Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Default Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

On a lot of other threads there are questions about EV/IV training and other stuff like the wing's on the bridges in pokemon B/W. Well here can you discuss all this stuff. Just talk about your experience and what you are training right now. And of course all the Serebiiforums rules apply here as well.

Hope you have a great time discussing!

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

well.. im training Emboar and Chandelure in sp. attack and Defense and im training gigalith in attack, defense, speed, sp.attack and defense
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Are wings useful at ALL? They just seem like such a small boost...
    Current goal: Completing Unova pokedex!

I'm training my Salamence in attack and speed. With the moveset Dragon Dance Outrage Flamethrower and Erathquake.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    If you can collect 252 of them, they are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    well if you find and save enough then it will really add up the EVs

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    I'm training my Salamence in attack and speed. With the moveset Dragon Dance Outrage Flamethrower and Erathquake.
    thats what mine knows except outrage.

If you can collect 252 of them, they are worth it.
    152 will do. Just give the first 100 EVs in Vitamins.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

What's his other move Darumakka? :O

What's his other move Darumakka? :O
    crunch. hes adamant so he has some goos IVs in attack. hes also mischeivos

Ah mines jolly for cometitive battling purposes and I replaced my crunch with earthquake for better coverage in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    crunch. hes adamant so he has some goos IVs in attack. hes also mischeivos
    I know it's starting to get OP but why Crunch? Salamence with no STAB?

And just to note, natures doesn't mean it has good IVs for that stat. It could have a +ATK nature but it's ATK IVs could still be crap.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Kinda annoyed. I tryed making an ev training thread days ago, and it wasn't put through. If it wasn't up to par, they could have helped me make it better. But it wasn't much different then how this intro post is. Eh, just another thing that makes me not like this forum.

Anyway, I've been ev training while going through the main game. I kinda stopped progessing the story after I got access to the Driftveil Drawbridge. Want to focus the evs and max them up so I can use the pokemon I've been training. So far one is very well ev trained imo. I made sure I watched what evs it got. Others have some stray evs, but hopefully can still focus the rest they can get.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    I know it's starting to get OP but why Crunch? Salamence with no STAB?

And just to note, natures doesn't mean it has good IVs for that stat. It could have a +ATK nature but it's ATK IVs could still be crap.
    meh...the ones ive gotten have got some good ivs

Hi guys,
    I recently written up an EV Trainer written in PHP (for the Web), but so far the only feedback I've gotten has been from my little sister who's tried using it with her game.

Here's the link if anyone's interested in trialing it...
    http://llref.emutalk.net/projects/pokemonev/
    Just click on "Demo Version" and it will take you to the EV Trainer App.

Basically its meant to take away all the thinking involved with EV Training, ie you don't have to calculate how many points you get from a battle, etc.

One thing my sister pointed out to me however, is if you add one too many points (and you haven't hit "apply" recently) its a bit tricky to take back those points. I'm going to add a fix for that in the next version however I would like a bit more feedback first.

Another idea I had was to include a search filter for selecting your opponent so like you could specify by name or what stats they give points for in case you don't know already. But again it's more something I'll probably include in a future version after I get a bit of feedback...
    My Diamond (Lines): 1933 7843 2227

Pokemon-Based Projects
    Pokemon EV Trainer

And why is the max evs a pokemon can get 510 when only 508 would be the most you could get added points to stats with?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    And why is the max evs a pokemon can get 510 when only 508 would be the most you could get added points to stats with?
    They're still points (as far as I understand) that get counted towards your total, it's just they won't make up a whole stat point. I wrote it based on how serebii.net explains it.
    My Diamond (Lines): 1933 7843 2227

Pokemon-Based Projects
    Pokemon EV Trainer

It gives you a 2 point leeway in case you make a mistake on your count. At least that's why I'm thankful for that fact.

Huh? It takes four ev points as I understand it to even add a point to the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Huh? It takes four ev points as I understand it to even add a point to the stat.
    I mean, for example, you missed count and fought 253 Lillipups for ATK EVs, it's not the end of the world for your EV build yet, unlike if the EV limit is 508.

You can also decrease your pokes to UT status using berries if you messed up.

I was actually replying to Low Lines.

But there were ev reducing berries. Whether they'll be available for Black and White isn't known as far as I know. They are very helpful.

You can also decrease your pokes to UT status using berries if you messed up.
    well it will be hard to get them without the dreamworld thing

True, but those are not available yet. And since it also decreases to 100 when used for EVs over 100, then getting those 152 is a pain just for one stray point. That's why I am thankful for the additional 2 leeway.

You could always train previous gen pokemon on the other games and then trade them over. That's been working for me since I can EV train more efficiently and with the berries. I got my Bagon from a breeder with near perfect IVs and it now is sheerly beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    True, but those are not available yet. And since it also decreases to 100 when used for EVs over 100, then getting those 152 is a pain just for one stray point. That's why I am thankful for the additional 2 leeway.
    yepp. me too

You could always train previous gen pokemon on the other games and then trade them over. That's been working for me since I can EV train more efficiently and with the berries. I got my Bagon from a breeder with near perfect IVs and it now is sheerly beastly.

wow 0.o i need a strong salamence!

Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast