Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flapjackmaka View Post
    Pretty Sure. Defense will probably just increase by 2 like its always had when it levels up. THe lady in Opelucid city said that it can still be trainded a little harder so I know I did not hit the 510 limit. I dont know how to calculate the 252 though.
    She only tells you when the max total has been reached. You stop earning for a stat once it hits max, so if you've only been training in one stat you can max it out and she'll still tell you it can gain more (because it can, just in other areas).

The best method is to keep track from the beginning of EV training - count each battle (modified by the amount it gives, items, etc) and keep a running total as you go. That way, you know when one stat is done and you can move onto another.

If you haven't kept track, there are two options:
    You could use EV reducing berries from the Dream World to reset the EVs and start over. This might seem like taking two steps forward and one step back, as you'll have to re-earn what you already put into it, but at least you'll know when you hit your goal.

The other method is to train it in whatever other stat(s) you want to focus on (keeping track this time). Once done (meaning completely full in the other areas you want to work on), return to talk to the woman in Opelucid again. If you reached the max for Defense, she'll tell you that you can't gain more. If you have room, she'll let you know that there's still space.
    Last edited by Ememew; 7th September 2011 at 3:18 AM.

How do I calculate if I reached max in defense though?

Quote Originally Posted by Flapjackmaka View Post
    How do I calculate if I reached max in defense though?
    You can't calculate just the Defense EVs by themselves unless you also know what IV it has in defense.

What you can do is either:

Use EV reducing berries to reset the stat and re-earn the EVs while keeping track.

Or:

Train the other stats you're interested in until you would reach 510 overall (do so with the assumption that 252/255 was earned in Defense while you weren't keeping count. In other words, earn 255 more EVs altogether in stats other than the one you're curious about: Defense). Once done, talk to the woman in Opelucid again. If she says it's full, that means you maxed Defense the first time. If she says it can still put in more effort, it can earn more Defense. In the case of the latter, just keep checking back until she says it can't earn any more points.

EDIT: Note that the second method only works when you know you've earned EVs in one stat and one stat only (Defense, in this case) prior to moving onto the other stats, and has the potential of leaving you with "unused" EVs: the points beyond 252 that don't add to a stat anymore if you go all the way to 255 that could have otherwise been put elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ememew; 7th September 2011 at 3:32 AM.

When an egg hatches does that mean everything starts at 0 then? Sorry for the questions I'm new to this. Is this a very good guide to this stuff. I hear it's different in B/W then previous gens

Reuniclus has always bewildered me in Random Matchups, as most teams I face in RM have a Reuniclus in them. Also Reuniclus is OU. So I'd like to know what is a good EV set for a general Reuniclus.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Reuniclus has always bewildered me in Random Matchups, as most teams I face in RM have a Reuniclus in them. Also Reuniclus is OU. So I'd like to know what is a good EV set for a general Reuniclus.
    Reuniclus.

Yay finally finished eving my shiny beldum it only took a while because i forgot to put pokerus on it :/

Hi guys! Very new here and still learning about the more intricate aspects of the game. I've been playing since Red/Blue but was always focused on collecting and completing the story for fun, so things like shiny hunting and EV/IVs are still new for me.

I've recently hatched a Bold, shiny Feebas which I want to make a badass Milotic if I can, but the subway guy tells me he's only decent with his best stat being a very good defense- not so hot from what I understand. I don't play competitively and don't even really battle that much but I wanted to EV train him to be my go-to water poke for my permanent team because he's so pretty- do you think it is worth it to go to the trouble of EV training if his base stats are so subpar or should he just be for show? Thanks!

EVing my zorua! Then my Larvesta

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

So, I'm wanting to have a Luxray on my team in Black. However, there are really no EV sets floating around for a Luxray? Does anyone have a decent one? I know I want to put Wild Charge and Crunch onto it, but other than that I don't know..

Luxray is a terribad Pokemon, hence why nobody has tried to find ways to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    If you can collect 252 of them, they are worth it.
    actually, given i get 10-12 ev's a pokemon, its probably faster to train them than go through the bag using 252 feathers lol(though B/W finally introduced the continuous use option.)

I want a tyranitar before my garchomp to try and get some of that hax to swing my way in super singles.(first time using a pseudo legendary in garchomp, now they may end up comprising my entire team of 3. i feel dirty )

anyways, i wanna go the choice band set. but my max speed IV ditto, and the fact i only own the spd/atk power items, make it so much easier to do a scarf set. ive never used choice scarf before. i'm contemplating how effective it would against battle subway AI. First i thought it wouldn't be worth it, but then i saw the speed tiers list, and it would be nice to beat a fair chunk of them. i probably will. now i just need a jolly tyranitar. (im gonna take the first one i get, ceebs with IV's.)

my garchomp should have been jolly to, but adamant came first. too lazy i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyHoundour View Post
    So, I'm wanting to have a Luxray on my team in Black. However, there are really no EV sets floating around for a Luxray? Does anyone have a decent one? I know I want to put Wild Charge and Crunch onto it, but other than that I don't know..
    I really like Luxray. try using a set like this:
    Luxray@Life Orb/Choice Band
    Crunch
    Wild Charge
    Ice Fang
    Superpower/Return.
    Nature:Jolly/Adamant
    EV's:252attck/252speed.
    I'm EVing my Deino, Sazandora in sepcial attack right now. I hope I helped! =)
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Mostly, B/W has been the EASIEST to train in...... chandelure in spd and sp attack...... and lets just say a ton of others

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Want a clan? Check out my amazing clan "Forbidden Empires" (click image below for link)

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Credits to me for the FE leader UB.

Working on some replacements for my battle subway team...

Currently EV training Starmie with 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 6 Hp

and

Currently IV breeding a Lucario which I'll then EV train with 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 Hp
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

Im trying to train my Kyurem to LV 100, but I am pretty excited because I recently caught Cobalion, and I am really trying to train him to a level as high as possible. In fact, hes currently also has a lucky egg and he gets any rare candies I find.

Do focus sash and macho brace have any effect or anything at all to do with EV training?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Do focus sash and macho brace have any effect or anything at all to do with EV training?
    Focus Sash, no. Macho Brace will double your EVs.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Macho Brace will double your EVs.
    So, can it be said that if a pokemon with pokerus and battling litwicks while holding a macho brace, would gain the same amount of EVs in Sp. Attack, as if it were holding a power lens?

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

So, can it be said that if a pokemon with pokerus and battling litwicks while holding a macho brace, would gain the same amount of EVs in Sp. Attack, as if it were holding a power lens?
    4 EVs with Macho Brace and Pokerus
    5 EVs with just a power item.

Credit to zhanton

No. The Macho Brace would double the one Special Attack EV gained from Litwick, and then Pokérus would double it again, giving a total of four EVs. The Power Lens would add four Special Attack EVs to the one obtained from Litwick, equaling five, which is doubled from Pokérus, totaling ten.

Thanks, Larry and SpeedSuicune, just a few more things: Does a wild pokemon only give an EV or + for just one stat or can it give one EV or + for more than one stat? Case yes, who are those pokemon?

Thanks, Larry and SpeedSuicune, just a few more things: Does a wild pokemon only give an EV or + for just one stat or can it give one EV or + for more than one stat? Case yes, who are those pokemon?
    What do you mean by +?

HP
    Attack
    Defense
    Speed
    Special Attack
    Special Defense
    Last edited by Larry; 18th September 2011 at 1:41 AM.

Credit to zhanton

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    + = more ^_^'

+ = more ^_^'
    Then to answer your question some Pokemon do give EVs in more than one stat.

Credit to zhanton

Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast