Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

No, I used EXP share and went to the pokemon leauge once, I need to start EV training them when they are 50
    Living, breathing pokedex.

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

I have pokemon white, if you want to trade or battle me, please add me and PM me your's
    0089-3477-5541

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonaces View Post
    No, I used EXP share and went to the pokemon leauge once, I need to start EV training them when they are 50
    No, you EV train Pokemon when you first get them. They gained EVs from the e4 battles and you weren't keeping track of it.

Oh. Hmm...well I can always catch a Liligant. But finding a Whimsmicott will be hard

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

I have pokemon white, if you want to trade or battle me, please add me and PM me your's
    0089-3477-5541

Oh. Hmm...well I can always catch a Liligant. But finding a Whimsmicott will be hard
    Breed for another one?

Yea, but it inherits the same nature. thats the problem since I mate it with ditto

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

0089-3477-5541

Yea, but it inherits the same nature. thats the problem since I mate it with ditto
    As far as I know, it does not inherit the nature.

I try to get online during these hours for trade :
    Weekends
    2pm~1am/2am
    (GMT+8)

*I am no longer online on weekdays unless under special request*

It did with mine, but I guess it was just dumb luck, so I'll try again, hopefully I get a nature that hinders it's attack, but is beneficial to its speed, thr one I have is beneficial to SP attack and hinders on defense.

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

0089-3477-5541

You cant muck up ev training right cos if you do you can just use berries right?
    Pokemon White FC : 3525 2268
    Soul Silver FC : 3911 9325 5549

you CAN, but the berries are kind of hard and time-consuming to get.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

So say I have a level 100 dude full up on evs. And I have a level 1 guy I want to train def. evs. The level 1 guy has pokerus and exp share. I battle 1 Durant(2 evs), the level 1 pokemon will get 4 evs in defence? That means I have to battle 38 Durants.(Counting in the 10 vitamins). Am I correct on the part that I get 4 evs from the durant.

And if I am correct on the above (i'm pretty sure I am, then for faster defence evs I can put my level 1 in front of the party; Hold a power item, still with pokerus, and still battle the durant and then withdraw to my level 100, then I get 12 evs in defence for the level 1 poke. Am I correct on that? that makes it only 12 durants with the item, and then 2 without. much easier

So all i'm asking if I'm correct on the above 2 scenarios.
    It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

^Yes you're correct (both scenarios).

Hello there. I here to ask you guys some advice about my Victini. You see, I'm trying to raise such as an extremely strong pokemon. And PKMN Black version is my very first game of pokemon as I'm playing as myself and I'm pretty new of this stat. I've raising and training Victini for a while since I befriends and caught him at Liberty Garden after I stopped Team Plasma. Here's what I have...

Victini
    Nature: Sassy
    Characteristics/Personality: Likes to Run.
    LV: (currently) 74
    Met at Liberty Garden

HP: 243/ ATK: 184/ DEF: 168/ Sp. ATK: 160/ Sp. DEF: 183/ Speed: 183

Moveset:
    Thunder
    Searing Shot
    Flare Blitz
    Reversal

Let me know if there's anything wrong and need to be fixed. Ok? Thank you.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Hello there. I here to ask you guys some advice about my Victini. You see, I'm trying to raise such as an extremely strong pokemon. And PKMN Black version is my very first game of pokemon as I'm playing as myself and I'm pretty new of this stat. I've raising and training Victini for a while since I befriends and caught him at Liberty Garden after I stopped Team Plasma. Here's what I have...

Victini
    Nature: Sassy
    Characteristics/Personality: Likes to Run.
    LV: (currently) 74
    Met at Liberty Garden

HP: 243/ ATK: 184/ DEF: 168/ Sp. ATK: 160/ Sp. DEF: 183/ Speed: 183

Moveset:
    Thunder
    Searing Shot
    Flare Blitz
    Reversal

Let me know if there's anything wrong and need to be fixed. Ok? Thank you.
    You don't appear to have EV trained it. If it's at level 74 after meeting it at level 15, you've probably maxed your EVs already, The process cannot be undone without the happiness berries, which in this generation are rare and time consuming to get. And, even if you do erase all of the EVs, you still have a sassy Victini, which is a bad nature for a Victini anyhow.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

On the Serebii EV page there are lists of Pokemon that give EVs for certain stats. It says these work for every game up to Leaf Green. If I can find the same Pokemon on white version, will they still give me the same EVs?

just use the latest pokedex

some of the EV values given off have changed since GEN 3 so you need to use the latest pokedex and go back to the region.

we currently have a 3rd gen 4th gen and 5th gen pokedex

Quote Originally Posted by fschulze47 View Post
    You don't appear to have EV trained it. If it's at level 74 after meeting it at level 15, you've probably maxed your EVs already, The process cannot be undone without the happiness berries, which in this generation are rare and time consuming to get. And, even if you do erase all of the EVs, you still have a sassy Victini, which is a bad nature for a Victini anyhow.
    I see that sassy happened to be a bad nature for Victini. I battled lots of pokemon with him for training to level up. Defeated bad people like Team Plasma with him. But I didn't battle the Gym Leaders,fellow trainers,and the Elite Four with Victini because I got a feeling that it would be unfair to them. How can I figure it out or determine the EV/IV thing of my pokemon? I've took him to pokemon musical sometimes, and gave him massages at Castella City. I just flew back to Icirrus City and the lady with a Munna said that my Victini is super friendly to me that she's a bit jealous, and the man said that I've raised him quite well that he can feel my love for Victini and surprised him good stuff. The lady from Opelucid City said my Victini put in a great effort. The judge from Gear Station said that his potential is decent all around. The best potential lies in his Speed stat and it's very good in that regard. But I got a feeling it may not be good enough. Not just yet anyhow. So what do you think of my Victini? Is there anything that need to be fixed? Need improvement? Need changing of movesets? Let me know cause I don't to end up like a certain trainer from Veilstone City. I can't stand him.
    Last edited by Shego; 6th July 2011 at 8:10 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

uh ev training is gonna be a pain, Id rather breed my pokes then reset them but I havent even used the dreamworld yet how am I supposed to get those berries?

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I see that sassy happened to be a bad nature for Victini. I battled lots of pokemon with him for training to level up. Defeated bad people like Team Plasma with him. But I didn't battle the Gym Leaders,fellow trainers,and the Elite Four with Victini because I got a feeling that it would be unfair to them. How can I figure it out or determine the EV/IV thing of my pokemon? I've took him to pokemon musical sometimes, and gave him massages at Castella City. I just flew back to Icirrus City and the lady with a Munna said that my Victini is super friendly to me that she's a bit jealous, and the man said that I've raised him quite well that he can feel my love for Victini and surprised him good stuff. The lady from Opelucid City said my Victini put in a great effort. The judge from Gear Station said that his potential is decent all around. The best potential lies in his Speed stat and it's very good in that regard. But I got a feeling it may not be good enough. Not just yet anyhow. So what do you think of my Victini? Is there anything that need to be fixed? Need improvement? Need changing of movesets? Let me know cause I don't to end up like a certain trainer from Veilstone City. I can't stand him.
    I think you should read some guides on IVs and EVs, this will really help you to understand how to raise pokémon in the best way possible. The guy in the subway will tell you about your Victini's IVs, which range between 0 and 31 in each stat. They are preset and cannot be changed, so you can never improve your victini's IVs by training it. Decent all around is unfortunately the lowest judgement he will give, so your victini probably has below average IVs. Since the lady in opelucid said it put in a great effort, you have spended all your 510 EVs, which means that there is no way you can improve your victini one way or the other without using EV-reducing berries, which can be found and duplicated (by planting) in the dream world. You can keep levelling up your victini to improve its stats, but this will only enhance it in-game in battles that earn exp.points. Don't worry though, read some and you'll understand it and get the chance to train better pokémon in the future
    Current HG BQ:

hung from the underbelly of the earth,
    while the stars skid away, below,
    gormless and brakeless, gravel-loose,
    falling silent as gavels in the snow

Quote Originally Posted by Solfatara View Post
    I think you should read some guides on IVs and EVs, this will really help you to understand how to raise pokémon in the best way possible. The guy in the subway will tell you about your Victini's IVs, which range between 0 and 31 in each stat. They are preset and cannot be changed, so you can never improve your victini's IVs by training it. Decent all around is unfortunately the lowest judgement he will give, so your victini probably has below average IVs. Since the lady in opelucid said it put in a great effort, you have spended all your 510 EVs, which means that there is no way you can improve your victini one way or the other without using EV-reducing berries, which can be found and duplicated (by planting) in the dream world. You can keep levelling up your victini to improve its stats, but this will only enhance it in-game in battles that earn exp.points. Don't worry though, read some and you'll understand it and get the chance to train better pokémon in the future
    I see. So it didn't work well. Thanks.

Alright, I have EV trained my pawniard. I trained him immidiatly by fighting 10 patrats holding power bracer, he is evolved now at lvl 53 and kept up my ev training until his attack wont go any higher

Pokemon: Bisharp
    Nature: Lonely
    Route 11
    Met at lvl 50
    Loves to eat

HP: 148
    Attack: "190
    Defense: 104
    Sp attack: 83
    Sp defense: 81
    Speed: 80

Is it possible to have 255 EV on attack and 255 ev on defense?

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

0089-3477-5541

Is it possible to have 255 EV on attack and 255 ev on defense?
    Yes, the maximum EVs a Pokémon can have in any one stat is 255
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If I'm ev training using an exp share and the pokemon i'm using to battle the pokemon is not lv. 100, does that mean I'm not getting EV's on the pokemon holding the exp share?

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Awesome. So the total amount of EV's you can get all together is 510 for all 255 on defense and attack, what is the total amount for all using all the EV's up, I think its 565 EV's isnt it? Because if I have my bisharp with maximum EV's on attack and defense, iz there any EV's left to use to raise speed?

I have a 3ds so...
    3093-7075-0635

0089-3477-5541

Because if I have my bisharp with maximum EV's on attack and defense, iz there any EV's left to use to raise speed?
    No because 255+255=510. But if you had 252 on each then you could do 4 on speed

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    If I'm ev training using an exp share and the pokemon i'm using to battle the pokemon is not lv. 100, does that mean I'm not getting EV's on the pokemon holding the exp share?
    If a Pokémon gets exp then they get EVs
    Awesome. So the total amount of EV's you can get all together is 510 for all 255 on defense and attack, what is the total amount for all using all the EV's up, I think its 565 EV's isnt it? Because if I have my bisharp with maximum EV's on attack and defense, iz there any EV's left to use to raise speed?
    The maximum amount of EVs you can have on any one Pokémon is 510 in any combination but the maximum amount of EVs you can have in a stat is 255
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast