Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Official Shonen Jump Thread

Winged Dragon of Ra in the next issue! Hopefully it's tournament usable. Then again, it's so hard to tribute summon a monster using 2 sacrifices with tournament rules.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Winged Dragon of Ra in the next issue! Hopefully it's tournament usable. Then again, it's so hard to tribute summon a monster using 2 sacrifices with tournament rules.
    I heard about this Ra card and I'm super excited. One of the few reasons I even buy the English Shonen Jump books is because of the promotional cards that come in every few issues. When is the next issue of Shonen Jump being released? I forget their release schedule :s

Quote Originally Posted by BudokaiG View Post
    A new Shonen Jump called "Shonen Jump Advanced" will be released, and it will include "Eyeshield 21", "Hunter x Hunter", and "I's". The first issue should ship April, 2005, and will cost about $7.99. The magazine is rated T+...
    About Shonen Jump, then i don't think i like it anymore. The selection of manga is great, but skiping ahead and censoring some manga sucks! Also let's not forget the comercials about buying GNs. Instead of making the magazine, they should just do GNs.
    Dragon Ball Z - 10/10 - My favorite
    Yu-Gi-Oh! - 10/10 - GREAT!!!!! Shares 1st favorite place with Dragon Ball Z.
    One Piece - 10/10 - My 2nd favorite. The art is great, and quite many "laugh-out-loud" moments.
    Naruto - 8/10 - Right now 8/10, but might change to 10/10 in the future...
    Shaman King - 8/10 - Like Naruto, it might get better in the future!
    Hikaru No Go - 6/10 - I just don't like manga about a boardgame.
    I'm subscribed to Shonen Jump. If I don't get it...I miss my manga installment. Here's my rates to each issue:

I think that the best manga i know of are;
    1. Keroro Gunso
    2. DBZ
    3. Pokemon

Please click this URL for my dragon to level up:

http://tamama12.dragonadopters.com/dragonbar_572790.png

Default How are you!!!

Whats up!!!

Default Reply

I really like this post,a very nice post.

i love all the mangas in shonen jump except yugioh ones there a little boaring

anybody else who subscribes to the american one get it for june yet?

If I could be a Gymleader:
    ELECTRIC

In the Death Note series Rem was in the human world when L and Watari died. So how did she discover Watari's real name?

Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    In the Death Note series Rem was in the human world when L and Watari died. So how did she discover Watari's real name?
    Uh................................................ .................................................. .....................................maybe she used her Shinigami Eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Uh................................................ .................................................. .....................................maybe she used her Shinigami Eyes?
    But she never saw Watari.

This thread has a lack of Spoiler tags or a Spoiler warning in the title.
    Pokemon White
    No friend code yet.
    Pokemon Black
    No friend code yet.

Pokemon Breeding

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/34djskm.png[/IMG]
    Trading for Power Items & Victini

Anyone see this weeks Beelzebub?

Funny things have been going on...

Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    But she never saw Watari.
    Watch again, she saw him when she entered the room he were in, or you mean she never saw his eyes? I don't remember whether she did or not...

Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

Quote Originally Posted by Wardek View Post
    Watch again, she saw him when she entered the room he were in, or you mean she never saw his eyes? I don't remember whether she did or not...
    Maybe but in the manga Watari only appeared in volume two and then after that he only communicated via the computer. Whereas Misa and Rem didn't appear until volume three... also when Watari died Rem was at the headquaters with L. If she was in the Shinigami realm at the time of his death then it would be easy for her to find out his real name... but the manga explains that once a Shinigami drops his/her notebook in the human world and appears befor the human with the Death Note then they are obligated to stay in the human world until that human dies, so there was no way that she could have found out Watari's real name beforhand. So have I found a small plot hole?

Shonen Jump's Comic Con panel is on the 22nd. I wonder which series Viz is going to announce?

I'm hoping for Sket Dance, Beelzebub, and Enigma.

http://www.japanator.com/nyaf-print-...ne-20558.phtml

Shonen Jump will be going from print to digital. I wonder if graphic novels will still be made.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    http://www.japanator.com/nyaf-print-...ne-20558.phtml

Shonen Jump will be going from print to digital. I wonder if graphic novels will still be made.
    It's not just "going from print to digital", it is getting a HUGE speed-up to be just two weeks behind when the chapters are released in the Japanese WSJ.

They said they'll look to close that gap after it's released and shown it will succeed.

Graphic novels will still be made and printed. There's nothing to worry about there. At least not for now. We've got to remember that manga is not big in the US and if they stop being profitable they'll stop printing them altogether. But don't blame it going digital, because that is not the cause. If it didn't have digital to go to in such a case, manga would just stop being released here altogether.

The blame should be put more on the failure of stores like Borders (which had something to do with digital books, of course, but not on the manga side) and also the fanbase of anime/manga who don't have enough values to support the manga they illegally read online.
    ~ ~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    Viz confirmed they'll still be printing GNs. It's just Jump that's switching to digital. They also stated they've got an even number of people fighting for them to not cancel the print and others supporting the switch to digital. They said to be sure to let them know what you think via their Facebook page, Twitter (both VizMedia and ShonenJump) and e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy II View Post
    The blame should be put more on the failure of stores like Borders (which had something to do with digital books, of course, but not on the manga side) and also the fanbase of anime/manga who don't have enough values to support the manga they illegally read online.
    According to TokyoPop's Twitter, they mentioned part of their reason for going under was because Borders wasn't paying them for their books. Borders was just losing out on money since people simply came, grabbed some books and sat at the coffee tables to have a drink while reading. They basically became fancy libraries.

Also worth noting that manga's gone up in price recently. Back in the earlier days, manga was around the $12 to $15 price range and saw a significant drop to around $70 to $10. It's slowly gotten back up to where manga's costing $10 to $13 a volume, depending on what you're getting and from which publishing company. Meanwhile, Japan pays roughly about $5 for their manga. Even the digital pricing for manga here is roughly the same price range as Japan's prints. There's also the matter of Viz being notorious for dropping series' left and right (Shakugan no Shana novels and manga, Gintama), throwing them into hiatus (Strawberry 100%, Reborn) or releasing a series in an odd order with several either rearranged or missing earlier/later volumes (Bobobo). Suddenly, it's easier to see why people are so hesitant about paying for their manga.
    Last edited by Chris; 19th October 2011 at 7:54 AM.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

With the rampant, innumerable sites that host manga online, that folks can read for free, I see the future of ONline SJ, not too successfully.

I may contribute to the problem, but paying for manga online does not appeal to me.

I'd rather buy hard, physical copies of manga, in volume form.

Being able to preview stuff online for free, is a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    With the rampant, innumerable sites that host manga online, that folks can read for free, I see the future of ONline SJ, not too successfully.

I may contribute to the problem, but paying for manga online does not appeal to me.

I'd rather buy hard, physical copies of manga, in volume form.

Being able to preview stuff online for free, is a good strategy.
    This is just false entitlement.

The price for a full year of Alpha is VERY reasonable.
    ~ ~
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Envy II View Post
    The price for a full year of Alpha is VERY reasonable.
    $25 a year for official digital scans.
    The you can only read on a web browser or iOS platform.
    Which requires some form of internet connection.
    Many people have unreliable internet services that tend to be slow.

You basically pay for something that you don't actually own and could be taken from you at any point should the service fail or if a licensing issue were to occur that forces Viz to pull the series from circulation. Thankfully, they're not doing this with the graphic novels, but it's going to get to that point where they'll think about it.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Not to mention it's only going to be JUMP titles. Only thing I read in JUMP right now is Bakuman, and I don't see the point in paying for one title that, if it existed in a magazine, I could get away with reading for free anyway.

Anybody here a Shonen Jump Alpha subscriber?

I am. It had a bumpy start with issues of those who pre-ordered having the site treat them like they never subscribed and when trying to get to the magazine being prompted to order again.

Thankfully, that is all resolved now.

I only read One Piece, but it's still worth it (for me). The quality of the scans is top quality. It looks perfect in full screen on my 23 inch monitor. The quality is substantially higher than that of illegal scans. All of the detail is preserved, and for a series like One Piece, that makes a big difference.

So, I am satisfied with SJ Alpha. I don't like being two and a half weeks behind the illegal scanlations, but whatever. It's better than being a year or more behind.
    ~ ~
    ---

The only shonen jump manga i've ever read was one piece.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast