Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    I have a question about the EV reducing berries. I know that it would take a max of 11 to completely wipe the EV's in a single stat, but is there a maximum of how many total I can use on a pokemon? I've never tried resetting EV's, so I don't know if or when the berries will "not have any effect" as the games say, - Is it based on the EV's, happiness, or can you use unlimited berries on them?
    as far as i know you only get the "not have any effect" on a pokemon that does not have any EVs in that stat. so if u have 0 EVs then using a berry will give u that "not have any effect" message.

likewise if u have maxed EVs and u try to use a protein/wing on a pokemon to increase EVs then u will also get that message.
    Last edited by Ballistixz; 25th April 2011 at 4:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistixz View Post
    as far as i know you only get the "not have any effect" on a pokemon that does not have any EVs in that stat. so if u have 0 EVs then using a berry will give u that "not have any effect" message.

likewise if u have maxed EVs and u try to use a protein/wing on a pokemon to increase EVs then u will also get that message.
    Ok cool. I am planning on EV training some story trained pokemon, meaning I have no idea how many EV's they have where. Good to know I can clear them all out without limiting on the berries.

Sorry if this has been covered, but searching the thread didn't get me an answer.

On the EV training page here at serebii it says that using a -EV berry on a pokemon that has >100 EVs in that stat will drop it down to 100, and after that it's -10 each time. However, googling has come up with other sites that are claiming that's been changed in B/W so that the berries will be a -10 every time. Is there any evidence either way?

I'm pretty sure I messed up my EV training on a pokemon and working on growing a stockpile of berries on DW but I wanted to know how many I need to transfer over once I get them all grown.

I'm planning on using a Tyranitar, so I'm just going to catch a Pupitar on Route 15. My question is, if a wild Pokemon is high-leveled, would it already of been EV trained? Because I don't want to have it's EVs scattered.

Quote Originally Posted by TehLulzMastur View Post
    I'm planning on using a Tyranitar, so I'm just going to catch a Pupitar on Route 15. My question is, if a wild Pokemon is high-leveled, would it already of been EV trained? Because I don't want to have it's EVs scattered.
    Wild Pokemon don't have any EVs.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEsper View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered, but searching the thread didn't get me an answer.

On the EV training page here at serebii it says that using a -EV berry on a pokemon that has >100 EVs in that stat will drop it down to 100, and after that it's -10 each time. However, googling has come up with other sites that are claiming that's been changed in B/W so that the berries will be a -10 every time. Is there any evidence either way?

I'm pretty sure I messed up my EV training on a pokemon and working on growing a stockpile of berries on DW but I wanted to know how many I need to transfer over once I get them all grown.
    Use pokecheck.kraftpaper.org , it lets you use the GTS to check all of a Pokemon's stats, including IVs/EVs. That way, any below 100(or at 100), you'll know how many you need for sure, if there is any over 100, send 11(what you would normally need) and then pokecheck again to see if it is 0 or if you still need more, which would prove that it changed.
    Shiny Hunt:
    (RE/April 9) (RNGMay 6) (Future RNG)
    (Future RNG) (MMing) (Future MM)
    (Future RNG Egg) (Future RNG Egg)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    Use pokecheck.kraftpaper.org , it lets you use the GTS to check all of a Pokemon's stats, including IVs/EVs. That way, any below 100(or at 100), you'll know how many you need for sure, if there is any over 100, send 11(what you would normally need) and then pokecheck again to see if it is 0 or if you still need more, which would prove that it changed.
    Oh wow that's really cool. Thanks for the tip, turns out I didn't mess up as badly as I thought, whew.

I am breeding one growlithe w 31 Atk and one w 31 sp.a, each with the proper power items to pass the traits down but when i go to calculate their ivs on the calculator they dont come up as 31.. what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lickmypokeballs View Post
    I am breeding one growlithe w 31 Atk and one w 31 sp.a, each with the proper power items to pass the traits down but when i go to calculate their ivs on the calculator they dont come up as 31.. what is the problem?
    hmmm...are you sure both the parents are perfect in the stat? I mean you shouldn't need to use the calculator just the iv guy at battle subway.
    M096ZPX2

okay now my question what moveset and IV's should I use for my hasty dw bulbasaur? It has perfect iv's in attack and speed and everything else is average I think.
    M096ZPX2

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    Can someone confirm that this actually works?
    Currently:- Offline {Assist Trading Evolutions}

Pokemon Black Completion (start to credits) 13 hours 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by jirachiuser1 View Post
    252 252 252 isnt possible.
    Whoops,right you are. Typo.
    I have for trade

UT Adamant Magikarps with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Modest Larvesta with perfect SpA IVs
    UT Jolly Axews with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Relaxed Pinecos with perfect Defence IVs

ALL LEGIT!!

Looking for good bulky/annoyer/lead pokemon.
    Im open to suggestions so just PM me if you wanna trade and you got something good to offer.
    NO HACKS!!! Please.

I f**king love Cloyster

Quote Originally Posted by lickmypokeballs View Post
    You can only pass one IV with a Power Item. Others will have to be randomly selected.

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    You can only pass one IV with a Power Item. Others will have to be randomly selected.
    I thought you could pass 2 down, one from each parent?
    Currently:- Offline {Assist Trading Evolutions}

Pokemon Black Completion (start to credits) 13 hours 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Torni View Post
    Can someone confirm that this actually works?
    I know I'm the one that first posted, but it does work. It even seems to link up the rest of the DNS properly, so Dreamworld/etc still works on that DNS, it's just GTS it changes. It always fails to deposit like it says, so you never lose your pokemon, and all you have to do is click the Pokemon's image when you visit the site after "depositing" and you get a full page with all the details.

I've even tested the 4th-5th gen transfer and it works, though I suggest you don't use it, as it is kinda buggy(it's probably because my Platinum shares my name, but it makes my game think I traded with myself, I'm on my own trade pal list on GL)

Quote Originally Posted by Torni View Post
    I thought you could pass 2 down, one from each parent?
    Nope. It will randomly choose one of the 2 items, apply it, then randomly choose the rest of the stats like normal. You can, however, use an everstone and power item together.
    Shiny Hunt:
    (RE/April 9) (RNGMay 6) (Future RNG)
    (Future RNG) (MMing) (Future MM)
    (Future RNG Egg) (Future RNG Egg)

Where's a good place for EV training in HP?

Also I must mention how lucky I am with Attack EV training. The 6 trainers I have in my Black City have Victreebel, Nidoking, Shiftry, Machamp, Luxray, and Flygon. 5 out of 6 of them give 3 Attack EVs. Yeah they can only be battled once a day but it's still good; grinding those weak Patrats and Lillipups gets tiring sometimes.

Oh, just realised 4/6 of Cheren's Pokes give 3 Attack EVs too (he has Emboar in my game).
    Last edited by Chimecho3000; 26th April 2011 at 5:28 AM.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Hey guys i have a question about ev training...im currently trying to train my shinies in black to be ev trained with there best fields for example special attack...now the question is some of these shinies are transfered from platinum into black?...why are my 5th gen's gaining evs without leveling up but my transfers accumulate the evs at the end when they level up?...i just find that weird...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post

Also I must mention how lucky I am with Attack EV training. The 6 trainers I have in my Black City have Victreebel, Nidoking, Shiftry, Machamp, Luxray, and Flygon. 5 out of 6 of them give 3 Attack EVs. Yeah they can only be battled once a day but it's still good; grinding those weak Patrats and Lillipups gets tiring sometimes.
    I'm not sure if it's the "best" method, but routes 1-3 have Audino and only Audino in the shaking grass. Use repels so you only get into fights in the shaking grass, and you'll be up to your ears in HP ev Audinos. I think the Ducklett that appear in the shadows on Driftveil Drawbridge also give HP (plus, you can gather EV wings in the process!).

Oh, just realised 4/6 of Cheren's Pokes give 3 Attack EVs too (he has Emboar in my game).
    The surf spots in Iccirus city give 100% stunfisk (derpfish). They give 2 HP EV's each.
    FINE. I'LL MAKE A SIGNATURE

My White team:
    Reserves:

I claimed Plusle. I don't know what claiming it does, but I claimed it.

A +6 Att 10th round metronome Helping-Hand boosted Max Attack Victini V-Generate vs. a -6 Def Min. Defense min. HP Paras in Sun does 135516-159432 damage, or 75286.7%-88573.3%

Thanks guys. Stunfisk seems like the best option. I can't check right now, but isn't Stunfisk 100% in normal surfing?
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Thanks guys. Stunfisk seems like the best option. I can't check right now, but isn't Stunfisk 100% in normal surfing?
    Yes, Stunfisk has a 100% appearance rate when you Surf in Icirrus City.

By the way, right at the bottom of this page is a list of handy EV-training spots. (:

So Normally, I don't post my current Training for Pokemon, but I just wanted to get an opinion on a few things. Currently I am trying to train 3 different Scrafty. This is because I want to essentially be able to fit him into multiple teams and situations. So here are the builds for the Scraftys feel free to voice an opinion.

1) Relaxed Nature Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 in HP, 252 in Attack, 4 Defense
    Moves: Substitute, Focus Punch, Stone Edge, Crunch/Payback/Dragon Tail/Dragon Claw

2) Adamant Nature Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Def
    Moves: Dragon Dance/Bulk Up, High Jump Kick, Stone Edge/Thunder Punch, Dragon Claw/Head Smash/Crunch

3) Careful Nature Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Defense, 252, Sp Def, 4 Attack
    Moves: Substitute, Drain Punch, Stone Edge, Crunch/Dragon Claw

Please only constructive opinions. Just don't say the suck. Give opinions and comments that can help. This is to also help other people who can't figure out what to do with their pokemon in building them.
    Last edited by Dark_Leo; 27th April 2011 at 1:33 AM.
    I Command the presence of Darkness to defeat my opponents.

Without any investment in Attack, I think the last set isn't going to do much damage without a boosting move. I'd put Bulk Up on the set. You could also try Dragon Tail, good on a team with entry hazards and something Scrafty has that Conkeldurr - who would otherwise I think largely outclass Bulk Up Scrafty - doesn't.

First one I assume is meant to be used under Trick Room.

I'm guessing the egg trick where you could save and always get the same ability / nature, but the IVs would change is gone now. I tried it several times, but it didn't work.

What is the best way to check the IVs of a pokemon, other than using the Battle Subway.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

hmm, what is the best EV layout for a haxorus with a Jolly nature?

and likewise wats the best EV layout for a haxorus with adament nature?

if its jolly should i go for 252 speed and 252 atk just so it can be hella fast or 252 atk and 252 HP for bulk? same thing with adament, speed or bulk?

and which nature is considered better, adamant or jolly?

Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast