Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu14 View Post
    Wait wot. Only 10 vitamins per stat.
    -_-

That's new to me.

Alright, then just buy ten Vitamins to get 100 EV's, then go ahead and find 152 wings to get a nice 252.

NYAH!
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1355-2485 (Missingno.)
    Friend Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Galvantula (Electric)

PM me if you added me!

Quote Originally Posted by VolcaronaZero View Post
    -_-

That's new to me.

Alright, then just buy ten Vitamins to get 100 EV's, then go ahead and find 152 wings to get a nice 252.

NYAH!
    And let's all count the chances of finding 152 wings for a specific stat in 1 day, instead of taking a couple of minutes to EV train! Woot!

What happens if you EV train more than 252 points in one stat? Do any negative effects occur?

3DS FC: 1719-3694-1541

Shinies (Not counting trades)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabertooth1000000000 View Post
    What happens if you EV train more than 252 points in one stat? Do any negative effects occur?
    The max is 255 per stat, 510 total. There's no negative effects. You'd just be wasting 4 EVs if you maxed out a stat because 255 is not divisible by 4. That's why a lot of sets have 252/252/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzu14 View Post
    And let's all count the chances of finding 152 wings for a specific stat in 1 day, instead of taking a couple of minutes to EV train! Woot!
    EV training manually is actually quite more complex, someone suggested to find 252 wings, care to respond to that post?
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1355-2485 (Missingno.)
    Friend Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Galvantula (Electric)

PM me if you added me!

EV training manually is actually quite more complex, someone suggested to find 252 wings, care to respond to that post?
    Yea, why not. You'd be an idiot to go up and down the bridge for hours on end trying to obtain 252 feathers which give +Attack etc.

i have seen so many people ask how to train and there are so many different ways, but here are two ways

keep in mind that there are EV hotspots with 100% hits for every stat except defense. there are two ways to do it. the fastest way which winds up losing the one extra point (come on, does it REALLY matter?), and then the way i do, which is slower but 100% accurate (turns out it DOES matter, for me!) so, heres the scoop, if youre going for the standard 252/252/4 spread that is so common....

also, im assuming you own all the power items. they are easy enough to pick up - just run through the standard battle subway for singles or doubles for a 21-streak for each item you need to pick up. alternatively, i can sell you power items for something good.... maybe something shiny?? ill give up 3 items for one shiny. also, other interesting trades considered.... just PM me.

Number one - save before training, just in case you mess up in some way. and then save after training. you dont wanna have to do it again unnecessarily in case you drop your DS.

------------------------------------

first and easiest way - spread pokerus to your pokemon.
    (if you do not have pokerus available, either:
    a. request a donor from anyone on this forum. ill give you a donor for free
    b. simply double the number of pokes to battle
    )
    then, decide on the two stats you want to max. head to one of the areas listed below for one of the stats, and slap on the power item for the second stat you want to boost. fight 32 pokemon in a row, with your 'trainee' in the lead spot, and at the first turn available switch to something strong elsewhere in your team. heal up if you need to and head back to the same spot. put on your other power item and battle 20 more pokemon the same way.

EXAMPLE - im training my Mew in Defense and Special D. i spread pokerus to Mew. i put on the power belt (defense item) and i go to Driftveil to surf around and battle frillish. Mew is first in my team, i switch out to Amoonguss at the start of battle and knock them out, keeping track of each one, until i knock out 32 of them, which will max out defense. then i heal up and restore PP if necessary, put on the power band (special D item) and knock out 20 more frillish, and i am done! i will have 255 defense and 255 special d.
    as i said before, if you cant manage to get your hands on pokerus, simply double the numbers of pokemon to knock out.

this will take around 20 minutes.

second way - more complicated! ill just step into the example.
    EXAMPLE - i decide that the extra 4 points developed into HP are incredibly necessary for the Jirachi i am training, so i will have 4 HP/252 Defense/252 Special D.

DO EVERYTHING IN THE EXACT ORDER HERE! ANY DEVIATION MAY AFFECT YOUR TRAINING!
    1. (do not spread pokerus yet!) i go to driftveil with the power weight (HP item), take out 1 frillish to take care of HP. remove the item and fight one more, for 4/0/2 so far.
    2. transfer pokerus to your Jirachi without letting him battle. place him in spot 2 of your team, with your pokerus donor in spot 1 or 3, battle a few more frillish, generally 3 will do the trick. check Jirachi to see if he has pokerus or not. if not, keep fighting the same way until he does.
    3. switch Jirachi back into the front of your team. with pokerus, put on the same item for the IV frillish gives out (power band, for special D.) knock out 25 frillish exactly. keep tally marks on paper if you have to. you will wind up with 4/0/252.
    4. swap the power band for power belt to boost defense, knock out 32 frillish and you are done! your spread will be: 4 HP/ 252 Defense/ 252 Special D.
    5. to confirm you are done, head to opelucid, walk north into the first building past the poke center, and talk to the girl you see. she will say "Your Jirachi.... Put in a great effort!" if she says anything different, you didnt follow my directions exactly, and you will need to redeem it somehow. if its that important, you can reset or fight some other pokemon and hope you get it right.

this will take around 45 minutes.

keep in mind, if you plan to fight stunfisk or basculin, they give more EVs so you will need to tweak the numbers a bit. ill leave that to you.
    Also, in case you are fighting stunfisk and using PP loss to keep track of how many you knock out, remember than they can use the move endure, which will let it survive your KO. plan accordingly!

EV hotspots:

HP
    Icirrus City surf - Stunfisk 2EVs
    Attack
    Route 1 - Patrat or Lillipup 1EV
    Sp. Attack
    Celestial Tower - Litwick or elgyem 1EV
    Sp. Defense
    Driftveil City - Frillish 1EV
    Speed
    Route 3 surf - Basculin 2EV

bear in mind, there is no hotspot for 100% defense. but this is unnecessary as you can get any spread fighting one pokemon a whole bunch of times.

WHEW! this was time-consuming. i hope this helps somebody. PM me for questions or comments. but please, keep it constructive. i dont need to read:
    BUT VENDIDERT THAT SPREAD IS A TERRIBEL SPREAD FOR A MEW LOL!!!!!!
    Last edited by Vendidurt; 21st June 2011 at 8:20 AM. Reason: fixed some spelling.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

Lol, what? How is EV training more complex? You look at serebii/some internet site to figure out how many EVs a certain Pokemon gives. Beat those Pokemon over and over and keep track of how many EVs you're getting. Writing down numbers is complex?

EV training spots

Quote Originally Posted by Vendidurt View Post
    BUT VENDIDERT THAT SPREAD IS A TERRIBEL SPREAD FOR A MEW LOL!!!!!!
    It is though... And both of your ways are more complicated than just finding a place to train for a specific stat.
    im not sure about anything

Hey there people
    I've recently bred a ghastly with my desired nature/characteristic, and i've EV trained it and levelled it to 25 when it evolved into a haunter
    now, do I continue levelling it and just evolve it when I can? or should I wait and evolve it before levelling it?
    I.e. would evolving it now mean better stats in the end? or would it just be the same no matter when I evolve it?

I've spent a long time on this pokémon already, and I don't wanna continue training it without knowing for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Blavocals View Post
    Hey there people
    I've recently bred a ghastly with my desired nature/characteristic, and i've EV trained it and levelled it to 25 when it evolved into a haunter
    now, do I continue levelling it and just evolve it when I can? or should I wait and evolve it before levelling it?
    I.e. would evolving it now mean better stats in the end? or would it just be the same no matter when I evolve it?

I've spent a long time on this pokémon already, and I don't wanna continue training it without knowing for sure
    Evolving it into Gengar now, or waiting until later will not make a difference. In the end it will have the same stats.

thank you for clearing that up for me ^_^

No offense, but I find the wings to be completely useless when it comes to adding up Effort points. I gave my Hydreigon 10 muscle wings, the attack didn't change. I leveled it up, standard changes, nothing different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

yeah, the wings are useless unless you grind for hours and hours for hundreds of them! theyre really not worth it.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

If i mucked up ev training my larvesta i dont have to get a new one right? I just have to use the right berries?

Ok im confused with the math. Im training my Lucario in Att and speed and i plan on grinding att evs off of lilpups. 1 Lilpup + a power bracer times pokerus = 10 ev right? Im very confused... even typing this out made me even more confused.

What are the best levels to ev train a pokemon at?

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysxx View Post
    What are the best levels to ev train a pokemon at?
    the level you get it at
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Quote Originally Posted by tradenbattle View Post
    Ok im confused with the math. Im training my Lucario in Att and speed and i plan on grinding att evs off of lilpups. 1 Lilpup + a power bracer times pokerus = 10 ev right? Im very confused... even typing this out made me even more confused.
    That is correct
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

So I was training at basculins(2 evs in speed). I had Pokerus and power anklet. And I kept withdrawing because I had a level 1 pokemon that was training speed evs. Will I still get my 12 evs in speed with the level 1 even though I withdrew every time. And then will I also get 12 speed evs in the pokemon I withdrew into?
    It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

Default IV Calc Issue

OK, so I'm relatively new to EV/IV breeding, so bear with me if this is something I should catch. I was trying to use the site's IV calc, and it's telling me that my pokemon's stats are out of the possible range. now, my pokemon is a) above level 50, and b) NOT hacked, I hate that, and c) hasn't used any items to mess with its stats that I know about or remember. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any and all helpful replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinepoke View Post
    So I was training at basculins(2 evs in speed). I had Pokerus and power anklet. And I kept withdrawing because I had a level 1 pokemon that was training speed evs. Will I still get my 12 evs in speed with the level 1 even though I withdrew every time. And then will I also get 12 speed evs in the pokemon I withdrew into?
    Both pokémon will get the EVs.
    Current HG BQ:

hung from the underbelly of the earth,
    while the stars skid away, below,
    gormless and brakeless, gravel-loose,
    falling silent as gavels in the snow

Quote Originally Posted by Shinepoke View Post
    Both Pokemon will get speed EVs from the Basculin. The Pokemon with Pokerus and the Power anklet will get (2+4)*2=12 EVs. If the other also has Pokerus and a power anklet then it will get the same 12 EVs, if not it will get a different amount depending on what it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorizori View Post
    OK, so I'm relatively new to EV/IV breeding, so bear with me if this is something I should catch. I was trying to use the site's IV calc, and it's telling me that my pokemon's stats are out of the possible range. now, my pokemon is a) above level 50, and b) NOT hacked, I hate that, and c) hasn't used any items to mess with its stats that I know about or remember. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any and all helpful replies!
    You didn't input your Pokemon's EVs so the calculator is assuming that your Pokemon has no EVs which is why it says your stats don't make sense.

Alright, I am EV training liligant and Wimsmicott right now, they are both lvl 50, where is a good place to increase their speed and sp attack EV's?
    Living, breathing pokedex.

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

I have pokemon white, if you want to trade or battle me, please add me and PM me your's
    0089-3477-5541

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonaces View Post
    Alright, I am EV training liligant and Wimsmicott right now, they are both lvl 50, where is a good place to increase their speed and sp attack EV's?
    EV training spots

If they are Lv.50 they probably already have lots of EVs unless you rare candied/daycared them to Lv. 50.

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast