Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

What do you guys think about EVing a Roggenrola with a timid nature for Attack and Speed? I would have a better natured one but this one's shiny.
    Please click on my eggs:

Even with timid, Gigalith is so slow that it won't outspeed anything. I think it would work better as a physical wall or something.

ninjask is mine!
    looking for female&dwcheck my sig, PM if you're interested
    [img]http://i56.*******.com/a59ruh.png[/img]
        Spoiler:- Trade info:

Timid is probably the worst nature imaginable for a Gigalith. You're reducing one of your best stats for the benefit of a shitty one.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboy9000 View Post
    The best way to retrain would be to first max out vitamin use. You can use up to ten of each vitamin BEFORE you start training. Each vitamin gives 10 EV points. For example, if you use 10 proteins on your Infernape you will instantly gain 100 Attack EV's for it. That means you only need to get 152 Attack EV points for it. To EV train even faster, I would suggest getting the various EV power items for sale at the Battle Subway. Pokerus would also be very beneficial and help train even faster. Just wondering, what stats are you going to put the EV points into?
    First of all thanks for the good advice as for what EV training i am going to do with him. MY infernape has a jolly nature so i am thinking of maxing out his SP Attack stat (that's what i need to fix the most) his speed stat is at 294 so i think its good but now i am having bit of a hard time deciding how to reset his Attack, Defense, Sp Defense and HP stat, since my infernate has both physical and special attacks i am going to try and balance them out as equally as possible to make him a overall stronger pokemon. Anyways thanks again later.
    Last edited by dogxander; 25th July 2011 at 8:32 AM.

I've just finished EV training my flawless Scraggy. Since he's Careful-natured, I went for a 252 in HP, 8 in Attack and 248 in Sp. Def. I just need to level him up and teach him Crunch.

you cant have 255 in one stat its 252 max so even if you get more speed ev training the speed ev is maxxed out

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    you cant have 255 in one stat its 252 max so even if you get more speed ev training the speed ev is maxxed out
    255 is the max per stat. People use 252 because only every 4 EVs counts towards your stats and 255/254/253 are not divisible by 4.

I EV-Trained my first ever Pokemon in Black version, an Adamant Sawsbuck. 252 Att/252 Speed/4 HP.

cool, cool, i just trained my amoonguss. i gave him enough defense and HP to survive 2 STAB earthquakes from adamant golem, and dumped the rest in special defense.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

Hello everyone

im new at all this EV/IV training stuff..

i have decided to EV train a Chandelure.
    I have two Litwicks with Modest nature in my possesion, i give them 1 Exp. Share each and head out to the Celestial Tower to smash some litwicks for that +1 EP in sp. atk.

I set my kyurem as the "battle pokémon"

but after 10+ litwick's "killed" i haven't yet received a single +1 sp. atk. besides the level up bonus. I'ev even tried with calcium to get +10 EP, but the Sp. atk. remains unchanged.

What am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Vendidurt View Post
    cool, cool, i just trained my amoonguss. i gave him enough defense and HP to survive 2 STAB earthquakes from adamant golem, and dumped the rest in special defense.
    ...Why the fuck are you battling Golems?

Quote Originally Posted by JaZuk View Post
    Hello everyone

I have two Litwicks with Modest nature in my possesion, i give them 1 Exp. Share each and head out to the Celestial Tower to smash some litwicks for that +1 EP in sp. atk.

but after 10+ litwick's "killed" i haven't yet received a single +1 sp. atk. besides the level up bonus. I'ev even tried with calcium to get +10 EP, but the Sp. atk. remains unchanged.

What am i doing wrong?
    Both of your Litwicks are Lv. 100, right?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    ...Why the fuck are you battling Golems?
    Maybe he's playing in the RU tier?

Hello everyone

What am i doing wrong?
    Stop worrying about seeing the stat change. Just get your 510 EVs and then level it up. Your stats have a limit per level so you're not going to see it all at once if you're at a low level. Rest assured that the EVs will boost your stat gradually as you level up. At Lv. 100 the difference should be clear.

Thanks for the answers

another question though: at level 50 it takes 8 EP to gain +1 stat..

will that mean if i EV train my pokemon after level 50 it will only be able to get 255/8=31,875=+31 in e.g. defense?

Thanks for the answers

another question though: at level 50 it takes 8 EP to gain +1 stat..

will that mean if i EV train my pokemon after level 50 it will only be able to get 255/8=31,875=+31 in e.g. defense?
    No. A simple way to approximate how much your EVs affect your stat points at a given level is:

(EVs/4) * (Lv/100)
    For example a Chandelure with 252 EVs in SpA at Lv. 50 will have (252/4) * (50/100)=31 (rounded down) more stat points than a Chandelure with no EVs in SpA. [assuming they have the same IVs and nature of course]
    At Lv. 100 the 252 EVs in SpA Chandelure will have (252/4) * (100/100)=63 more SpA than the Chandelure with no EVs.

last gen the exp share didnt effect EVs gained ._.

Oh well XD I still do the classic switch in out method since Im getting boosts from pokerus and the power items.

okay Im breeding a ditto with my male riolu with 31 ivs in sp atk, I put the power lens on my riolu right?

You put the Power Lens on whatever you want to pass down SpA.

I'm going to start EV-Training a Houndoom to be a Mixed Attacker and then start EVing a Galavantula.

good idea! galvantula is pretty cool - i need a bug since crustle turned out to be a letdown.

i just finished training my adamant, extremespeed, DW dratini that has 31/31/31/?/9/31.
    no, it isnt shiny. i dont like shiny dragonite....
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504

A gift from Sizida

Just EVed my shaymin 252 sp attack, 252 speed, 4 HP

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

right on! i never used a shaymin. im kinda wary of grass types - lots of weaknesses, you know? only grass type in my team is sceptile. how does shaymin fare in a fight?
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504

A gift from Sizida

Quote Originally Posted by Vendidurt View Post
    right on! i never used a shaymin. im kinda wary of grass types - lots of weaknesses, you know? only grass type in my team is sceptile. how does shaymin fare in a fight?
    Actually pretty good! And if shaymin is in Sky Forme then it's even better. So I'm planning a bunch of special attacks for it and make use of it's high sp attack stat. It's currently at level 62 and it is now fully EVed

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

If you really want a good Grass type, try Ferrothorn.

Because Steel typing is the only thing that can help Grass types.

I EV trained my RNG'd Eevee yesterday, and went for 252 in Sp. Attack and Speed, while putting the remaining 4 points into HP. I'm gonna evolve it into Espeon.

Would having a Modest quint-flawless Chandelure with 30 Ivs in SpAtk affect its special attack stat by alot?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Would having a Modest quint-flawless Chandelure with 30 Ivs in SpAtk affect its special attack stat by alot?
    If you don't want to completley destroy the other trainer's dreams of becoming a master while in battle.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for Ev training my Haxorus. It's Adamant natured...

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast