Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shonen Jump Thread

Kokukirin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugis Black Magician
    Yuugiou! from what I heard used to be underrate from what I heard. Besides, whats wrong with liking YGO, it's a great Manga and Animé, but that's if you're into Action, friendship, gaming, and finding yourself (a little theme that actually fits both Atemu and Jounochi).

Do you expect a T rated Manga magizine would have the f word in it? Besides, usually when Manga and Animé is "fansubbed" or unofficialy translated, those who translate it usually muck with the words, like adding the f word and lot, and the s word, besides they could mean crap and freak too, just the same with dang and darn and ****, heck could also be translated ****, but that's just me, I'm not even in JNP, I'm only in Middle School, I'll take it next year and all, but from what little I know, well... you get it...
    Hi more assumptions please.

Did I say that it is wrong to like YGO? All I said is YGO is overrated. Also, I like manga with or without actions.

Should I give you a list of manga that has better actions? YYH, Hunter x Hunter, Onepiece, Naruto, Gundam, Berserk, Gunnm, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, Zombie Powder, Houshin Engi, Vagabond, Hellsing, X, Tokyo Babylon, RG Veda, Tsubasa...

YGO does not feature friendship. In fact, I do not find the friendship part outstanding at all.

The "finding yourself" part doesn't fit at all.

Like I said, the gaming part is the only interesting thing in YGO.

Slaking Master Guest

Guys, I got a January issue of Shonen Jump and decided to suscribe on January. What issues will I have? Will I have the February issue or will they skip the February issue and give me the March issue? I hope they don't skip the February issue!

Misty is my love Guest

i am just wondering has anyone ever won those prizes in the shonen jump. as a subscriber i love shonen jumps news about things about tcg and new tcgs. i have been a subscriber since issue 1

Angry

Friendship, although not showcased is, according to the CREATOR is basiclly one of the main themes from what I've read, correct me if I'm mistaken. Adn I know that their are better ACTION Manga out their. Also I wasn't trying to piss you off with the whole overrated thing, I was merely pointing out what I got off of the Manga (as in with vibes). The reason I said finding yourself is because for thirty volumes (volume 8 being the estimated volume for when he became awhere) Yami no Yuugi, or Atemu, didn't know who the heck he was, and for all of Battle City he was shearching for answers and during the early half of of the Memory story arc. Also, I'm not doubting that you ever heard, but have you not hear Jounouchi say, he won't except the REBD from Yuugi because he wants to earn it back properly in a duel? Where he CAN PROVE he is a REAL duelist, that is his whole blasted goal for Battle City, maybe it's just because I'm a purit when it comes to YGO, but those two stories kind of remind me of "finding yourself" the only thing I'm guilty of is not being discriptive in said post.

The reason the gaming party is the only intresting part is because Kaz-san never shed light on to many other aspects...

Kokukirin Guest

The "finding yourself" part does not make the manga anything good, it is merely part of the story.

drTomoe123 Guest

I read part of mine tonight, and I was unhappy to see the one sentence summary of the next volume of RuroKen, but hey, I won't be happy unless the entire issue was about Rurouni Kenshin. :P

Anyway, I also saw that I"s will be released in April. Yessss.

Dragon Ball is no longer a part of Shonen Jump. Now they're putting it into graphic novels only, which leads me to believe even more they're simply trying to force people to get the novels. --; First they skip two arcs for YGO and make them novel-only, and now they've finished the Cell saga and are making the Buu saga novel-only. >_o

Dr. Slump starts next month, but it's a damn preview only. So that means they're putting it into GN-format. Hunter x Hunter was shown this month, but will not be kept.
    ---------------------
    It also saddens me that they ruined the complete feel of Gaara in Naruto. :\

"Anyone who crosses me..is dead meat."

To which his comrade replies with "I hate it when he gets like this...he's so creepy!!"

Sorry, but I prefer the original "I'll kill you" line over "dead meat." It certainly doesn't match Gaara and telling someone they're going to be dead meat is rather childish and ain't at all creepy. x_X
    --------------------
    Back onto Dragon Ball, they've gone with the common misspelling of Majin Buu's name by going with "Boo." It's already been shown by several non-Bandai merchandise that it's "Buu" and not "Boo." Bigger pet peeve is the fact that they keep the name "Hercule." They fully acknowledge his name is Mr. Satan in the Character Bio page, yet they refuse to keep the name for no specific reason whatsoever. Last I recall, this whole damn magazine wasn't meant for kids and it seems like they're slowly making it for them. :\

Then of course, Imperfect Cell vs Super Saiyajin Trunks. Cell's got one of the worst lines I've read in the SJ edition. "YOU THINK YOU'RE HOT?!! THEN TRY THIS!!!" Almost as bad as Super Saiyajin 2 Gohan's "Whoopie." replacing his "I'm not impressed.." line.

Just these things alone make me believe that Viz is slowly converting Shonen Jump into a bunch of manga based off of their dub anime counterparts. Seriously, whatever happened to actually TRANSLATING rather than writing up your own lines? It annoys the hell outta me that they're going ahead and writing up lines that weren't originally there and making it seem like something kiddies would enjoy reading. Really bugs the hell outta me that they're also trying to force people to buy their novels by taking out portions and making them available only through there. Bad enough they advertise, telling people to buy them ON EVERY OTHER PAGE. x_X

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

BudokaiG Guest

Yeah that just makes me mad! That's like Sweden now. They made their own SJ magazine, and they'll not finish ANY manga there. It's more like a "preview" magazine for people who don't know what manga to buy...

It also saddens me that they ruined the complete feel of Gaara in Naruto. :\

"Anyone who crosses me..is dead meat."

To which his comrade replies with "I hate it when he gets like this...he's so creepy!!"

Sorry, but I prefer the original "I'll kill you" line over "dead meat." It certainly doesn't match Gaara and telling someone they're going to be dead meat is rather childish and ain't at all creepy. x_X
    Oh yes, altering one precious line will kill our beloved series. >_>

Though his original line does seem a better choice, it doesn't make a big of a deal.

Chill out Edward, because Viz has not completely screwed themself over yet.

"Say hello to my little friend!."

DarkAngel Guest

i really like SHONEN JUMP, I really like Hikarunogo, Yu-gi-oh, Shamanking and Onepiece. i bought every issue but i missed the issue from october-december cause it took a vacation in P.I. from october then we move here on cali and i can't find the magazine that time so i missed those issues.

I've gotten my May 2005 issue. The Dr. Slump preview seemed to follow the fansubs I read somewhere on the net. Hikaru no Go was SWEET this month as Sai battled Akira on the internet (twice I think) and Akira quite both times. But during the battle when Hikaru asked Sai if Akira had gotten better Sai realized, it was he who was a better player then ever (SWEET!!!) and Akira saw this too, at first he thought he was fighting the mighty Hikaru, but then he noticed something different.

One Piece was great too, espicially when Gin broke down and couldn't bring himself to kill Sanji. Krieg turned on Gin and fired another poisonous cannon ball, but Gin gave a mask to Luffy and one to Sanji, he inhaled the poison willingly to save Sanji, after so, Gin was taken to get fresh air via Patty and his fellwo cook, while Luffy unleashed his rage on Krieg...

Also, in YYH Yuusuke found out he burned out his aura and can't use the Reigun anymore, while the gang got ready for the next match, each team though was missing two members, so they decided on a three on three royal. Things looked grim for Team Uramishi....

As for Shaman King, Tao Ren and Yoh began their third battle with a big bang, as more is revealed about Mana, and Ren even shows off his ways of using his Over Soul, like making a Bason rocket, and a upper body with an arm! But still Yoh fought back, in the process he lost a lot of his Over Soul, but reformed it at the cost of soem Mana...

Also, Naruto was great this month with will Gaara's sand coffin...heh heh, lots o' blood.....

Also, in Yuugiou! Theif King Bakura began a battle with Seto, proving Diabound was a more powerful then Seto imagined. Also Babosa sent the gang (minus Bakura) into the Dark Yuugi's Soul Maze. The mission: find the door to his memories.....

Next issue, Sasuke must do battle with the Rain ninja. Ren's power grows, the six Preists find Diabound's power greater then expected, Luffy begins the final battle with Krieg and much more.......

Chaos_Angel Guest

Thumbs down

I completely hate Shonen Jump and Viz in general. They managed to completly mangle Yuugi-oh (which is hard to make it any worse) and completely destroyed Angel Sanctuary and X, which are some of the most beautiful manga to be made. It saddened me when I found out they got Hikaru no Go and Fullmetal Alchemist, which are very good series'. Because of Viz, I turned to scantalations to get the delicious manga that I need. I hope Viz is happy.

First of all, if you hate Shonen Jump in general, then you hate Yugioh and Hikaru No Go, considering Shonen Jump's a Japanese magazine.

Second, how did they "completely mangle" "Yuugi-oh"? They only skipped a few volumes.
    Though I can't talk about Angel Sanctuary or X because I know what the hell they are, you need to chill. Though Viz sucks, they have yet to "completely" ruin anything.

i don't see anything wrong with Angel Sanctuary as far as i know from my books and from what people have said on the other forums. And with X/1999, All that i can see that different is that it from left to right. I wouldn't worry about that too much because Viz at some point will got to an second edition where it go right to left. and that what i'm waiting for.

How did the skip the volumes.

seven graphic novel was release and they started the Duelest chapter. Three are release so far. Shonen Jump is during the Millenun World story.

DBZ is now leaving Shonen Jump, but the rest of the story will continue in graphic novels

I love the new YuGiOh: Millennium World
    [IMG135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PharaohAtemAtemu/11.jpg[/IMG135]

Huh, funny; whenever someone rants about Viz screwing up a manga somewhat (For me, it is mainly Naruto) Dogasu (Or somebody... >> is there to jump on there *** about it. He/she says that they ***** about it, and that we shouldn't expect them to do a full translation of it. My only question is though, how the hell can they not do that while in turn we get manga scanlations that obviously are able to fit the original (Or pretty damn close to the original) translations of the lines onto them? Meh, just a thought.

I used to absolutely love Shonen Jump in the US... then I became a bit suspicious about them because somehow it just didn't seem fitting to what the characters said (This has occured a lot in the monthly manga that they put out). Then I went on the internet, and bam, I found out that they muck around with the manga translations. While that doesn't bother me as much, it just shows either:

A) They are too damn lazy to actually put out a truly good translation of manga because they are *supposedly* one of the best over here in the US. -.-

B) They think that kids aren't aware that 'Journeyman' doesn't quite fit the bill; I think that the ones reading the manga can realize that Chuunin is obviously higher than Naruto's rank and lower than Kakashi's. Oh, and don't get my started on 'The Art of the Valentine'. -.-

Seriously, to anyone who says that I am just another fanboy who is moaning and *****ing about how Shonen Jump can't fit the manga, then listen to this and shut up. Viz is clearly capable of putting out excellent translations of the mangas out there (Rurouni Kenshin is very obvious choice for that; also, notice how it is the best selling manga here in the US from Shonen Jump and they release it reguarly with one of the best translations out there. Notice any correlation there?), but instead they try to 'Americanize' it and great mangas that people want out faster they simply delay (Naruto, One Piece, etc.) and will more than likely never catch up with the manga until we are too old enough to care about it.

I like it that someone mentioned (Sorry, forgot who ) that Shonen Jump/Viz should just put out graphic novels. IMO, that would be a good idea, but I think I might like it better if they simply just either released one new chapter a week (Kinda' like how it is in Japan, would make a helluva lot more sense) or else just release a minimum of three chapters a month. Yes, a lot of dead trees and crap, but no worse than what could also happen.

I think I'm done ranting. Anybody who still thinks that I'm an a-hole, please feel free to state so.

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Kay, you're an a-hole. But seriously, people complain that Viz sucks because they don't keep the original names. Sure there's "The Art of Valintine" but it won't really destroy anything for you.

I love the irony in "Hikaru No Go" (Volume 3, Issue 6, Number 30) where Hikaru is visiting the Shonen Jump webpage.

Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

I think that was in the original.....but it was pretty funny nonethless.

At least Shonen Jump doesn't edit any pictures, except maybe the I's thing.

poke manga artiset Guest

pfft,i thought it was saposed to be origanal and unedited.
    what was edit in I's?

Yeah, the #30 issue says that some of the preview was edited from the original Japanese version (most likely with some of the swimsuits).

EDIT: I doubt that's the same with the graphic novel, though.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

drTomoe123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    Yeah, the #30 issue says that some of the preview was edited from the original Japanese version (most likely with some of the swimsuits).

EDIT: I doubt that's the same with the graphic novel, though.
    In the Shonen Jump preview of I"s, sound effects were placed over one of the last scenes where it shows the Ichitaka about to grab Iori's butt.

There was an even worse edit in the actual GN, a set of nipples being replaced with two stars, which has caused me to boycott the title. When Viz licensed I"s, they sent it to the Shonen Jump Advanced line, which was presumably for teenagers, and they still edited it anyway, while Video Girl Ai kept the similar scenes.

Well, it wouldn't really be surprising that at least Shonen Jump got I"s edited, since it's only for younger teens. I was still surprised with the graphic novel though, but I don't really care that much. (It's not like I'm gonna get it or anything.)
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

It's funny how Shonen Jump used to be just about perfect when it first started up. They were a teen focused magazine. Now they seem to be focusing more on the younger kids when clearly alot of the manga aren't intended for children (such as I"s and early Yu-Gi-Oh!). This is reminding me too much of when Dragon Ball first began to get censored. People complained to change it back to being uncensored and Viz went ahead and slapped a "13 and Up" sticker on each book. Why can't they do this? :| It's bad enough some of the edits are carrying over to the graphic novels (so much for hoping Mr. Satan would keep his original name rather than Hercule in the GN, despite Viz clearly stating that his original name in Japan is Mr. Satan).

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast