Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    can anybody tell me wat is the best spread for a competative metagross please?

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    An offensive Metagross runs Max Attack and if it's using Agility, max speed.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  3. #1453
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    i was thinking an offencive wall.
    252 sp def, 134 def, 124 attack
    nature careful, sp def up - sp attack down
    and a sp def characteristic

    does that sound ok?

  4. #1454
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devwear2 View Post
    i was thinking an offencive wall.
    252 sp def, 134 def, 124 attack
    nature careful, sp def up - sp attack down
    and a sp def characteristic

    does that sound ok?
    does this sound gud for a metagross?

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devwear2 View Post
    i was thinking an offencive wall.
    252 sp def, 134 def, 124 attack
    nature careful, sp def up - sp attack down
    and a sp def characteristic

    does that sound ok?
    Unfortunately, 134 can't be divided by four, so Defense's EVs should be 132.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    So I have these planned EVs for a Drapion. It may be a tank or wall.

    Drapion
    252Def/252Atk/4 ???
    How's that?
    i need this to be checked.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  6. #1456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    So I have these planned EVs for a Drapion. It may be a tank or wall.

    Drapion
    252Def/252Atk/4 ???
    How's that?
    You'll definitely want to invest EVs in Special Defense. This calculator (perhaps it should be added to the first post) suggests 252 HP/36 Def./220 Sp. Def. 252 HP/156 Def./102 Sp. Def. is also useful. Set up a Substitute and Acupressure away.

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    You'll definitely want to invest EVs in Special Defense. This calculator (perhaps it should be added to the first post) suggests 252 HP/36 Def./220 Sp. Def. 252 HP/156 Def./102 Sp. Def. is also useful. Set up a Substitute and Acupressure away.
    I've decided Drapion should be a physical tank, not physical wall.
    Wjat would you recomend for a tank Drapion?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Iv been thinking of a bulky volcarona set with 4 Ev def 252 in sp def and hp calm nature moves heat wave quiver dance for sp def boost willow wisp for offensive threats and morning sun item leftovers is this a viable set?

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    I'm setting up to EV Train my Tepig (who one day aspires to become and Emboar), but I don't know what EVs to put into him.

    I plan on running either a Bulk Up or a Flame charge set, with Wild charge, hammer arm and Flare Blitz as his other three moves.

    I'm sure attack should be maxed out, but I don't know if I should max out speed, or split it between speed and hp. Suggestions?

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  10. #1460

    Default

    I EV trained my flawless Dream World Poliwag today, maxing out its Special Attack and Speed. I put the leftover EVs in HP. I then evolved it all the way to Politoed, so I can use it in the Battle Subway.

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    Are wings useful at ALL? They just seem like such a small boost...
    Collect wings while you wait for an egg to hatch. Especially if you are trying to get the correct nature for whatever pokemon. Even with the Everstone given to my adamant ditto, it took 3-4 tries to finally pop open an adamant Beldum and the whole time, I was walking back and forth looking for wings. I managed to pick up 25+ of each type of wing not including the pretty wing. That on top of the vitamins, and the power items, it makes EV training much less time consuming.

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    543

    Default

    I'm almost finished EV training my Battle Subway team as well as having IV bred them. They all have three 31's, and the rest are 17+ (Even non essential skills) so hopefully I'll do pretty well .

    Working on Scizors 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp spread.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

    Working on a new Singles team for Y:

    Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Should I evolve my Axew?

    I have a male Axew at lv 48 and I'm training for the elite four (I don't regularly play pokemon white so I'm a little slow in the game). I'm deciding on whether of not I should evolve my Axew. It's pretty strong and its cute. But It's all about being strong, so should I evolve it?

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    505

    Default

    I'm training my gyarados in Sp.Attack and he has non-contagious pokerus and holding a power lens, and i made him battle 25 litwicks under these conditions. when he passes to the next level (41), how many IVs is he gonna gain?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    I'm training my gyarados in Sp.Attack and he has non-contagious pokerus and holding a power lens, and i made him battle 25 litwicks under these conditions. when he passes to the next level (41), how many IVs is he gonna gain?
    umm...why are you training a Gyrados in SpA? Gyrados is not meant to be a special attacker. It has terrible SpA.

    Also Pokemon don't gain IVs. IVs are set when you first get the Pokemon and they never change. I think you meant to ask how many stat points it will gain when it levels up. I can tell you it won't be a lot. In B/W your stats are recalculated after every battle to factor in the EVs so you won't see any huge increases when you level up but the EVs are always being applied.

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Zild
    Posts
    936

    Default

    My Battle Subway team is looking real good.

    I've EV trained a Jellicent with 252 SpDef and 252 HP. Jellicent has won so many battles. It Will 'o Wisp's a Pokémon so it can take hits from both ways and stalls them with Recover, Hydro Pump and Hex.

    My second member is Mienshao. He was trained with 252 Att/252 Spe. With a combination of Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick, Rock Slide and U-turn it works as a fantastic lead.

    My final member is Hydreigon. I haven't trained one yet because I'm not sure on the spread. I'm thinking 252 SpAtt and 252 Spe. At the moment I'm just using a Sawsbuck from my in-game team.

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    I'm training my gyarados in Sp.Attack and he has non-contagious pokerus and holding a power lens, and i made him battle 25 litwicks under these conditions. when he passes to the next level (41), how many IVs is he gonna gain?
    To be specific, your Gyarados has 250 SPA EVs. Take off the Power Lens and beat one more to max out his Special Attack EVs, if you wish.

    ~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida, US
    Posts
    81

    Default

    lol but if you gave Gyarados good attck and special defense training then it would be solid. i guess people have there own way of doing things.
    My White FC : 1077 0675 0836

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States of America PA
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusGear View Post
    I have a male Axew at lv 48 and I'm training for the elite four (I don't regularly play pokemon white so I'm a little slow in the game). I'm deciding on whether of not I should evolve my Axew. It's pretty strong and its cute. But It's all about being strong, so should I evolve it?
    you could use it for non evolved battles but for more competitive battles evolve it your choice
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:


    Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

    Pm or VM me for a Trade.

    Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hey guys, noob here. I'm EV training my cryogonal in defense with a power belt. I have been killing off a bunch of swadloons and venipedes and such in pinwheel forest. The defense stat had started to rise but then it just stopped and wont go up and when it levels up, defense goes up like normal. I started ev training it at level 40, now its level 47 (most experience comes from Exp. Share Elite four, 2 levels I say go to sole ev training). Its got Naive nature with somewhat of a clown characteristic. I want it to be a fast special attacker but I want it to have some sort of defense instead of using continuous acid armors. Any suggestion? Why is defense not moving?

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjackmaka View Post
    Hey guys, noob here. I'm EV training my cryogonal in defense with a power belt. I have been killing off a bunch of swadloons and venipedes and such in pinwheel forest. The defense stat had started to rise but then it just stopped and wont go up and when it levels up, defense goes up like normal. I started ev training it at level 40, now its level 47 (most experience comes from Exp. Share Elite four, 2 levels I say go to sole ev training). Its got Naive nature with somewhat of a clown characteristic. I want it to be a fast special attacker but I want it to have some sort of defense instead of using continuous acid armors. Any suggestion? Why is defense not moving?
    In B/W stats are recalculated after each battle (not when you level up) to factor in any EV gain so generally you won't see huge stat increases when you level up.

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    In B/W stats are recalculated after each battle (not when you level up) to factor in any EV gain so generally you won't see huge stat increases when you level up.
    No, I'm not even seeing stat increases after each battle. Nothing changes except experience.
    Its spread is
    HP 134, Attack 65, Defense: 65, Sp Attack: 112, Sp. Defense: 119, Speed: 129. Lv.47, Naive Nature, Somewhat of a clown characteristic.

    The stats stay the same no matter how many swadloons I defeat and wont change until it levels up.
    Last edited by Flapjackmaka; 7th September 2011 at 2:50 AM.

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjackmaka View Post
    No, I'm not even seeing stat increases after each battle. Nothing changes except experience.
    Are you sure it's not full? You can only get up to 255 EVs in any single stat (though only 252 of these will count because the gain is divided by 4). If you already reached the max, you won't be able to gain in that stat anymore (though you can train other stats until you hit the overall max of 510).

  24. #1474

    Default

    I just have finished EV training my gliscor
    know i have to EV train a defensive amd offensive poliwag
    As my friend give me.a vulpix, ill start training it
    then i have other more but never restarted and domt have the time to traim it atm
    No.

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Are you sure it's not full? You can only get up to 255 EVs in any single stat (though only 252 of these will count because the gain is divided by 4). If you already reached the max, you won't be able to gain in that stat anymore (though you can train other stats until you hit the overall max of 510).
    Pretty Sure. Defense will probably just increase by 2 like its always had when it levels up. THe lady in Opelucid city said that it can still be trainded a little harder so I know I did not hit the 510 limit. I dont know how to calculate the 252 though.

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •