Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Shonen Jump Thread

And here I sit, curled up in a ball, waiting for my precious Shonen Jump to arrive in the mail so I can get to play my Dragon Quest VIII demo. ._.;

And it appears that since DBZ left Shonen Jump, it's only gotten worse.

..Satan City's become Herculopolis. x_x;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    And here I sit, curled up in a ball, waiting for my precious Shonen Jump to arrive in the mail so I can get to play my Dragon Quest VIII demo. ._.;

And it appears that since DBZ left Shonen Jump, it's only gotten worse.

..Satan City's become Herculopolis. x_x;
    I wanna play that Demo so bad but A) i dont subscribe, and B) I dont have a PS2
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

Okay, so I went to my local Barnes and Noble earlier today and I discovered...

NOVEMBER 2005 is already out!

If I remember correctly, it's a blue-ish greenish color, and, once again, Yami Yugi is on the cover, but not as him as the Pharaoh.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the money to buy it, and all the copies were still wrapped in plastic, so I couldn't open them. But, the front cover did mention that One Piece had three chapters in it as usual. That's really all.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy

If I remember correctly, it's a blue-ish greenish color, and, once again, Yami Yugi is on the cover, but not as him as the Pharaoh.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the money to buy it, and all the copies were still wrapped in plastic, so I couldn't open them. But, the front cover did mention that One Piece had three chapters in it as usual. That's really all.
    Bloody coolness! But are you shure an you wernt just hiluninating?
    Hooray for college

Seriously. (If I was, I probably wouldn't seen Hikaru on the cover.) It's quite a shame that every copy was in plastic. I had to push around the plastic just to take a peak inside and all I could see was a One Piece panel. But yes, I'm not joking.

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

Cool. Hopefuly thell be at Walden.
    Hikaru on the cover would own all.
    Hooray for college

Yeah.

Of course, in this issue they had BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo for the preview. And for one more non-important fact, the cover did mention how Naruto was on TV now. But the cover was almost the same cover as the last one.

Almost the same, but with Yami insted of Naruto
    Hooray for college

Sorry, I meant the color was almost the same.

EDIT: I wonder what they'll do when Yu-Gi-Oh! ends? Maybe they'll just say, "Yu-Gi-Oh's ended, so putting Yami on the cover won't really make any sense... oh well! Let's put him on anyway!"

The next issue is out already?!? WTF?

Might as well go get it. XD
    3DS Friend Code: 2466-1438-1624

What the Gunk! I still haven't gotten my issue in the mail, that is bull crap!!

I'm not so sure it is out, unless other states get it before other ones.

Because the one that is out right now is October's issue.

I'm actually surprised, because in my Barnes and Noble, it's hard to predict when the new issues will come out. This completely shocked me, but hopefully somebody else will find one too.

Whoa, Yugi is on the cover?! That's never happened before.

Seriously, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing Yugi on the cover of nearly every single issue. He's on the cover of 8 issues in this year alone. That's 3/4 of the year! Shonen Jump currently has 6 manga (excluding the previews) in it. Why can't they just put a character from each one on the cover twice, then we have an evenly balanced year. I would give anything to see Hikaru, Yoh, Luffy, or Yusuke on the cover more often.

Well, I'm off to pick the next issue up somewhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

They need to use One Piece, Shaman King, BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo, Naruto, and Yu Yu (forgot the rest >_<) more often. I get annoyed when all they use is Atemu. *Makes Anti Atemu/Yugi banner* No more damnit! >:O

I already checked Barnes and Nobles and they had nothing. So I just got Naruto volume 1 and Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist volume 8.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox
    Whoa, Yugi is on the cover?! That's never happened before.

Seriously, I'm getting pretty tired of seeing Yugi on the cover of nearly every single issue. He's on the cover of 8 issues in this year alone. That's 3/4 of the year! Shonen Jump currently has 6 manga (excluding the previews) in it. Why can't they just put a character from each one on the cover twice, then we have an evenly balanced year. I would give anything to see Hikaru, Yoh, Luffy, or Yusuke on the cover more often.

Well, I'm off to pick the next issue up somewhere.
    No, I mean the light-skinned Yami Yugi is on the cover. Most of the recent covers have him as the dark-skinned Pharaoh.

I got back from my Local WAlden, tey didnt have it. But they did have Beet7 out, but i didnt get it.
    Hooray for college

Oh yeah, also the cover mentioned that there would be "Grand Battle Secrets" for the new One Piece game, but maybe you guys already knew that. That's all I can remember.

There were grandbattle secrets in lastmonths, about how to Unlock Mr 2, but they said this one has a real hook
    Hooray for college

Well, I got the issue, and I've read part of it. The Grand Battle Secrets section tells you how to unlock Mr. 0 Crocodile. Also, besides the preview, every manga has two chapters in this new issue. (One Piece, though, has three.)

Naruto-     Spoiler:

One Piece-     Spoiler:

That's pretty much all I've read so far.

The preview is of Bo^7 right? Presumably starting off with where the last preview ended?

Well, the chapters are called Chapter 1: Challenger, and Chapter 2: It's Chuga Chuga Time, but they don't come right after Chapter One. Beauty, Gasser, and Jelly Jiggler are already in these chapters. The preview also mentions how Bo-BoBo and his friends have "just defeated the third member of the Bald Empire's Big Four." I'm not sure what chapters these really are, but they can't be two and three.

EDIT: And apparently, Ruroni Kenshin is the next preview.

Well, I got the issue, and I've read part of it. The Grand Battle Secrets section tells you how to unlock Mr. 0 Crocodile. Also, besides the preview, every manga has two chapters in this new issue. (One Piece, though, has three.)

One Piece-     Spoiler:

That's pretty much all I've read so far.
    *aoivs reading NARUTO* i love this arc, and cant wait to findout what happens...
    And do you realy have to Spoil Tag One Peice? Most US people have seen it

Well, the chapters are called Chapter 1: Challenger, and Chapter 2: It's Chuga Chuga Time, but they don't come right after Chapter One. Beauty, Gasser, and Jelly Jiggler are already in these chapters. The preview also mentions how Bo-BoBo and his friends have "just defeated the third member of the Bald Empire's Big Four." I'm not sure what chapters these really are, but they can't be two and three.

EDIT: And apparently, Ruroni Kenshin is the next preview.
    Wow, there just like pulling previwes outa the hat.I just read Kenshin 16... I cant rember if i read 15, but i dont think i did...
    It was cool, but i like Beet better
    Last edited by Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix; 27th September 2005 at 10:43 PM.
    Hooray for college

Comments copied from my LJ due to laziness. If it looks like a bunch of random thoughts, it's because those ARE a bunch of random thoughts. For the most part.

-Dragon Quest VIII is the free thing of the month. Might be interesting.
    -There's also a holographic Embodiment of Apophis card. Yeesh, I've gotten at least 20 YGO cards from SJ by now...
    -There's another long, annoying section on a YGO tournement...
    -Oooo, more Naruto shirts at Hot Topic...I want one. Now. ;( Behold. The image is a tad big(file-size-wise.), just so you know.
    -There's also a (not very good looking...)One Piece pinup.
    -The preview of the month is...Bo^7? Didn't we have that as a preview before?
    -Egypt-Kaiba(I am now referring to the ancient equivalents of the main characters as "Egypt-(their name)". It's easier that way.) is heading down the path of evil...of course. -_-
    -They called Ren's kwan-dao a sword. Oi vey...how does it resemble a sword, anyway?
    -It's a relief hearing...er, seeing...China called "China" after watching dub SK...
    -So the SK crew'll have to face the Wu-Fu Zing-Dui-Si-Shang-Deng...I think I'll just call them "the 5-curse squad", thankyouverymuch. @_@
    -We're finally at the backstory for Sakura and Ino! Yay! 8D
    -HnG is good as ever...it's amazing to think that a story about Go can be so gripping, ne?
    -Kuwabara manages to muster up enough willpower to keep his team in the game. Good show, I guess.
    -..."Belle-Mčre"? ...why? It's not a big change, but it's still irritating.
    -The Arlong Arc is awesome. Enough said.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 28th September 2005 at 1:51 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingRhythmicalPhoenix
    And do you realy have to Spoil Tag One Peice? Most US people have seen it
    Not necessarily, but there are people that probably haven't seen those particular episodes, or they just want to read how far the story goes in this issue for themselves. Or, there have been people who have heard bad things about the One Piece anime dub, so they've decided to follow One Piece through the manga, which they haven't read before it appeared in Shonen Jump.

But anyway, I've read a few more...

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Speaking of which, this issue comes with an Embodiment of Apophis card- with the trap monster dude)-     Spoiler:

Hikaru no Go-     Spoiler:

EDIT: Also speaking of Hikaru no Go, on the color page of all the books being released in October, (the same books mentioned last issue), there is also a picture of a Hikaru no Go DVD that is "now available." I've never seen the DVD, but I just thought that was interesting to share.

EDIT 2: Man, I hope I didn't repeat anything Juputoru said.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 28th September 2005 at 1:20 AM.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast