Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Not too hard, I don't think. My IVs are 31,31,28,27,31

Ivs I'm unsure about.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

What part are you unsure about Frankie?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    I was actually replying to Low Lines.

But there were ev reducing berries. Whether they'll be available for Black and White isn't known as far as I know. They are very helpful.
    Unless old Pokemon have had some of their EV Earning Points changed in Black and White, you should still be able to use my app on older games...you'd just have to wary of what mechanics were available in those games For instance I think the Power items effects were only introduced in HG/SS?
    My Diamond (Lines): 1933 7843 2227

Pokemon-Based Projects
    Pokemon EV Trainer

Well I feel I understand evs well, but not the case with ivs. I just haven't spent time figuring them out, so basically I'm unsure about everything about them.

I guess I know that they're the initial values of a pokemon? If that's correct, that's all I know I think about them.

Yeah they are and they are random with a random encounter. I don't know if a pokemon can have a 0 IV but I believe so and 31 is the highest. Based on the IVs, a pokemons stats can greatly vary and you can pass IV's on with certain items in breeding but you can only pass down 1 IV per parent or 1 IV total. I am unsure on that. Pro breeders breed with a flawless (all 31 IV) ditto and then you can pass down a perfect in whichever stat you want and it also passes down 2 random IVs so you're guranteed 3 perfect IVs if breeding with 2 perfect parents and possibly just get lucky with the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    Yeah they are and they are random with a random encounter. I don't know if a pokemon can have a 0 IV but I believe so and 31 is the highest. Based on the IVs, a pokemons stats can greatly vary and you can pass IV's on with certain items in breeding but you can only pass down 1 IV per parent or 1 IV total. I am unsure on that. Pro breeders breed with a flawless (all 31 IV) ditto and then you can pass down a perfect in whichever stat you want and it also passes down 2 random IVs so you're guranteed 3 perfect IVs if breeding with 2 perfect parents and possibly just get lucky with the other 3.
    Full IV Dittos?? I'm taking forever just getting my full set of Ditto Natures (4 to go at this point) let alone ones with max iv >_<

Pokemon-Based Projects
    Pokemon EV Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Low Lines View Post
    Full IV Dittos?? I'm taking forever just getting my full set of Ditto Natures (4 to go at this point) let alone ones with max iv >_<
    Yeah lol! and some people kill for flawless Japanese dittos because they increase the chance for shinies too! But a flawless ditto is very coveted regardless!

I beat the game with regular pokemon before I started to EV trained them. I've got two special sweepers, Hydreigon and Zoroark, and a physical sweeper, Cloyster. Working on a Wall/Physical Sweeper hybrid for Rypherion or maybe Escavalier. Not too sure.

Pokedex is almost complete...

And probably non-legit >_< I mean it wouldn't be hard to create one and send it through that GTS exploit, but where's the fun in that?

[edit]

This is at Ditto thing...

Pokemon-Based Projects
    Pokemon EV Trainer

I want to get my swampert on but I can't find someone to breed me a stealth rock relaxed mudkip.

I have one from the US but no japanese ditto for me.

I starting IV and EV training with my Soul Silver and become a pro like that - plus it was easier to do IV breeding in SS and HG. It's so time consuming though. It took me like two days to IV breed sometimes. Plus you have to check and make sure. Then I would start EV training. Now that only took about an hour so Ev training is the easy part.

I'm not sure if I'll ev and iv train in my White yet. I'll see how I feel about it.

For my SS I had all the power items. I had 6 ditto's each with a 31 IV in a different stat (one had three) and good natures (like an adamant ditto with 31iv in attack). Then I had the pokerus. So EV training was easy like I said...it's the breeding that kills ya.
    "Your future is not ahead of you."

I EV trained a Litwick, Pansage, and Panpour on my Black for the first time nearly two weeks ago. I used Pokerus and a Macho Brace to speed up the process, since I can't afford to go get the power items yet. It actually didn't take as long as I was expecting it to.

I just wish that this game came with a counter app on the touch screen like the Poketch in DPPt did. That thing made EV training so much easier, because you could easily keep track of your EVs. On Black, I kept worrying that I wasn`t keeping track of my EVs properly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I EV trained a Litwick, Pansage, and Panpour on my Black for the first time nearly two weeks ago. I used Pokerus and a Macho Brace to speed up the process, since I can't afford to go get the power items yet. It actually didn't take as long as I was expecting it to.

I just wish that this game came with a counter app on the touch screen like the Poketch in DPPt did. That thing made EV training so much easier, because you could easily keep track of your EVs. On Black, I kept worrying that I wasn`t keeping track of my EVs properly. :/
    Post-it notes and a pencil. I made it my mission to get the power lens and anklet asap. 10 evs for one basculin/litwick is too good to pass up. (with pokerus obviously)
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    Are wings useful at ALL? They just seem like such a small boost...
    I find wings to be extremely useful to find your way out when you lost count on the EV.

Like if you are pretty sure you have 252, but then you can put more than 3 wings... it mean you messed up on counting.

black FC: 0432 7708 4935
    black 2 FC: 4213 1907 4532

Feel free to pm for trade evolve etc, I will be around pretty often.
        Spoiler:- People I have traded/evolved with:

Yep, it's how I know the pokemon I finished ev training in my white got the evs I wanted it to have and is maxed out.

Exclamation Zoroark

Anyone know any good Attack lits and items for Zoroark
    Heres what i got so far

Zoroark nickname:Mi Ma (watch the movie)
    Attacks: Night Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and final move is a WIP but im thinking nasty plot or arial ace (if i deside to breed ill get extrasensory maby even Uturn)
    Nature: Gental(i know terrible im breeding later)
    Item:BrightPowder/Life Orb/Choice Scarf

Just found out that all the ev's for the first 15 levels of the game are attack,

Since BOTH of my starters in the games are special base, they got screwed over.

My Serperior is Timid and STILL has an attack higher than it's special. He's got 255 attack EV's because of the time I spent grind leveling at the beggining.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    Just found out that all the ev's for the first 15 levels of the game are attack,

Since BOTH of my starters in the games are special base, they got screwed over.

My Serperior is Timid and STILL has an attack higher than it's special. He's got 255 attack EV's because of the time I spent grind leveling at the beggining.
    Sucks, bro.
    I personally like Serperior's physical side better. :/
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

Yeah, Serperior's not half-bad on the physical side. You get Coil Around and Swords Dance and more attack options (although not by much, Serperior's movepool is pitiful). Most of your special options are Grass type and the odd Normal types.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Yeah, Serperior's not half-bad on the physical side. You get Coil Around and Swords Dance and more attack options (although not by much, Serperior's movepool is pitiful). Most of your special options are Grass type and the odd Normal types.
    It does get the excellent Leaf Blade though, and it can learn Dragon Tail via TM (an excellent move btw).

While physical is probably better sans Perversity (Or whatever it's called now), I always liked Giga Drain with Leech seed and substitute.

I have a question about EV training, the power items, what exactly will they do..

For example if I have a Power Weight on, and I fight a pokemon with 2 defence EVs do I get 4 HP and 2 Defence?
    And also if I have a pokemon holding the power weight, and I have them in the front of the party and swap them out and kill it with another pokemon does the original still get the 4 HP EVs and the normal EVs of the pokemon?

Also Hydrogen, is that my Bagon you were on about before? :P
    Diamond FC: 4555-2423-5128
    Soul Silver FC: 1806-4856-7880

Egg move pokemon:

Vulpix: Ember/Energy Ball
    Remoraid: Water Gun/Water Spout/Rest/Ice Beam

Nope, it gives 4 Speed EVs per battle. For example, with Power Anklet equipped:

Blitzle yields 1 Speed EV (Natural) + 4 Speed EVs = 5 Speed EVs
    Lillipup yields 1 Attack EV (Natural) + 4 Speed EVs = 1 Attack EV and 4 Speed EVs

These results is doubled by Pokérus:

Blitzle with Pokérus yields 2 Speed EVs (Natural) + 8 Speed EVs = 10 Speed EVs
    Lillipup with Pokérus yields 2 Attack EVs (Natural) + 8 Speed EVs = 2 Attack EVs and 8 Speed EVs

If you want to get 4x the EV from fighting a target Pokémon, your Pokémon must have Pokérus and Macho Brace equipped. But usually this is less efficient compared to a Pokérus and Power [Item].
    I forgot to answer, no, only the Pokémon equipped with the Macho Brace or Power [Item] will get their bonus (2x or +4 [stat] EVs, respectively). If another Pokémon with no EV boosting item comes in, they will only get the "Natural" EVs obtainable from the target Pokémon. This goes for Pokémon with EXP. Share as well.
    And yes, the Pokémon who is holding the EV bonus item and received EXP from the battle, even if he/she/it didn't finish the battle, they'll get the "Natural" EV as well as the Bonus/Equipment EV.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast