Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Wait, with Items that give out EV's this generation (Feathers or whatever) This means that I no longer have to even have a battle with that pokemon for it to have full stats (Assuming I had 999 rare candies, feathers, and vitamins) and still be able to max stats?

Is there a faster way to train for Special Attack EVs then in Celestial Tower?

~*~Made by Me~*~

Im just wondering if there is a max number of EV's a pokemon can acquire per level? If I've got a lvl 35 killin lvl 4's, can I get all my EV's in w/o leveling? And then once they do level they'll just acquire huge stat changes?
    Black FC- 2580 2830 1683
    Name- SALARGO

Quote Originally Posted by Googlepacer View Post
    Im just wondering if there is a max number of EV's a pokemon can acquire per level? If I've got a lvl 35 killin lvl 4's, can I get all my EV's in w/o leveling? And then once they do level they'll just acquire huge stat changes?
    There's no max number per level. The stat changes will be gradual all the way up to level 100.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

How do the wings work?

From what I've read, 1 wing = 1 EV. 4 EVs = 1 stat. I gave one of my pokemon 32 wings but their stat level only went up by 1 instead of the expected 8 when they leveled up. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanistic View Post
    How do the wings work?

From what I've read, 1 wing = 1 EV. 4 EVs = 1 stat. I gave one of my pokemon 32 wings but their stat level only went up by 1 instead of the expected 8 when they leveled up. Why?
    EV gains are gradual going up to lvl 100 and your pokemon will not get all the stats at once when you level up.

So if I give them 32 wings they will get the extra from the wings eventually just through normal leveling up? Would it b recommended to give them maybe 4 at a time for each level up or all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    Wait, with Items that give out EV's this generation (Feathers or whatever) This means that I no longer have to even have a battle with that pokemon for it to have full stats (Assuming I had 999 rare candies, feathers, and vitamins) and still be able to max stats?
    I believe that's right. But getting enough wings isn't easy.

But yes, it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanistic View Post
    So if I give them 32 wings they will get the extra from the wings eventually just through normal leveling up? Would it b recommended to give them maybe 4 at a time for each level up or all at once?
    Yes.

And for the second question, I would give all the evs at once, just so you can then freely battle whatever with your pokemon without getting evs you don't want.
    Last edited by Trainer Frankie; 24th March 2011 at 10:35 PM.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

i wont to EV train my " darmanitan " and he is bashful with zen mode !!! wat the best way to train it ???
    and wat should i boost on ? attack or sp. attack !!!
    coz it change when he is in the zen mode ????????????

I remember something about EV training with a EXP.Share. Can anyone enlighten me on the specifics of that?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowajk View Post
    i wont to EV train my " darmanitan " and he is bashful with zen mode !!! wat the best way to train it ???
    and wat should i boost on ? attack or sp. attack !!!
    coz it change when he is in the zen mode ????????????
    I think u should be using a Timid Darmanitan and focus on Sp. Atk. Yeah, the 10% Atk drop hurts a bit, but he is still very strong. After that, I would suggest getting the Power Lens and heading towards Celestial Tower. Everything there gives 1 Sp. Atk EV. When it hits 252-255, get the Power Anklet and train on Basculin (they give 2 Spd EVs). When it hits 252-255, stop trying to get EVs and start going for experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ^Moe View Post
    I remember something about EV training with a EXP.Share. Can anyone enlighten me on the specifics of that?
    Exp Share gives the pokemon holding it the full EV's of the battle.

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Exp share is quite nice.
    Pokemon Black Team, Possibly:

Pokemon Black FC: 2064-8530-9423
    Flawless Ditto Wrangler and RE Shinies: Looking for Event Pokemon and a Few Egg Move Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygowing View Post
    I think u should be using a Timid Darmanitan and focus on Sp. Atk. Yeah, the 10% Atk drop hurts a bit, but he is still very strong. After that, I would suggest getting the Power Lens and heading towards Celestial Tower. Everything there gives 1 Sp. Atk EV. When it hits 252-255, get the Power Anklet and train on Basculin (they give 2 Spd EVs). When it hits 252-255, stop trying to get EVs and start going for experience.
    Unless I'm wrong, I don't think there's any point to putting 255 evs in a stat since the three left over after the 252 won't add a point to the stat.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Just a clarification on the power items. They all give + 4 EV's in a certain stat after a battle + whatever EV's the pokemon gives out that you defeated. It also says that it reduces the speed stat on your pokemon. All that does would lower its speed during battle correct? It has nothing to do with lowering the pokemon's overall speed stat as it levels up correct?

Thanks to xPrincessAmanda for trainer card!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Unless I'm wrong, I don't think there's any point to putting 255 evs in a stat since the three left over after the 252 won't add a point to the stat.
    Alot of time, those left over 6 points of ev isn't worth the effort to keep a precise count on ev; hence you see people just 255 both stats and be done with it.

The few time it does help is if you want to have odd number hp, like 161 hp instead of 160. 160 hp can substitute 3 times, but 161 can do it 4 times; leech seed kill 160 hp in 8 turns, but 9 turns for 161 etc. However, most often times, you can't even get 160 hp because your hp IV is either too high or too low. That means only the most hardcore pokemon breeder would do something like this; the time investment for perfect IV and hidden power are near ridiculous imo.

If you play pokemon online simulators etc, and that stats are just a simple stroke of keys, there are no reason to not go very specific like 4, 252, 252 spread.

I have a feeling Frankie know this... but I am just mentioning it for people who don't know.
    Last edited by palapala; 25th March 2011 at 7:41 AM.

black FC: 0432 7708 4935
    black 2 FC: 4213 1907 4532

Feel free to pm for trade evolve etc, I will be around pretty often.
        Spoiler:- People I have traded/evolved with:

Quote Originally Posted by Gyarados Rage View Post
    Just a clarification on the power items. They all give + 4 EV's in a certain stat after a battle + whatever EV's the pokemon gives out that you defeated. It also says that it reduces the speed stat on your pokemon. All that does would lower its speed during battle correct? It has nothing to do with lowering the pokemon's overall speed stat as it levels up correct?
    Yeah, it's just during battle. Once you take it off, you have no penalty to speed.

Erm, I have a few questions. I am breeding a Litwick. Litwick breed with a Ditto(with 31 IVs in SpA plus the overall IVs is quite good), and I am not having any luck in getting a offspring with 31 IV in SpA. I am considering in getting a Power Item to transfer the 31 IV. This is correct right? Alright I know it's the wrong section but here comes my second question.

The amount of EV a Pokemon receives when holding on to a Power Item = 4 EVs in that certain stats + the amount of EV the Pokemon gives out after you won right?

EG:

My Litwick will receive 4 HP EV after battling. But because the Pokemon I battled gives out 1 HP EV, altogether, I will receive 5 HP EV.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by SynchronizeTime View Post
    Erm, I have a few questions. I am breeding a Litwick. Litwick breed with a Ditto(with 31 IVs in SpA plus the overall IVs is quite good), and I am not having any luck in getting a offspring with 31 IV in SpA. I am considering in getting a Power Item to transfer the 31 IV. This is correct right? Alright I know it's the wrong section but here comes my second question.

The amount of EV a Pokemon receives when holding on to a Power Item = 4 EVs in that certain stats + the amount of EV the Pokemon gives out after you won right?

EG:

My Litwick will receive 4 HP EV after battling. But because the Pokemon I battled gives out 1 HP EV, altogether, I will receive 5 HP EV.

Right?
    Yes, and I highly suggest getting the Power Lens as soon as you can, it cuts down on the amount you need to breed by a lot since it will guarantee that 3 Sp. Atk IV if the parent has it. (and since you have that 31 IV on a Ditto, that's fantastic)

Yep, and if you have Pokerus, the Power Item's EVs are also doubled and it'll get 10.

Yes. If you give a Power Lens to Ditto, the offspring will inherit the 31 IV in Special Attack.

EG:

Right?
    Yes, you will get 5 HP EVs if Litwick holds the Power Weight and fights a Pokemon that gives 1 HP EV.

EDIT: Beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by TehBrawlGuy~ View Post
    Yes, and I highly suggest getting the Power Lens as soon as you can, it cuts down on the amount you need to breed by a lot since it will guarantee that 3 Sp. Atk IV if the parent has it. (and since you have that 31 IV on a Ditto, that's fantastic)

Yep, and if you have Pokerus, the Power Item's EVs are also doubled and it'll get 10.
    I have a Pokerus-infected female Deino(with Dark Pulse but since it's a female I can't breed it *sobs*) and I am worried that it will be a little difficult to train if the EVs received become doubled as it might exceed the amount of EV I should receive.

252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

I'm running a Trick Room Chandelure.

I have not yet done any calculations. So assuming I battle Litwick(which gives off 1 SpA EV) and with my Power Item, I will get 5 SpA EVs.

And if that is doubled it would be 10.

It means I would have to fight 25 Litwicks(which adds up to 250 SpA EVs), I would just have to take away the Power Item and fight another Litwick(I will receive 2 SpA EV in this case due to Pokerus). Right? So in total, I would have to fight 26 Litwicks with Pokerus infected.

I have a Pokerus-infected female Deino(with Dark Pulse but since it's a female I can't breed it *sobs*) and I am worried that it will be a little difficult to train if the EVs received become doubled as it might exceed the amount of EV I should receive.

252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

I'm running a Trick Room Chandelure.

I have not yet done any calculations. So assuming I battle Litwick(which gives off 1 SpA EV) and with my Power Item, I will get 5 SpA EVs.

And if that is doubled it would be 10.

It means I would have to fight 25 Litwicks(which adds up to 250 SpA EVs), I would just have to take away the Power Item and fight another Litwick(I will receive 2 SpA EV in this case due to Pokerus). Right? So in total, I would have to fight 26 Litwicks with Pokerus infected.
    Yes, that is correct.

You could also give your Pokemon 10 Calciums first, which would give you 100 Special Attack EVs. Then, you'd only have 152 left to get. This means you would only need to fight 15 Litwicks with the Power Item, then 1 without, for a total of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Yes, that is correct.
    Thank you so very much! Because I just learnt about the IV and EV stuff so I wanted to breed a Litwick on my own. I heard that with a Quiet Nature, 31 IVs in SpA and run a Trick Room set it can smash through teams easily. Though I am not really battling competitively, I still like to train my Pokemon in this manner.

Ah one more question, the judge will say something about the overall IV stats. Is that a preferably "sentence" or something? Like above average, decent all around etc. I know that the preferred one will always be the best but except for that, is there any more? Or is my Litwick good enough with 31 IV?

Thank you so very much! Because I just learnt about the IV and EV stuff so I wanted to breed a Litwick on my own. I heard that with a Quiet Nature, 31 IVs in SpA and run a Trick Room set it can smash through teams easily. Though I am not really battling competitively, I still like to train my Pokemon in this manner.

Ah one more question, the judge will say something about the overall IV stats. Is that a preferably "sentence" or something? Like above average, decent all around etc. I know that the preferred one will always be the best but except for that, is there any more? Or is my Litwick good enough with 31 IV?
    When he says things like, "above average" and "decent all around," he's just referring to the sum of the IVs in all six of your Pokemon's stats. I know that "decent all around" is the worst thing he says, meaning that your Pokemon's overall IV sum is low, i.e. most if not all your IVs are bad. The best thing he says is that your Pokemon is "wonderfully outstanding" (or at least that's what it was in gen 4), which means that it has high IVs.

It would be best to use Pokemon with high IVs all around. However, your Litwick should be fine with just the 31 IV in Special Attack if you don't want to get another one.

Useful thing for EV trainers: If you mess up the EVs you can still gain EVs after level 100. Just use those EV-lowering berries, like Pomeg, for example.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast