Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Useful thing for EV trainers: If you mess up the EVs you can still gain EVs after level 100. Just use those EV-lowering berries, like Pomeg, for example.
    However, theres no way to get large numbers of those berries in Black & White. And from what I heard from others, you can't even get them nor grow them in the Dream World.

...please tell me I'm wrong.

This is a signature.

That is Ran.

Could someone help me determine what the IVs of my two dittos are?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWhite View Post
    Could someone help me determine what the IVs of my two dittos are?
    First: http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml
    IV calculator.

Input the number of your current level.

Next go to battle subway (need to complete e4 first), there is an ace trainer telling you your IV sum and best stat.

Next Mistralton city's pokemon center, there is a hiddeon power checker at the counter.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/useful.shtml

Now if you need your ditto to hit level 50 fast, go to the building left side of pokemon center in nimbasa city. The battle simulation there are auto-lv50.

You should be able to get a pretty accurate IV by then.

If you don't remember your EV on them, then it would be near impossible to get an accurate calculation unless you lower its ev to 0 with berry.

black FC: 0432 7708 4935
    black 2 FC: 4213 1907 4532

Feel free to pm for trade evolve etc, I will be around pretty often.
        Spoiler:- People I have traded/evolved with:

i need to clarify something. running away from the PKMN battle means you don't get the EV points right? i was EV training on attack on the first route of the game when an Audino jumped me. I ran.

and what about fainting? as far as i know, if you faint, you don't get EVs either. is that right?

thanks.
    Back online. It's a new start.

Quote Originally Posted by eonmaster_457 View Post
    i need to clarify something. running away from the PKMN battle means you don't get the EV points right? i was EV training on attack on the first route of the game when an Audino jumped me. I ran.

and what about fainting? as far as i know, if you faint, you don't get EVs either. is that right?

thanks.
    Right. If you flee the battle or if a Pokemon faints, the Pokemon does not gain EVs. A Pokemon will only gain EVs if it gains experience from defeating the other Pokemon.

thanks. but wait, i have another question. ive trained my axew against 70 pokemon in Route 1 while holding a Macho Brace. it's the first time for me to use Axew, so it's got 0 Attack EVs. After those 70 matches, it should have 140 EVs right? but how come when I try to use a Protein, it says there won't be any effect?

lol it's my first time to try EV training.

If I'm not wrong, you cannot use any Protein if EVs invested in that particular stat is 100 and above.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

really? aw i didn't know that. thanks anyway! i gotta keep that in mind..

SynchronizeTime is right. The vitamins (protein, carbos, etc.) only work for the first 100 EVs in a stat. Once you have more than 100 EVs in a stat, you can't use vitamins to boost that stat anymore.

So eonmaster_457, you will have to defeat more Pokemon to get the remaining EVs.

LOL. I'm not quite sure about that! Really. You might want to hear other people's opinion. I just officially start EV training yesterday too.

EDIT: Aquarelle just answered your question XD

Unless you play generation 1. They work completely different in that game

That;s why I was confused with vitamins in every other game up to generation 4 (I skipped generation 3 because pokemon was unpopular. By generation 4, I stopped caring if it was in or not.)

thanks a lot guys. next time i'll use the vitamins before the ev training. that is allowed, right? so i start at 100 EV points?

Quote Originally Posted by eonmaster_457 View Post
    thanks a lot guys. next time i'll use the vitamins before the ev training. that is allowed, right? so i start at 100 EV points?
    That's SPECIFICALLY what they are for

i see. thank you!

Ok, this EV Training confuses me.
    Is it best to use all the Medicines (Protein, Carbos, Etc...) on fresh new lvl 1 Pokémon? Do they gain more EV's from fighting themselves or is it ok to stick them up front with a Macho Brace and swap them out?
    What are the best opponents to EV train on?

Are there any apps for this I can also stick onto my phone/itouch?

Sorry for this but I checked the guides on here and they confused me a little bit

(Playing Pokémon White)

To make ev training easier, you should use vitamins on the stats you want to train the pokemon in. How many and in what stats depends on how you want to train your pokemon.

And you could put the macho brace on a pokemon and switch them out and they'd get the evs plus the bonus from the macho brace.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

I want to get my Infernape with a really high speed stat, what are the best things to train on to achieve this?

Have you leveled the pokemon at all?

Mmmm gave it ago and got it to lvl 49 with a speed of 138. I don't mind re-breeding a new Chimchar though with, hopefully, a beneficial nature

Lets Get This Party Started In Here

138 is it's speed stat at level 49 and not the amount of speed evs it's collected, right?

Either way, at level 49 it's likely your infernape has maxed it's evs. How far are you in the game?

Oh I've finished the game completely. Just messing around trying to improve my Infernape

How do I check the amount of Ev's it's collected?

In Opelucid City there's a girl who tells you if the evs are maxed. Not sure where, haven't been there myself. Maybe in the Pokemon Center?

She said..."Your Infernape put in a great effort!" Does that mean hes maxed?

Sorry, I'm not sure. But it sounds like it's effort values are maxed. Do you have any wings? You could try using each of the six different wings and if all say no effect (you won't lose the item if it says no effect), then your infernape has maxed evs.

If that's the case, you could either wait for ev reducing berries (which may or may not be released for Black and White) or start with a new chimchar.

Ahh, I had wings, used them on my Haxorus. I'll just go grab some more, not hard. Thanks for the help

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast