Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! (684)

Finally the Castelia gym battle! I was surprised when Ash used Sewaddle, but it did well against Dwebble and Whirlipede against the odds and evolved. James catching Yamask and Team Rocket being funny again was nice.

It felt very sudden for the Rocket-dan's attitudes to change, and even more so for Kojirou to capture a Desumasu out of the blue. I enjoyed Satoshi versus Arty, though. Satoshi's Pokabu losing to Arty's Ishizumai was the only moment that left me gutted, because I was expecting more out of Pokabu.

The Castelia Gym battle was pretty, uh, artsy. I liked how String Shot was being used in a different manner then it would be used in the games, but the match was sorta overshadowed by the fact that the writers decided to return TR to being gag characters again.

I liked Burgh's team, but BW gym battles aren't that appealing to me like in previous arcs like Hoenn and Sinnoh these BW gyms seemed to be rushed and handled poorly with not enough training on Ash's part for preparing for these matches.

Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    Satoshi's Pokabu losing to Arty's Ishizumai was the only moment that left me gutted, because I was expecting more out of Pokabu.
    Well Dwebble is half rock type if I remember correctly, so Tepig was at a disadvantage especially when Dwebble used Rock Wrecker. I admit that I assumed Burgh would stick with bug type moves however, so Rock Wrecker kind of surprised me.

I still don't know why James was handed a Yamask so easily in this episode. Like, he did nothing to deserve it. :/

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910