Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Alright so imma EV train my pokemon. It has pokerus . I want to EV train it 252 in attack and 126 in hp and 126 in speed. How much and which kind of pokemon should I kill for it to gain this? Do i still give it the medicines?
    First you'd use 10 Protein, 10 HP ups and 10 Carbos then assuming that you do have the Power items you'd fight 15 Lillipups/Patrats/Mienfoo/Golett (1 Atk EV) with the Power Bracer on and then fight one more of them with it off (alternatively you could use the appropriate wing to get those last 2 Atk EV points)

Then for HP you'd either run around for Audinos or Stunfisk (2 HP EVs) and fight 2 Audino/Stunfisk with the Power Weight on and then one more without it.

Finally for Speed you'd Surf for Basculin and fight 2 with the Power Anklet on and then one with it off

That should finish off with 252 Atk, 128 HP and Speed.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    First you'd use 10 Protein, 10 HP ups and 10 Carbos then assuming that you do have the Power items you'd fight 15 Lillipups/Patrats/Mienfoo/Golett (1 Atk EV) with the Power Bracer on and then fight one more of them with it off (alternatively you could use the appropriate wing to get those last 2 Atk EV points)

Then for HP you'd either run around for Audinos or Stunfisk (2 HP EVs) and fight 2 Audino/Stunfisk with the Power Weight on and then one more without it.

Finally for Speed you'd Surf for Basculin and fight 2 with the Power Anklet on and then one with it off

That should finish off with 252 Atk, 128 HP and Speed.
    Yes I do have the power items. All pokerus does is make EV training faster right?

Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    Hey guys i kinda lost track of my speed ev's on my darumaka and i brought back some speed reducing berries from the dream world, just wondered how many berries does it take to wipe the ev's and start again? ? ?
    Depends on how many speed ev's it already has..
    Just keep using them once it tells you
    "Its friend ship increased! Its base speed cant go any lower..." this means the speed Ev's are cleaned
    Or "This item will have no effect" That means its max friendship and its EV's on speed are clean

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinsftw View Post
    Depends on how many speed ev's it already has..
    Just keep using them once it tells you
    "Its friend ship increased! Its base speed cant go any lower..." this means the speed Ev's are cleaned
    Or "This item will have no effect" That means its max friendship and its EV's on speed are clean
    to totally wipe it from over 100 EVs to zero will take you no more than 11 berries. if you have 110 or more EVs, the first berry will drop it to 100 (even if its 255)
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

Quote Originally Posted by Vendidurt View Post
    to totally wipe it from over 100 EVs to zero will take you no more than 11 berries. if you have 110 or more EVs, the first berry will drop it to 100 (even if its 255)
    It doesn't work that way anymore in Gen V. Even if the stat has more than 100 EVs in it, the EV-reducing berries will only remove 10 EVs.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Hi im new to the forum and just wanted to ask 1 question. When you ev train and you have in mind how many ev points you want to give to a pokem e.g
    i want my gengar to get 4hp/252 SAtk/252Spd that will be an increse of 1/63/63 . What do i base this increase of stats to, how will i know when i've reached the 252 ev's ?

Quote Originally Posted by xZHakeemZx View Post
    Hi im new to the forum and just wanted to ask 1 question. When you ev train and you have in mind how many ev points you want to give to a pokem e.g
    i want my gengar to get 4hp/252 SAtk/252Spd that will be an increse of 1/63/63 . What do i base this increase of stats to, how will i know when i've reached the 252 ev's ?
    You'll need to count the number of EVs you earn from each battle.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    You'll need to count the number of EVs you earn from each battle.

My gengar is already level 25 though so if i make a gastly egg then just just count the ev's would that be the best way of doing it. and is Base stats of the pokemon what you add the ev's too. Thanks

My gengar is already level 25 though so if i make a gastly egg then just just count the ev's would that be the best way of doing it.
    Yes, that would be the best way.

and is Base stats of the pokemon what you add the ev's too. Thanks
    You don't need to add the EVs to anything, but the extra points gained from the EVs are added to the Pokemon's actual stats.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Thanks alot ultimate glalie

Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    The EVs come gradually so you wont get them all at once, until its level 100 it wont have all the EVs. You also get them in level up gradually. I hope this makes sense

Yeah, but I thought all of the EVs were given straight after a battle?
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

hello this is my frist time posting anything. I jus started ev training and i lost count of how many liepards i beat. is it correct to assume that if my pokemon wont eat a carbo that its done with the speed ev?

Quote Originally Posted by jett63 View Post
    hello this is my frist time posting anything. I jus started ev training and i lost count of how many liepards i beat. is it correct to assume that if my pokemon wont eat a carbo that its done with the speed ev?
    No, just that the Speed EV is at least over 100
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Need an effective bulky EV Spread for this bad boy. I'm pretty bad when it comes to making defensive spreads, so yeah...

Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Jolly - Justified
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Sacred Sword / Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Yes I do have the power items. All pokerus does is make EV training faster right?
    Yes, it doubles EV values every time you train.

Sig credit: Extroph. I still love you Azu!! And pkmnfn for the userbar :3

Psychotic Revolution Xat

(01:20:25) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 139/49693 [1341 points / 99 battles]! *I suck at laddering*

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    Yeah, but I thought all of the EVs were given straight after a battle?
    EVs are obtained immediately after the opponent Pokemon dies. The stat is not guaranteed to be affected until it is lvl. 100.
    HIATUS

Various UT and T Legendaries for tradeMISC.BREEDABLE:

BOXES AND BOXES OF: Adamant Psycho Cut Pawniard with 31 IVs in Attack! HOT ITEM!

Looking For: SHINIES and
    MMing:

I will EV Train TWO Pokemon for ONE SHINY Pokemon!
    Depending on the Pokemon, you may need to provide it.

I HAVE POKERUS.

White FC: 2837 9409 1784

Spoiler:- Creds:

I'm thinking about getting into EV training now that I completely filled my Unova Pokedex, but I have a few questions I need answered before I start. I read that Pokerus doubles EV points earned in battle, does this apply to vitamins as well? Would using 10 Calcium with Pokerus bring Sp. Attack up by 50 stat points (200 / 4)? Also, does the Pokemon have to battle to receive the EV points, or can I train them via EXP Share? Thanks in advanced, and I may have other questions down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by OT Silver View Post
    I'm thinking about getting into EV training now that I completely filled my Unova Pokedex, but I have a few questions I need answered before I start. I read that Pokerus doubles EV points earned in battle, does this apply to vitamins as well? Would using 10 Calcium with Pokerus bring Sp. Attack up by 50 stat points (200 / 4)? Also, does the Pokemon have to battle to receive the EV points, or can I train them via EXP Share? Thanks in advanced, and I may have other questions down the line.
    Pokerus does not affect EVs gained via vitamins

Yes, it will get the EV Points if it's holding EXP Share, however it will not benefit from a Power item/Macho Brace in that case.
    HIATUS

Various UT and T Legendaries for tradeMISC.BREEDABLE:

BOXES AND BOXES OF: Adamant Psycho Cut Pawniard with 31 IVs in Attack! HOT ITEM!

Looking For: SHINIES and
    MMing:

I will EV Train TWO Pokemon for ONE SHINY Pokemon!
    Depending on the Pokemon, you may need to provide it.

I HAVE POKERUS.

White FC: 2837 9409 1784

Spoiler:- Creds:

Okay, I'm glad vitamins aren't affected, I already used 10 Calcium on my Eevee before getting it infected with Pokerus. ._.; Also, I don't really know anything about IVs. I know they're the base stats for a Pokemon and that 31 is the max for one stat, but how do you know what the IVs are for your Pokemon? I've never really focused on the stats of my Pokemon, only the natures, and I want to start building a well rounded team starting with Espeon.

Quote Originally Posted by OT Silver View Post
    Okay, I'm glad vitamins aren't affected, I already used 10 Calcium on my Eevee before getting it infected with Pokerus. ._.; Also, I don't really know anything about IVs. I know they're the base stats for a Pokemon and that 31 is the max for one stat, but how do you know what the IVs are for your Pokemon? I've never really focused on the stats of my Pokemon, only the natures, and I want to start building a well rounded team starting with Espeon.
    You have to use an IV calculator like this one:

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

It's best your Pokemon is at least level 50 to get an accurate portrayal of its IV's.

Psychotic Revolution Xat

(01:20:25) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 139/49693 [1341 points / 99 battles]! *I suck at laddering*

I've just read up on IV breeding and it sounds really confusing, so I just wanna run it by you guys, just so I know I've got it right:

Let's say I have two Shelmet parents. One has 31 HP IVs and the other has 31 in Speed. They're both holding the respective Power Items for those stats and I breed them until I have a male Shelmet with both 31 IVs in HP & Speed.
    Now, if I were to then breed that male (while he holds the Power Anklet) with another female (who has 31 HP & Sp. Atk IVs and hold the Power Lens), would I be able to hatch a Shelmet with 31 IVs in HP, Sp. Atk & Speed?

Also, do you really need to raise the Pokemon to Lv. 50 to get an accurate IV reading?
    I read on another site that you only need to raise them to Lv. 15...

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    I've just read up on IV breeding and it sounds really confusing, so I just wanna run it by you guys, just so I know I've got it right:

Let's say I have two Shelmet parents. One has 31 HP IVs and the other has 31 in Speed. They're both holding the respective Power Items for those stats and I breed them until I have a male Shelmet with both 31 IVs in HP & Speed.
    Now, if I were to then breed that male (while he holds the Power Anklet) with another female (who has 31 HP & Sp. Atk IVs and hold the Power Lens), would I be able to hatch a Shelmet with 31 IVs in HP, Sp. Atk & Speed?

Also, do you really need to raise the Pokemon to Lv. 50 to get an accurate IV reading?
    I read on another site that you only need to raise them to Lv. 15...

~The Head Honchkrow~
    As to the first question, no. It would only have IV's in the item you gave it to pass on, the rest would be random even if the parents had 31 IV's in the other stats.

As to the second question, you can raise them to whatever level you like, but you'll find out the higher the level the more accurate the IV calvulator will be.

The easiest way to do this is via rare candy leveling, and then reset your game so you still have them after you have calculated your IV's.

Psychotic Revolution Xat

Quote Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
    As to the first question, no. It would only have IV's in the item you gave it to pass on, the rest would be random even if the parents had 31 IV's in the other stats.
    I knew I'd gone wrong somewhere...
    So how would you go about it then? Would it be easier to pass down just the IVs for Sp. Atk & Speed?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

So how would you go about it then? Would it be easier to pass down just the IVs for Sp. Atk & Speed?

~The Head Honchkrow~
    It depends what IV's you want, but potentially yes.

Psychotic Revolution Xat

~The Head Honchkrow~
    For Accelgor, I would just go for those two, as they're all he really needs as he isn't going to be taking many hits either way. In some cases its better to try for more, and it isn't actually too difficult, if you work out a system. Most of my EV trained 'mons have three 31IVs, although having a ditto for every IV does help speed this process along.
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Page 45 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast