Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

wats a good nature nd EV spread 4 a non trickroom Gigalith?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas013 View Post
    wats a good nature nd EV spread 4 a non trickroom Gigalith?
    Adamant, 252HP/252Attack

@Zuzu14 thanx i jus finishd EVn a Adamant Roggenrola 252Hp/ 252Atk/ 6Def

Goodness. I never realized the benefits of power items. How did I ever survive before them. I have nightmares thinking about EV training back in Platinum. Oh dear goodness. All I had was Pokerus and unlimited cash for vitamins. *sigh*

But NOW, I have Pokerus and Power Items! And I've never fully EV trained so many pokemon in one day. Though it KILLED me to get enough BP for the Attack power item, because I already grinded for BP for Speed and Sp. Atk. Gaah. Now I need money for the stupid vitamins. *sigh*

Though I think IV breeding is soo much more tedious. And I'm not even really picky. I just breed for 2 perfect IV's and a standard rating of "relatively superior". Though I did have to settled for 3 perfect IV's and a "above average". Haha. No outstanding's this time though. In Platinum I think breeded two 'outstanding' ones. But relatively superior isn't too bad. I don't have the patience to breed for 2 perfect IV's, nature, gender, ability AND outstanding, so I settle for relatively superior.

Now to train the second half of my Black&White team.

A new generation of Pokemon has begun.
    The Kalos region awaits. Prepare yourself...

^I find breeding isn't too bad once you get one really good parent through luck, so long as you don't have to worry about gender or ability. I managed to get this amazing quadruple flawless Litwick, which made breeding for Reuniclus and Jellicent super easy, but though Reuniclus came fairly quickly with magic guard, I still don't have a male Water Absorb Jellicent...

Everstone+Power Item makes breeding wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Panda View Post
    The meaning of life is whatever we want it to be - us as humans have the responsibility to apply meaning to your life.

^Haha. Everstone + Power Item is really useful. I have off and on luck with breeding. Some I get in one breeding section, but some take days. Sometimes I have that "they get along" and they take forever and forever to breed, and sometimes I have "they don't seem to like each other much" and I have eggs popping out the wazoo. Aand I'm too picky with gender, which isn't helpful when my pokemon seem to only produce females when I want males and only males when I want females. *sigh*

Like stupid Axew. Not only does it take forever to hatch, even with Flame Body, but it would have the wrong ability, 75% female (I'm still not sure what was going on), and always have either perfect Speed or perfect Attack, but never both. Because one held the power item, for speed, so they all had speed, but the second IV passed down never happened to be Attack. Go figure. Aand I had an everstone to keep an Adamant nature.

Took freaking forever. Stupid Axew. I haven't EV trained it yet. Just looking at it in my box makes me irritated. [/over-exaggeration]

A new generation of Pokemon has begun.
    The Kalos region awaits. Prepare yourself...

After reading some articles, I actually have a conkeldurr who's adamant and it says it likes to smash things, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the best you can get right?
    Last edited by EmbracedSword; 18th June 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Another day, I hatched:

Litwick Modest 20/x/31/31/31/15 ( Flash Fire )

I don't RNG! I'm training it right now.

Tell me the fastest way to max EV train in HP (without feathers, and with Pokérus, Power Items, Vitamins and a Pokémon with 1 EV point in HP). How should I do in order to get 252 EV in HP?

Quote Originally Posted by ccst View Post
    Tell me the fastest way to max EV train in HP (without feathers, and with Pokérus, Power Items, Vitamins and a Pokémon with 1 EV point in HP). How should I do in order to get 252 EV in HP?
    With Pokérus and Power Weight just fight Victini (if you haven't caught it) which would give you 14 HP EVs per battle or Stunfisk which would give you 12 HP EVs per battle
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by EmbracedSword View Post
    After reading some articles, I actually have a conkeldurr who's adamant and it says it likes to smash things, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the best you can get right?
    The best way is to go to the IV checker and see if he says that the Attack stat can't be any better.

Need help please, need someone to tell me whats the best nature for the following pokemon please.
    Snivy
    Munna
    Axew
    Litwick
    Tynamo
    Woobat
    Sandile
    Deino
    Please and Thanks
    Current MM Target

990 Eggs

FC 2923 8539 2475 FC 4684 9907 8564
    FC 0087 1895 8210 FC 0518 8626 7329
    FC 2923 6766 9734
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/2eld1d2.gif[/IMG]

Hey guyz ive been ev training all Unova pokemon and now i need a good moveset and evs for an adamant cobalion help will be appreciated thx XD

Quote Originally Posted by wearjo View Post
    Hey guyz ive been ev training all Unova pokemon and now i need a good moveset and evs for an adamant cobalion help will be appreciated thx XD
    Iron Head, Swords Dance, Sacred Sword and Close Combat.
    Subscribe for Pokémon, Sonic, League of Legends, and more Videogame antics! c:

Speedruns:
    Sonic Lost World Any% - TBD (WR is ??? by DsS) (Wii U)
    Bible Adventures (Baby Moses) - TBD (WR is 1:53 by Flower Time) (NES)
    Ratchet & Clank 3 UYA - TBD (WR is 1:27:19 by insomniacnintendo) (PS2/3)
        Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

I've been IV/Nature/Moveset breeding Mienfoos and Eevees for a couple weeks now. I think I came across a glitch a few days ago...

After a few generations of Mienfoos I began using two level 1 parents with the same moveset (Usually I EV train and level the parents so they won't lose the moveset... I have a lot of patience) . When the first few eggs hatched, they had the full moveset, and I was a little surprised. I hatched eggs for about an hour and every single one had the same moveset (Fake Out, Jump Kick, Acrobatics, and U-turn). However, when I got the last egg and took back the parents, they were both level 26 with the moveset Fake Out, DoubleSlap, Swift, and Calm Mind... not one of the offspring has any of these moves, even though it's obvious the parents picked them up throughout his and her stay in daycare.

Here is all the info on the parents for those of you who might be data hungry:

Lvl 1 Adamant Male Mienfoo, Inner Focus, 10/31/06/16/14/31 Holding an Everstone

Lvl 1 Calm Female Mienfoo (Mienshawna), Regenerator, 20/31/30/16/24/04 Holding a Power Bracer

Best result before I moved onto Eevees after getting sick of seeing Mienfoos was:
    Adamant Female Regenerator 10/31/28/26/14/31 with the desired moveset

Anyway, has anyone seen this happen before?
    Last edited by Uniquekind; 19th June 2011 at 4:58 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple typing errors
    Pokemon Breeder

Black FC: 0905-3629-3974

Currently Breeding:
    Mienfoo/Adamant/Regenrator/31 Atk/ 31 Spd/
    Moves: Fake Out/Hi Jump Kick/ Aerobics/ U-turn

Eevee/Modest/Adaptability/31 S.Atk/31 Spd/
    Moves: Covet/ Yawn/ Bite/ Shadowball

If you breed two of the same specie Pokémon and they both know a move that they learn while levelling up then the offspring will gain that move as well.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I'm fully aware of that, as that is a breeding basic. What I have never seen is all of the offspring having the original moveset even as the parents moveset change while in daycare. When the parents hit lvl 17 Doubleslap replaced a move, yet that change was not passed on, then at level 21 the parents learned Swift, which was also not passed on, and finally at level 25 they learned Calm Mind which was not passed on either--meaning the eggs were still getting the original moveset even though the parents moves had almost completely changed... The last few eggs should have had the moves the parents had when I removed them from daycare, yet every single egg had the original set... I've never seen that in all my years of breeding.
    Pokemon Breeder

Currently Breeding:

so got a question may be silly....how to train the ivs of pokemon? the characteristics as i must say?...I know natures are more important then the characteristics and natures have to be trained with the right evs but how does the ivs work?....still learning...

This site has an excellent guide for both IV breeding and EV training. Check them out.

http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
    Last edited by Uniquekind; 19th June 2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    Pokemon Breeder

Currently Breeding:

Quote Originally Posted by Uniquekind View Post
    I'm fully aware of that, as that is a breeding basic. What I have never seen is all of the offspring having the original moveset even as the parents moveset change while in daycare. When the parents hit lvl 17 Doubleslap replaced a move, yet that change was not passed on, then at level 21 the parents learned Swift, which was also not passed on, and finally at level 25 they learned Calm Mind which was not passed on either--meaning the eggs were still getting the original moveset even though the parents moves had almost completely changed... The last few eggs should have had the moves the parents had when I removed them from daycare, yet every single egg had the original set... I've never seen that in all my years of breeding.
    Maybe you weren't paying attention before but that's how it's always worked. The game doesn't update the parents moves until you remove them from the daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    so got a question may be silly....how to train the ivs of pokemon? the characteristics as i must say?...I know natures are more important then the characteristics and natures have to be trained with the right evs but how does the ivs work?....still learning...
    You don't "train" IVs. IVs are like genes. They're determined when the Pokemon is caught/hatched and they never change. Only thing you can do is catch a bunch of Pokemon/Soft reset until you get one with good IVs or you can breed for IVs. In breeding 3 IVs are passed from the parents so if one of the parents has good IVs, there's a good chance the offspring will also have good IVs. You can also use a Power item to pass down 1 IV 100% of the time and in that case 2 other IVs will be passed down from the parents. The last 3 IVs are always generated randomly. This means it's quite easy to get Pokemon with 3 flawless (31) IVs but anything more than that will require a lot of luck.

I made a little post on IV breeding: here

Maybe you weren't paying attention before but that's how it's always worked. The game doesn't update the parents moves until you remove them from the daycare.
    Ah. I never noticed this because my parent pokemon are usually leveled beyond learning new moves to avoid wasting a heart scale replacing an overwritten move. This was the first time I used level 1's as parents >.<
    Pokemon Breeder

Currently Breeding:

Wait, so whilst breeding for egg moves I needn't have worried about the move being erased through level up in the daycare?

Why didn't anyone tell me this before? XD

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post

You don't "train" IVs. IVs are like genes. They're determined when the Pokemon is caught/hatched and they never change. Only thing you can do is catch a bunch of Pokemon/Soft reset until you get one with good IVs or you can breed for IVs. In breeding 3 IVs are passed from the parents so if one of the parents has good IVs, there's a good chance the offspring will also have good IVs. You can also use a Power item to pass down 1 IV 100% of the time and in that case 2 other IVs will be passed down from the parents. The last 3 IVs are always generated randomly. This means it's quite easy to get Pokemon with 3 flawless (31) IVs but anything more than that will require a lot of luck.

I made a little post on IV breeding: here
    oh okay thanks i didn't think so but i was just making sure...the link above you got me extremly confused actually on Ivs. I read yours and it was better thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperWeb606 View Post
    Are wings useful at ALL? They just seem like such a small boost...
    They are useful to add specific EV's to areas, for example, if I wanted to train a Pokemon with 252 EV's in HP, I would need 25 HP Up's, but that only gives 250. Another 10 is too much, so just 2 easy to find and free wings are a better choice.

Off topic from quote, but this is my theory:
    Breed/Revive(fossil) a Pokemon and do not touch it.
    Instead of buying 25 Proteins/Irons/whatever, try to get 25 Battle Points
    Buy 25 of select item
    Go to a bridge where wings are available, and grab 2 for a total of 252 EV's

Now, if I wanted it to be EV trained like this:
    252 Atk
    252 Def
    4 Spe

I would need to have:
    50 Battle Points
    2 Muscle Wings
    2 defense EV raising wings (I forgot the name, I'll edit later)
    4 Swift Wings

It isn't hard to do, just takes some time. Much more accurate and less confusing.

BUT!

If your Pokemon has PKRS, that's when you have to manually EV train on wild Pokemon.

Hope this helps anyone.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1355-2485 (Missingno.)
    Friend Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Galvantula (Electric)

PM me if you added me!

Quote Originally Posted by VolcaronaZero View Post
    They are useful to add specific EV's to areas, for example, if I wanted to train a Pokemon with 252 EV's in HP, I would need 25 HP Up's, but that only gives 250. Another 10 is too much, so just 2 easy to find and free wings are a better choice.

Off topic from quote, but this is my theory:
    Breed/Revive(fossil) a Pokemon and do not touch it.
    Instead of buying 25 Proteins/Irons/whatever, try to get 25 Battle Points
    Buy 25 of select item
    Go to a bridge where wings are available, and grab 2 for a total of 252 EV's

Now, if I wanted it to be EV trained like this:
    252 Atk
    252 Def
    4 Spe

I would need to have:
    50 Battle Points
    2 Muscle Wings
    2 defense EV raising wings (I forgot the name, I'll edit later)
    4 Swift Wings

It isn't hard to do, just takes some time. Much more accurate and less confusing.

BUT!

If your Pokemon has PKRS, that's when you have to manually EV train on wild Pokemon.

Hope this helps anyone.
    Wait wot. Only 10 vitamins per stat.

Get 10 vitamins of each stat boost you want (Carbos and something?), give them to the pokemon, give it pokerus, then battle 15 Lillipups with the Power Something on, and then take it off and get the 2EV's, then battle 15 Sewaddles/Venipedes and then take off the Power Item and battle one more. Then go ahead and battle one Basculin.

You have the method completely wrong.
    Last edited by Zuzu14; 20th June 2011 at 9:49 AM.

Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast