Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

here to ev atk and where?
    R.I.P Dusk i miss you

Attack EVs are easy to get from Lillipups and Patrats, very common at the beginning grass patches.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

thanks Xaby
    Diamond FC: 4555-2423-5128
    Soul Silver FC: 1806-4856-7880

Egg move pokemon:

Vulpix: Ember/Energy Ball
    Remoraid: Water Gun/Water Spout/Rest/Ice Beam

Speed EV's - Surfing, you'll find NOTHING but Basculines which give 2 speed EV's

Special Attack EV's - Celestial Tower, ALL enemies you find give 1 special EV

Attack - Beginning of game, as stated. Found that out the hard way

Great time for this thread to appear -_-. I posted this question yesterday but got no reply so I just went ahead with attack and speed. I'll ask again anyway, just so for future reference I can remove the EVs and do it properly:

Hi, I just have a question to ask concerning the EV spread of the Dratini I just hatched.

So, I was just casually breeding Dratini's for my team with a Jolly nature and 31IVs in Attack and Speed. I got the first one, went to the see the Judge just for the hell of it, and it turns out my Dratini has this spread:

31/31/x/x/31/31

Now, I'm pretty impressed with this and I don't want to screw up the EV spread. With a Jolly nature, could someone suggest the best spread to be going for? I was originally going to go for max Attack and Speed, but if there are any better suggestions I would appreciate it
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    Great time for this thread to appear -_-. I posted this question yesterday but got no reply so I just went ahead with attack and speed. I'll ask again anyway, just so for future reference I can remove the EVs and do it properly:

Hi, I just have a question to ask concerning the EV spread of the Dratini I just hatched.

So, I was just casually breeding Dratini's for my team with a Jolly nature and 31IVs in Attack and Speed. I got the first one, went to the see the Judge just for the hell of it, and it turns out my Dratini has this spread:

31/31/x/x/31/31

Now, I'm pretty impressed with this and I don't want to screw up the EV spread. With a Jolly nature, could someone suggest the best spread to be going for? I was originally going to go for max Attack and Speed, but if there are any better suggestions I would appreciate it
    Well, what moveset and role would it have?

Daryl, yes it is. :P I got a lucky spread with the Bagon!

Quote Originally Posted by TehBrawlGuy~ View Post
    Well, what moveset and role would it have?
    If you want the Dragonite for competitive battling, I would reccomend 252 ATK, 252 SPD, and 4 HP. Because of the bulkiness of Dragonite, HP need not be done and the speed of todays metagame is insane. Jolly nature rules out a Mixed Sweeper so you are left with a powerful physical sweeper. If you have the dratini that knows extremespeed that's even better. the moveset I would reccomend is Outrage, Fire Punch, Earthquake and extremespeed

Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post

31/31/x/x/31/31

If being competitive is the goal here, dragonite got nothing special going for it right now (until dream world ability, multiscale is released, then it would be the most defensive of all dragon). Everything it can do are better done by some one else *cough* garchomp *cough* salamance *cough*

If I got a dragonite these days, I would use it with a rain team so hurricane can be 100 accuracy and ev into special attack, it then will have some niche. Even then, I probably should have used something else.

non-competitive, well, anything goes.

black FC: 0432 7708 4935
    black 2 FC: 4213 1907 4532

Feel free to pm for trade evolve etc, I will be around pretty often.
        Spoiler:- People I have traded/evolved with:

And Hydreigon is the new special sweeper that dragons have with decent typing in my opinion.

Okay then, no idea how to multi quote but thanks for the advice. I'll just stick with it as it is then, and wait for multiscale, which sounds amazing. For now he will be confined to the subway
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Multiscale is a fantastic ability and a lot of the DW pokemon will alter the metagame

Exclamation Zoroark

nobody answerd me so im posting upagain cuz i really want to know if theres anything i chould do other than a new nature

Anyone know any good Attack lits and items for Zoroark
    Heres what i got so far

Zoroark nickname:Mi Ma (watch the movie)
    Attacks: Night Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and final move is a WIP but im thinking nasty plot or arial ace (if i deside to breed ill get extrasensory maby even Uturn)
    Nature: Gental(i know terrible im breeding later)
    Item:BrightPowder/Life Orb/Choice Scarf

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    Just found out that all the ev's for the first 15 levels of the game are attack,

Since BOTH of my starters in the games are special base, they got screwed over.

My Serperior is Timid and STILL has an attack higher than it's special. He's got 255 attack EV's because of the time I spent grind leveling at the beggining.
    Yep, noticed this while doing ev training while completing the game. The pokemon I caught for cut took the attack evs the other pokemon I didn't want to have and now has an atk boost and has kinda become a pokemon on my team.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk571 View Post
    nobody answerd me so im posting upagain cuz i really want to know if theres anything i chould do other than a new nature

Anyone know any good Attack lits and items for Zoroark
    Heres what i got so far

Zoroark nickname:Mi Ma (watch the movie)
    Attacks: Night Burst, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and final move is a WIP but im thinking nasty plot or arial ace (if i deside to breed ill get extrasensory maby even Uturn)
    Nature: Gental(i know terrible im breeding later)
    Item:BrightPowder/Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Taunt is good for breaking walls in competitive battling so they have to attack you. Zoroark is a Sp. Atk heavy pokemon so I would honestly reccomend either a timid or modest nature since both cut attack, which is unneccesary. As far as the held item goes, I don't know but I use a dark pulse instead of night burst. All EVs should go to attack and speed with the remaining 4 in HP

lol, at least the Bagon is put to good use :P

on the note of Hydreigon, just EV trained that with 252 Special Atk, 252 Speed and 4 HP with Dark Pulse egg move. IVs: 24/18/4/22/24/24

Move Set: Dark Pulse
    Dragon Pulse

Not sure what other 2 moves to use.
    Diamond FC: 4555-2423-5128
    Soul Silver FC: 1806-4856-7880

Egg move pokemon:

Vulpix: Ember/Energy Ball
    Remoraid: Water Gun/Water Spout/Rest/Ice Beam

Hi, I joined just to ask this question: Is there a good FAQ for EV/IV training and the whole natures thing? Been playing since Red and I wanna get competitive, I just have no idea how. Google is useless too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareliisko View Post
    Not sure what other 2 moves to use.
    I'd use Flamethrower and Surf. My Hidreigon's moveset is Flamethrower, Surf, Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaGuns View Post
    Hi, I joined just to ask this question: Is there a good FAQ for EV/IV training and the whole natures thing? Been playing since Red and I wanna get competitive, I just have no idea how. Google is useless too, lol.
    I really like this one at Smogon: 5th Gen EV Manual.

You can also use Serebii's: here and here.
    Last edited by richi3f; 20th March 2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Richie | 4597 0550 9417 | Nosepass, Onix, Rhydon

HP
    Maggyo | 15-35 | Route 8 / Sekka City (Surf) | 2

Attack
    Minezumi / Yooteril | 2-4 | Route 1 | 1
    Mebukijika / Hatoopo / Kurimgan / Kojofuu | 34-37 | Dragon Spiral Tower - Outside (Double Grass) | 2 / 2 / 2 / 1
    *NOTE: Only has a 60% chance of encounter in the Winter*

Defense
    Sandslash / Desukan / Onix | 47-50 | Ancient Castle - B4F | 2 / 2 / 1
    *NOTE: Only has a 65% chance of encounter*
    Kurumiru / Fushide | 14-17 | Yagaruma Forest | 1 / 1
    *NOTE: Only has a 50% chance of encounter*

Special Attack
    Hitomoshi | 26-29 | Tower of Heaven - 1F | 1

Special Defense
    Pururiru | 5-15 | Route 4 / 17 / 18 (Surf) | 1

Speed
    Basurao | 5-15 | Route 1 / 3 / 6 (Surf) | 2

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82382
    Black-1205 8498 6055

ss-5071 3593 3961

Former Royal Beast member.

Thanks to Millarc3005 for the amazing sig

How did you guys do your IV checks? I heard its harder in 5th gen can you guys pass down your methods?

Daryl, use U-Turn to scout pokemon and then use flamethrower and our hydreigons can be twins. assuming yours is timid as well

Use 2 flawless pokemon and you're guranteed to get 3 random 31's just use a flawless ditto and the strongest IV pokemon of the species you have coupled with everstones and power items.

Run around with 6 level 100 lillipups gathering up rare candies every 5 minutes until I have 99. Then when an egg hatches I save, feed it rare candies to level 100, then come here to serebii and enter his stats in the IV calculator. If it's good, soft reset and EV train or breed it to pass on IVs, otherwise soft reset and release.

Currently IV breeding and then going to EV train the following:

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
    Bold - Overcoat
    ~Nasty Plot
    ~Air Slash
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Roost
    IV: 31/x/x/31/31/31
    EV: 220 HP/252 Def/36 SpA

A bulky sweeper and physical wall all in one for a hail team. The coverage of Dark and Flying is crap, but with some Nasty Plots it's not too bad. 220 HP EVs gives exactly 26 health from leftovers allowing me to put more into her abysmal special attack. 339 Def is pretty solid as well.

She seems really interesting on paper.

Edit: All in all - should take about 2 weeks to breed and train her to 100.

I'm real interested in a scrafty set I have been looking at.

Rest
    Bulk Up
    Revenge
    Drain Punch

shed skin

Just bulk up x3 to make wall and rest and wake up in 1 turn. then do max attack and sweep. dont know the EV or nature though. =/

Quote Originally Posted by xFatex View Post
    How did you guys do your IV checks? I heard its harder in 5th gen can you guys pass down your methods?
    I'm using this but it's asking for a bunch of stuff I'm clueless about, like Hidden Power, Overall Potential, and Best Stats. These don't seem to be listed any where.

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast