Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas for EV training for Attack in Black 2 / White 2?

In Black and White, I trained for Attack on Route 1, but now Route 1 has many more Pokemon with different EV points. Any ideas?
    I am not sure yet if there is one yet I haven't found one and I just searched for one

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Skarmory is my favorite pokemon and I wanted to raise one that would do well in competitive battling.
    How should I distribute the EVs, what nature should it have, and what should the IVs be.

IVs should always be flawless, nature should be either Impish or Careful, and EVs are typically 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Spe or 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    IVs should always be flawless, nature should be either Impish or Careful, and EVs are typically 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Spe or 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe.
    Ok Thanks.

Sorry if this is covered somewhere in a different thread, but I have been reading up on ev training and so far every guide says that if I swap out my lead pokemon and then ko the wild pokemon with a different pokemon in my party they both get the evs.

Like for example I send out a Jolteon, swap it for a gengar, and then it kos a Litwick and they both get 1 sp. attack ev. Correct?

Reason I ask is because I saw somewhere on a forum that someone said that this was wrong and they said their source was from this website.

Can someone help out a newbie to the ev training? And again I sincerely apologize if this has been asked before, I tried searching for this on this site and could not find an answer.

Also my friend and I are trying to figure this out.

With a macho brace fighting a lilipup and having pokerus on your pokemon you get 1 attack ev multiplied by 2, and then another 2 giving you 4 attack evs.

What about with a power bracer and pokerus? Would you; a) take the 1 attack ev and add 4 to it and then multiply by 2 from pokerus giving you 10 attack evs. Or would you b) take the 1 attack ev, multiply it by 2 giving you 2 attack evs, adding 4 from power brace to give you 6 attack evs?

Trying to figure out which is best to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Akreis View Post
    Sorry if this is covered somewhere in a different thread, but I have been reading up on ev training and so far every guide says that if I swap out my lead pokemon and then ko the wild pokemon with a different pokemon in my party they both get the evs.

Like for example I send out a Jolteon, swap it for a gengar, and then it kos a Litwick and they both get 1 sp. attack ev. Correct?

Reason I ask is because I saw somewhere on a forum that someone said that this was wrong and they said their source was from this website.

Can someone help out a newbie to the ev training? And again I sincerely apologize if this has been asked before, I tried searching for this on this site and could not find an answer.
    You are correct. Both Pokemon involved in the battle get a Sp.Atk EV from the Litwick..

As for the power braces, I'm not sure how those add up. I always EV train with Pokerus + the Macho Brace personally.
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

You are correct. Both Pokemon involved in the battle get a Sp.Atk EV from the Litwick..

As for the power braces, I'm not sure how those add up. I always EV train with Pokerus + the Macho Brace personally.
    Power Item adds +4 to whatever the Pokemon gave you. Litwick gives 1, so it'd be +5 with the Power Lens. Add in Pokerus, and it gives +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Power Item adds +4 to whatever the Pokemon gave you. Litwick gives 1, so it'd be +5 with the Power Lens. Add in Pokerus, and it gives +10.

Thank you both very much!

I'm not entirely sure what other people do to EV things, but personally, I always aim for targets that are in level 50s for EVing. No, the newly hatched thing isn't going to EV itself (that'd be crazy!), but after I give it PKRS, it just holds EXP Share while a previously EVed thing does the actual battling. That way, the newly hatched Pokemon is around level 30~40 by the time the EVing is done. Once it's in the 60s, it can EV the newly hatched, so the process goes on and on. But everything has to start somewhere, which is where the Legendaries come in. They're generally at high enough levels to EV themselves.

Example, in BW:
    Adamant level 40 (or 45, can't remember) flawless Virizion just captured. It's more than capable of beating level 30~50 Basculin, which gives 2 Spd EPs and level 30s Krokorok, which gives 2 Atk EPs, in order to EV itself. Virizion holds Macho Brace for this task.

Once EVing is complete, it can't gain any more, thus it's free to start EVing other things.

It then EVs a newly hatched Adamant shiny flawless Axew, which holds EXP Share. And on and on. I prefer the not-level-100-yet-EVed-thing to be able to one-hit KO the EVing targets, and the total attack move PP to be as close to 63 as possible. That way, I don't have to pay any attention while EVing and know that I won't mess it up.
    A recent RNG binge has left quite a few shiny IV 31 all (or practically 31 all) Legendary Pokemon left over, among others.
    I will gladly sell them to those who desire for interesting offers. Since I can RNG, a random shiny is as interesting to me as an ant is to a math professor.
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: , x2
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:
    Shiny, Jolly, IVs: 31, 31, 31, 24, 31, 31: , , , ,
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: x2
    Timid, IVs: 31, 4?, 31, 31, 26, 31: x6, x5

hey all, i'm new here and i have a question. i'm planning catching a Volcarona so i'll like to know wat are good natures for it? and the right way to EV train Volcarona

Quote Originally Posted by CuteWhimsicott View Post
    hey all, i'm new here and i have a question. i'm planning catching a Volcarona so i'll like to know wat are good natures for it? and the right way to EV train Volcarona
    Because Volcarona are best at Sp. Attack, I would personally go for a Modest nature. This way, it could work well to go for 252 EVs in Sp. Attack, 200 in Speed, and the remaining 52 in Sp. Defense.

I'm not sure if that would be the best way to run it, but it should work okay.

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardastarly View Post
    Because Volcarona are best at Sp. Attack, I would personally go for a Modest nature. This way, it could work well to go for 252 EVs in Sp. Attack, 200 in Speed, and the remaining 52 in Sp. Defense.

I'm not sure if that would be the best way to run it, but it should work okay.
    Timid is generally preferred, so you can get the speed tie with other +Spe base 100's. Modest can work, but you'd be better off running a bulkier set if you choose to run Modest.

thx everyone : ) if i need more help is it ok to come back and ask you guys?

i got a Keldeo, how do i EV train him? i don't remember his nature

Okay, so what if you lost track/didn't calculate your ev's while training at all? I'm just casually leveling and what not just...but now I wanna properly fix stats but idk how many evs are in the stats I have already
    Boys who juggle pokeballs should never be trusted. HEY. DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY MAGIKARP.
    --Chiisai

Quote Originally Posted by Chiisai-Kagami♥ View Post
    Okay, so what if you lost track/didn't calculate your ev's while training at all? I'm just casually leveling and what not just...but now I wanna properly fix stats but idk how many evs are in the stats I have already
    For that sort of situation I would just get a mess of EV reducing berries and use them to make sure all the EVs were wiped back to zero.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    For that sort of situation I would just get a mess of EV reducing berries and use them to make sure all the EVs were wiped back to zero.
    Uu....k, then do you know where I can see the base stat of pokemon at a given level?
    Boys who juggle pokeballs should never be trusted. HEY. DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY MAGIKARP.
    --Chiisai

why do you need to know the base stat?

So I know that all the evs are gone, when I use the berries, right?
    --Chiisai

Ah, see that wouldn't work unless you know the IVs of your pokemon. And you can't calculate the IVs unless you know the EVs.
    I believe that once the EVs are gone the berries stop having an effect. Give me a few minutes and I'll verify that. Or someone who knows for sure can post to confirm that's how they work.

edit - yep, once the EVs are wiped the message changes to saying "Its base *stat* can't go lower". So you may end up using more berries than necessary if you just spam A.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 4th November 2012 at 10:24 PM.

One question: If my pokemon has pokerus and is holding a power lens and feed him 1 calcium, does it get 80 EVs?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    One question: If my pokemon has pokerus and is holding a power lens and feed him 1 calcium, does it get 80 EVs?
    no, it gets 10 EVs. pkrs and power lens only affect EVs gained in battle.

I have to say, the most useful thing in the world for IV breeding is having Ditto with maxed stats, it just helps so much in starting out the process. I got lucky and got a japanese ditto with a maxed HP stat in a trade, and then caught a ditto with a maxed Special Attack stat by chance. Sooo helpful.
    Available Trades:

Spoiler:- Legendaries:

IV bred pokemon. All of them have between two and four maxed IV stats.

Spoiler:- IV Bred:

I can also get you any breedable pokemon with either a maxed HP or Special Attack stat, but both will take more time.

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Spoiler:- Dream World Females:

Anyone know where one could find a Little Cup EV Training Guide? I can only find them for 4th gen, but I'm playing 5th... I get that wings are the best way, but it would be nice to have some low-level hotspot suggestions etc... Bridge drops are tedious to collect.

EDIT: This is all I could come up with, after looking at a heap of routes on Serebii Pokearth. Most of the LC EV Hotspots are bad, but it is the best I can come up with for minimizing EXP. Feel free to edit, post and improve as long as I'm referenced. Thanks.

5th Gen Little Cup EV Training by TheDarkrai

To comprehend this guide, you should already know all about regular EV Training.

The issue with EV'ing LC pokemon is that they need their EXP to be kept to a minimum, and many of the commonly used EV training hotspots are too high level for your LC competitors to stay Lv.5.

The simplest way around this is wings, but if you have rode up and down a bridge for hours searching for them, you, like me, will think there is a much easier way.

At a low-level hotspot like the ones below, take a team of 6 pokemon, including your little cup pokemon you wish to EV. Equip this pokemon with pokerus and the necessary power item, and for each battle, cycle through the whole team to minimize EXP gain. While these routes are nowhere near as effiecient as the regular EV training hotspots, they are the kinda bad low-level alternatives. I would suggest using a combination of these routes and wings so as to not go over level 5. Also, in Join Avenue in B2W2, there are services greatly beneficial to the EV system. The drawback of this is no one is actually sure of the mechanics of this, so it will stuff up your EV training unless you max out the EVs in that stat then tailor them with EV reducing berries and wings.

Attack
    Route 1 BW
    Route 19 B2W2 Lilipup (NOT purrloin.)

Special Attack
    Floccesy Ranch B2W2 Mareep and Psyduck (quite a bad spot for it, but everywhere else is too high levelled. Avoid the Lillipup, Azurill, Patrat, Pidove and Riolu. Told you this route was bad.)

Speed
    Route 2 BW Purrloin (NOT lillipup or patrat.)
    Route 19 B2W2 Purrloin (NOT lillipup.)

These are all the usable LC EV hotspots, as other places all have too high levels to be viable.

Have fun tediously training your Little Cup winners!
    Last edited by TheDarkrai; 13th November 2012 at 8:06 AM.
    Currently trading and looking to trade for egg moves.
    I have: Dark Pulse zorua, Dark Pulse Deino, Snarl Zorua, Hypnosis/Zen Headbutt /Roost Zubat, Curse , Aqua Ring , Imprison , Muddy Water , yawn/wish/stored power . I'll do others on request. Can do natures for any of my egg moves, though in some cases patience is required, please understand.

Visit my trade shop at http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=500528
    White FC: 3525 9605 9952

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 LastLast