Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Training my Joltik around Cold Storage/Chargestone Cave/Driftveil City area, any good suggestions for Sp Attack and Speed EVs?

I'd recommend the Cold Storage, since both Vanillite, who gives 1 Special Attack EV, and Minccino, who gives 1 Speed EV, can be encountered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I hate when my PP gets messed up when I'm trying to count it.
    This. How the **** does lv 26 litwik survive a latios's zen headbut?

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Im training a Drizzle Politoed for VGC, 200 Special Attack EVs to go, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I'd recommend the Cold Storage, since both Vanillite, who gives 1 Special Attack EV, and Minccino, who gives 1 Speed EV, can be encountered there.
    Alright, thanks. I suppose the Elgyem at the Celestial Tower would be a good option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietaar View Post
    Alright, thanks. I suppose the Elgyem at the Celestial Tower would be a good option too.
    If you have access to the Celestial Tower, then yes, go ahead and train there. All you can encounter are Litwick and Elgyem, and both of those give 1 Special Attack EV each.

Since it appears you're able to visit other areas, note that Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs and can be encountered by using Surf on Route 1, 3 and 6, among other places.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    If you have access to the Celestial Tower, then yes, go ahead and train there. All you can encounter are Litwick and Elgyem, and both of those give 1 Special Attack EV each.

Since it appears you're able to visit other areas, note that Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs and can be encountered by using Surf on Route 1, 3 and 6, among other places.
    Nah I don't have access to Celestial Tower yet, working my way through Chargestone Cave at the moment. But thanks for the tip on Basculin, didn't know that.

I screwed up while EV-training big-time (doesn't affect the pokemon though) I'm EV training for spd, and I buy the Sp. atk vitamin instead of speed for my deino, and got 60 EVs on it, now I have to spend more time EV training.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

When training for EVs, it becomes so very systematic that you can mess up pretty easily. So here are some areas where you can fight pretty much anyone and still get the right EVs.

Icirrus City (Water)/Moor of Iccirus (Water): HP
    Route 1: Attack
    Celestial Tower: Special Attack.
    Driftveil City (Water): Special Defense
    Route 1 (Water): Speed

There is a lack of a Defense place because that's a little difficult seeing as how there are no completely defensive places. Relic Castle 1F, Wellspring Cave, and Pinwheel Forest.

For HP and Speed you get two for every fight.

Speed and Special Defense also work where you can find nothing but Basculin/Frillish

I also reccomend using the power items.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 3rd March 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    Are wings useful at ALL? They just seem like such a small boost...
    They're a lot more useful for checking EVs and Little Cup where you can't really get a lot of EVs without going past Level 5.

I EV trained my Shelmet and Karrablast today, going for the standard spreads of 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd and 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Def, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Can't you run into Shelmet and Palpitoad too?
    Where can I get the Power Items in this game? Or the Macho Brace?
    You get the Macho Brace at the Route 16 - Nimbasa City Gate and you get all the Power Items at the Battle Subway for 16 BP each.

Okay, so I finally finished EV Training my Sawk and Terrakion. Now time to EV my Starly, Elekid, Darumaka, and Deerling.
    Shiny Pokemon: 1

How should I EV train my Rufflet? It's nature is Hardy. I used the IV calculator to get his IVs and some seem right but some of them came up with 3 different numbers for one stat. Is that normal? His IVs are:

HP: 19,20,21
    Atk: 26,28
    Def: 16
    Sp.Atk: 9,11
    Sp.Def: 16
    Spd: 31

Can I just go with Attack and HP and it'll come out good? Or would it better with Attack and Speed?

I need some help with my EV training. I'v only just started and I can't quite get the hang of it... Can anyone give me some help?ideas?tips?
    POEMON BLACK FC
    1979 4436 9650
    LOOKING 4 V-CREATE VICTINI'S!

I can do all things through christ who strengthens me.

If you are a proud Christian, add this to your signature
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    WORSHIP THE LORD!

Quote Originally Posted by cversteeg View Post
    I need some help with my EV training. I'v only just started and I can't quite get the hang of it... Can anyone give me some help?ideas?tips?
    Ok, I'll give ya some tips, that I use in my EV train.

- If you're new, see the EV training guides in Serebii or in other sites.
    - You'll se that you need some things, such as:
    - Pokérus
    - Power Items
    - Vitamins
    - Wings

Also, ya need to know some good spots to do EV:

HP - Palpitoads and Stunkfisk
    Attack - Lillipups and Patrats
    Def - Roggenrolla
    Sp. Attack - Litwick
    Sp. Def - Frillish
    Spe - Basculin

While EV Train, always count how many EV's you get per battle.
    I think it's all... I hope I helped you :3

Quote Originally Posted by Spük View Post
    Ok, I'll give ya some tips, that I use in my EV train.

- If you're new, see the EV training guides in Serebii or in other sites.
    - You'll se that you need some things, such as:
    - Pokérus
    - Power Items
    - Vitamins
    - Wings

Also, ya need to know some good spots to do EV:

HP - Palpitoads and Stunkfisk
    Attack - Lillipups and Patrats
    Def - Roggenrolla and Swadloon
    Sp. Attack - Litwick
    Sp. Def - Frillish
    Spe - Basculin

While EV Train, always count how many EV's you get per battle.
    I think it's all... I hope I helped you :3
    There fixed it for yah

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad456 View Post
    How should I EV train my Rufflet? It's nature is Hardy. I used the IV calculator to get his IVs and some seem right but some of them came up with 3 different numbers for one stat. Is that normal? His IVs are:

HP: 19,20,21
    Atk: 26,28
    Def: 16
    Sp.Atk: 9,11
    Sp.Def: 16
    Spd: 31

Can I just go with Attack and HP and it'll come out good? Or would it better with Attack and Speed?
    I assume you're planning on letting it evolve into Braviary so in that case the SpA IV doesn't matter as you probably wont want to give him any Special Attacks. I'm also assuming you're planning to use this poke for online battles in which case his IVs are pretty poor but if you're not bothered this is what I would do. Put EVs in HP/Atk/Speed with 4/252/252 respectively. You can EV train for HP against Audinos who give 2 HP EVs each. Atk EVs can be gained against Lillipups and Patrats on Route 1 (1 Atk EV each) and Speed EVs against Basculin (surf in the water just below the daycare and they give 2 each).

Give him a choice scarf to hold as his base Speed stat of 80 is far from impressive. Let him learn U-Turn/Superpower/Brave Bird/Return. U-Turn to scout, Superpower to deal with rock and steel types and the other two are STAB moves. His attack stat is a must for his EVs. Hes got decent defenses (100/75/75) but realistically he wont be around for too long so you're better off using his offensive capabilities to try and sweep.

EDIT: Hardy nature affects no stats. A good nature for Braviary is Jolly/Adamant
    I have for trade

UT Adamant Magikarps with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Modest Larvesta with perfect SpA IVs
    UT Jolly Axews with perfect Speed IVs
    UT Relaxed Pinecos with perfect Defence IVs

ALL LEGIT!!

Looking for good bulky/annoyer/lead pokemon.
    Im open to suggestions so just PM me if you wanna trade and you got something good to offer.
    NO HACKS!!! Please.

I f**king love Cloyster

I have a couple of questions for people who have experienced in EV training.

1: Let's say I want to EV train my Spiritomb in defense. I take it to pinwheel forest, put an EXP share on it, and use another pokemon to defeat the Swadloon. My Spiritomb levels up many times after the battle. My question is, how would that work in terms of EV's? Would it just gain the two, despite how many times it leveled up? This question has always bugged me.

2: What's a good way to keep track of EV's earned? How do you guys do it?
    A few things about myself:

Spoiler:- About:

Quote Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
    I have a couple of questions for people who have experienced in EV training.

1: Let's say I want to EV train my Spiritomb in defense. I take it to pinwheel forest, put an EXP share on it, and use another pokemon to defeat the Swadloon. My Spiritomb levels up many times after the battle. My question is, how would that work in terms of EV's? Would it just gain the two, despite how many times it leveled up? This question has always bugged me.

2: What's a good way to keep track of EV's earned? How do you guys do it?
    The answer to the first question is it doesn't matter how much your Spritomb levels up. If you kill one swadloon you will get 2 EVs. The only way you get more EVs per kill is if you have pkrs, a macho brace or a power item.

I use a sheet of paper and mark when I kill something or sometimes I use the PP of the move I'm using to kill everything to keep track.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Hey, I have bred for natures, abilities and moves before but I am new at IV breeding. After about 20 breeds i have managed to come up with a Modest natured Zorua with 31 Sp.Att Ivs and between 151 to 186 (max) Ivs or as the guy in the subway says a poke with an "outstanding potential overall". I used a power lens, everstone and different parenst with ever increasing IVs.

It is not the hardest thing I ever bred it does not make the top 10 but it is the best as it has like my other bred pokes the right nature, ability and moves (my zorua did not need to have any moves bed on) plus the best IVs I have ever had on a pokemon.

So my question, Is this zorua any good?
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

Originally posted by Dangertrout
    I use a sheet of paper and mark when I kill something or sometimes I use the PP of the move I'm using to kill everything to keep track.
    Personal fav I've mine too, just do not use non-100% acc moves when doing this. Also Stunfisk endure screws this over as well as Roggenrola sturdy so be wary. I found using the notes section on your smartphone better than a pen and paper but it doesn't make a major difference.
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Hey, I have bred for natures, abilities and moves before but I am new at IV breeding. After about 20 breeds i have managed to come up with a Modest natured Zorua with 31 Sp.Att Ivs and between 151 to 186 (max) Ivs or as the guy in the subway says a poke with an "outstanding potential overall". I used a power lens, everstone and different parenst with ever increasing IVs.

It is not the hardest thing I ever bred it does not make the top 10 but it is the best as it has like my other bred pokes the right nature, ability and moves (my zorua did not need to have any moves bed on) plus the best IVs I have ever had on a pokemon.

So my question, Is this zorua any good?
    I do prefer a Timid Zorua. Also, it needs Dark Pulse.

But, assuming it's the only possibility you have, it's pretty good. A good nature, and good IV's, almost all you need. But, if you want it better, use Zorua as a parent ansd get a Poké with Dark Pulse to get good IV's + Nature + Moves.

thanks, yeah I just skipped Dark pulse cos it was extra work and night daze will still work fine, it doesn't matter as much as i do not play competitively with my in game team.
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

So I know how to EV train properly and have been doing so for years, but I always thought you could not EV train Level 100 Pokemon (the one's given at events etc).
    However I read somewhere that in Gen V you can now EV train them, so my question is how? Obviously I'd go about it the exact same way of Vitamins, Power Items, Pokerus and battling the relevant Pokemon but how will it get the stat gains if it can't level up?

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    So I know how to EV train properly and have been doing so for years, but I always thought you could not EV train Level 100 Pokemon (the one's given at events etc).
    However I read somewhere that in Gen V you can now EV train them, so my question is how? Obviously I'd go about it the exact same way of Vitamins, Power Items, Pokerus and battling the relevant Pokemon but how will it get the stat gains if it can't level up?
    In BW, Pokemon's stats are recalculated after every battle instead of when you level up. So it doesn't matter that level 100s can't level up anymore as the EVs they gain will take effect as soon as a battle ends.

Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast