Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

No Pokerus. What's the easiest way to catch the Pokerus?

Thanks for those numbers! Could I ask how you calculated those? This gives me a fantastic start but I want to know how to run the numbers myself so that I don't have to pester you guys every time I'm hyper-training.

Quote Originally Posted by chipch13 View Post
    No Pokerus. What's the easiest way to catch the Pokerus?

Thanks for those numbers! Could I ask how you calculated those? This gives me a fantastic start but I want to know how to run the numbers myself so that I don't have to pester you guys every time I'm hyper-training.
    This is actually quite a useful tool for those EV training

As for getting Pokérus, the easiest way is to trade with someone who has an infected Pokémon with it
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Does your Pokemon accumulate Evs against a trainers pokemon or is it just wild?

What should I EV train Tepig and Oshawott in?

Pokemon White FC: 4126-6350-0643

Trade Shop | Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    Does your Pokemon accumulate Evs against a trainers pokemon or is it just wild?
    All Pokémon, wild or trainers
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

im training a valcorona up to be a sp. sweeper. it has 31 speed ivs but only 6spattck ivs. it also has a sp attack boosting nature. should i continue to ev train it.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Volt Trainer View Post
    im training a valcorona up to be a sp. sweeper. it has 31 speed ivs but only 6spattck ivs. it also has a sp attack boosting nature. should i continue to ev train it.
    It can still be perfectally good but if you want it to be the best it can be, no.

Sig credit: Extroph. I still love you Azu!! And pkmnfn for the userbar :3

Psychotic Revolution Xat

(01:20:25) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 139/49693 [1341 points / 99 battles]! *I suck at laddering*

Quote Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
    It can still be perfectally good but if you want it to be the best it can be, no.
    While I more then prefer good IVs I am occasionally tempted to ignore em, having a great SPat rather than a perfect SPat sometimes seems fine to me :P

Depends on this and that, you won't be 100% awful by any means :P

Black FC= 0305 1181 5627
    3DS FC = 0103 9951 6690

Thx i think im gonna keep eving this one.

Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

I have a silly question. I'm training a Shellder and it has pkrs as well as the power anklet(speed). I battle about 2 Basculin. How many EV's in speed is that. Does the pkrs double the power anklet?

pkrs doubles the combined total of evs. so if u beat one basculine thats a speed ev and then its 4 evs in speed for the anklet. then add and double so 10 speed evs per basculin.
    Last edited by The Oncoming Storm; 7th June 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Do Pokerus still double your EVs even if it goes away?

Quote Originally Posted by Volt Trainer View Post
    pkrs doubles the combined total of evs. so if u beat one basculine thats a speed ev and then its 4 evs in speed for the anklet. then add and double so 10 speed evs per basculin.
    Except Basculins give 2 Speed Evs so the final the total would be 12 Speed EVs in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex101 View Post
    Do Pokerus still double your EVs even if it goes away?
    Pokérus never goes away, you just lose the ability to spread it to other Pokémon

hey guys got a question...I just want to make sure im correct on this...Does the nature have more effect on the pokemon then the personality?....for example, I want to ev train my shiny charizard all over again cuaz i found out i messed up the ev training due to i was trying to ev train the wrong places...its a brave nature but has a sterdy body...so the brave nature would be more effect on the pokemon's attack, and the defense would be second or won't effect that much at all or what?...Also, I heard that there are berries that decrease the certian areas of hp,sp. def., and etc...I just want to make sure my logic is correct can some help please...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hey guys got a question...I just want to make sure im correct on this...Does the nature have more effect on the pokemon then the personality?....for example, I want to ev train my shiny charizard all over again cuaz i found out i messed up the ev training due to i was trying to ev train the wrong places...its a brave nature but has a sterdy body...so the brave nature would be more effect on the pokemon's attack, and the defense would be second or won't effect that much at all or what?...Also, I heard that there are berries that decrease the certian areas of hp,sp. def., and etc...I just want to make sure my logic is correct can some help please...
    Nature and Characteristics are two separate things

The nature means that for certain natures a boost will be given to a stat while decreasing another.

The Brave nature means your Charizard will have a boost in Atk while its Speed will be decreased

For the Characteristics, those relate to the Pokémon's IVs and don't really serve a purpose other than telling you what your Pokémon's highest IV is. Preferably you'd want good IVs in the stat that gains a boost by the nature.

The berries you're referring to are EV reducing berries which simply reduces EVs of Pokémon and aren't affected or can affect natures or IVs

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Nature and Characteristics are two separate things

The nature means that for certain natures a boost will be given to a stat while decreasing another.

The Brave nature means your Charizard will have a boost in Atk while its Speed will be decreased

For the Characteristics, those relate to the Pokémon's IVs and don't really serve a purpose other than telling you what your Pokémon's highest IV is. Preferably you'd want good IVs in the stat that gains a boost by the nature.

The berries you're referring to are EV reducing berries which simply reduces EVs of Pokémon and aren't affected or can affect natures or IVs
    so are you trying to say that the nature needs to match the characteristics?...I new about the attack gain and speed gain but thank you for explaining indeep though....So highest Iv what do you mean by this?...still a beginner on ev train so just grasping the concept thats all....

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Just eved my Duscops! i love the set lol
    3ds 0860-3328-3384
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zx4emh.png[/IMG]

This is a very handy guide explaining EVs, IVs and natures

C+P-ed from the previous page cause I was ignored:

Quick question regarding ev-training:

So I've been ev-training a few pokes in Special Defense and I decided to take the route of killing Gothitas. Things were going swell until it used embargo (which nullifies the macho brace).

My question is: since the macho brace is rendered useless, does that mean that the evs gained from the battle are affected? The battle is over, so I'm assuming that it would still double the evs, but I'd rather know for sure. Out of paranoia, I've done this leg of the training last.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

tl;dr: Will embargo ruin the evs gained at the end of the battle since it negates the macho brace during the battle?
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

It shouldn't affect the EVs at all, but how come you're battling Gothitas for Special Defence EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    It shouldn't affect the EVs at all, but how come you're battling Gothitas for Special Defence EVs?
    Because he hasn't realized that Frillish gives Sp.Def EVs and appears 100% of the time on certain routes?

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    Because he hasn't realized that Frillish gives Sp.Def EVs and appears 100% of the time on certain routes?
    Don't have anything that can surf around that I wouldn't mind giving pokerus. But yeah, that's prolly the better route. I'll try it next time. Don't judge me. =P
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Quote Originally Posted by Pikawho? View Post
    Don't have anything that can surf around that I wouldn't mind giving pokerus. But yeah, that's prolly the better route. I'll try it next time. Don't judge me. =P
    nothing that can surf? dont feel bad about spreading pokerus to anyone on your team. theres no penalty. is it a personal choice to not pass pokerus on?
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

An even better route if you can get there is Volcarona's Chambers where you'll run into Claydols 100% of the time and they give 2 SpDef EVs and a decent amount of exp

So as you may or may not know, I have recently acquired a shiny Adamant-natured Intimidate Shinx. I don't think that I'll ever obtain anything this promising again, so I would like to know a good place to EV train it. Currently I'm just beating up Patrat and (sadly) Lillipup in Route 1, but I'd like to know if there's a better place.

3DS FC: 1719-3694-1541

Shinies (Not counting trades)

Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast