Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Not to worry, found my answer that it doesn't affect it. I didn't realise it was a gradual change.

I have just learned about EV training and I had two questions.
    1. Once you have 252 EVs in attack on a pokemon can you take off the Power Bracer without effecting the stat?
    2. Does a pokemon keep it's EVs when traded?

Quote Originally Posted by draco4725 View Post
    I have just learned about EV training and I had two questions.
    1. Once you have 252 EVs in attack on a pokemon can you take off the Power Bracer without effecting the stat?
    2. Does a pokemon keep it's EVs when traded?
    Yes to both. The only way to remove EVs (or the stat in general) is to use one of the 6 specific berries on it)

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    Yes to both. The only way to remove EVs (or the stat in general) is to use one of the 6 specific berries on it)
    Thank you

I've successfully EV Trained my first Pokémon, I got my Espeon's Sp. Attack as high as it will get (393, I know the actual Max is 394, but 393 is as high as it will go as it doesn't have Mischievous.) But since this is my first EV training experience, I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong. I can still use other vitamins on my Espeon, If I do use HP Up, Carbos and Zinc to raise his Hp, Speed and Sp. Def, will that harm my game, like, will hack checks think my Espeon was hacked or something? (I don't hack, by the way...)

I'm sorry if my question is dumb, but I'm still pretty new to EV Training...
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    I've successfully EV Trained my first Pokémon, I got my Espeon's Sp. Attack as high as it will get (393, I know the actual Max is 394, but 393 is as high as it will go as it doesn't have Mischievous.) But since this is my first EV training experience, I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong. I can still use other vitamins on my Espeon, If I do use HP Up, Carbos and Zinc to raise his Hp, Speed and Sp. Def, will that harm my game, like, will hack checks think my Espeon was hacked or something? (I don't hack, by the way...)

I'm sorry if my question is dumb, but I'm still pretty new to EV Training...
    well, it sounds like your Espeon isn't fully EV trained. While you can only put 255 EVs in any one stat, you can put a total of 510 EVs across all your stats. It won't harm your game, but you might want to consider properly EV training another stat. (I like Speed on Espeon)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    well, it sounds like your Espeon isn't fully EV trained. While you can only put 255 EVs in any one stat, you can put a total of 510 EVs across all your stats. It won't harm your game, but you might want to consider properly EV training another stat. (I like Speed on Espeon)
    Oh! Okay! I was under the impression you could only give a Pokémon 255 EVs total... It's a relief to know it won't harm my game too! Thank you for the quick reply!
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Hey guys. I have a couple of questions I like to ask of you. Should I start EV train as a Feebas first or as a Milotic? Because I like to train it properly. If I have a Politoed who have the Drizzle ability, should I put it on defense or offense? You know like the way that a Politoed with the ability "Drizzle" should EV trained like...

Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Any thing that would benefit its health,defense,speed,Sp. Atk,or Sp.Def.
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Nature: Modest/Timid
    Characteristic: Anything that would benefit its health,defense,speed,Sp.Atk,or Sp. Def
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Or anything else in that matter? You see, I like to raise it the right way.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Hey guys. I have a couple of questions I like to ask of you. Should I start EV train as a Feebas first or as a Milotic? Because I like to train it properly. If I have a Politoed who have the Drizzle ability, should I put it on defense or offense? You know like the way that a Politoed with the ability "Drizzle" should EV trained like...

Nature: Bold
    Characteristic: Any thing that would benefit its health,defense,speed,Sp. Atk,or Sp.Def.
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Nature: Modest/Timid
    Characteristic: Anything that would benefit its health,defense,speed,Sp.Atk,or Sp. Def
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Or anything else in that matter? You see, I like to raise it the right way.
    Doesn't really matter what you train it as - the EVs are going to remain the same. As for Politoed, look on Smogon for recommended EVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Doesn't really matter what you train it as - the EVs are going to remain the same. As for Politoed, look on Smogon for recommended EVs.
    I see. So it won't matter when I can start EV train as either as a Feebas or a Milotic. I've already looked at smogon website. I've already planned for Milotic as a great defense. There's no doubt that Buizel/Floatzel will have good offense for the Water Team. Now the only question is, which side should I put Politoed in? Offense or defense? Whatever the choice you think is best, then I'll use it.

For defense I've looked this spread...

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD with the Bold nature.
    __________________________________________________ _________

For offense, I've looked at this spread...

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with either Timid or Modest nature. But Hidden Power Grass will be difficult.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

For the other thing, I've looked at this spread as well...

252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD with the Modest nature
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

If you want Team Rating, you probably should go to Competitive Discussion or In-Game RMT.

Generally, Politoed's sole purpose for existing is to summon rain and re-summon rain if it gets overwritten by another perma-weather ability. Its defenses aren't BAD by any means, and it has no reliable way of independently healing itself. There's no shortage of other much bulkier waters, or similar levels of bulk that can heal itself, that can do walling better.

Personally I just slap a Specs or a Scarf on it, and then hope for the best and switch out when necessary.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I personally use a bulky Politoed set, because its defenses are reasonably good. 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe is what I run.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    If you want Team Rating, you probably should go to Competitive Discussion or In-Game RMT.

Generally, Politoed's sole purpose for existing is to summon rain and re-summon rain if it gets overwritten by another perma-weather ability. Its defenses aren't BAD by any means, and it has no reliable way of independently healing itself. There's no shortage of other much bulkier waters, or similar levels of bulk that can heal itself, that can do walling better.

Personally I just slap a Specs or a Scarf on it, and then hope for the best and switch out when necessary.
    I see. So putting Politoed on offense might be a good choice, huh?

I personally use a bulky Politoed set, because its defenses are reasonably good. 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe is what I run.
    I see. But the thing is I don't know which spread is the very best for Politoed. Can you please help me out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I see. So putting Politoed on offense might be a good choice, huh?

I see. But the thing is I don't know which spread is the very best for Politoed. Can you please help me out of this?
    there is no 'better' spread - it all depends on your preferences. Play with both sets, and decide which you prefer.

I don't have a question, yet, just wanted to say I just started ev training and its making me realize that there's so much more Pokemon than just leveling up!
    pokemon X fc: 4940-6419-7030

there is no 'better' spread - it all depends on your preferences. Play with both sets, and decide which you prefer.
    Ok. Thank you.

Okay, I've looked all over the internet and not one single website has actually explained how EVs work.
    I wan't to know before I get B2/W2, so I can do it right.
    I get that EVs are from battling blah blah blah, but how does one figure out what EVs a Pokemon has? Is there some kind of equation involved? How can I translate stats to EVs?
    White FC: 5157 9203 9684 .......White Team:
    White 2 FC: 0090 0222 0502.......White 2 Team:
    Looking for: SHINIES
    My shinies:
    Lots of Keldeo and Genesect for trade!
    I am Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by poutwuw View Post
    Okay, I've looked all over the internet and not one single website has actually explained how EVs work.
    I wan't to know before I get B2/W2, so I can do it right.
    I get that EVs are from battling blah blah blah, but how does one figure out what EVs a Pokemon has? Is there some kind of equation involved? How can I translate stats to EVs?
    Generally speaking, whatever a Pokémon has for its best stat is what it'll give for EVs. First stage ones give one, second stage give two, and third stage ones give three. Standalone species normally give two, and legendary ones give three. You can find the specific EV yield online on Bulbapedia or this site.

Generally speaking, whatever a Pokémon has for its best stat is what it'll give for EVs. First stage ones give one, second stage give two, and third stage ones give three. Standalone species normally give two, and legendary ones give three. You can find the specific EV yield online on Bulbapedia or this site.
    ...That wasn't the question...
    I already know that.
    The question is what a Pokemon has, not what it gives from being defeated.
    For instance, my Lucario. I know its stats. I don't know its EVs.
    I have gathered that the number 30 is somehow involved with this, but not really how so.
    My shinies:
    I am Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    Are wings useful at ALL? They just seem like such a small boost...
    They can be very helpful when EV training the extra 4 EVs if you are really lazy.

I just finished training a golurk so now I'm leveling it up.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

...That wasn't the question...
    I already know that.
    The question is what a Pokemon has, not what it gives from being defeated.
    For instance, my Lucario. I know its stats. I don't know its EVs.
    I have gathered that the number 30 is somehow involved with this, but not really how so.
    you should've clarified. At any rate, unless you've been keeping track, the only way is to either use an AR to figure it out, or upload it to Pokécheck, which will display the EVs it has.

and I'm not sure where you're getting 30 from, it has nothing to do with it unless you've given it 30 EVs.

you should've clarified. At any rate, unless you've been keeping track, the only way is to either use an AR to figure it out, or upload it to Pokécheck, which will display the EVs it has.

and I'm not sure where you're getting 30 from, it has nothing to do with it unless you've given it 30 EVs.
    I thought I was clear when I said I know how to get EVs and did not need to be told again how to get EVs.
    But thank you for your assistance.
    My shinies:
    I am Christian.

I thought I was clear when I said I know how to get EVs and did not need to be told again how to get EVs.
    But thank you for your assistance.
    The question wasn't very clear. I also had trouble understanding if you were asking how to tell which pokemon give what EVs or if you were asking how to calculate your own pokemon's EVs.
    But, knowing that you're after your own pokemon's EVs, I can work with that. The absolutely easiest way would be using pokecheck, which I'm not going to discuss in detail, and agonist mentioned already anyways.
    The next easiest I think would be mark down your pokemons stats. save. use EV reducing berries until they stop working. compare stats. since 4 EVs = 1 point, you should be able to tell roughly how many EVs were in each stat. (it wouldn't be exact though, it would be give or take 1-3)
    But if you're concerned about properly EV training things, it may be simpler to just EV wipe completely and retrain, keeping track of it this time. When you EV wipe you might want to check the exact IVs while you're at it. Always good to know.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

I recently EV trained my hariyama and found out I gave it random IV's on platinum, but did a near perfect training on my sassy amoonguss its a sp. Wall

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Does anyone have any ideas for EV training for Attack in Black 2 / White 2?

In Black and White, I trained for Attack on Route 1, but now Route 1 has many more Pokemon with different EV points. Any ideas?
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast