Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vyra7 View Post
    Is there any possible way to get the ev reducing berries on Pokemon whit?
    Yes, you can get them from the Dream World.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

ferroseed = likes being every nature EXCEPT relaxed

admitted, im not using an everstone, but still :/
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Default Hello

Im EV'ing my flawless shiny eevvee and its timid so what should i evolve it to and evs shud i use?

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Im EV'ing my flawless shiny eevvee and its timid so what should i evolve it to and evs shud i use?
    jolteon flareon is physical and espeon doesnt generally function well under the speed boost ive found
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

How do you guys ev train without kiling yourself? I was training my piplup and after killing 30 jellicent I quit cause it was boring as ****. Also, what is the difference between EV training and IV training?
    Pokemon Black Friend Code- 2279 6776 3560

Quote Originally Posted by RealFlex View Post
    How do you guys ev train without kiling yourself? I was training my piplup and after killing 30 jellicent I quit cause it was boring as ****. Also, what is the difference between EV training and IV training?
    It's not hard if you have Pokerus, Power items, and cash to spend on steroids.

You can't train IVs. You have to breed for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFlex View Post
    It takes patience. Use the Power Items found in the Battle Subway, and Pokerus to speed up the proccess. If you want a Pokemon to be trained properly, as far as competitive battles go, then learn to have patience.

IVs are like the Pokemon's DNA, more or less. They are set - and can not be changed - upon meeting or hatching the Pokemon. They determine the way the Pokemon gains stat points. In essence, you can not "IV train."

EVs can be added to your Pokemon by battling other Pokemon in-game. Any Pokemon can have the same EV distribution (unlike IVs - though, there are some methods to obtain amazing IVs ), despite its species, or any other factor such as gender or level, when manipulated properly. Certain Pokemon give your Pokemon certain EVs when defeated, in addition to EXP points.

Check out the IVs and EVs pages here at Serebii for a more in-depth explanation of how both work, and what they do.

If you already have a Pokemon with the natures and iv you think you want, the best way to start out is by buying Proteins, Calcium, etc. and giving them to your Pokemon. They can be found at Mall Nine and you can give your pokemon ten of each.
    Example: You could give ten proteins to an Adamant natured Pokemon, to increase its attack, and ten carbos to increase speed. You cannot give more than ten of any "drug" to a Pokemon however.
    Pearl FC: 4167 2268 2779

Will rescue. PMD Sky FC: 2278-7583-8750

Can effort value train pokemon and breed natures and individual values. I can also offer Pokerus and battle subway items. I am always looking for the wings that you find on bridges, however not the pretty wing. Ex: Health Wing
    White FC: 1936 0779 7503

another dumb question lol. When you're ev training, when lets say a chimchar evolves do the ev's reset or the count of pokemon it has killed?
    Pokemon Black Friend Code- 2279 6776 3560

nope. EVs stay where they are.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

I have a question, i wanna breed a Cryogonal but its genderless so i need the Cryogonal plus a Ditto, so i can only IV breed for good IV's is the ditto get wonderful IV's??
    3DS Friend Code: 1075 0759 9103
    Friend Safari: Swirlix, Togepi, Floette.

Looking for X/Y Exclusive MegaStones (PM to offers)

If your first language is spanish let me know, we can talk in that language for better comunication i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2good View Post
    I have a question, i wanna breed a Cryogonal but its genderless so i need the Cryogonal plus a Ditto, so i can only IV breed for good IV's is the ditto get wonderful IV's??
    The offspring inherits 3 IVs from either parent.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Anyone have any good movesets and Evs etc. for a trubbish???

Quote Originally Posted by wearjo View Post
    Anyone have any good movesets and Evs etc. for a trubbish???
    Not really.

Smogon Trubbish
    Smogon Garbador

It could work well, as a Tank in UU.
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

I got a question. I tried to IV breed pokemon in the past but it didnt realy work out cuz the calculator never told me what are the real IVs cuz the pokemon were too low lvl. So i was wondering if i just put the pokemon into daycare to lets say lvl 20, will i be able to calculate IVs than or doas the pokemon in daycare get EVs added or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nata View Post
    I got a question. I tried to IV breed pokemon in the past but it didnt realy work out cuz the calculator never told me what are the real IVs cuz the pokemon were too low lvl. So i was wondering if i just put the pokemon into daycare to lets say lvl 20, will i be able to calculate IVs than or doas the pokemon in daycare get EVs added or something?
    Daycare does not add EVs at all. You can go to the Battle Subway as they auto level your Pokémon to Lv50 and then record the stats.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I have a naughty shiny golett that I want to EV train... how should I go about it?
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

FC:3611-6818-3138

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnfn View Post
    I have a naughty shiny golett that I want to EV train... how should I go about it?
    EV train it in HP/Attack. Smogon recommends 48 speed to outspeed and 2 hit KO 0/4 speed Jellicent. 252 Attack, 208 HP, 48 Speed or 252 HP if you don't care about outspeeding Jellicent.

Ok I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this (if I've broken the rules, I really didnt mean to), but check my sig for what I need help with regarding this topic

Thanks
    I'm a pretty decent EV Trainer, if you want anything EV'd, gimme a shout

Playing Pokemon Black 2 now, so I'll be able to gather some 5th Gen Hidden Ability 'mon

Woot! Got me a Keldeo and Meloetta

Quote Originally Posted by Wilz88 View Post
    Ok I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this (if I've broken the rules, I really didnt mean to), but check my sig for what I need help with regarding this topic

Thanks
    You need help with IV breeding? The hardest part about IV breeding is getting prepared. You will want a Ditto of almost every nature. Just go to the Giant Chasm and catch a bunch of Dittos until you get every nature you want. You can use synchronize Pokemon (elgyem?) to help with the process. If the synchronize Pokemon is the first in your party the Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as the synchronizer 50% of the time.

After you get your Dittos with the natures that you want you will want a few more Dittos. The next Dittos will need to have 31 IV. You will want 1 Ditto with 31 IV for each stat so a total of 6 more Dittos. Instead of catching 6 Dittos, you can use 1 flawless Ditto (31 IV in all stats). I can trade you one when I'm not busy.

Next you need the power items. Each is 16 BP in the battle subway. You need an everstone too. Wild Roggenrola's have them 50% of the time.

The first step in IV breeding is to get the nature onto one of the parents. Take one of your Dittos with the desired nature, give Ditto the everstone and breed it with the Pokemon until you hatch an egg with the right nature.

Next take the Pokemon you just bred and give it the everstone. Give your flawless Ditto one of the power items. Put both of them in the daycare and wait for an egg. The hatched Pokemon will have 31 IV in the stat that you gave the Ditto a power item for. If you're using a completely flawless Ditto the hatched Pokemon might have more than 1 stat with 31 IV.
    3 stats are passed down from either parents and the other 3 are random.

You will want to occasionally replace the parent. For example, let's say you start with a 4/7/22/18/5/8 Timid Eevee and you a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto. You equip the power item for speed to your Ditto and the everstone to your Eevee. After a few eggs you get a 31/7/9/18/5/31 Timid Eevee
    You would remove your old Eevee from the daycare and replace it with the new Eevee because the new Eevee has better IVs.

You can use the battle subway to check IVs quickly. The guy will say something like "it can't be better in that regard" if it has 31 IV in that stat.
    You might want to get lots of rare candies to help with checking IVs too. The reason you might prefer rare candies over the battle subway judge is because the judge will only tell you about the highest stats. Let's say you hatch a 29/4/25/31/28/30 Eevee. If you only use the subway judge you might release it thinking that it's no good because the judge will only tell you it has 1 stat that is 31 but if you actually checked the IVs you would see that's it's actually pretty good 'cause everything is close to 31.
    You can also use the battle subway to autolevel Pokemon to Lv. 50 and check their IVs if you don't have rare candies.

Breeding for hidden powers is more complicated but possible too. Btw, you should consider RNGing if you want good IV Pokemon but if you don't want to/can't RNG, IV breeding works fine too. You can easily get triple flawless Pokemon via IV breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    You need help with IV breeding? The hardest part about IV breeding is getting prepared. You will want a Ditto of almost every nature. Just go to the Giant Chasm and catch a bunch of Dittos until you get every nature you want. You can use synchronize Pokemon (elgyem?) to help with the process. If the synchronize Pokemon is the first in your party the Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as the synchronizer 50% of the time.

After you get your Dittos with the natures that you want you will want a few more Dittos. The next Dittos will need to have 31 IV. You will want 1 Ditto with 31 IV for each stat so a total of 6 more Dittos. Instead of catching 6 Dittos, you can use 1 flawless Ditto (31 IV in all stats). I can trade you one when I'm not busy.

Next you need the power items. Each is 16 BP in the battle subway. You need an everstone too. Wild Roggenrola's have them 50% of the time.

The first step in IV breeding is to get the nature onto one of the parents. Take one of your Dittos with the desired nature, give Ditto the everstone and breed it with the Pokemon until you hatch an egg with the right nature.

Next take the Pokemon you just bred and give it the everstone. Give your flawless Ditto one of the power items. Put both of them in the daycare and wait for an egg. The hatched Pokemon will have 31 IV in the stat that you gave the Ditto a power item for. If you're using a completely flawless Ditto the hatched Pokemon might have more than 1 stat with 31 IV.
    3 stats are passed down from either parents and the other 3 are random.

You will want to occasionally replace the parent. For example, let's say you start with a 4/7/22/18/5/8 Timid Eevee and you a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto. You equip the power item for speed to your Ditto and the everstone to your Eevee. After a few eggs you get a 31/7/9/18/5/31 Timid Eevee
    You would remove your old Eevee from the daycare and replace it with the new Eevee because the new Eevee has better IVs.

You can use the battle subway to check IVs quickly. The guy will say something like "it can't be better in that regard" if it has 31 IV in that stat.
    You might want to get lots of rare candies to help with checking IVs too. The reason you might prefer rare candies over the battle subway judge is because the judge will only tell you about the highest stats. Let's say you hatch a 29/4/25/31/28/30 Eevee. If you only use the subway judge you might release it thinking that it's no good because the judge will only tell you it has 1 stat that is 31 but if you actually checked the IVs you would see that's it's actually pretty good 'cause everything is close to 31.
    You can also use the battle subway to autolevel Pokemon to Lv. 50 and check their IVs if you don't have rare candies.

Breeding for hidden powers is more complicated but possible too. Btw, you should consider RNGing if you want good IV Pokemon but if you don't want to/can't RNG, IV breeding works fine too. You can easily get triple flawless Pokemon via IV breeding.
    Thanks, it'd be very useful if you could trade me a Ditto for IV breeding, PM whenevers a good time

Also this information is very useful, so I'm going to write it down.....so I don't forget
    I'm a pretty decent EV Trainer, if you want anything EV'd, gimme a shout

Playing Pokemon Black 2 now, so I'll be able to gather some 5th Gen Hidden Ability 'mon

Woot! Got me a Keldeo and Meloetta

Quick question regarding ev-training:

So I've been ev-training a few pokes in Special Defense and I decided to take the route of killing Gothitas. Things were going swell until it used embargo (which nullifies the macho brace).

My question is: since the macho brace is rendered useless, does that mean that the evs gained from the battle are affected? The battle is over, so I'm assuming that it would still double the evs, but I'd rather know for sure. Out of paranoia, I've done this leg of the training last.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Hi all. I'm looking at doing my first EV training effort with a Deino/Hydreigon being my choice of pokemon. What I'm trying to figure out are the numbers of wild pokemon I'll need to battle for optimal EV stats. Here's what I've got so far:

Deino
    Modest nature
    EV Breakdown: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Eventual Moveset:
    Draco Meteor
    U-Turn
    Fire Blast
    Focus Blast

For EV Training here's what I've got and where I need the numbers:

SpA
    10 Calcium
    ? Litwicks while wearing the Power Lens
    ? Genius Wings

Spe
    10 Carbos
    ? Basculins while wearing the Power Anklet
    ? Swift Wings

HP
    ? Stunfisks

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are your Pokémon infected with Pokérus?

Quote Originally Posted by chipch13 View Post
    Hi all. I'm looking at doing my first EV training effort with a Deino/Hydreigon being my choice of pokemon. What I'm trying to figure out are the numbers of wild pokemon I'll need to battle for optimal EV stats. Here's what I've got so far:

Deino
    Modest nature
    EV Breakdown: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Eventual Moveset:
    Draco Meteor
    U-Turn
    Fire Blast
    Focus Blast

For EV Training here's what I've got and where I need the numbers:

SpA
    10 Calcium
    ? Litwicks while wearing the Power Lens
    ? Genius Wings

Spe
    10 Carbos
    ? Basculins while wearing the Power Anklet
    ? Swift Wings

HP
    ? Stunfisks

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Have you got Pokerus?

Pokerus:

10 Calcium
    10 Carbos
    15 Litwick (And then 1, without the Power Item)
    12 Basculin (And then 2, without the Power Item)
    1 Stunfisk, without the Power Item

No Pokerus:

10 Calcium
    10 Carbos
    30 Litwick (And then 2, without the Power Item)
    25 Basculin (And then, 1 without the Power Item)
    2 Stunfisk, without the Power Item.

Hope this helps!
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast