again even without the rhyming made my skin crawl... and they couldn't even bother to give Matori a dub name.

Worst episode of BW to this point, easily.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I love for no reason at all Whirlipede knows Solarbeam despite off the top of my head, it would not cover any weakness of it. I thought for sure was Swadloon's anime voice would be a more monotone voice. Oh well, I fail at predicting dub voices.

Anyone else think Burgh sounds like Elec Man from Megaman Powered Up?
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Fine episode. James catching Yamask and Ash's Sewaddle evolving into Swadloon, and winning the Insect Badge. The battles were okay, but it's nice to see Swadloon win twice and then Pikachu.

Honestly for me, this episode wasn't very good. At all.

Firstly, there was a Gym Battle- good. However most of the battle just felt lackluster and boring. What I didn't like was that there wasn't much interesting strategy or actual interaction and conflict between the Pokemon, and that the screen just seemed to split between the two and just showed attacks.

The battle was also highly repetetive, and I was just lost in a haze of Leaf Storms, Protects and Stringshots. There was one good element which was when Pikachu's Thunderbolt and Leavanny's Leaf Storm collided, but apart from that it was an even more boring battle than the Nacrene one.

Also, there was an evolution. However, alike Pidove's evolution in the last episode it just felt rushed and forced. In general, a really rubbish Gym Battle. When you compare the 3rd Unova Gym battle with the 3rd Sinnoh Gym Battle, it's greatly overshadowed. I'm really hoping that by the time of Ash's battle with Elesa that they create more strategies, more conflict between the Pokemon and more great battling like the ones we saw in Sinnoh.

Moving on, Team Rocket. Whilst I fearfully predict the awful linearity of the reintroduction of the silly Team Rocket, I did much prefer them when they were incompetant idiots and when they actually interacted more with Ash and Co., so disappointingly that was probably the highlight.

In general though, a lackluster Gym Battle with a boring fight and no evident struggle, gives this episode a 2/5 stars for me :/
    Last edited by Geekachu; 10th July 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Running for the thrill of it

Burgh (whose name is still awful) wasn't nearly flamboyant enough, and Leavanny scares me for reasons I haven't figured out yet. The bug version of Donphan was pretty cool, though, the show should be about that instead. In short: predictably, the dub made this episode even worse than it already was, and continues the tradition of Best Wishes losing all momentum when it needs to have a gym episode.
    Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

I guess Sewaddle get strength from sun, and that's why Solar Beam triggered an evolution. A lot of self-sacrifice from Ash's Pokemon in this episode. And a great tactical way of getting Yamask by James. Is it known when will the skipped episodes be aired?
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

No date has been set yet as far as I know.
    Here’s to the crazy ones. The rebels. The troublemakers. The ones who see things differently. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdj11 View Post
    It was funny when levanny used hyper beam and I saw swadloon face it was frreakin' funny!
    do you mean this..
    http://noobareus.webs.com/photos/Pokemon/kkk.png
    .................................................. ......................

Keep holding out Team Rocket...the boss will contact you again someday...........maybe

yay for yamask!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I enjoyed this episode. The Gym Battle was great, and Sewaddle's evolution was good, but I wanted to see more of Sewawa. The Team Rocket VS Team Plasma preview music was heard again! I love that tune so much. The Yamask capture was pretty random, although I like that James finally has a Pokémon. There's one thing that annoys me; Leavanny's dub voice. It's irritating. Ash's Swadloon better get a different voice than Burgh's Leavanny when it eventually evolves. :|

I thought it was pretty much an average PUSA dub episode. Except I could barely hear the Best Wishes Instrumental after Sewaddle evolved. I remember it wasn't exactly loud in the original Japanese, but it was much worse in the dub.

Plus I thought Burgh's, Cilan's, and Iris' dialogue was just beyond repetitive this episode about type advantages and Pikachu. Maybe it was that way in the original, but I just find it especially annoying with Cilan and Iris sounding like they're speaking to a three year old.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

This episode was a major dissapointment, not only did Team Rocket return to the original uniforms for no apparent reason, but the Gym battle was a bit average compared to the previous one...

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    No date has been set yet as far as I know.
    I'm starting to worry about the two episodes deeply, I'm a big fan of Team Plasma, and I do not want to be let down by the anime never airing these episodes.

Perhaps they will (hopefully) air after the tournament, even though no episode titles after BW043 have been revealed yet, pocketmonsters.net has the two listed for September (by that time, Ash will already be in Driftveil), but we do not know for sure, for now, we can only pray...

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

The episodes will definitely get aired, I just think they're probably being heavily edited, which naturally takes time.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast