Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shonen Jump Thread

peewi Guest

Unfortunately for me, Shonen Jump can't be bought in the country where i live. does anyone know whether or not i will get a BEUD, if i buy the january issue under previous issues on http://www.shonenjump.com/?

Quote Originally Posted by peewi
    Unfortunately for me, Shonen Jump can't be bought in the country where i live. does anyone know whether or not i will get a BEUD, if i buy the january issue under previous issues on http://www.shonenjump.com/?
    I don't see why you wouldn't, considering it's glued inside the magazine. I would hurry and do it though before December ends, just in case it is a matter of supply and they run out of the card.

And if all else fails, there is always E-Bay.

peewi Guest

I think it can only be gotten from www.shonenjump.com after the new issue is released (its not on the previous issues page yet).
    Also i think it would be expensive as hell on E-Bay.

I normally just ask my uncle in Singapore to send it plus he is so extra kind that he sends me some volumes of manga but Ebay is a way though I reckon its expensive.
    I support Pokeshipping, Hoennshipping, Abilityshipping, Advanceshipping

Speaking of Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, I saw it on sale along with a Toon Gemini Elf...but that was at a Target near my home. ^^

EDIT: Yay! I got the Jauary issue in the mail! Finally... -_-
    Last edited by Yellow Bommen; 24th December 2005 at 11:35 PM.
    Twin/Little sister—Lil Crickee

Quote Originally Posted by ~♥Artemis♥~
    Speaking of Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, I saw it on sale along with a Toon Gemini Elf...but that was at a Target near my home. ^^

EDIT: Yay! I got the Jauary issue in the mail! Finally... -_-
    I saw it on sale with Toon Goblin Attack Force.

I like Shonen Jump's Naruto especially...
    Er-hem!...Congradulations, Ash, you and your pokemon are hall of famers!"

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonShock
    I saw it on sale with Toon Goblin Attack Force.
    Oh yeah, it WAS a Toon Goblin Attack Force... my bad. ^^;

I've yet to read the January issue though. It seems as if I don't have time for anything except computer nowadays... =S

WingedBlade Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Chao
    Well I'm sat here in the loverly wet UK waiting for my January Shonen Jumps to arrive...but hopefully the fact that my comic shop preordered them in october should mean I get all 5 BEUD I wanted. And does this mean Exchange of Spirit is in the Febuary issue? if so thats cool.
    Yes it does. Sneak Peak cards are always relwased with the book a few months after. The next card after that will be a spell due to the order.

2 Monsters, 2 Traps,2 Spells?

I already got the February issue and I read it. It was pretty good, although there weren't many surprises, in my opinion. But at least it had Exchange of the Sprit. ^^

Oh yah

Naruto:     Spoiler:

Gintama was hilarious I was lmao and rofl!
    Signature.

Oh yeah, I remember THAT. ^^

That was hilarious. One of the best things about that issue. Gin Tama was kinda okay, IMO. I liked Black Cat from the previous issue much better. =S

Uchiha Obito Guest

Gintama was cool!!!!

I also got the new February issue. (I got it on Friday but wasn't really able to get on a computer because I was out of town until now.)

Black Cat-     Spoiler:

One Piece-     Spoiler:

Naruto-     Spoiler:

Shaman King-     Spoiler:

Yu-Gi-Oh!-     Spoiler:

Hikaru no Go-     Spoiler:

EDIT: Oh yeah, how could I forget to say this?!

NARUTO WAS ON THE COVER AGAIN!!!

Actually, this cover looked pretty cool. This blue and green issue had one of the best English covers I've ever seen (though the Japanese ones are better, but I can understand why).

Also, I forgot to mention that they made a mistake in the last issue's chapter of Hikaru no Go ("A Place to Return"). In the first pabel, the word "SHINDO" was written under #17 instead of #18 (or something like that). Hikaru was #18 in the original manga, and the kanji symbols for "SHINDO" are the same, only "OZAWA", I believe, is in its place. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 3rd January 2006 at 12:40 AM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

*head spinning about the last part of that guys post*

This issue was...
    Ok.
    Hikaru no Go was cool, as always, The Cover rocked, as did Naruto and Black Cat. OnePeice is getting kinda boring >>
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Uchiha Obito Guest

i have to get february issue today!!!

I'm very pleased to see a character on the cover besides Yugi. Seriously, Shonen Jump coverart has become so repetitive and boring. They really need to focus on the other manga they have in there. When you compare the number of times Yugi's been on the cover to the number of times anyone else has, it's embarassing.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: 21
    Naruto: 4
    Dragon Ball Z: 6
    One Piece: 1
    Shaman King: 4
    Yu Yu Hakusho: 1
    Hikaru No Go: 0

...and Sandland was not on the cover once during it's entire run in Shonen Jump.

The problem with the coverart aside, the issues have been great so far. Every story has me on the edge of my seat. The stories may be watered down and minorly censored, but they're still enjoyable to read.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

But then again, it looks like Naruto could be on the cover to replace the issues where Dragon Ball Z used to be since Naruto's a TV show now. Also, for a few more comments about the manga...

Naruto- It's great to see Hinata actually do some fighting. I don't really mind the shyness or anything, but I'm glad that she is showing some strength (even though she lost).

Yu-Gi-Oh!- For those of you who hope it'll end soon, let me warn you that its far from over.

And for those of you who want to see what the cover looks like...

EDIT: Oh, so that's how it is. Unless there's a new issue, everybody abandons the thread. XD

Anyway, sorry if this is old news, but I found this:

It's called "SHONEN JUMP ADVANCED COMPILATION, Vol. 1", and I think it has the first chapter of each Advanced manga on the cover.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 23rd January 2006 at 2:09 PM.

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

SJ came in yesterday. w00t :O

-OMG Luffy's the main character on the cover! That's two in a row that don't feature the Pharoh!
    -OMGWTFBBQ there's an ad for the Case Closed Box set :O! And ooo, it has Gin and Vodka on the cover and...oh right, this post is about SJ, not my Detective Conan obession. Proceed!
    -Claymore. Looks. Awesome. 8D Must buy manga when it comes out >:O
    -Ahh, so THAT'S why Hikaru's falling behind so much in Go...and way to go Hikaru,     Spoiler:
    was a BRILLIANT idea. >_> <_<
    -HAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 8D Horrah! Oh, and Yoh's group gets together and all that. And poor Manta(and Pirika, and Anna, and...) are left behind...    Spoiler:

-Lee reminds us that although he is dorky, he pwns anyway. I just LOVE the scene where he     Spoiler:

-Arlong arc still pwns, kthnxbai. >:O
    -It's somewhat sad to be reading the Dark Tournement arc in the YYH manga about 2 years(or so) after I've seen it in the anime. :< But Kurama's fight against can-make-people-younger guy(can't remember his name X_X) still owns.
    -:O! Whazzizname(must get better at learning names x.o) can     Spoiler:
    And dammit, this arc is actually getting me interested in YGO again :<
    -OMG we're getting a Naruto DVD(presumably of the first ep, in English only) and TCG card next month :O
    -OMG I used OMG and :O way too much in this post! Along with far too many exclaimation points!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I got mine today, and my idea that Claymore is something of a shounen version of Berserk with a lead female character still stands. I'm interested to get it once it comes out. I have high expectations.

I'm also reminded why I wish that Viz would include a 'damn' or 'hell' once in a while in their Shonen Jump line. Seriously, I can't picture Arlong of all people say "Blast you!" or "Curse you!" Somewhat disappointing to me.

Here's looking at the next one, though, considering that Viz will be giving a preview of D.Gray-man, which is currently my favorite title running in Weekly Jump in Japan. If Viz does a good adaption, then I'll buy them by all means (I suggest the rest of you do the same -- D.Gray-man is bloody fuggin awesome).

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

I still haven't gotten the new issue. (Since it's the day it was suppposed to come out, would it even be worth mentioning that I got it?) I checked the bookstore near me Saturday to see if the issue came out early, but it did not.

However, I did find a picture of it for those of you who want to see what it looks like...

After 5 minutes of digging through the magazines at Blockbusterm i got itm,but I only read Naruto, and little bits of everything else. Rock Lee is AWSOME!! But gaara, even more so. "I can control sand! Bo-ya!" I'd pay for gaara to say that.
    Hooray for college

I have one question. I live in the UK and have no idea where to get this magazine from. I mean, I had never even heard of it before until about a month ago. Also, would it be better for me to wait for the volumes to come out? Or would I be able to get the stories straight away?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Right, I am going to enquire about buying them in the UK tomorrow at the shop, but I was looking online, as that may be the only place I may be able to buy them from, and the earliest issue is April 2003. Do you think I should buy the magazine, or just get the volumes? Sorry to repeat the question, but I would really like to know.
    Last edited by Kez; 10th February 2006 at 7:16 PM.
    Wanna chat? Just add me to your msn or AIM.
    I claim Brook/ Gentelman Skeleton in the Bishie thread (version 3.0)

Ahhh!! Claymore was AWSOME!! The art isnt all that good, but, the story is AWSOME!! The Naruto Chapters were awsome (The weights made a damn crater!) Gaara's pwning lee...
    About time we get done with the Arlong Arc, It's getting boring, and we finaly get to see Yoko in YuYu... ANd the HnG Swordfights were awsome!
    Hooray for college

Got new Issue. Naruto is on the front agaian! Subscribers get Naruto DVD with first episode, and Magazine comes with Naruto Card. Preview for D.Gray Man and a exert from Prince of Tennis. Next issue has free YGO card, Ancitent Lamp.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast