Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Authors' Profiles V.4

Name: Mrs. Lovett/Haruka of Hoenn. Lovett, Haruka, whatever you want to call me. :P

Age (optional): I couldn't think of anything clever.

Gender (optional): Female

Fiction background (optional): I've always been writing stories, ever since I was little and learning English. My first venture into fanfiction was a so-fail-that-it's-win story called Pokemon Adventure. (I recently recovered the complete file from my old computer, and it surprised me how utterly dreadful it was, and how much I've improved since.) I don't remember how long I stuck with that fic... maybe for a year or two. But afterwards, I sort of gave up on fanfiction and stuck with original fiction for the next few years.

I didn't start getting serious about writing until I began Deeds of Darkness, which required me to concentrate like never before on characters and description. (Even though the first draft wasn't good anyway.) That fic really broadened my sense of characters and story, because it required me to think and work my way through problems. It also required me to listen to reviewers, and learn how to apply their words to improve myself. (Back in the early days of my writing career, I was incredibly sensitive to bad reviews.)

Eventually, I gave up on DOD because it was simply too dry for me. Writing it became a chore, so I dropped the project and didn't write fanfiction for quite a while. I tried to revive it a couple times and do rewrites, but they went down the same way.

Then, last summer I got the idea for Roots and began writing it. And so I became the writer you see today.

Fandoms you write in: Pokemon's the only fandom I've ever written for. It's odd, I know, but my tastes are leaning more towards original fiction nowadays.

Types Of Writing: I enjoy uplifting stories. They're a pleasure to write and read, and are a lighter load than serious writing. However, I do have a dark side and I love to play it up in my writing. I haven't posted too many of those here, but I've been planning on making it my next big project.

Strong Areas: Plot and character development. That doesn't mean that I don't run into my fair share of problems, but

Type Of Characters: People with more to them than meets the eye. I always like to know more about my characters than my readers when I set out to write a story so I can twist them and bring out their true colors in surprising ways.

Completed Stories: I've never completed a fanfiction, so for now, this spot will remain blank...

Current Stories:

Roots // Professorfic

[IMG]http://i27.*******.com/2exvo8j.png[/IMG]

At the age of thirteen, Michael Rowan leaves home to find himself and his place in the world. Eventually, he gets pulled into challenging the Pokemon League, but his path is ridden with twists and turns, and he soon realizes that in order to embrace the future he must first come to terms with the past. Meanwhile, the rest of Sinnoh keeps watch on Team Galactic, an entity with ever-growing influence, whose space program and rivalry with Hoenn could at any moment make the headline of the decade.

The 1960s pass in a whirlwind of change. Change in society, change in technology—and for Michael, change in himself.

Future Stories: None that have solidified beyond the 'idea' status yet.

Writing Tips (Optional):

First off, I recommend reading the book On Writing by Stephen King. I know I'm not the first person to say this, nor the last, but seriously, read it. Even if his writing isn't your style, he has a lot of good things to say about the craft and (if you want to go that far) the business. And if you happen to stumble across any other books like this one, written for writers, by all means, read them too. They can only help.

While we're on the topic of advice, I'll also say this: Absorb advice/words of wisdom from as many sources as possible, but don't rush to change your own methods on the spot for every little piece you get. Ultimately, it's your craft, and your unique way of doing things. Your way will differ from someone else's. You might have a good way of doing things that works for you, but if you hear from another writer that their method of writing is good and you completely abandon what you had going on, you're only harming yourself.

If you think your writing isn't good, then make it better. Don't do it for anyone else but you. (Someone else CAN be an inspiration... but in the end, you will be unique. That's what makes fiction great: The variety of voices that give it life.)

If you read another piece of writing (fanfiction or otherwise) and the idea/story/writing/etc. is so good that you feel like you can't possibly amount to the author's greatness and give up, then consider this your complementary bop on the head. You can be good, but only if you keep going. And you can't keep going if you're pushing yourself down at the same time. So if that story is getting you down, just think: "Pshaw, I can do better!" And do it. There are lots of great ideas out there, and when you've found your own, stick with it.

And that's my advice! Make of it what you will.
    Last edited by Mrs. Lovett; 14th August 2012 at 7:35 PM.

The story of Professor Rowan - Chapter 42 is up!

Other Works:
    Cave GuardianCheaterContestsMaids
    Author's ProfileFanFiction Profile

Updated. Thanks!

Name: [Imaginative]:[Clockwork], but since that's a huge pain to type, just IC, Imaginative, or whatever is fine.

Fiction background: I've been writing fan fiction for about four years now. I've tried to write a few chaptered fics in the past but they weren't finished and I try to just forget about them since they were a mess anyway. :P

Fandoms you write in: All the stuff I've posted has been Pokémon-related. It's usually more centered on non-Pokémon specific stuff, though.

Types Of Writing: The thing I've been trying to do recently is expand what I'm writing beyond one genre and just try stuff I might not have thought of doing before. It's mostly one-shots, though. Also, something I'm trying to work myself out of is writing depressing stuff. A lot of what I've posted is a lot more emo than I myself am so I want to try some lighter stuff.

Strong Areas: Haha, I'm honestly not sure what to put here. I like to think I'm pretty solid all around but there's not really one specific area that I feel I shine in. I haven't done much character-development in my recent works so I wouldn't say that's my strong point. XD

Type Of Characters: So far the ones that have been in most of my one-shots are complete sad sacks who could probably stand to cheer up a bit. The kind of characters I enjoy writing the most, though, are ones that are a bit brighter and more easygoing.

Completed Stories:
    The Cold Path to Popularity

Fad

OGMJY

Smart Kids

Wake

Why did you die?

All one-shots so far.

Current Stories: None right now.

Future Stories: The only thing I'm actively writing right now is a chaptered journey fic. I know they're a little overdone in this fandom, but I'm doing my best to make it my own and keep it interesting. It's working title is "So I Won't Forget" but I really don't like that and probably won't use it.

Writing Tips: Honestly, just have fun writing. That sounds so cheesy but the reason my older works failed was because I got tired of repeating the same stuff each chapter. Just make sure that you're looking forward to the next chapter/project and don't let it get to be a chore.

That's really all the general advice I can give. XP
    Last edited by [Imaginative]:[Clockwork]; 2nd August 2011 at 3:57 AM.

Name: Feralninja, but on Fictionpress I'm Cole Culain

Fiction background (optional): I'm a writer of novels. I'm writing the Blazing Heart Saga on fictionpress for three years now, along with another story called Sin, and I've done plenty of one shots. I started writing fanfics to relieve some writer's block this spring.

Fandoms you write in: Pokemon is the only fandom. See above.

Types Of Writing: Original stuff is fantasy, with the occasional sci-fi. For pokemon, I use an original trainer, and they're journey fics.

Strong Areas: I'm good at battle and action sequences. You write a saga about a bloody war, you get good at that. Also, tragic deaths. I'm good at those. Also, I can balance the somber and grave characters well with the more loose ones. I think I'm pretty good at making characters do realistic things.

Type Of Characters: I like people with Hero complexes. Yeah. Also, kickass female heroines. And people who defy Fate. And death.

Completed Stories: Blazing Heart is done. You can reach that by clicking my sig banner. The summary is:
    A boy with nothing but a sword and a name stumbles into a desert outpost. And so the story begins...
    Also, on Serebii I have League of Heroes, a story about the (now inactive after the group shut down) Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout League, and their war against Team Omega.

Current Stories: Currently I'm working on Scattered Sparks, the sequel to Blazing Heart, and Sin, whose summary is as follows:
    The demon king has been killed by his fellows. Now, sixteen years later, his noble errand must be accomplished, lest the world fall to ruin. And the only way it can be done is to bring peace between humans and demons.
    On the pokemon side of the spectrum, I'm working on Hero's Path, which takes place six months after the end of League of Heroes, and details Cole's journey to come to terms with what it means to be himself, and escape the shadow of the war hero he was.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Name: kyogreblue3 (KB3)

Fiction background (optional): I was watching an ep of Advanced Gen; the one where May and Drew are in a contest. At the end of the ep, I was drinking juice, and it showed Drew giving May a red rose. I spit out all my juice and went like, "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?" and then I wrote ContestShipping fics, followed by regular fanfictions.

Fandoms you write in: Pokemon and Bakugan

Types Of Writing: I write Humour and Adventure fanfictions

Strong Areas: I think I'm pretty good at plot. I get a new idea practically every day XD

Type Of Characters: Characters that are already made up lol (such as Ash, Brock, Misty, etc.)

Completed Stories: None (I've started a ton, but never finished them >.<)

Current Stories: Team Magma and Aqua

Future Stories: Team Rocket-X and Team Skye

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

Name: Username is Sonic507, but you can just call me Tails, if you want.

Age (optional):wont tell

Gender (optional): wont tell

Fiction background (optional): uh... go ask Meta Knight?

Fandoms you write in: none

Types Of Writing: Adventure stories

Strong Areas: uh... I kinda dont know.

Type Of Characters: Nuts like that thing in my avi

Completed Stories:none

Current Stories: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...1#post13142011 when 2 heros meet, they have to save the World.

Future Stories: an adventure story, maybe.

Click him please!

Name: Manaphy72 (mana)

Age (optional): almost 13 so 12

Gender (optional): male

Fiction background (optional): i read the story roots and it inspired me to right a story aswell. i dont think if i read roots i wouldnt be filling this application out

Fandoms you write in: Pokemon, animals, and no life happenings

Types Of Writing: i love writing all but horror is my favorite. its fun making characters be expressed in horrific ways

Strong Areas: actions that happen to the characters

Type Of Characters: i like writing characters from 1st person, and i like bringing problems with them

Completed Stories: Chapter 1 of experiences

Current Stories: Summary- Chapter 1 involves a 1 person point view. and through experiences(the story's name) will be trouble, Love, death, and hard times through the character.

Future Stories: Chapter 2 to experiences

Writing Tips: Even if your not the best author, keep writing. its your choice and nobody elses
    Last edited by manaphy72; 5th August 2011 at 9:26 PM.
    CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Updated and all that fun stuff.

Name: Slipomatic

Fictional Background: It all started from reading the Dragonriders of Pern by Mccaffrey. Although originally, I hated reading and didn't care for writing at all, since I was terrible at it. My first attempts at writing fiction were done on the non-existant Nintendo forums in which after they took it down, I lost all my works. But, in a way, I was glad since I originally wrote in script format and not narrative, which I now find much easier to do.

Types Of Writing: Fantasy, dragons, a bit of Sci-fi, pokemon.

Strong Areas: Plot outlines and character profiling.

Type Of Characters: Mostly Female characters, most of my characters being quiet or outgoing. Very few of my characters are aggressive or mean. Almost all the male characters I create have something similar. Probably because I got a little lazy on something.

Completed Stories: None

Current Stories: None

Future Stories: None for now. Currently sitting on creativity deadness.

Writing Tips:
    1. Spell check
    2. Check Grammer
    3. Always proof read to see if any sentences needs revising.
    4. Plan ahead of your chapters and make sure you get outlines for future chapters as it will help you keep on track.
    5. Brainstorming and/or taking suggestions from readers/critics can help you get through writers blocks.
    Last edited by Slipomatic; 9th August 2011 at 2:33 PM.

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

Hello! I've decided to post my Author's Profile here after the recent success of my one-shot (the three people who posted there both thought it was pretty good. I call that a success!)

Name: FireTypeLover

Age: All I'm saying is I'm younger than you might think I am...

Fictional Background: It started in 2008 where I wrote several sucky fics and some of them were so horrible they got locked. Nowadays, I consider myself a better writer and decided to post one of my one-shots on the forums. It was pretty successful and this encouraged me to post my other one-shots on the forums! (Which I will some day, including a remake of an old one)

Types of Writing: Eh, whatever comes to my mind and that's usually Pokémon stuff.

Strong Areas: I don't know, writing crazy people? My reception was warm for i love pokémon and in a PMD chaptered fic I may or may not post on the Internet, I wrote in some crazy guys too.

Types of Characters: You know, I just realized a lot of the characters I wrote of had a troubled childhood...other than that, I like writing some pre-made characters in comedic fics, though I do write other types of characters.

Completed Stories: I'm gonna completely ignore the aforementioned sucky fics and put the fic I posted this year here; i love pokémon, which, from what the few people that reviewed my fic said, was more disturbing than it sounded. That's what I was intending, so success for me!

Current Stories: None at the moment

Future Stories: I've got a lot of ideas in my mind...maybe way too much...

Purpose explains the reason why the ten-year old boy with the red hat (as he's called by the citizens of Viridan and everywhere else, basically) is travelling all alone. The poor boy is trying to find purpose in his life after an incident destroys it forever. (Followup: Hypnosis) (Status: FINISHED, just needs some heavy editing)

The Origin of the Universe is the remake of the aforementioned fic I said I'll remake. It was originally titled Giratina's World and obviously focused on Giratina, but now I changed it to be an origin story, though Giratina is still an important character in it. I read a lot of Sinnoh myths for this, and I did change the myths for a lot of the story. (Currently thinking of combining it with Escape by making it the prologue, but who knows?) (Status: FINISHED, just needs some heavy editing)

Giratina's World: Escape involves the escape of Giratina from the Distortion World, where Arceus banished him. It occurs after The Original One, so I have to heavily revise that first...anyways, Giratina breaks out of the Distortion World and enters Earth right into the place where Regigigas was exiled as a statue for trying to rule the world, the Snowpoint Temple. Regigigas assigns Giratina to find all three Regis to revive it, in return for Giratina's safety from Dialga and Palkia. It's a chaptered fic and I think I'll divide it into two parts, plus an epilogue. (Status: Not sure if I'll do this one until I finish all of my one-shots)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Darkghost Domination: This fic involves an over-optimistic Zorua named Sara, an over-pessimistic Charizard ironically named Cheery (which will be explained in the story) and a clean freak Delibird named Claus (which will also be explained in the story and note I didn't get the name Claus from Mother 3) When Sara reads the newspaper, she finds that a Hypno mysteriously vanished in the Apple Woods. Sara convinces the rest of her uncertified explorers (who failed because of Claus) to join her on her quest to find Hypno and prove to the Wigglytuff Guild they're good enough explorers to join the Guild. However, the mission might be harder than it appears...

And, like the games, it has a main story, then a post-game story (or more accurately...post-story story?) where the main characters' backgrounds will be explained and I will write chapters involving their backgrounds, plus more stuff. Oh, and because I spoiled too much, I won't tell you why I renamed the fic Darkghost Domination but it'll be pretty obvious at about the seventh chapter. (Status: First few chapters finished, but I plan to restart this fic maybe after NaNoWriMo)

The Death of Samuel Oak: Or something like that. I think I had this idea in my head for the longest time out of all of these, except for the Original One, and it involves, like the title implies, Professor Oak dying. Two cops in the PTPD find this death very suspicious and attempt to investigate. Gent's the serious one and Tom's for comic relief, as far as I wrote anyways. Gent and Tom are constantly crossing paths with Oak's grandson, Blue, who has the same idea in mind...yeah, I might give this away with that Fic Idea Adoption System because I can't even get past the first chapter... (Status: For now, this fic is finished)

Overthrowing Giovanni: After Jessie, James, and Meowth find out that Giovanni hates them, they vow to overthrow Giovanni. In comedic script form! However, things kind of derail after that until around Chapter 8 where Ash, Misty, May, Brock, Dawn, Cilan, Tracey, and Iris help Jessie, James, and Meowth because, let's face it, Team Rocket would be much less threatening with these three idiots in charge...anyways, the fic follows anime canon, except for the fact where Team Rocket is actually good at being evil. (Status: For now, this fic is finished)

PokéCraziness! Black vows revenge on Cheren after he goes on a date with Bianca! He plans a devious plan to get Bianca's attention! By, of course, getting in a giant, bad Mudkip costume and pretending to date White, who loves Black. However, things get bad at the romanticest restaurant in town when N enters ("I thought this was my castle...") and White goes on a date with him! Then, of course, a giant portal appears out of nowhere and gets them all sucked into the real world. (Status: Wow. This was a stupid idea of mine, so it's finished for now)

Sanity is a sequel to i love pokémon. Unlike that one-shot, it's in a third-person perspective, except for two parts in the middle and the end. It involves Henry burning down Castelia City and finding a beautiful Gardevoir. He slowly gains his sanity back after they marry (Gardevoir doing it to try to save the world from Henry's insanity) (Status: Writing right now. Trying to finish as much as I can before NaNoWriMo)

The Plasma Series 'cause I couldn't think of a better name. Anyways, this series chronicles the journies of the most important members of Team Plasma after the game ends. They are N, the Shadow Triad, the Seven Sages, and Ghetsis, and I might include Concordia and Anthea. So, the first one-shot in the series is called Legacy and its main characters are N and Hilda, the second one-shot is called Redemption and its main characters are Hilda, Looker, and the Shadow Triad, the third one-shot is called Imprisoned and its main characters are the Seven Sages and the Shadow Triad, and the fourth one-shot is called Monster and it involves (you guessed it!) Ghetsis. (Status: Parts of Redemption is completed, but other than that, I'll wait until after I finish Sanity and The Zubatman and all my other fics before I start writing these four)

Ozone is an idea I have about Rayquaza terrorizing the world because it's mad its home is getting destroyed. (Status: Waiting until after NaNoWriMo...)

Dream World Stories is a series of stories chronicling something I read from TV Tropes. Yes, I said TV Tropes, its WMG page for Black and White to be exact. Anyways, it involves the Junipers, Fennel, some other random scientists, Hilda, Hilbert, Cheren, and Bianca getting sucked into the Dream World. And, like the Pokédex One-Shots, this fic is just a series of one-shots involving every Pokémon who have Dream World abilities (and some without...) and explaining how they got them. And also an arc involving the main cast trying to get out of the demented Dream World. (Status: Working on the intro)

The Zubatman: No Man's Land is a fic I plan to work on during the NaNoWriMo. It involves a Zubat with Batman-styled gadgets facing against a few original villains and a few Batman villains turned into Pokémon. Enough said. (Status: Saving for the NaNoWriMo)

Oh, and a sequel to The Zubatman! Yes, I thought of a sequel to a fic before I even started writing it!

A Slice of Pallet Life is the prequel to Purpose. It features Satoshi in love with Leaf, who is Blue's brother. As the title suggests, it's like a slice of life fic, but not quite since this is the Pokémon world and all.

And, on that note, I'd like to do some other fic resembling slice of life stuff or the crazy kind of writing I did in i love pokémon since that was a heavily praised aspect.

Writing Tips: Keep trying! If you get bad reception from everyone who reviews your fic, try to read other fics and improve! Speaking of reception, you should read the reviewers' reception because they only want to help you improve in your writing skills, for the most part. And always remember, don't use overused quotes don't worry about getting embarassed or anything and try new things! Ironic how I violate(d) everyone of these tips once or twice or even more in my writing here.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I put Hilda into mostly every Plasma fic, it's because I wanted her to have a light relationship with N. Nothing so shippy that anyone that hates FerrisWheelShipping (or any shipping) will turn away instantly. And if you're wondering why I put Hilda into everything with Hilbert in it, it's because I felt like it.

(On that note, Natural Harmonia Gropius is a stupid name)
    Last edited by FireTypeLover; 11th December 2011 at 5:23 PM. Reason: I keep forgetting fic ideas, then remember them again...
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

Name: Treecko's Awesomeness, or TA for short.

Fiction background: I was bored one day, sat down at my computer, and The Nova Travels (my first fanfic) was born.

Fandoms you write in: At this point, only pokémon, but I may change that someday.

Types Of Writing: I write in adventure and humor, with a little bit of everything sprinkled in. I'm writing a journey fic, and thinking about a sci-fi one, a tragedy, and a sort of adventure/war fic.

Strong Areas: I think my strongest area would have to be humor, although I try to to balance everything out.

Type Of Characters: I can get enjoyment out of writing any kind of character, although I find that awkward characters are the most fun to write.

Completed Stories: Colony 9.0: A sci-fi one-shot about how pokemon first came to earth.

Current Stories: Right now, I'm working on a journey-fic called The Nova Travels:\(credit to Gelatino95 for the userbar). It's basically the story of two teenagers fresh out of trainer's school trying to solve the mystery of why new pokemon keep appearing in the Unova region. At the same time, they have to deal with qualifying for the pokemon league, a bunch of jerks who want them dead, and stupid, stupid hormones. Let's watch, shall we?

Future Stories:

Battle of Trophies: A retelling of the events of the Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as told by a variety of characters.

Becoming Darkness: The story of the unfortunate life Kurayami, the main antagonist of The Nova Travels, From his birth to the point at which The Nova Travels ends, albeit with much space in between.

Screw it: A comedy story about the kid who didn't get a starter from the professor, didn't stop the evil team, and didn't become the champion because he really didn't give a crap.

Explorers of Idiocy(title pending): The Mystery Dungeon Explorers games retold in comically insane style.

Writing Tips:
    1. Don't force anything. The characters will tell you what they would do, so don't write something if it doesn't feel right.

2. Set aside a time for writing. It doesn't matter how much you don't want to write, if you have a routine, you'll get more work done faster, and it'll probably sound better too.

3. Read. If you read the works of other authors, not only will you be inspired, but you might learn something too.
    Last edited by Treecko's Awesomeness; 10th April 2012 at 3:35 AM.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Please click my dragon(s)!

I can't believe I haven't done this here. ouo

Name:
    Ejunknown/Ejunkie

Twenty. (at some point since I last updated this, I aged. D

Fiction background:
    Which fanfiction? The fanfiction I write, and like now, or the posturing, little fiction I wrote back when I was 13, and hadn't a clue what I was doing? Roleplaying, initially, spurred my love for Pokemon writing and fanfiction. (oh man, 'Rise of Team Dark', 'The Reawakening', those times were fun..! >u<)

After three years, I began to write more. A lot more..! There is a story I'd link to, but for it's content. The author is Fallacy, on fanfiction.net. She awakened my passion for writing. >u<

Fandoms you write in:
    too many. D: Whatever catches my interest! I dislike fandoms based off of books or real people, though. The latter... lets just say I've been linked to some awful things. |D If you look up Fallacy, you can see where my true fandom lies. *u*

Types Of Writing:
    Dabbled in poetry a long time ago. x'D (was I ten?) My writing has always centered around drama, but has recently slipped into a romance kick. The supernatural (although not superstitious) also manages to sneak it's way in, and a lot of what I write can be quite dark. I love experimenting, with reactions and emotions, and that has dominated a lot of my writing recently! x'D

Strong Areas:
    If you asked me six years ago, I'd have said first person. Currently? I'd say emotional pieces. There's nothing quite like living through what you write. >u<

Type Of Characters:
    I don't think I'd be able to write a character that is the complete opposite of me, and my experiences, so I can safely answer what I can't write, more so than the characters I tend to write. Flawed to, arrogant - yet always strong in some way of their own convictions - I don't think I can write a fragile character. Or keep them around too long. >__>

Completed Stories:
    newest -> oldest

MONSTERS

a dark little tale with a dark ending.
    While most are surprised that life isn't as peachy as they expected it to be, some predict their own end with remarkable accuracy.

BLACK MARIA

an experimental two-part short story.
    Two prisoners on a train. Not quite human.

DISSOLUTION
    a gift-fic for katiekitten, and the first post in serebii for several years.
    "I may be many things, Eliza, but I am not a liar."

Current Stories:
    newest -> oldest

DEMISE: THE LAST REMNANTS OF THE FALLEN

chapter two complete: defective.

MEDDLING WITH TIME: WHERE TIME LINES COLLIDE
    a new fanfiction of twisted time and mistaken love

Future Stories:
    newest -> oldest

...my ongoing, secret project: Developments.

Writing Tips:

Never let another opinion hold you back, and keep writing.
    Accept criticisms, even if comments can be harsh, but always keep writing.
    Practice can only ever benefit.

Enjoy it. <3
    Last edited by Ejunknown; 1st June 2012 at 8:35 PM.

demise: the last remnants of the fallen

chapter two complete: defective.

meddling with time: where time lines collide
    a new fanfiction of twisted time and mistaken love chapter one complete: steps forward

author's profile -review exchange profile - deviant [/COLOR]

Update time
    Name: Peters

Age (optional):

Gender (optional): Male

Fiction background (optional): I began writing because i had a ton of ideas for a plot line for the pokemon anime, so i turned it into a book.

Fandoms you write in: Pokemon

Types Of Writing: Adventure, Journey and comedy (If you would call it that)

Strong Areas: Plot line and Climax

Type Of Characters: Weird and annoying ones.

Completed Stories: N/A

Current Stories: The Weirdest Journey

Future Stories: Dunno

Writing Tips (Optional):

^Image By Skiyomi^

Name: The name is catzeye. However feel free to just call me catz for short.

Age (optional): I'm 17 years old

Gender (optional): I'm a female

Fiction background (optional): I first started reading fanfiction when I was around 13. The first stories I read were on Fanfiction.net. They were in the Prince of Tennis fandom.

Fandoms you write in: I've pretty much only written Pokemon and Prince of Tennis stories.

Types Of Writing: I write humorous/romantic stories for shipping stories and Action/Drama stories for my Original Trainer fanfics.

Strong Areas: My strongest areas are characterizations and plot

Type Of Characters: I like writing about young, diverse characters who are reaching maturity.

Completed Stories: None

Current Stories:

Alexis Palmers is just your average 17 year old girl in the Pokemon world except for one thing; she has never been on a Pokemon Journey. She really wants to prove herself as a capable young lady but her dad won't let her. When she moves to the region of Arcana she discovers that the trainers there use an illegal steroid to boost their Pokemon's performance with sometimes fatal results. Now Alexis must prove herself as she joins the fight to keep the steroid usage from getting any more out of hand than it already is.

Future Stories:

Shimmer- A story about Shiny Pokemon.

Writing Tips (Optional): Don't stress yourself. Take your time. Have fun!
    Last edited by catzeye; 23rd November 2011 at 6:51 PM.

Updated.

@Peters: You already made a profile. Linky. Please edit that profile instead of creating new ones.

Name: Katiekitten, astonishingly enough. x3

Age (optional): 19

Fiction background (optional): First started writing back in 2005 on a small little pokemon forum - PE2K before finding Serebii, and I remained active here for about two, three years. x33 After that I began to slip away (into ff.net and different fandoms), and finally dropped off the forum all together about two years ago, writing sporadically for live journal roleplays and the like. I stopped writing entirely when my University course started, but a year later came back to it and became nostalgic about this place. x3 Summer holidays for the win~! :3

Fandoms you write in: Haha, Pokemon, Naruto, Hetalia and Inuyasha. :3 Once I finally get around to finishing it up, probably Avatar: the Last Airbender as well. x3

Types Of Writing: Prose, all the way - I can't write poetry for the life of me, and while I've dabbled in script writing, I've never really been interested. x3 On genres: I'm a sucker for romance, although I've always had a tragic flair. <3

Strong Areas: My description, I believe? D: I've been focussing a lot on characterisation recently, though.

Type Of Characters: No particular type, really. x3

Completed Stories: An army - literally - of oneshots spanning through out the years, all on here. None of them are recent enough not to embarrass me, however, with the exception of perhaps one. :x

Current Stories:

The Ember Days

A fantasy-based romance with a Pokemon twist.

It was all for the woman.

Tobias watched, perplexed, as the pup scrambled through the knee-high grass, struggling to maintain his human form, hands trembling as he thrust a path through the field. Faltering a few steps from the river’s edge, the boy collapsed with a yelp, his limbs twitching and jerking as he subsided back into the form of an amber dog, blue flashes of flame claiming his human flesh.

The great beast curled his lips back in distaste as the sour scent of the boy’s pain flooded the breeze, tainting the evening air.

The pup was a fool.

Future Stories: --
    Last edited by katiekitten; 3rd September 2011 at 3:23 AM.

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

B]Name:[/B] Morgan, or Flashwave in certain other fictions.

Age (optional): 19

Fiction background (optional): Transformers mostly. Theatrical, and I do Model Railroading, which also requires spinning a back story. Dad and I used to improv stories with toys and characters to pss time on long trips.

Fandoms you write in: Transformers, Pokemon (here)

Types Of Writing: prose. Far as genre goes, mostly science fiction, present settings.

Strong Areas: Concepting. By that, I mean what's happening in my head is awesome, it's getting all the bugs out of it when it hits the keyboard I have trouble with.

Type Of Characters: I like the heroes, and am trying to tone them down. While I enjoy yhr uber powered possibilities, I really enjoy the challenges of "So, he's got a big stick. When and why does he use it? and what's the repricutions?"

Completed Stories: N/A

Current Stories: World Turns Which is an ongoing of my OCs, which will weave their ways through various canon in hopes ofd tieing as many strands together as I can. Most of my fictions will land under this header, much the way Chronicles did, so I don't count on this becoming "finished", nor do I plan to see too many other titles appear.

Future Stories:

Writing Tips (Optional): Don't plan yourself out of a story. When I write, I try to narrate the story as the characters tell it to me. This may sound strange, but if you can build a good character, writing for them will be as natural as talking to them. The trick for you, is to capture as much detail from the show you are watching in your head as the audience needs, and to keep them on track. By on track, I mean doing the end-game you want. How they get there is more up to the characters than it is you. If you cannot see that scene happening as an episode of a show, if you cannot imagine it at all happening, it's not a natural scene and you need to revamp it. By that same token, don't let them get too far ahead of yourself, or you'll sell the story short by trying to play catch-up. Planning yourself too far can cause you to get so far ahead you lose the chapter you're trying to write. Snippeting is okay, to a point.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Name: XanderKestu

Age (optional): 16

Fiction background (optional): I first started reading Rosario Vampire fanfics on Fanfiction.Net as recomemnded by Tv Tropes. I explored what else Tv Tropes recomended, and ended up finding the Serebii forums from there. I had some ideas, but at first didn't know how to convey them. Fanfics was by best bet.

Fandoms you write in: Pokemon for now, but will soon get into The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts, Zero no Tsukaima, and maybe some Legend of Zelda.

Types Of Writing: I'm a fantasy guy, with a little humor thrown in, with the ocassional poem here and there. Pokefic wise, I do like the trainer genre, just not when it's chock full of Mary Sues.

Strong Areas: Character, character development, details.

Type Of Characters: The one sane guy who in a world of fantasy are susposed to relate to(Tsukune Aono from Rosario Vampire). The stotic when he gets a little goofy(Death the Kid from Soul Eater.)

Completed Stories: Only two one-shots, She Was Late for Pokemon, and It Rests On His Shoulders for Kingdom Hearts.

Current Stories: Looking at my signature helps, but in the case I don't update it, it is now Pokemon Channel, The Short and Honest Version.

Future Stories: Haven't come up with titles yet, but working on a couple of one-shots for Pokemon, and a few songfics for The World Ends With You.

Writing Tips (Optional): Grammar. Spelling. Details. Write whatever, whenever, and however you wish, but please include those three.

My fanfic author enrollment here is solely for Pokemon, preferabley long chapter fics. If you wish to see my other stuff(2 Oneshots), you can check me out on Deviant Art and Fanfiction.Net.

PASBL Info

Thanks Pengyzu.

Name: Ihavenot

Age (optional): ...

Gender (optional): ...

Fiction background (optional): ...

Fandoms you write in: Anything that perks my interests, for now Pokemon.

Types Of Writing: honestly, I prefer writing a bit of Adventure, horror etc. Something in a more serious tone.

Strong Areas: Probably the only strong point is my imagination.

Type Of Characters: anything, ranging from happy-go-lucky to insane murderous crackpots.

Completed Stories: none so far

Current Stories: None so far

Future Stories: Title yet to be set in stone, but I have my ideas out.

Writing Tips (Optional): Have fun writing.
    WHITE FC
    3697-2481-1659

Credits to Mew_ and -Sarah for this Sig
    Come check out my newly born Fic -> Hunters of El PG 15+
        Spoiler:- Special Pokeballs:

Name: chosen_one386

Age (optional): 20

Fiction background (optional): First started reading PokeTalk by Thyplogirl here.

Fandoms you write in: Every story has Pokemon as a background/Angels and Demons (not really a fandom, but whatever)/Harry Potter/A million other popular TV shows.

Types Of Writing: Action/Adventure paired with supernatural and fantasy.

Strong Areas: My imagination and ability to put my characters in awesome situations.

Type Of Characters: Main character is always the Chosen One, with a father figure usually in the mix. ALWAYS have a group of people called the Legendary Team who help fight to save the world from the Shadow Forces.

Completed Stories: The Beginning of the War/Legends of the Past/The Powers of Land, Sea, and Sky/The Powers of Time and Space/The Last Battle/Aftermath/Shadow and Light/Angels and Demons

Current Stories: For the Sake of the World, Shadows of Elements, How to Save a Life, Shadow Games, and Aquapolis

Future Stories: Heart and Soul (sequel to Shadows of Elements) and a possible non-Aquapolian Sherlock Holmes fanfiction (sequel)
    Last edited by chosen_one386; 12th April 2012 at 6:46 AM.

Could've sworn I made one of these. Oh well, better get to work.

Name: Gelatino95, sometimes just Gelatino, and Gelo as a nickname.

Age (optional): Sixteen

Fiction background (optional): One time when I was an avid Spore player, a dump truck filled to the top with inspiration ran into me. I started writing The Odyssey of Beltuga. I made many chapters of that fic, but then a cargo plane filled with inspiration crashed into me after reading The Adventure of Adventureness by Missingno. Master, and since I wasn't getting much feedback on The Odyssey of Beltuga, I started writing Supernova using a lot of ideas from my fakemon forum, New Gen Pokemon.

Fandoms you write in: Spore and Pokemon, also some original fiction

Types Of Writing: A healthy mix of adventure and comedy. They have to be in perfect harmony in order to make a good fic.

Strong Areas: From a totally subjective viewpoint, I'd have to say character development. I'm careful to make sure that I include plenty of room for characterization.

Type Of Characters: I like to make characters that represent parts of my own personality. Sometimes they're rambunctious and spontaneous, but sometimes they're calm and collected. Sometimes a combination.

Completed Stories: None, yet. I'm fairly new to this writing stuff.

Current Stories: The Odyssey of Beltuga and Supernova.

SUPERNOVA

An underground group of criminals known only as Team Nova are up to something in the Fushi region. A young boy named Kenny is recruited to join the team, but he escapes and is constantly on the run from them. Can he stop Team Nova from completing their dastardly plans while rising against the challenge of the Pokemon League?

Future Stories: I have a one-shot that I have plans for in the future. It's called A Day in the Life and, as the title implies, it outlines a day in the life of a pokemon (specifically Archeops, for no particular reason).

UPDATE: I just got a ton of inspiration for another fic. It involves Gentleman Walter, an NPC in Hoenn in the route next to Lilycove (the guy with the Manectric), and how he is sent on a journey to unlock they mystery of the Regi trio. But his story is rife with danger, deception, and plenty of pokemon battles. I also have an idea for a sequel to that which involves Meloetta, but that's all I'll say about that.

Writing Tips (Optional): Don't make your story solely based on action and adventure. If you're writing a pokemon fic, don't make it so that most of the story is just pokemon battles or something like that. Something actually has to happen in the story, and remember that not all problems have to be solved with a pokemon battle. Also, be sure to leave plenty of room for characters' personalities to build. You may have a good idea of what your character is like in your imagination, but other people may not, so make sure you have a lot of opportunity for characters to act according to their personalities. That's the best way for people to understand your work.

Also, make sure you do a lot of thinking about your story so that you get a good image in your head and get all the framework and such. If you just delve right into it after getting a burst of inspiration, you're likely to miss some key parts. Let your ideas fester and rot inside your head for a while. The longer the better.

Just one more thing: don't be afraid to go back and edit.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 5th February 2012 at 5:05 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

Updated. Thanks!

Name: Nightfall715 (Preferred Mid)

Age (optional): N/A

Fiction background (optional): After reading Dark Raid in this website called pokéfarm not too long ago, I came up with my idea for a fan-fic called Crystal Clear.

Fandoms you write in: Sonic The Hedgehog Series and Pokémon Usually.

Types Of Writing: Preferred Adventure, but sometimes do humor.

Strong Areas: I think I'm pretty good at cliffhangers. (And character development.)

Type Of Characters: Serious, modest, and possibly timid. I prefer to do characters that are serious, not goofy-like ones.

Completed Stories: In another website, this story called Death.

Current Stories: Uno, Dos, Tres

Future Stories: N/A

Writing Tips (Optional): Don't focus your writing in one plot, spread it out to make it good-rounded. If you are struggling, do not be afraid to ask for help.
    Last edited by Nightfall_; 25th February 2012 at 12:19 AM.
    EPIC SIG HERE

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast