Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoroark & Gengar (Future Uber tier?)

I've been using a Zoroark/Gengar combo, and it's not going to Ubers anytime soon. If fact, it's not even going there at all. Zoroark is fun to use, but 105 speed isn't good enough. The new Fighting and Flying trios, for example, outrun it. It falls to priority, too. Sure, it can hit scizor with flamethrower, but scizor would use Bullet punch on gengar too. Neither of them can really heart Chancy, even with focus blast, which, by the way, is inaccurate. Also, if you want a swords dance+suckerpunch, use absol, for much higher attack and super luck to stack on night slash.

This is not definitely not going to Ubers. In fact, it won't be able to scratch Ubers.
    If Team Preview didn't exist, Zoroark would be a lot more useful. The jig is pretty much up when the match starts and a smart opponent can easily tell which is the illusion once it attacks.
    People usually fall for it when I do it...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I've been using a Zoroark/Gengar combo, and it's not going to Ubers anytime soon. If fact, it's not even going there at all. Zoroark is fun to use, but 105 speed isn't good enough. The new Fighting and Flying trios, for example, outrun it. It falls to priority, too. Sure, it can hit scizor with flamethrower, but scizor would use Bullet punch on gengar too. Neither of them can really heart Chancy, even with focus blast, which, by the way, is inaccurate. Also, if you want a swords dance+suckerpunch, use absol, for much higher attack and super luck to stack on night slash.

This is not definitely not going to Ubers. In fact, it won't be able to scratch Ubers. People usually fall for it when I do it...
    Mostly on the first turn, but once they see Gengar using Dark Pulse or a Psychic attack not doing anything, it'll be obvious. Plus, the illusion only works till Zoroark gets hit, right?
    Edit: I suppose it can work if Zoroark uses a move Gengar also has like Focus Blast/Hidden Power.

Quote Originally Posted by ITG_321 View Post
    Mostly on the first turn, but once they see Gengar using Dark Pulse or a Psychic attack not doing anything, it'll be obvious. Plus, the illusion only works till Zoroark gets hit, right?
    But it also gives zoroark a chance to use Agility/Nasty Plot.

I'm still on the side that it shouldn't be Uber though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

It's pretty much a given it won't be Uber. Especially if it happens to be in an illusion of something which activates it's ability on sight --a dead giveaway.

Nothing's stopping the OP from using it in Ubers, just don't expect to get far. I'd rather use a Darkrai instead, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12