Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

Damn! I wanted to see Tranquil in battle.
    Can't believe that Tepig got knocked out that easily. After all that training it did as well.

I got upset as soon as Team Rocket decided to steal Pikachu again.

How can you say no to this little one?

Credit goes to:
    Tyranitarquake for the Banner!
    arceusvictini for the Userbar!
    PikaPal_Lyra for the Flying High Icon!

Quote Originally Posted by TTNH03 View Post
    Damn! I wanted to see Tranquil in battle.
    Can't believe that Tepig got knocked out that easily. After all that training it did as well.

I got upset as soon as Team Rocket decided to steal Pikachu again.
    Tepig is Fire type, it was up against a Bug/Rock type who had Rock Wrecker, it was at a huge disadvantage.

They were planning to steal Pikachu at the very start of Best Wishes, they just got a little side track after that but are now back on track.

Anyways, I enjoyed the episode. The dub didn't make much of a difference for me then the Japanese version though, Whirlipede and Swadloon sounded alright to me but nothing great. I still love Leavanny's voice though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Congrats to Ash for winning his 3rd badge & James for catching a Pokemon.

Unfortunately all that is overshadowed by the fact that the writer's have decided to return TR to being comic relief which got old way back in season one. Come on guys you were doing good having TR going back to their roots in trying to setup an organization in a new region, if your just going to return to the old TR then why even bother including them in this season, it would've been better to do more with Team Plasma instead of bringing TR and their old shtick back.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

team rocket demoted ash's sewadeel evolves and still no team rocket vs team plasma. MOTHER NATURE YOU SUCK
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I was hoping to see the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes before this one ... Japan is now 4 months ago, and I really don't see the point in not airing those episodes now.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this gym battle, it was a fun episode ^^.

Pretty fast battle it was.... but great that Sewaddle evolved... but it seems Volt Tackle is gone now... thats a bad blow! Pikachu cant be the same without volt tackle...

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    The episodes will definitely get aired, I just think they're probably being heavily edited, which naturally takes time.
    Besides being edited themselves, think about how they need to be reincorporated in the storyline. There was massive built up in the episodes building up to the two episodes, especially in BW22. If anything, the episode in front of which they'll air must be edited as well in order for them to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew_ View Post
    I was hoping to see the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes before this one ... Japan is now 4 months ago, and I really don't see the point in not airing those episodes now.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this gym battle, it was a fun episode ^^.
    It takes time to edit. The Fishing Connoisseur episode just aired in Japan and it was mildly edited, yet it took so long to do. I'd assume that these episodes would take even longer to edit, and edit other episodes in order for it to make sense, logically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Pretty fast battle it was.... but great that Sewaddle evolved... but it seems Volt Tackle is gone now... thats a bad blow! Pikachu cant be the same without volt tackle...
    Volt Tackle being gone isn't such a bad thing to me. It has Electro Ball as a finisher and it can be either a physical attack (being slammed into the opponent with use of the tail) or special if it's being thrown into the opponent from a distance.

It gives more diversity then Volt Tackle, however I'd admit that Volt Tackle was awesome against Latios.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

TR is back! I kinda like it. They are funny whenever they get defeated. And James getting Yamask? By feeding it food!?
    Anyways, Tepig loosing.......
    My White fc:0604-6188-7983 Turn off voice chat when trading with me.
    Long live Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2!

I loved how Burg got excited seeing Sewaddle evolve, and James catching Yamask so easily.

I really liked the new look for team rocket, but i like their new motto too

Such wonderful dialogue in this episode.

Burgh: "Welcome to the Castelia gym."

Ash: "Thanks, I'm here for a GYM BATTLE!"

duuuurrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Burgh getting excited over Sewaddle evolving was funny. ^_^
    Glad ash won his third gym badge hes getting through them pretty quick.
    Also wish TR could have a mixture of comic relief and seriousness(Stealing pikachut but also getting a pokemon or two themselves instead of failing 24/7)

It was a good enough Gym battle, and I was glad James FINALLY caught a Pokemon. Yamask is cool for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    It was a good enough Gym battle, and I was glad James FINALLY caught a Pokemon. Yamask is cool for him.
    I hope it evolves soon as well.

Ash showed the same spirit from Sinnoh League and Pikachu showed its potential too proving that it has not grown weaker since Ash came to Unova

This gym battle wasn't the best. It was okay, just not the best. The main thing that bothered me was Sewaddle evolving. I personally think it could have gotten a lot of more development as a Sewaddle.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

This was a great Gym Battle but Sewaddle's evolution ruined it.

This episode loses a few points for the anti-climax from the two-part Team Plasma episode not airing, but due to the circumstances of the Japan earthquake that preceded it I can understand it.

Apart from that, I liked the return of Team Rocket's motto after a near-20-episode absence (not counting the missing two-parter), and James finally catching a Unova pokemon (odd that he's the first regular to own a ghost, Ash's *borrowed* Haunter not included). The return of Team Rocket's white uniforms was nice, but I really liked the black ones. I wish they'd bring them back in a future episode

And Ash wins his third badge. Great. I didn't like Sewaddle evolving, though, he was so much cuter unevolved. I hope he's better as Leavanny. Sewaddle joins Snorunt as the only Ash pokemon I liked bettter unevolved. Or, in Sewaddle's case, I wish he had stayed unevolved a little longer.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

In the games, your pokemon don't randomly evolve in the middle of a gym battle. This would have been better as a one-time only thing. But no, two more of Ash's pokemon have to evolve mid gym battle later on. -_- Also it was stupid to see Dwebble already knew Rock Wrecker. It shouldn't be that strong, it belongs to the 3rd gym. Tepig should have been able to win that battle.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789