Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

OK. Going by what you've said, here's my revised method:

I have two Shelmet parents (denoted M1 & F1) and their IV spreads are as such (HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd):

M1: X/X/X/X/X/31 (equipped w/ Power Anklet)
    F1: X/X/X/31/X/X (Modest & equipped w/ Everstone)

I breed them until I get a male (denoted M2) and a female (denoted F2).
    Their IV spreads are:

M2: X/X/X/31/X/31 (equipped w/ Power Anklet)
    F2: X/X/X/31/X/31 (Modest & equipped w/ Everstone)

Breeding these two, would the resulting offspring have a good chance of inheriting both of the perfect IVs?

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by The Head Honchkrow View Post
    OK. Going by what you've said, here's my revised method:

I have two Shelmet parents (denoted M1 & F1) and their IV spreads are as such (HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spd):

M1: X/X/X/X/X/31 (equipped w/ Power Anklet)
    F1: X/X/X/31/X/X (Modest & equipped w/ Everstone)

I breed them until I get a male (denoted M2) and a female (denoted F2).
    Their IV spreads are:

M2: X/X/X/31/X/31 (equipped w/ Power Anklet)
    F2: X/X/X/31/X/31 (Modest & equipped w/ Everstone)

Breeding these two, would the resulting offspring have a good chance of inheriting both of the perfect IVs?

~The Head Honchkrow~
    They would have a 1 in 6 chance of inheriting them, so yes.

Sig credit: Extroph. I still love you Azu!! And pkmnfn for the userbar :3

Psychotic Revolution Xat

(01:20:25) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 139/49693 [1341 points / 99 battles]! *I suck at laddering*

What is better for Mandibuzz

Bold or Impish?

I want to hear opinions, both can be used well.. but though his movepool is more Special based.. while his stats are more attack based

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    What is better for Mandibuzz

Bold or Impish?

I want to hear opinions, both can be used well.. but though his movepool is more Special based.. while his stats are more attack based

I'd go with the sp. attack lowering nature.

Moves could be: Aerial Ace, U-Turn, Brave Bird, Faint Attack.

I don't actually have a Mandibuzz so there might be better suggestions, though.

Sig credit: Extroph. I still love you Azu!! And pkmnfn for the userbar :3

Psychotic Revolution Xat

(01:20:25) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 139/49693 [1341 points / 99 battles]! *I suck at laddering*

What is the best EV spread for a gliscor?

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    What is the best EV spread for a gliscor?
    If your asking this question tell us more about your Gliscor.

You can use Gliscor in many ways.. Lead-Sweeper-Pshy,waller-Passer
    Each roll has a diffrent EV spread.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Alright, my TRU Axew was just hatched. I have some questions, however.

-What should I EV it in? (He has PKRS)
    -What Pokemon are good for training him?
    -Can I EV train him via Exp. Share?

Please answer!
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1355-2485 (Missingno.)
    Friend Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Galvantula (Electric)

PM me if you added me!

Quote Originally Posted by VolcaronaZero View Post
    Alright, my TRU Axew was just hatched. I have some questions, however.

-What should I EV it in? (He has PKRS)
    -What Pokemon are good for training him?
    -Can I EV train him via Exp. Share?

Please answer!
    I'd personally go for Atk and Speed if it's a good nature. For Atk you can train on Route 1 as they all give 1 Atk EV each (Dragonspiral Tower is the same except for Druddigon as that gives 2 Atk EVs)

As for Speed, Basculin. That's all you need, 2 Speed EVs every time you beat one.

You can train using the Exp Share yes
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Oh HERE'S the IV Training thread :\ I was looking it up under "Breeding..."

... Alright, here's the question that I tried to make a thread about, not knowing that this was here:

If I have two flawless parents, will their offspring be flawless or is it still a guessing game? Is it possible to breed Pokemon repeatedly and make my way up to a flawless Pokemon or is it still a huge guessing game?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaylexFayte View Post
    Oh HERE'S the IV Training thread :\ I was looking it up under "Breeding..."

... Alright, here's the question that I tried to make a thread about, not knowing that this was here:

If I have two flawless parents, will their offspring be flawless or is it still a guessing game? Is it possible to breed Pokemon repeatedly and make my way up to a flawless Pokemon or is it still a huge guessing game?
    The offspring inherits 3 IVs from its parents and the rest are random. You can use a Power item on one of the parents to always force that particular IV on the offspring
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

i am ev training my adamant axew, and am planning to give it 252 ev's in attack. but it's only level 1 so the patrat on route 1 keep killing it, so is their a way to give it ev's without putting it at risk of being fainted. also, it has pokerus, and currently is untouched.
    Gotcha, Licklicky was claimed in the official thread!
    (licklicky's data was added to your signature)

White FC - Geoff - 2666 1958 1841
    † I am a Christian! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by SlipKnoT View Post
    Stick it inside her and pee, obv.

Quote Originally Posted by nunzio722 View Post
    i am ev training my adamant axew, and am planning to give it 252 ev's in attack. but it's only level 1 so the patrat on route 1 keep killing it, so is their a way to give it ev's without putting it at risk of being fainted. also, it has pokerus, and currently is untouched.
    Exp Share or if you just want to level it up without giving it EVs then Rare Candy or the Daycare Centre works

Hi, I am new to EV training, I have read the guide and still have a couple of questions...

First: Is there a guide that tells you the EV points given by various Pokemon?
    e.g. If I want to EV train in speed could I find a list of all Pokemon that give a point in speed?

Second: Which Pokemon give EV points and how?
    e.g. Do you only get EV points from wild Pokemon encounters, or does it apply to trainer battles as well?

Thanks for this, I am a bit of a noob :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skandy View Post
    Hi, I am new to EV training, I have read the guide and still have a couple of questions...

First: Is there a guide that tells you the EV points given by various Pokemon?
    e.g. If I want to EV train in speed could I find a list of all Pokemon that give a point in speed?

Second: Which Pokemon give EV points and how?
    e.g. Do you only get EV points from wild Pokemon encounters, or does it apply to trainer battles as well?

Thanks for this, I am a bit of a noob :P
    On here you can click on By Effort Values and it should give you what you want

All Pokémon that you beat gives EVs, if a Pokémon gets exp from the battle then it also gets EVs. Both trainer battles and wild

I've never IV Trained so help me out. I heard that Japanese flawless dittos of each nature are good for IV training and, when breeded, a good chance of a shiny. I've also heard that if you have rare candies, up your pokčmon to level 50, check its IVs and reset, you can find out if its flawless. But the IV calculator looks so confusing and it would be a pain to get 2,400 battle points for rare candies. I also heard of the everstone + power item thing. Can someone please help me out?
    Friend Code: 5329-0653-7118

I EV Train For Items/DW Pokčmon!

Spoiler:- MM Shiny Target:

Quote Originally Posted by Donovansrb10 View Post
    I've never IV Trained so help me out. I heard that Japanese flawless dittos of each nature are good for IV training and, when breeded, a good chance of a shiny. I've also heard that if you have rare candies, up your pokčmon to level 50, check its IVs and reset, you can find out if its flawless. But the IV calculator looks so confusing and it would be a pain to get 2,400 battle points for rare candies. I also heard of the everstone + power item thing. Can someone please help me out?
    When Pokémon breed, the offspring inherits 3 IVs from its parents so if you have flawless parents it will have at least three 31 IV stats.

When you breed with a foreign language Pokémon the offspring has a 1/1366 chance of being a Shiny Pokémon.

You don't need to use rare candies as you can just go to the Battle Subway write down your stats and then insert them in an IV calculator and it will calculate your Pokémon's IVs

If one parent holds an everstone while breeding, the offspring has a 50% chance of sharing the same nature.

If you attach a power item to one of the parents, all offspring will share the relating IV stat of that particular parent.

I hope that helps

^IV calculators are very confusing. Maybe I should stick with natures and EV training...
    -
    So, which would be better (I'm thinking the second choice, BTW)
    Option 1: Breed azurimon's DW female poliwag holding power lens with rash male japanese polioted/rash japanese ditto
    -
    Option 2: Breed azurimon's DW poliwag holding power lens with male japanese polioted/japanese ditto to get a male modest poliwag holding a everstone to mate with azurimon's poliwag.
    -
    Which would get me a shiny modest faster?

Depends if your main priority is getting a modest shiny. I've no idea what your final goal is

^IV calculators are very confusing. Maybe I should stick with natures and EV training...
    -
    So, which would be better (I'm thinking the second choice, BTW)
    Option 1: Breed azurimon's DW female poliwag holding power lens with rash male japanese polioted/rash japanese ditto
    -
    Option 2: Breed azurimon's DW poliwag holding power lens with male japanese polioted/japanese ditto to get a male modest poliwag holding a everstone to mate with azurimon's poliwag.
    -
    Which would get me a shiny modest faster?
    If you're going for DW ability, then you won't be able to use a Ditto, unfortunately. The females only pass the DW abilities down when bred with a pokemon that is not Ditto, I believe. D=

But you could always breed for a good father with a ditto, I suppose. =)
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

^I can use my Male Polioted to breed a male modest poliwag to train to learn moves to breed with DW poliwag then. =D
    ^^Points Below ↓
    -
    Father Poliwag:
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Everstone
    OT: me
    Moveset:
    Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
    Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
    Ice Beam
    Psychic/???
    -
    Mother Poliwag:
    Ability: Dream World Ability
    Item: Power Lens
    OT: azurimon
    -
    I'm trying to get any Shiny Modest DW Poliwag to evolve to Polioted with drizzle. So, would this work in at least 4000 hatches? They have a 70% chance of getting a egg, and I have a flame body pokčmon.
    Last edited by Donovansrb10; 31st May 2011 at 3:31 PM. Reason: Lol, forgot names. :P

^I can use my Male Polioted to breed a male modest poliwag to train to learn moves to breed with DW poliwag then. =D
    ^^Points Below ↓
    -
    Father Poliwag:
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Everstone
    OT: me
    Moveset:
    Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
    Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
    Ice Beam
    Psychic/???
    -
    Mother Poliwag:
    Ability: Dream World Ability
    Item: Power Lens
    OT: azurimon
    -
    I'm trying to get any Shiny Modest DW Poliwag to evolve to Polioted with drizzle. So, would this work in at least 4000 hatches? They have a 70% chance of getting a egg, and I have a flame body pokčmon.
    Basically you want a Shiny Modest Poliwag with Swift Swim. What do you want with IVs? What about egg moves?

To get that Shiny Modest Poliwag with Swift Swim you just need a male Poliwag with the moves you want (holding an everstone if it's a Modest one) breeding with a female Dream World Poliwag (holding an everstone if it's a Modest one)

Either the male or the female has to be a foreign language one to increase your shiny chance

^Well, I don't know anyone that have a japanese pokemon b/w and would be nice enough to give me a modest one so, I'll just search the GTS and hope I get lucky. Oh, I wanted good IVs in Special Attack
    -
    EDIT: I got a modest male japanese poliwag on my 2nd trade!
    Thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by Donovansrb10; 31st May 2011 at 4:08 PM.

I have a major question revolving passing down natures via Everstone method. Since I'm trying to get several Modest Deino's - currently breeding a
    Ditto (Naive) Female and a Deino (Modest) Male would attatching the Everstone to the Male mean that the offspring had a 50% boosted chance of being Modest or would they still stay Naive?

Help level up my flaming Zorua ;D

Black FC; 3138-6580-4283 | | Current Goal; Breeding Deino w/ Dark Pulse please mail me with offers if you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Concordia View Post
    I have a major question revolving passing down natures via Everstone method. Since I'm trying to get several Modest Deino's - currently breeding a
    Ditto (Naive) Female and a Deino (Modest) Male would attatching the Everstone to the Male mean that the offspring had a 50% boosted chance of being Modest or would they still stay Naive?
    It would have a 50% chance of being the nature of the pokčmon that you gave the item to.

Is there any possible way to get the ev reducing berries on Pokemon whit?

Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast